Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Just a few notes on the FAQ:

Is there a compact carrying case for a single omicron?
An Altoids tin is perfect to hold 1 battery + 1 cart/sleeve/mouthpiece.

I press the batter button and it does not light up
You Missed the Y in Battery

Frederick McGuire,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Frederick McGuire said:
Just a few notes on the FAQ:

Is there a compact carrying case for a single omicron?
An Altoids tin is perfect to hold 1 battery + 1 cart/sleeve/mouthpiece.

I press the batter button and it does not light up
You Missed the Y in Battery

Thanks and edits completed.

ru_frothi,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
Omicron left in car overnight, with some bho seepage from before, in between the threads the bho was frozen from sitting i my car, when i went to unscrew the cart, it pulled the guts outa the battery and destroyed it. Pulled it all apart and sota reverse engineered it all gehetto, it runs on a toggel switch now and does not have the 7 second limit (i know this might be bad but i love it) So now im just enjoying my OMI even more :) throw the switch, put it on the gong, rip it til its hot! then flick the switch back off and cough! Anyone interested in a video? or is this not the right place? :)

Xchadb,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
Jeppy said:
Xchadb said:
MarcellusWiley said:
post the video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPn_5HIaloE&feature=youtube_gdata_player pleeeeease excuse that the damn vid is sideways :/ stupid phone haha
Sheer genius. ;)
Thank you man haha, i have another video explaining the details but it was like 3am and i was tired and high as hell from workin on the damn thing all night. i had to repeat myself so many times haha,when your omi breaks and u have no flowers its hard to sleep haha

Xchadb,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Xchadb said:
Jeppy said:
Xchadb said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPn_5HIaloE&feature=youtube_gdata_player pleeeeease excuse that the damn vid is sideways :/ stupid phone haha
Sheer genius. ;)
Thank you man haha, i have another video explaining the details but it was like 3am and i was tired and high as hell from workin on the damn thing all night. i had to repeat myself so many times haha,when your omi breaks and u have no flowers its hard to sleep haha

Ace!

ru_frothi,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
wow, thank you everyone for the positive response :) thinking about rebuilding it and making it half the length it is now! Also adding an led to let ya know its on

Xchadb,
Can someone scan and upload the pattern for the 3M wrap? I bought a nice one , looks great but the top part is just boggling my mind. If anyone would be generous enough to upload the pattern, it would be most helpful to all of us that already own one and want it wrapped. PlanetVapes should consider pre-cutting the tape and selling it. It's 8 bucks for enough wrap shipped, if you guys just hold to your 10 plus shipping/handling that would rock. Posting the pattern would rock even more!

Zorro420shouldbefree,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Zorro420shouldbefree said:
Can someone scan and upload the pattern for the 3M wrap? I bought a nice one , looks great but the top part is just boggling my mind. If anyone would be generous enough to upload the pattern, it would be most helpful to all of us that already own one and want it wrapped. PlanetVapes should consider pre-cutting the tape and selling it. It's 8 bucks for enough wrap shipped, if you guys just hold to your 10 plus shipping/handling that would rock. Posting the pattern would rock even more!

Hi Zorro420shouldbefree,
We don't use a pattern, but we have previously posted the sizes to cut the wrap. For the battery it is 62mm x 52mm + the part for the end cap and for the cone it is 45mm x 60mm and it requires some steady hands and some skill as the piece is very small and curved. Then you need to trim and get the seams perfect, all without getting any wrinkles.

The 10.00 we charge for the 3M wrapping really just helps us cover the cost of materials and labor, as you will see the process is very time intensive when you do it right and all of ours are done by hand.

StickyShisha said:
have you asked them? in my only contact with planet vapes, they were very nice.
Thank you for the kind words.

PlanetHaze,
Another question:

I have found then if I overfill with my perfect ass tasting ingredient, if it clogs, at some point the taste goes bad. Moreso on the 2nd fill of the same cartridge. I also notice that if I pour this oil out, it is much darker then when it started.

So, is something burning/melting inside the cart? And should I put the oil in a new cart, or is it pretty much gonna taste weird now regardless, point being be more carful with overfilling and heating?

Zorro420shouldbefree,

dankd420

Another question:

I have found then if I overfill with my perfect ass tasting ingredient, if it clogs, at some point the taste goes bad. Moreso on the 2nd fill of the same cartridge. I also notice that if I pour this oil out, it is much darker then when it started.

So, is something burning/melting inside the cart? And should I put the oil in a new cart, or is it pretty much gonna taste weird now regardless, point being be more carful with overfilling and heating?

While i cant be sure, i would say most likely the 'good' stuff is being vaped out, so what is left has more concentrated 'bad' stuff than when it started, hence getting darker(since THC is colorless, and the bad stuff isnt)

dankd420,

DubCRider

Never put in more than one G. I filled a cart that still had .4 in it and it became a mess. Your concentrate turned colors because you melted it down.

