Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
DubCRider said:
DEL concert? I was ripping my Omicron with some Kryptonite ear wax all night with no issues. I also jus took more filtered rips through my bong, no issues.

Cool...

BTW: I created an omicron vaporpedia entry here.....

its also linked in my sig. I will start editing and adding more content later today.

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Omicron

ru_frothi,

VirginHarvester

dankitydank said:
NO leaks or anything, tonight at the concert it started clogging a lot, with pulling managed to get it working, but this was happpening most of the night....got home, lots of leaking out the bottom, and oil all the way up the air path......
Why the leaks though? Any way to prevent them? Seems frustrating to have it working well then have the cartridge malfunction.

Were you still able to get rips when it was leaking and clogged?

VirginHarvester,

TracyLee

Well, I guess I'm a light smoker cause I haven't emptied anything except for the Pure Gold I pured out and been putting little bit back in at a time to stop leaks. I have 6 carts going and I'm in heaven.

Medicating at Bridge School concert before things got rockin and while reading the paper while tailgating totally rocked last weekend. This thing has met my expectations already. Anything else is a bonus at this point.

-- Tracy

TracyLee,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
TracyLee said:
Well, I guess I'm a light smoker cause I haven't emptied anything except for the Pure Gold I pured out and been putting little bit back in at a time to stop leaks. I have 6 carts going and I'm in heaven.

Medicating at Bridge School concert before things got rockin and while reading the paper while tailgating totally rocked last weekend. This thing has met my expectations already. Anything else is a bonus at this point.

-- Tracy

Matches my sentinments. we were rockin both units both days at the bridge benefit. someone next to me knew what it was and handed me a fat slice of medicated pumpkin bread :)

ru_frothi,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
rufrothy said:
DubCRider said:
DEL concert? I was ripping my Omicron with some Kryptonite ear wax all night with no issues. I also jus took more filtered rips through my bong, no issues.

Cool...

BTW: I created an omicron vaporpedia entry here.....

its also linked in my sig. I will start editing and adding more content later today.

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Omicron

wow thanks Ruff. Looks nice. Let me know if you need any information to add on and also would like to give you a pack of carts on the house for that.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
So I found this tiny little desk vice at frys and it worked fine for filling carts. Much sturdier than the clip but its little vacuum cup suction base doesn't stick to my painted workstation surface very well. So the search continues. Found this yesterday. Any thoughts?

From amazon. Evidently they are like $4 at Harbor Freight according to some amazon reviewers. This looks like an interesting tool for working on these carts...

41DCTgLswTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002LLWYK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3NUNNXXHUJDMF

Vitolo, What do you use in your repair station?

Rigged up two of the cork & Needle tools for future use.

ru_frothi,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Ah... when it comes to stabilization, I do not do that at my Ecig station.
I use a plain white corelle dinner plate on a kitchen counter because it is higher, and the counter is built in.. so very stable.
I do it as described. I did try a channel lock pliers (ONCE)... but.. in the end with a built in ..higher than table height
counter... and a smooth dish, I am less afraid of knocking my cart over, than I am of dripping oil on a pliers or clips that have springs and joints etc!
DSC00498.jpg

Vitolo,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Vitolo said:
Ah... when it comes to stabilization, I do not do that at my Ecig station.
I use a plain white corelle dinner plate on a kitchen counter because it is higher, and the counter is built in.. so very stable.
I do it as described. I did try a channel lock pliers (ONCE)... but.. in the end with a built in ..higher than table height
counter... and a smooth dish, I am less afraid of knocking my cart over, than I am of dripping oil on a pliers or clips that have springs and joints etc!
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/VitoloVaporizes/DSC00498.jpg

Thanks Man, Thats how DubC does it. Something to consider. Not sure my kitchen is the best room in the house with respect to privacy but might have to try this next time if the timing works out. scratching head. I don't think I am quite as steady a hand as some other folks.

ru_frothi,

TracyLee

Rufrothy,

That's a jeweler's tool for lightweight work. I already have one for jewelry making and considered using it for the Omicron. Decided on the plyers instead on top of a wood cutting board. I've had no spillage on my surface...just saving my bathroom counter from possible accidents and easy to put away the tools.

p.s. and I always do my filling at the beginning of a smoke session...not the end :-)

TracyLee,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
rufrothy said:
Thanks Man, Thats how DubC does it. Something to consider. Not sure my kitchen is the best room in the house with respect to privacy but might have to try this next time if the timing works out. scratching head. I don't think I am quite as steady a hand as some other folks.

