Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

tharealmclovin

Has anyone brought an Omicron on a plane? I am going to Mexico with a brand new, never been used Omicron. Just curious if anyone has had any issues. Im hoping they will just think its an E-cig

tharealmclovin,

SD_haze

tharealmclovin said:
Has anyone brought an Omicron on a plane? I am going to Mexico with a brand new, never been used Omicron. Just curious if anyone has had any issues. Im hoping they will just think its an E-cig

The omicron body is fairly identical looking to one of the more popular (original) brands of e-cigs, so the only problem that could arise would be from the branding like Keak420 just mentioned. Googling "omicron e-cig" brings up marijuana links, but I cant see the airport doing that.

HOWEVER, because you've seriously never used it, there technically is absolutely nothing illegal about it.

Store it with some e-cig liquid for super safety.

SD_haze,

tharealmclovin

SD_haze said:
tharealmclovin said:

The omicron body is fairly identical looking to one of the more popular (original) brands of e-cigs, so the only problem that could arise would be from the branding like Keak420 just mentioned. Googling "omicron e-cig" brings up marijuana links, but I cant see the airport doing that.

HOWEVER, because you've seriously never used it, there technically is absolutely nothing illegal about it.

Store it with some e-cig liquid for super safety.

I cant find any e-liquid. I am assuming it will be fine and I will just ditch my carts before I return

tharealmclovin,

SD_haze

Without the omicron name its just like any other e-cig out there to the untrained eye. Even the trained eye, needs the vaporist eye ;)

Plane travel is definitely one area where disposable cartridges are a benefit and not an annoyance.

SD_haze,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
without the cartridges, it is just a battery, so there should be nothing at all to worry about with that, and the empty unused cartridges should be ok to. I have taken converted e cigs on planes many times, I used them to smoke bubble hash (not on the plane), not e juice. Nobody said a word to me. I just made sure I had empty carts with no residue. You would more likely have to explain the liquid in an airport over the device itself. If you carry any computer gear, store it with that.
:2c:

jambandphan03,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
So I have been on the fence about buying an omi for like a month it looks really efficient, and effective. Although leak proof carts are coming soon (any clues when?) and I hate the idea of expensive concentrate leaking, plus now the herb carts are coming in and I am wondering if I should just get the persei. Forgive me if this has been asked already but i have been through most of the thread and havent seen this mentioned. What are the draw backs going to be with using the omicron compared to the persei presuming the herb carts work to THC's standards and will work with omi, will it just be chamber size for herbs obviously the persei will have longer battery life. How big is the persei is it something you mind carrying in the pocket or significantly larger then omicron? I couldn't find any reference to dimensions on your website. I know that the persei will do nail carts and the omi won't, don't know how efficient the nail design will be so may not be a huge issue. Any other pros and cons I should be considering? Sorry for all the questions TIA

Puff

Puffers,

JoeKickass

So wait, the people who brought the Omicron on a plane, was it in your carry on-bag or your checked one?

If you can get it in your carry-on we could have some real Harold and Kumar shit going on...

JoeKickass,

kertong

*please delete me*
Big kudos to harborside SJ -

As I mentioned before, I had a sticking button on one of my batteries and I was afraid it was a degenerative condition. Well, turns out the worst came true, the battery stopped working (it would charge for hours and hours and days, but would never turn green... just stay at red, taking it off and using it would produce vapor for about 2 minutes before it died again).

I took it in, got a new battery no questions asked. Picked up their lemon skunk on the way which is great. Turns out harborside SJ is also carrying empty carts at $7/piece, which is *awesome* considering elemental carries them at a $10/piece donation.

Thanks, harborside!

One new thing I noticed - the new stick has two tiny, 0.15-0.2mm holes below and to the sides of the blue button - when holding it down, the blue light glows out of the sides where the batt meets the button collar, out of those two notches. My first two omi sticks do not have this, but the third does. Small design change?

kertong,

JoeKickass

kertong said:
Big kudos to harborside SJ -

As I mentioned before, I had a sticking button on one of my batteries and I was afraid it was a degenerative condition. Well, turns out the worst came true, the battery stopped working (it would charge for hours and hours and days, but would never turn green... just stay at red, taking it off and using it would produce vapor for about 2 minutes before it died again).

I took it in, got a new battery no questions asked. Picked up their lemon skunk on the way which is great. Turns out harborside SJ is also carrying empty carts at $7/piece, which is *awesome* considering elemental carries them at a $10/piece donation.

Thanks, harborside!

One new thing I noticed - the new stick has two tiny, 0.15-0.2mm holes below and to the sides of the blue button - when holding it down, the blue light glows out of the sides where the batt meets the button collar, out of those two notches. My first two omi sticks do not have this, but the third does. Small design change?

Oh sweet, thanks for the heads up I love Harborside!

