Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

JoeKickass

So since this thread seems to have slowed down a bit I thought I would share some things:

A sharpie cap fits right on the mouthpiece. (But sticks up a bit)
DeLJB.jpg

A cheap fast food napkin tears into strips which can be rolled into cleaning picks.
4a1Cx.jpg

mHvR8.jpg

1/2" Scotch Tape and a G2 Pilot pen make perfect labels that fit under the mouthpiece:
-One strip of tape on first.
-Write carefully on tape and LET DRY.
-Another strip to cover the name.
YcWGj.jpg

bUzpT.jpg

3w5gU.jpg

I've gotten past my learning curve phase and have 8 filled carts that hit hard...
I'm all ready for the Persei :D

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
has not slowed down boss, everyones resting. Omicrons are forging the future.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

VAPORIZER22

Nice tips Joe. Just got some more carts, cannot wait to load them up. My Blueberry Wax cart has been hitting steady for two weeks now, and still have .5g left in it. Getting excited about those nail and herb carts.

VAPORIZER22,

Adobewan

Good stuff Joe.
Consider writing the name on the cap and then covering that with tape. Then when/if you have to heat the cart again, the tape won't be in the way. Also has the advantage of being slightly easier to read.
Thanks for sharing.

Adobewan,

JoeKickass

Adobewan said:
Good stuff Joe.
Consider writing the name on the cap and then covering that with tape. Then when/if you have to heat the cart again, the tape won't be in the way. Also has the advantage of being slightly easier to read.
Thanks for sharing.

Yeah I gave up on trying to wipe off the ink, I just rip off the tape when I refill and make a new label for the new name.

TBH even though they work well for smell, I don't use the sharpie caps, they add about 3/4" to the length and make it stick out of the pocket a bit. I'm still hunting for the perfect cap; a matching brushed metal pen cap that fits all the way down and holds snug on the mouthpiece rubber... maybe something THC could manufacture? :brow: :brow: :brow:

JoeKickass,

druminfected

Awesome post Joe! Just wondering are you the person who had the colored rings over your cartridges as well or was that someone else?

I've been having some clogging blues lately, but looked at the info on vaporpedia and will follow those directions. I got the bottom part of cartridge clean but need to clean the air hole completely cause there is still oil in there, which is prolly why it's cloggin on me.

I await the new carts, flower & nail cart everyday and keep looking @delta9vapes tweets!

druminfected,

OF

OK, nobody else has brought it up, so I guess I will. What's with this?
http://rapid-fire-marketing.com/thc-e-cig-new-photos

That first model seems awfully familiar to me.... Do I recall reading someone was buying carts from Omicron in bulk? Are they legitimately doing this (as would I think be the case if they were using official carts) or is it a scam? FWIW it smells like 'sucking around for investors' to me.....

Is this a potential source of prefilled carts to Omicron owners....assuming these guys pull it off?

TIA for any insights.

OF

OF,
Hey guys, new Omicron owner here. Finally got my first cart filled and primed but had a bit of trouble filling it past 0.6g because the bho pooled at the bottom of the fill tool and the side holes basically clogged and wouldn't allow any more of the oil to fill the cart. Any one else run into this problem have any ideas for my next fill?

Also, I think I have found a completely wireless charger which is basically just a huge 9900mAH lithium ion battery which I think will work with the Omicron. This thing can fully charge my iPhone a total of 6 times so I'm sure it should be able to charge the Omicron quite a few times and you don't need to plug it in. I managed to get one before they went out of stock.

Here's a link to the charger if someone could tell me if my idea would work?

Thanks!

ipistolwhipblindkids,

OF

I'm going to assume the first fill didn't work? I'm betting you had it 'clot' on the way in because the cart wasn't pre heated and you now have a big air bubble trapped inside keeping the oil off the wick? You're going to need to melt it down to prime it I'm thinking. The cart should hold well over a gram, but don't be tempted to put more in.

The power supply should work fine. I have a similar unit, mine also has a built in solar panel, kinda handy.

Good luck with your new device.

OF

OF,
No I didn't pre heat the cart and I'm guessing that's exactly what happened. I thought I read that you shouldn't heat the cart at all only the fill tool?

I was just wondering what the proper method is for pre heating your carts before and during filling so this doesn't happen again?

Also, if I do get a bubble like that, is it ok to heat a long really thin pin up and poke a hole through to get rid of the bubbles and let the rest of the BHO drain into the cart?

Thanks!

ipistolwhipblindkids,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
ipistolwhipblindkids said:
No I didn't pre heat the cart and I'm guessing that's exactly what happened. I thought I read that you shouldn't heat the cart at all only the fill tool?

I was just wondering what the proper method is for pre heating your carts before and during filling so this doesn't happen again?

Also, if I do get a bubble like that, is it ok to heat a long really thin pin up and poke a hole through to get rid of the bubbles and let the rest of the BHO drain into the cart?