Hi rufrothy,
If you use the easy to follow method in our filling guide, click on the attachments tab, you could instead of placing the cartridge on a flat surface, just screw the cartridge on to the battery and then fill it. This way the battery acts as a handle and keeps your hand away from the lighters flame. Just be very careful to not overheat and damage the cartridge.
P.V.

PlanetHaze,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
PlanetVape said:
rufrothy said:

Hi rufrothy,
If you use the easy to follow method in our filling guide, click on the attachments tab, you could instead of placing the cartridge on a flat surface, just screw the cartridge on to the battery and then fill it. This way the battery acts as a handle and keeps your hand away from the lighters flame. Just be very careful to not overheat and damage the cartridge.
P.V.

Thanks PV and All,

Your instructions are great illustrations of the process I'm using too. The problem is I've knocked the whole thing over twice because its top heavy therefore wanting something more stable. then you can't exactly pick it up because its hot. My little vice stuck to a book on my desk versus the desk works much better than this for me and adds way more stability and margin for error to the process.

ru_frothi,

dankitydank

It was a sound tribe show on the east coast. So after getting home and realizing i should unscrew and check the bottom of the cart, i find bits of what looked like tobacco. Needless to say I was baffled, but I was also quite oiled up at this point. Couldn't figure it out, so i went on to clean the bottom, unclog the airpath and with a few popping clogs, finish the little bit of oil left this morning. Since the omicron are a larger unit than most e-cigs, I remembered passing security I unscrewed the unit and put it in my cigarettes. THEN i realized the tobacco from the back got in the threads on the cart and was the cause....Previous to the concert I was running across the street and it fell out of my jacket....busy city street ducked down and continued running hahaha.....IF YOU ARE ON THE FENCE, BUY ONE ANYWAY. :cool::2c: won't be disappointed. You've never had your own hash oil burning e-cig before, so really not fair what to expect technology wise. 1st generation iPod here folks.:2c:

dankitydank,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Being a plant and flower vaporist fanatic, I also had my doubts about this device.
Since having it (Oct. 10) I have used it daily as my 1st defense in the early morning against nausea.
The Omicron is a wonderful tool with which to mediicate.

Vitolo,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
November 15th getting close, wait for a surprise.

New leak proof cartridge is being made. Patent File.

Working on other projects as I type.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
OK I finished my initial stab at the Vaporpedia article for the omicron. I have finished digging through this thread extracting and linking all relevant information. Hopefully I got it all. Now its time to do some writing and add some more content and fill in the bodies of a few of those sections. If anyone sees any or typos or has suggestions let me know. Hopefully over the next week I will get this content done.

We are having a large family halloween party today (60+ people) and the omicron proved invaluable over the last two days of shopping for supplies for this party. OMG. My only issue was I let the battery get a little too low friday after a week of usage. should have charged it before the power shopping adventure began. You can tell because vapor production starts getting a little low. Fresh charge and that cart was rockin again.

My favorites have been NitroOG for daytime use and Blueberry for night time use. Despite the almost 80% THC content of the NitroOG I have to say suprisingly even to me is that that Blueberry Co2 from SouthBay CRC hits harder. Usually OG's hit me harder than anything but not in this case.

BTW: Here in San Jose we collected 50K signatures and have temporarily blocked the city ordinance shutting down all our clubs here yesterday :) That means at least another 6 months until they cook up a new excuse.

OT: and it was Tracy (thank you) who finally inspired me to pull the trigger on the Arizer Solo I had been wanting. I have been rockin the Solo for flowers for the last two weeks and love it too. Between the Solo and Omicron I have portable vaporization covered.

Thanks for the feedback folks. I've incorporated it and finished the suggested updates.

ru_frothi,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
bruno13 said:
rufrothy said:
OK I finished my initial stab at the Vaporpedia article for the omicron. ...

