Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I've just finished charging my Omicron for the first time and reconnected it to the cartridge only to find it totally dead. I'm none too thrilled as the cartridge has vaped under 0.4g, and I don't have any spares yet (they're on their transatlantic voyage somewhere). I've also got feeling that it could even be the battery rather than the cart- after all, that's the piece that had been disconnected and charged, whilst nothing changed with the cart. So any ideas on how to go about testing if it's the cartridge?

More generally Ive been pretty pleased with my limited early experience with the vape. Seem to have a few clogging problems like everyone else, and it's not always consistent- there's no guarantee of a good hit, but 70% of the time it delivers IME. This is with home made concentrates though, rather than any of the specialities some users are feeding theirs.

WatTyler,
Watyler, I only feed my carts with homemade oils and they work flawlessly, check out one of my videos posted a while back. The secret to getting milky fat rips is this.

use good quality buds/trim, butane, extractor etc...
Get your BHO technique good
warm and vac
Do not whip oil, leave runny and use the fill tool to fill.

I do this everytime and i dont ever need to prime. My clouds are effortless and tasty!

so maybe your cart needs priming. What i do is look down the air hole and hold the button down. If you see a light it should be working. If the cart warms up too then it should be working. But whatever you do dont over do the button presses. The more you press the button the sooner the cart will fail.

VaporBoxed,

eLiguL

WatTyler said:
More generally Ive been pretty pleased with my limited early experience with the vape. Seem to have a few clogging problems like everyone else, and it's not always consistent- there's no guarantee of a good hit, but 70% of the time it delivers IME. This is with home made concentrates though, rather than any of the specialities some users are feeding theirs.

I can attest to the fact that your starting material has a huge factor in your satisfaction with this product. I am in Canada so I only have access to oils via MOM's. I have tried two types and my findings are these:

1. Oils that are transparent work best
2. When you heat your oil it should act and behave like a liquid for best results
3. Any oil with a paste consistency when heated seems to be inconsistent with the quality of the hit. i.e. sometimes they are killer while other times they are whispy

image hosting

The Mango worked amazing in the Omicron. Easy to fill, tasted great on the first hit and the hits stay strong right up until the last 30 hits or so. My only knock on this oil is the length of high is lacking since it is made from a Mango flavoured sativa. There is an easy fix to this and that is to medicate more!

The Premium Mix did not work so well although it did produce vapor, I find that oils of this consistency to be more trouble than they are worth. You are constantly heating the cart to encourage the oil to go down, since its like a paste it doesnt run down too well or quickly for that matter.

eLiguL,

OF

WatTyler said:
So any ideas on how to go about testing if it's the cartridge?

The first part's easy. If the light on the battery comes on normally, the power is being stored and delivered normally. It's highly unlikely there's a problem there. OTOH, the cart didn't know how to choose that moment to pack it in. Could it be that the oil settled in the cart on the side while it was on the deck while the battery charged?

In the bigger sense, there's a huge number of folks out here that are getting great results. The product seems sound of design and of uniform (good) quality. Given even average oils. While defective gear is always possible it's not likely IMO. Problems are most likely with oils or technique? Depending on how your stash is and how you feel, if I were in your place I'd consider adding some more oil. It's not unknown for carts with a fair bit of oil to start balking. If the cart is dead, you'll be remelting anyway, you will leave some behind anyway, but you should recover all of the oil you add for testing and then some.

OF

OF,

kertong

*please delete me*
Just to back up what OF is saying here, I've had 2-3 carts all weighing in at 8.15-8.2g, which means I have anywhere from .3-.4g still inside, but already the carts were hitting much thinner than they used to.

I took a lighter to 2 of those carts, and got all the remaining oil out and poured it into the 3rd cart. By the end, the 2 carts weighed about 7.9-8.0g each and the 3rd cart was at a healthy 8.5g. I let the cart cool and settle while it was vertical for a bit before hitting it, and just as I had hoped, the first hit off it was nice, thick, and cloudy!