Thanks!

If you do get a bubble a hot pin would work. Or just gently heat it until pops.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

Thanks!

Thank you for the quick answer!

What is the proper method for pre heating your cartridge before filling so the bubbles don't happen again?

ipistolwhipblindkids,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

Thanks!

What is the proper method for pre heating your cartridge before filling so the bubbles don't happen again?

You can pre heat it, but when you heat the funnel the heat transfers to the cartridge so it is not needed. One way of doing it it loading it half gram at a time. This helps reduce air bubbles being trapped.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

druminfected

We need to combine Joe's Napkin cleaning fix and Vito's tool together somehow, to have the ultimate omicron cleaning tool!

while THC is busy working on the nail,flower, new omicron carts, we can get busy trying to prototype a cleaning tool contest or something lol.

I've been dealing with this clogging issue and it's still had a crap load of oil in the air hole. I posted a picture below to show how much is in there and there is still a bit left.
4pxmk0.jpg

From the picture, that looks like a lot of oil and I was wondering a way to get all that oil off the needle and to keep it for further use somehow. maybe use a razor and scrape it off needle or something, feel free to add any feedback FC peeps.

druminfected,

Pcpvapors

Ive been searching the collectives and dispensaries in the local metro Detroit area for prefilled carts but to no avail, was wondering if any other local Michigan card holders have found a collective that has?

Pcpvapors,

StickyShisha2

druminfected said:
From the picture, that looks like a lot of oil and I was wondering a way to get all that oil off the needle and to keep it for further use somehow. maybe use a razor and scrape it off needle or something, feel free to add any feedback FC peeps.

i've been wiping my oil dabber on pieces of coffee filter and putting the little scraps in my vape waste container that i use to run dark oil

StickyShisha2,

druminfected

i've been wiping my oil dabber on pieces of coffee filter and putting the little scraps in my vape waste container that i use to run dark oil

That's pretty smart and a good tip, thanks a lot!

I went to go finally watch that Thermovape vs The competition video and dood made it private now! I was wondering if anyone here downloaded the video before he made it private?

druminfected,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
druminfected said:

That's pretty smart and a good tip, thanks a lot!

I went to go finally watch that Thermovape vs The competition video and dood made it private now! I was wondering if anyone here downloaded the video before he made it private?

I wipe mine up with bud for later use or use a qtip and vape the qtip when I'm done.

less waste.

ru_frothi,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

You can pre heat it, but when you heat the funnel the heat transfers to the cartridge so it is not needed. One way of doing it it loading it half gram at a time. This helps reduce air bubbles being trapped.
THC, are you now recommending filling .5 at a time?

Jeppy,

DubCRider

No, he is saying to fill a half gram, then fill another half gram, rather than doing it all at once.

DubCRider,

OF

DubCRider said:
No, he is saying to fill a half gram, then fill another half gram, rather than doing it all at once.

Melting the first down before the second is added, right?

OF

OF,

dankd420

druminfected said:

Personally, i just heat the needle with a lighter. Very quick just run the flame over it with the point of the needle angled down. The oil will become runny and run down to a glob at the point. Then i just touch the point of the needle inside the top of the cart(or if its a big glob gravity might pull it off) and it transfers back into the cartidge.

Dankd420

dankd420,

druminfected

rufrothy

I wipe mine up with bud for later use or use a qtip and vape the qtip when I'm done.

less waste.

Another great tip, I will try that. Do you vape the q-tip in a vape like a volcano or those type of vaporizers i'm assuming right?

dankd420
Personally, i just heat the needle with a lighter. Very quick just run the flame over it with the point of the needle angled down. The oil will become runny and run down to a glob at the point. Then i just touch the point of the needle inside the top of the cart(or if its a big glob gravity might pull it off) and it transfers back into the cartidge.

Never knew that, I will try this first and thanks so much for the feedback guys!

druminfected,

JoeKickass

had a bit of trouble filling it past 0.6g because the bho pooled at the bottom of the fill tool and the side holes basically clogged and wouldn't allow any more of the oil to fill the cart.

Also, I think I have found a completely wireless charger which is basically just a huge 9900mAH lithium ion battery which I think will work with the Omicron. This thing can fully charge my iPhone a total of 6 times so I'm sure it should be able to charge the Omicron quite a few times and you don't need to plug it in. I managed to get one before they went out of stock.

Here's a link to the charger if someone could tell me if my idea would work?

Thanks!

I get pools all the time, just keep heating where the oil is and just below it with a torch lighter and it will flow down.

Also, there are a bunch of those battery packs of all sizes:
11000mAh External Battery Pack for $77

9900mAh External Battery Pack for $65

7000mAh USB External Battery Pack for $50

5000mAh USB External Battery Pack for $43

Keep in mind the Omicron only takes 900mah to charge to full so any of these would give you days/weeks of use. I'm thinking about getting the 5ah one...

JoeKickass,
Top Bottom