Do the holes connect to the airpath at all? (Try blowing in the battery socket)
They might just be for ease of assembly/disassembly...

JoeKickass,

kertong

*please delete me*
JoeKickass said:

Doesn't appear so (just blew into the top of the batt, no joy), the hole is on the bottom side where the collar around the button meets the battery, not the cart. I took a picture since it's a little difficult to explain: http://i.imgur.com/lcH3q.jpg

And yes, harborside sj is great! I haven't made it up to the oakland one yet. Harborside SJ's supermelts come a little slow and they don't have quite the selection of concentrates that elemental or even harborside oak has, but man, i've had a 100% success rate with every supermelt I've bought from them!

kertong,

OF

rufrothy said:
Thanks to whomever recommended these cigar tubes... They work great for my application... A little foam or something to help with rattling and your good to go.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001307MMA/ref=oh_o03_s00_i00_details

You're welcome. Please remember your current gratitude when you get my bill.......

BTW I'm using a disk of 3/16 foam at the bottom and a strip of it about 3/8 wide and 4 inches long on the side (loose). Works great.

OF

OF,

Shenk408

Justin
OF said:
rufrothy said:
Thanks to whomever recommended these cigar tubes... They work great for my application... A little foam or something to help with rattling and your good to go.

You're welcome. Please remember your current gratitude when you get my bill.......

BTW I'm using a disk of 3/16 foam at the bottom and a strip of it about 3/8 wide and 4 inches long on the side (loose). Works great.

OF
Any picture of tube with foam in it?
Does the pen fit with rubber tip on?

Shenk408,

OF

Shenk408 said:
OF said:
rufrothy said:

OF
Any picture of tube with foam in it?
Does the pen fit with rubber tip on?

No, sorry, I don't do net.photos. But it looks like the photos above...... Note that a photo won't show the round pad (easy to make, jam the open end of the tube into the foam while flat on table then quickly cut around the inner line with scissors). It doesn't need to be perfect, if it's a bit too wide in spots that'll probably just help keep it in place. The other is just a strip narrower than the unit and not quite as long. No magic there either. The material I used (if that was the root issue?) is a sheet of 3/16 poly foam like is used (generally thinner) in shipping small items in big boxes. White, soft and flexible with a rough surface.

I just slip it in along side the unit. The foam collapses as needed and it fits snug, safe and sound. Yes, with the rubber mouthpiece on. No rattle there, either when the cap is on. IT stops 'between clicks' and the seals on the two I'm using seem to hold perfectly (between clicks) when the cap is on snugly. It ends up the same length, twice as big around and black plastic. To me looks more like a flashlight than anything else.

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

So I went to both Harborside locations today. The San Jose one was all out of supermelts! So I just got a couple carts, an eighth in a glass jar, and loaded up on edibles. But then I went on over to the larger Oakland location and all was well :D

I walked out with a gram of each:
The Truth Supermelt
Hawaiian Kush CO2 Taffy (56.17% THC, 1.53% CBD)
Blackwater Supermelt
Sun Butter (60.46% THC, 1.36% CBD)

I filled up a whole rewards card in one day :ko: and I can recommend all four!

JoeKickass,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
JoeKickass said:
So I went to both Harborside locations today. The San Jose one was all out of supermelts! So I just got a couple carts, an eighth in a glass jar, and loaded up on edibles. But then I went on over to the larger Oakland location and all was well :D

I walked out with a gram of each:
The Truth Supermelt
Hawaiian Kush CO2 Taffy (56.17% THC, 1.53% CBD)
Blackwater Supermelt
Sun Butter (60.46% THC, 1.36% CBD)

I filled up a whole rewards card in one day :ko: and I can recommend all four!
Damn you came up, bro.

Jeppy,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I just wanted to thank THC Sci, my charger seems to have crapped out (the green light just stays on, no response when the battery is screwed in...) and I wasn't sure if I had warranty coverage (as I bought it from another FC member).
I got a response within a few hours that it was covered.

I guess I'll have to go without the Omi for a bit while the charger makes its way here, but at least I still have 1 fully charged batt...

It's been a bad week for electronics for me...
My omi charger died,
My LSV died,
And my TV (note; television) died...

Frederick McGuire,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
kertong said:
JoeKickass said:

Doesn't appear so (just blew into the top of the batt, no joy), the hole is on the bottom side where the collar around the button meets the battery, not the cart. I took a picture since it's a little difficult to explain: http://i.imgur.com/lcH3q.jpg

And yes, harborside sj is great! I haven't made it up to the oakland one yet. Harborside SJ's supermelts come a little slow and they don't have quite the selection of concentrates that elemental or even harborside oak has, but man, i've had a 100% success rate with every supermelt I've bought from them!

Please submit a ticket on our website, we will take care of the battery issue for you.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom