• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

OF

I have a suggestion for an 'unclog tool' for our favorite device. I too have had to clean the 'flue' out a few times (more often I think with some oils than others). Not doing so seems to lead to a tarball getting blown up the pipe into the mouthpiece.

At first I figured I was clearing out the condensed vapor on the inverted 'sail maker's needle' I use. I've set it in a pin vice with just enough exposed to almost contact the heater before the chuck of the pin vice hits the tip of the tube. The eye of the needle was a big help stripping the oil from the walls and getting it out. Then I realized I was going about it all wrong, and wasting oil to boot. When I didn't clean the needle with IPA after each pass, it eventually pushed the extra back into the second chamber where it vaporized again.....no loss. Too much could no doubt swamp it, but once the air path is again clear, the excess oil seems to get used up quickly.

The issue is the needle and pin vice don't travel well.

The solution was just a bit further down the 'sewing stuff' counter, the humble safety pin! Turns out the standard number 3 pin (two inches OAL) is spot on for length near as I can measure. The ones I have are about 1.5 inches from spring to tip, the spring stops the point just shy of the spot my carefully adjusted needle and pin vice allow. The pin fits very neatly in the carry case, in the small plastic bag with a couple of spare (different) oils in one of the nets. Since I sometimes go out with just the unit in my pocket, I'm considering putting one in my wallet (I'm well past the age of carrying a condom there, so I've got the space.....), and will no doubt put a few in the car 'just in case'.

BTW, I also scrapped the AC adapter that came with the kit. Too big IMO, the inch or so cube made for the IPhone and other 'Apple stuff' is much smaller, provides more power and leaves space for one of those small 'car cigarette lighter to USB' supplies. Now I have ability to charge from a computer, the wall or a car as needed.

Just in case anyone cares?

OF

OF,

BossBrew

Metalhead
Today after loading my OG Butter cart I thought it was clogged but it turns out that the hole on the mouthpiece was closed. I removed the piece of plastick that was stuck and have had no issues since. :ko:

BossBrew,

Nugget49er

Old Fart
Wishing all of you FC'ers a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!! and the best in the New Year.

@DubC - A big thanks to you for all your efforts here on sticky and YT. :peace:
@"G" & all at THCScientific - The new year is only gonna be bigger and brighter for you all.
@Hiroshima187 /Hiero - Where you go? I no see your name anymore on the forums . I really enjoyed and used your
critiques of various dispensaries and their products, when I'd make my runs to the "Big City".
The best to you and yours this Holiday Season.:peace:

• Omicron nOObS REMEMBER: [/*]
    • Check your cart for glow.[/*]
    [/*]
    • WEIGH your cartridge EMPTY (grain scale used in reloading is good - .000g )[/*]
    [/*]
    • Fill using fill-tool or modified #3 Wilton frosting tip[/*]
    [/*]
  • WEIGH your filled cartridge and write it down.[/*]
Remember to handle your battery charger cable with care, I noticed the red and black wires creeping out of the strain reliever on the battery side of my cable/ fixed it with a piece of electrical tape,
probably caused by letting the battery dangle while USB charging on my tower.

Nugget49er,

OF

Nugget49er said:
    [/*]
    • WEIGH your cartridge EMPTY (grain scale used in reloading is good - .000g )[/*]
    [/*]
    [/*]
Remember to handle your battery charger cable with care, I noticed the red and black wires creeping out of the strain reliever on the battery side of my cable/ fixed it with a piece of electrical tape,

Excellent advice, to which I'd add:
"Store it standing up" and
"Don't run it dry".

There's probably also some good advice in there about 'keep your battery charged' (or is it your powder dry???), but I'm not sure how to put it simply......

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
For all the guys who thought we bullshit, here it is the prototypes are here.

402587_203700866385301_100002361681913_421077_1956827491_n.jpg

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Im gonna pre order that just to be part of history bro. No other chubbler was ever made for a vape.

WE the first the only at the moment, but im sure people gonna start to xerox it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Adobewan

@THC
Not first only for the moment, innovation copied doesn't change the record.
First is forever man.

Adobewan,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
VaporBoxed said:
Hey THC is it possible for me to use the omicron carts with my S.B. e-cig if i buy the adaptor?

The adapters are for the omicron and any other vape we have to be able to use other cartomizers with it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Adobewan said:
@THC
Not first only for the moment, innovation copied doesn't change the record.
First is forever man.

Soooo true

Btw it was your drawing that made it possible to make the prototypes, as a gift the very first one off the production line will be yours.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

usermaine

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Im gonna pre order that just to be part of history bro. No other chubbler was ever made for a vape.

WE the first the only at the moment, but im sure people gonna start to xerox it.

i think the SSV had little bubblers and GonGs attachements made for it a while back

usermaine,

jon_dojah

jon_dojah said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
They will be shipped out on Tuesday priority 2-3 days. Now if the post office screws up witch they have before, I can't guarantee it.

Cool i have faith it will be here by friday if not monday is ok since i wont be able to get them oils until the next week anyway...i just ordered 2 doubles, 2 fill tools, a pack of carts, etc. :D

Everything arrived today...you guys are the best and literally saved my xmas LOL...merry christmas to all you guys

jon_dojah,

OF

usermaine said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

i think the SSV had little bubblers and GonGs attachements made for it a while back

Not to mention Vapir, who sold 'em by the handful:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QWC8TI/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details

POS really, but it is a bubbler made for a vape. And while I didn't pay near that much for 'em, I did buy them last Spring.

OF

Edit: Spelling correction

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
It's a prototype. Just trying to get the feel of how we should make it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
The carb is not a carb, there is a plug there to fill and empty the water. We just didnt have the cap for it, so we decided to plug it with our finger, but then said hey it can act as a carb also.

Its that not intended glad its there part.

But hey now we gonna see if we can make it smaller.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Wow loving the size of the bubbled, I think its perfect. Can't wait till its released. Picked up my first pure gold cart, gonna gave it a try tonite. Also props to GCA they hook me up with a free refill tool since I bought it before they had it. Also the trinity oil hits great for the price, I really like it.

ilovebOObs,

OF

I just went to Omicron page and noticed some 'coming soon' cartomizers. Most with e2 in the name. I assume for 'other peoples's batteries'? That is to fit standard 510 fittings instead of the current coarse thread ones. They are otherwise the same (save resistance) two chamber 'for oil' design?

Secondly, what is a 'qaud core' cartomizer? Some sort of parallel scheme?

Or maybe we're not supposed to know yet, just speculate a bit?

TIA for any additional information you can pass on.....to say the least it catches one's interest.

OF

OF,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
OF said:
Nugget49er said:
    [/*]
    [/*]
    [/*]

Excellent advice, to which I'd add:
"Store it standing up" and
"Don't run it dry".

There's probably also some good advice in there about 'keep your battery charged' (or is it your powder dry???), but I'm not sure how to put it simply......

OF

agreed and all these tips and more are in the vaporpedia wiki linked in my sig. no need to scour 60 pages of goodness on this thread. Its all there already. I will do some updating after the 1st of the year with some new info.

Happy Holidays to All

ru_frothi,
Top Bottom