The omicron definitely has a learning curve, but it really is worth the investment to exercise a little patience with this tool (especially when it comes to cartridges).

kertong,

Uce

Reggae boomblasta slowvapor coughfasta
SOOO THC I RETURNED THE OMICRON AFTER I TOOK A SHIT ON ME..ONE OF THE DAM BATTS SHUT DOWN N IVE ONLY HAD IT FOR BOUT TWO WEEKS JUST GLAD IM NOT WASTEN MONEY ON THEM CARTS THAT DONT EVEN LET YOU USE ALL OF YOUR MEDICINE..ITS FUCKD BUT IM LOOKIN TOWARDS ANOTHER TYPE OF VAPE PEN LESS EXPENSIVE...EGO T WITH LR900MAH WORKS JUST AS WELL IF NOT BETTER BIGGER PULLS EASIER LOADING WIDER LITTERALY JUST DROP IT IN...OMICRON IS OKAY..JUST NOT IS DURABLE...WHO KNOWS WELL SEE IN THE FUTURE.....GET LIFTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uce,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Uce whats wrong? where did you get the unit at? If you cant tell us what is wrong we cant help you. What pen did you go with? what cartridge are you using that you can just drop it in?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Koop

Uce said:
SOOO THC I RETURNED THE OMICRON AFTER I TOOK A SHIT ON ME..ONE OF THE DAM BATTS SHUT DOWN N IVE ONLY HAD IT FOR BOUT TWO WEEKS JUST GLAD IM NOT WASTEN MONEY ON THEM CARTS THAT DONT EVEN LET YOU USE ALL OF YOUR MEDICINE..ITS FUCKD BUT IM LOOKIN TOWARDS ANOTHER TYPE OF VAPE PEN LESS EXPENSIVE...EGO T WITH LR900MAH WORKS JUST AS WELL IF NOT BETTER BIGGER PULLS EASIER LOADING WIDER LITTERALY JUST DROP IT IN...OMICRON IS OKAY..JUST NOT IS DURABLE...WHO KNOWS WELL SEE IN THE FUTURE.....GET LIFTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
calm down bro. it's most likely not even the battery that died. if you just let it hang while charging it, the charger fucks up because its cheaply made. i've had like 3 chargers break on me before i figured out to not just let it hang freely with no support. if you don't wanna keep your vape ill be glad to take it off your hands bro.

Koop,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Is it better to load .5 or 1G? I loaded a full gram of OG budder. Initially good clouds now 2 days later takes alot of priming to get minimal vapor. I still see product on the sides of cart. The cart heats up, though I can't see any glow in the ail tube.

Jeppy,

OF

Jeppy said:
Is it better to load .5 or 1G? I loaded a full gram of OG budder. Initially good clouds now 2 days later takes alot of priming to get minimal vapor. I still see product on the sides of cart. The cart heats up, though I can't see any glow in the ail tube.

Most agree, it's better to load a full cart. I suspect it's a further guarantee it's well melted down and doesn't have any gaps (like perhaps you have?). This part is important.

If you can see the oil on the walls but it's not far enough down to reach the wick and feed it sounds like it's time to melt it down. Once it's at the bottom (with no gaps) it seems like the first heater keeps it melting down to the wick so it can carry it to the second heater for vaporization and delivery.

You won't see a glow once you've filled the cart and got it to produce. I don't think anyone has reported seeing the glow in an other than new cart?

OTHO, I've had carts 'stall out' with a third of a gram left from dry weight only to come right back into service when topped up. Did you weight the cart? How much is left? Any chance you used over half a gram?

OF

OF,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Yes, I used a full gram of budder. I was wondering about .5 being better since puregold comes in .5 ampules.

Jeppy,

OF

Jeppy said:
Yes, I used a full gram of budder. I was wondering about .5 being better since puregold comes in .5 ampules.

I guess I think of PG as an exception. It's thin enough to flow down on it's own. No feeding issues. I loaded a single capsule, and have added two more one at a time when the cart slows up (seems to have about 200mg or a bit more left at that point). With stiffer oils (like waxes) there seems to be a bit more residual. No big deal, IMO, it's like the gas tank on your car. You generally top the tank up long before the last bit of gas is used. When the cart dies, you're going to melt whatever is left out anyway (hoping to get as much of the residual as possible).