DubCRider,
Well, this was perfect clear light amber with a fruit-roll up like texture. The flavor became nasty/plasticky after a bad clog. I'm wondering if the flavor is recoverable by xfering cartridges or if I should just put it aside for a rainy day...

What I am guessing is happening is that the clog takes too long to prime, burning the material directly in contact with the atomizer as it awaits its suction... Ending up with a whole batch with basically ash in it.

I'm playing with other ideas in loading this stuff.. Blow dryer seems to work... But when I use a flame on the cart itself, I end up getting bongload sized hits... otherwise this stuff hits slowly - but tastes amazing. On the other hand I have another cart filled with pure co2 oil which hits like a dragon - its just too damned strong, the amber roll up is soooo much more mellow. I really think there is something missing in Co2 as its always far less cozy feeling - just my observation.

Definitely a learning curve for thicker extracts...

Zorro420shouldbefree,
PlanetVape said:
Hi Zorro420shouldbefree,
We don't use a pattern, but we have previously posted the sizes to cut the wrap. For the battery it is 62mm x 52mm + the part for the end cap and for the cone it is 45mm x 60mm and it requires some steady hands and some skill as the piece is very small and curved. Then you need to trim and get the seams perfect, all without getting any wrinkles.

The 10.00 we charge for the 3M wrapping really just helps us cover the cost of materials and labor, as you will see the process is very time intensive when you do it right and all of ours are done by hand.
Hey! You are the king. Well worth 10 bucks - I just spent 8 to mess it up hahaha. The battery looks great, just the top I used multiple layers - too sloppy. I actually saw the older post with the dimensions, but what I am more concerned about is the size of the arc.curve on either end. I'm sure once I see it one time, I'll remember (Though I only need to do it once, hehe). I only ask because I have to order more now, and id rather get it right then use the leftover to hook up a friend.

Thanks again!

Zorro420shouldbefree,

OF

I actually saw the older post with the dimensions, but what I am more concerned about is the size of the arc.curve on either end. I'm sure once I see it one time, I'll remember (Though I only need to do it once, hehe). I only ask because I have to order more now, and id rather get it right then use the leftover to hook up a friend.

I haven't done this, but how about doing it the traditional way, 'cut and try'? Make a paper pattern then copy it to test, retaining the original for adjustments. The first pass or two can be done 'dry', but after that put a little water in the game to hold the paper in place as you try fitting the next patterns. With a little care, I bet you can zoom right in on it.

OF

OF,
OF said:
I actually saw the older post with the dimensions, but what I am more concerned about is the size of the arc.curve on either end. I'm sure once I see it one time, I'll remember (Though I only need to do it once, hehe). I only ask because I have to order more now, and id rather get it right then use the leftover to hook up a friend.

I haven't done this, but how about doing it the traditional way, 'cut and try'? Make a paper pattern then copy it to test, retaining the original for adjustments. The first pass or two can be done 'dry', but after that put a little water in the game to hold the paper in place as you try fitting the next patterns. With a little care, I bet you can zoom right in on it.

OF

Obvious good call! Sometimes I think there is a bit too much on my mind. Ha.

Zorro420shouldbefree,

OF

Obvious good call! Sometimes I think there is a bit too much on my mind. Ha.

Hey, no problem, got ya covered. That's what we're here for, right? Teamwork, that's what made America great.....

Best wishes.

OF

OF,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Just another note on the FAQ

I Plug my dead battery into the charger and the light on the charger stays green instead of changing to red. What do I do?
Some users have reported some contaminent on the battery terminal causing issues with the charger. Some have reported solving this problem by cleaning the battery with isopropyl alcohol and drying before charging. also been sure and firmly screen the cartridge on to the charger.
If the light on the charger remains green after these steps please open a ticket with THC Scientific

Shouldn't that be "screw the battery"

Frederick McGuire,

roodamon

Frederick McGuire said:
Just another note on the FAQ

I Plug my dead battery into the charger and the light on the charger stays green instead of changing to red. What do I do?

This happens with all my batteries, using 2 different chargers.

Do this: take a small needle, and pry up at the battery connector plate a bit. Raise it just enough to see that it's moved. This allows the charger to make full contact with the pad. I still have to do this occasionally, as the cartridges just push it back down over time. Same with cleaning.

510 screw adapters could also be contributing to the problem. Not sure. :2c:

roodamon,

vaporSS

When did they start the Carbon Fiber Omi????
I must have started a trend, I think I was the first to custom wrap it.....wheres my royalty checks?:D

vaporSS said:
Wassup everyone!

Just joined in to show off my customized Omicron! I got this earlier this week and I love it. The convenience of toking up wherever is awesome. And DubC has personally helped me out very willingly. He's definitely a cool dude! Anyway here is my toy wrapped in 3M CarbonFiber vinyl:

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss37/franks420/IMAG0047-1.jpg
:cool:

vaporSS,
Top Bottom