Nice job. There is also alot of information in the original omicron thread, now in the ABV section.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=4916

yes I posted back in that thread too. I re-read it and didn't get anything new except your black vinyl wrap. Thanks for the reminder though.

I will add that my NitroOG was starting to hit a little thin and again weighing showed plenty of concentrate left in there. so I took a lighter (not a torch) and gentle heated the top of the cart while holding the bottom with my bare hand (to gauge if its getting hot) while rolling it between my thumb and fingers gently for maybe 30 seconds. Put the cart back in and it back at full strength again. Gave the blueberry co2 the same treatment and its better too? Who knows, seems like I am not getting it warm enough when filling or maybe some of these extracts need an occasional warming to resettle them in the cart?

BTW: Noticed now that elemental is stocking carts with hash oil only. San Jose Patients Group is stocking 9 flavors of extract in pre-filled in carts and for a discount too...

SJPG Menu

ru_frothi,
Just purchased this online Sunday and it's already in my town, set to be delivered today. Amazing!
Thank you THC!

Gonna go pick up some Nitro OG for the first cart.

Will be so nice to get medicated anywhere, anytime.

tehgenoc1de,

408_Grow

rufrothy said:
bruno13 said:
rufrothy said:
OK I finished my initial stab at the Vaporpedia article for the omicron. ...

Nice job. There is also alot of information in the original omicron thread, now in the ABV section.

yes I posted back in that thread too. I re-read it and didn't get anything new except your black vinyl wrap. Thanks for the reminder though.

I will add that my NitroOG was starting to hit a little thin and again weighing showed plenty of concentrate left in there. so I took a lighter (not a torch) and gentle heated the top of the cart while holding the bottom with my bare hand (to gauge if its getting hot) while rolling it between my thumb and fingers gently for maybe 30 seconds. Put the cart back in and it back at full strength again. Gave the blueberry co2 the same treatment and its better too? Who knows, seems like I am not getting it warm enough when filling or maybe some of these extracts need an occasional warming to resettle them in the cart?

BTW: Noticed now that elemental is stocking carts with hash oil only. San Jose Patients Group is stocking 9 flavors of extract in pre-filled in carts and for a discount too...

SJPG Menu

Are you planning on trying any of these out soon? I would like to see if they're good or not and how much they're actually putting in. I live in SJ on the East. Id be down to roll with you to try one out..maybe we can do alil review thing ? Im all out on cartridges on the moment and havent ordered any. Main reason is because i am waiting for the new carts to try out..cant wait much longer tho haha :ko:

408_Grow,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
408_Grow said:
rufrothy said:
bruno13 said:

SJPG Menu

Are you planning on trying any of these out soon? I would like to see if they're good or not and how much they're actually putting in. I live in SJ on the East. Id be down to roll with you to try one out..maybe we can do alil review thing ? Im all out on cartridges on the moment and havent ordered any. Main reason is because i am waiting for the new carts to try out..cant wait much longer tho haha :ko:

I'm cool with that. I've been to SJPG before and reviewed them before on weedmaps. good quality products both flowers and waxes. a bit pricy. always good selection of waxes. I've got only one cart left myself.

ru_frothi,

408_Grow

Nice, yeah I been there before.actually that's where I got my omi.they sold me the 5carts instead of giving them to me but thc took care of me already. What I meant was review the cartridges they sell..?

408_Grow,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Not sure if I should post this in here or the e-cig thread.

I recently discovered a local FL company that makes e-cigs and looks really nice. They are right around the corner from my condo!

http://www.vintagejoye.com/?pn=5pc+...s+XL+for+510/eGo+1.5&cn=Accessories&p=678&c=8

they sell these types of cartomizers that go with their new e-cig. it looks really similar to the omicron ? do you think it might work with bho? I was looking into getting one of their EGO models which has the 510 atomizer. says the battery is 3.7v at 650 which is lower than the 900 of the omicron.
http://www.vintagejoye.com/?pn=Vintage+Joye+EGO+Black+Kit&p=623&c=4

I was mainly looking to get this as an e-cig but i was wondering if maybe some oil would work in those cartomizers. or if the omicron cartridges would work with that EGO model?

any help would be appreciated!

MarcellusWiley,
Top Bottom