Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

OF said:
I just went to Omicron page and noticed some 'coming soon' cartomizers. Most with e2 in the name. I assume for 'other peoples's batteries'? That is to fit standard 510 fittings instead of the current coarse thread ones. They are otherwise the same (save resistance) two chamber 'for oil' design?

Secondly, what is a 'qaud core' cartomizer? Some sort of parallel scheme?

Or maybe we're not supposed to know yet, just speculate a bit?

TIA for any additional information you can pass on.....to say the least it catches one's interest.

OF

I also am wondering this. I recently quit cigs and bought electric cig. It would be awesome to vape oils and e-juice on one battery.

VaporBoxed,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
VaporBoxed said:
OF said:
I just went to Omicron page and noticed some 'coming soon' cartomizers. Most with e2 in the name. I assume for 'other peoples's batteries'? That is to fit standard 510 fittings instead of the current coarse thread ones. They are otherwise the same (save resistance) two chamber 'for oil' design?

TIA for any additional information you can pass on.....to say the least it catches one's interest.

OF

I also am wondering this. I recently quit cigs and bought electric cig. It would be awesome to vape oils and e-juice on one battery.

I think you can do this today with an omicron. They make an adapter for ecig carts I thought.

http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=510-%2d-KR808%2dD1%2d-DSC-901--Adapter

ru_frothi,
Im not sure why but i want to try using my omicron carts on my silver bullet. The battery of my SB lasts forever and produces awesome vapor. Thanks though rufrothy. If its not possible to do this i will be ordering that adapter when i get home from work.

edit: btw this is the silver bullet
kind of looks like a persei

VaporBoxed,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
rufrothy said:
VaporBoxed said:
OF said:

OF

I think you can do this today with an omicron. They make an adapter for ecig carts I thought.

http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=510-%2d-KR808%2dD1%2d-DSC-901--Adapter

hmm... are those also usable as Omicron Cartridge to (non Omicron) battery adapters?

from what it says they are meant to be non-omicron cartridge/atomizer to omicron battery adapters.

It'd be great to be able to use omicron cartridges with my current e-cig bat.

MarcellusWiley,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
MarcellusWiley said:
rufrothy said:
VaporBoxed said:

hmm... are those also usable as Omicron Cartridge to (non Omicron) battery adapters?

from what it says they are meant to be non-omicron cartridge/atomizer to omicron battery adapters.

My nephew has the Atmos. He is wondering the same thing.

Jeppy,

OF

Jeppy said:
MarcellusWiley said:
rufrothy said:

My nephew has the Atmos. He is wondering the same thing.

OK, my understanding is the adapters Omicron sells thread into the battery they sell (also the Atmos) and allow you to use 'standard e-cig carts' (510 and so on threads). You can then 'smoke' e-cig carts on your Omicron or Atmos battery. They won't fit the Omicron oil carts to other batteries than Omicron and Atmos.

You still can't use Omicron oil carts on other batteries, even with the Omicron adapters, except of course Atmos brand. The nephew should have no problem with using the oil carts but is on his own for e-cigs as 'nobody' sells prefills, and only Atmos sells empties that will feed (?).

The reason I asked the questions above is it seems Omicron is about to sell a whole series of carts that don't fit their battery. E-cig folks could be able to buy one of those empty carts and fill it with oil like the ones we now use on the Omicron?

Or not.

OF

OF,

Errl

The Omicron cartridges use a reversed E9 threading (the Omicron battery is a female connection, regular E9 connections the battery is male). This leads to troubles finding an adapter that will work, because while I did find a 510 to E9 adapter the 510 side is female and the E9 side is female and no one makes a 510 male to female adapter.

Also the E9 side on my adapter doesn't have the little air slits... Not sure if this will influence draw speed.

Errl,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys we will have ecig cartridges for the omicrons, and our other batteries.

But as far as having the cartridges for other batteries, this means we have to discontinue technical support for them because we cant verify how it was used.

99.9% of people using our cartridges is on our batteries, and we are able to handle technical support. But when you take our cartridges and mate them to Atmos or BB or anything else then how do we know what voltage, amps, and other technical data that battery has.

You have to understand its not only mah rating, its other factors that have to be taken into consideration.

IMR battery, ICR, IFR, whats being used on all of these other mods? What protection circuits? What brand? whats the amps it puts out? will it burn a cartridge?

So in short we can only offer these cartridges on our battery for technical reasons.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Thanks, THC, that makes sense up to a point but what are the 'e2 carts' for then?

TIA

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
You mean ce2 they are juice cartomizers, cottonless wick style cartos. Google it and you'll see.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
The Dual Coil Cartos, are just that dual coil with cotton filling for vaporization of glycerin juices non nicotine.

The Ce2 is the same thing but one coil, for glycerin based juices.

The Quad Core, is a cart we are doing that no one else has. It is a 4 heating wire cartridge that will just produce massive amounts of vapor with a glycerin juice.

These cartridges will be for people who still like to vaporize tinctures, but without the $60 price tag these stores get per cartridge.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
BTW: Looks from Stickyguide like tetralabs will let you join their collective as a patient and order 25 1/2G PureGolds for $500. Thats a great deal for those buying in bulk.

http://tetralabs.com/membership.php

Dont have any first hand experience. just passing this along.