I got the point you loaded a whole gram. Since it's quite possible to have feeding troubles with half a gram or so still in the cart, I asked if you thought you might have used half a gram (I've no idea how hard you're hitting it. Lately I've heard of some shocking levels of consumption, I'm still trying to visualize the seven gram blunt..... Or the fellow that consumed nearly an ounce of oil in a month (a gram a day???). Not the sort of league I'm used to.

So, think you might have run the level down to half or less?

OF

OF,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I guess I could have gone below half but it never really did hit hard. I considered this cart a "demo" cart. Thinking I would be able to work out all the kinks with this first cart. I have 2 others that I have not used and another 3/4 gram of budder. I'm wondering if I should fill the other cart?

Jeppy,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Guys please understand that there will be residual if we dont melt it down. Their will always be residual. Nails even have residuals.

the trade of is about .1 -.2 max for about 400+ hits of anytime anywhere. I would like not to compromise but i have to if i want the portability of these vapes.

After the heating element is done, you can always open it and recover as much as possible further reducing losses.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Jeppy said:
I guess I could have gone below half but it never really did hit hard. I considered this cart a "demo" cart. Thinking I would be able to work out all the kinks with this first cart. I have 2 others that I have not used and another 3/4 gram of budder. I'm wondering if I should fill the other cart?

Without exact weights, it's hard to say. And even with them, I've had a couple 'slow up' with a fair bit left. If I were you I'd seriously consider adding more rather than starting a fresh cart. Why abandon what's in there now? If it still doesn't go, you can melt it back out (getting back all you added and hopefully some of the residual now there).

My plan is to run a cart as long as it still performs. I use the new carts (I'm down to the last, 5 more are on the way) for new oils to try.

OF

OF,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
OF said:
Jeppy said:

Without exact weights, it's hard to say. And even with them, I've had a couple 'slow up' with a fair bit left. If I were you I'd seriously consider adding more rather than starting a fresh cart. Why abandon what's in there now? If it still doesn't go, you can melt it back out (getting back all you added and hopefully some of the residual now there).

My plan is to run a cart as long as it still performs. I use the new carts (I'm down to the last, 5 more are on the way) for new oils to try.

OF
I agree, but the other budder is different from what I already have in there now.

Jeppy,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I see you dont want to combine different extracts. Hmmm gives me a idea. Let me think this over and ill see what we can do for this issue people are having.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Does pure gold taste weird to anyone else? I get a strange after taste that I don't like at all.

ilovebOObs,

ilovebOObs

Not sure, but it did have this lemonly after taste. I didn't even know there were more then 1 type. Haha I just ask for pure gold and I wasn't told there wad a choice.

ilovebOObs,

ilovebOObs

Sorry meant to edit but accidentally hit quote.
Thanks for the awesomeky fast response too.

ilovebOObs,

OF

Jeppy said:
I agree, but the other budder is different from what I already have in there now.

I'd go with a new cart, then. As I see it, that's the only way to really judge the new oil on it's own (I don't know about you but I tend to finish the scotch I'm working on before pouring a different brand.....).

I also think ten bucks for a new cart is not such a big deal when you're about to put $40 or $50 of oil in it.

I say, 'go for it'.

OF

OF,

OF

ilovebOObs said:
Not sure, but it did have this lemonly after taste. I didn't even know there were more then 1 type. Haha I just ask for pure gold and I wasn't told there wad a choice.

Not to worry, I too never knew there was two kinds. Then again, it seems like maybe the maker doesn't know either?
http://www.tetralabs.com/products.php

The web page seems to say the only version available has 5% Limonene. Perhaps there is a old/new formula? Otherwise, I too have never been offered any choice. It's always had a citrus smell/taste to me. I suspect that had to be added in. For myself, this is not an issue, but I can see how some might not like it. I'd be hard pressed to say where you might go to get it without the Limonene.

OF

OF,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I will fill another cart tomorrow to see if it was the cart or me. Also, there is a collective in Sac that claims they have 1 gram ampules of Puregold, though on the TetraLab website it only shows .5.

Jeppy,

ilovebOObs

Thanks for clearing that up OF, I did like how pure gold was so effortless to hit but the taste turns me off. Oh well, guess I will have to try some nitro next since I hear that's good also. GCA has trinity oil for $20/gram and it hits great in the omicron.

Also has carts been known to die even before using a whole cart? I think my pure gold cart just died.

ilovebOObs,
Top Bottom