FREE TRIAL
You receive great benefits as a member of the TetraLabs collective, including free samples of GoldCaps now and of new products when we release them. If we have your email address, we will send you dates of trade shows and events where you can talk to us in person. And, in the future, you'll also be able to participate in an online forum to share your experiences as well as ask questions.

After we receive your application, we will send you a coupon you may redeem at selected dispensaries for samples of both 10mg and 25mg GoldCaps.

TO ENROLL AS A MEMBER OF THE TETRALABS COLLECTIVE

Click here, print, complete and sign the membership agreement [PDF]
Photocopy your doctor's recommendation for medical cannabis
Photocopy your California photo I.D.

Mail to:
TetraLabs Collective
3240 S. White Rd #156
San Jose, CA 95148 Fax to:
800.991.0624 Email to:
info@tetralabs.com

ru_frothi,

BossBrew

Metalhead
Apparently dispensaries can order TetraLabs products online.

PureGold One half-gram squeeze tube per vial; 25 vials per box. $500

Dispensaries get 0.5/g of PureGold for $20 and the cheapest I can find it anywhere is $45/g. They are making a killing selling this stuff.

Can patients purchase in bulk? It seems like they are only offering that deal to dispensaries.

BossBrew,

OF

I've been playing with a fun accessory for our favorite consumer product, a solar charger. I have a "Solar USB charger" (do a web search, there's lots of them.....). I got a model with a battery, originally for my cell phone and mp3 player. It's about 3 by 5 inches, 3/8 inch thick and has a USB port on it that will charge the Omicron from dead to full twice easily. It has a solar panel on one side, 7 or so hours in the sun recharges it, as will a couple of hours plugged into the wall. Under 30 bucks. Carried with the support kit, you're protected against battery recharge problems.

It's also kinda fun to sit in the garden exercising the Omicron and watching the battery charge in the morning sun. It's not a true hippie solution, of course, since it takes a lot to make the oil to feed the carts, but it's a fun step in that direction. Also answers the 'what vape to take back packing' question that has tried man for so long. Just think, when the plant cart gets here, a guy could be 'off grid' big time......living on clean water, good earth and sunlight.

OF

OF,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I got in the habit of putting a straight pin in my "hole" before covering it with the fill tool.
I was refilling a cart that regularly clogs and needs much priming.. and was not ready to retire that cart yet!
I accidentally picked up a straight pin with a tinier than usual sized head and the head of the pin slipped into the center air hole in the cart.
The pin was unretrievable.
I tried to hit my omicron with this cart with the pin in it.

It hit well... in spite of this foreign object down in the hole. It also no longer clogs!
I have been getting great hits from this cart since.. but am reluctant to add any more wax to the cart.
What do you think?
Do I try to get the pin out? (Goodness knows how!)
do I waste time trying to refill it?
Is this acting as some type of floating valve and 'clog eliminator"?

Vitolo,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
vito give me details on the pin length, diameter, so on and so forth.

Lets duplicate this then see what we can do to get it built into the cartridges.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
I see this pin solving all the clogging problems! i notice when im pulling on my omicron i need to pop a bubble in the tube by priming it but with a needle in it that would restrict the bubble from even being made.

VaporBoxed,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Vaporboxed, if the pin solves the issue then that be great, but without a lot of tests we cant confirm it. Right now it might be fluke, well see when we get the pin info from vito and try to duplicate his results multiple times on cartridges that are clogged.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Oh i know im not gonna waste a 10 dollar cart on a theory ill wait for it to be tested thanks for the insight though

VaporBoxed,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
VaporBoxed said:
Oh i know im not gonna waste a 10 dollar cart on a theory ill wait for it to be tested thanks for the insight though

Yes because in theory this should cause a short and create issues with the heating wire if it is touching it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Vitolo said:
Do I try to get the pin out? (Goodness knows how!)

Well I'm not Goodness (and I can prove it......), but I think I does knows how.

Call on Mr. Magnet. There are some crazy strong magnets these days and the cart body isn't interested in 'em. What you wanna bet your pin is? If it won't pop out, gently run a steel wire down to it, energize it with the powerful magnet and pull all 3 out together.

OF

OF,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I was worried about the pin shorting out something myself (more scared for the battery)
problem is solved... I am retrieving the pin directly, the "brute force" way.. as soon as my oil starts hitting a bit lighter.
I will be sending this pin directly on to THC Scientific for the betterment of the medicating community at large!

Vitolo,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
BossBrew said:
Apparently dispensaries can order TetraLabs products online.

PureGold One half-gram squeeze tube per vial; 25 vials per box. $500

Dispensaries get 0.5/g of PureGold for $20 and the cheapest I can find it anywhere is $45/g. They are making a killing selling this stuff.

Can patients purchase in bulk? It seems like they are only offering that deal to dispensaries.

Evidently its for patients too. The $25 margin is the dispensaries not tetralabs.

ru_frothi,
Top Bottom