Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Vitolo

Vaporist
Two week report..
Day 13, tomorrow will be two weeks.
I see that my gram has begun to dwindle, in that I no longer need to prime the Omicron in as intricate a manner.
One or two, and it goes.
I also noticed that if I lean it like an ecig, rather than orient it perpendicular to ground... I get a couple good hits .. and then they weaken, so I alter the angle (button to sky/button to ground), and immediately get fuller hits.
I went ahead, and now at two weeks also pushed ahead and started doing more hits... and am at 275.
(I am not sure if we will get to 400... but I am duly impressed)

Vitolo,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Vitolo said:
Two week report..
Day 13, tomorrow will be two weeks.
I see that my gram has begun to dwindle, in that I no longer need to prime the Omicron in as intricate a manner.
One or two, and it goes.
I also noticed that if I lean it like an ecig, rather than orient it perpendicular to ground... I get a couple good hits .. and then they weaken, so I alter the angle (button to sky/button to ground), and immediately get fuller hits.
I went ahead, and now at two weeks also pushed ahead and started doing more hits... and am at 275.
(I am not sure if we will get to 400... but I am duly impressed)

Vito are you counting each time you press the button as a hit? Remember each 5 seconds you do is a dose. Some people do 3x5 second hits and count that as a dose.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I call each button engagement a hit.
I call about 12 hits a "dose".
(then there are mild doses also along the way!)
Regardles... I am counting each time I get a 5 second pull..
and I have gotten 275 5 second pulls to date!
At 275 hits... black cheapy oil... first fill.. 1 early leak... learning curve accounted for.....
I think we're doing OK, THC Scientific! ;)

Vitolo,

dankitydank

So I have a question for THC scientific, dubc, or anyone else who can answer this...With my omicron came 2 heater covers? I have been using my omicron with out this piece on....some videos I see have it one, giving it a slightly fatter look, but I've been using it just screwing the cart in the battery, without this extra piece on.....Am I doing something wrong? Should I have these pieces on? Wasn't for any reason other than not knowing (just came in yesterday)....thanks.

dankitydank,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
dankitydank said:
So I have a question for THC scientific, dubc, or anyone else who can answer this...With my omicron came 2 heater covers? I have been using my omicron with out this piece on....some videos I see have it one, giving it a slightly fatter look, but I've been using it just screwing the cart in the battery, without this extra piece on.....Am I doing something wrong? Should I have these pieces on? Wasn't for any reason other than not knowing (just came in yesterday)....thanks.

The heat shield is used to shield your fingers from getting burned if the cartridge gets to hot. You can use it without it, but at your own risk.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Vitolo said:
I call each button engagement a hit.
I call about 12 hits a "dose".
(then there are mild doses also along the way!)
Regardles... I am counting each time I get a 5 second pull..
and I have gotten 275 5 second pulls to date!
At 275 hits... black cheapy oil... first fill.. 1 early leak... learning curve accounted for.....
I think we're doing OK, THC Scientific! ;)

Hmmm. can you see what the weight is of the cartridge?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

VirginHarvester

Would like to ask a quick question about budders/wax- Are they considered to have any residual contaminants(butane for example), or are they actually cleaner than hashes? I thought I've read butane extracts are considered to be potentially hazardous.

Thanks.

VirginHarvester,

Vitolo

Vaporist
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Hmmm. can you see what the weight is of the cartridge?
Yes. I did not weigh the emty cartridge on my 1st two "fills", but will in the future.
This will be needed, as there is a slight variation of the cartridges empty weights.
I really wish I had done so, but no use looking backwards!
My empty carts vary in weight up to a couple of tenths of a gram
The cart with the gram of earwax that I have used only a few times weighs 8.71 gr.
The cartridge I have gotten 290 hits from (yes did 15 more hits since yesterday) now weighs 8.06 gr.
My empty carts are not all consistent in weight, so as a gauge in future I will pre weigh.. fill... reweigh.

THC Scientific. I appreciate the product.
It fits very well into my routine of medicating.
One day the losers running the show will get their heads out of their butts... and I will be able to order concentrates online!

Vitolo,

jon_dojah

^Of the 3 empty cartridges i have left one ways 7.7g, one weighs 7.8g, and the last weighs 7.9g...i know for sure one of my filled one was also 7.9g and the other 2 i'm not sure as i didnt really think to weigh them b4 filling back then.

So from my experience 7.7-7.9g for an empty cartridge...also i put a real skinny strip of masking tape near the top so i can label and identify each cart and it doesn't add any neglible weight to them.

jon_dojah,

weedemon

enthusiast
just wanted to say i topped of an empty cart with some iso based abv reclaim oil and it is working a treat. not experienced any leaking or clogging yet.

weedemon,

Vitolo

Vaporist
That is encouraging weedemon. Perhaps whatever is the cause of the no Iso warning was aleviated by your "breaking the cartridge in" with the other oil.
Let us know how long the Iso oil keeps vaping!
edit;
Iso based ABV oil... how does it taste?

Vitolo,

weedemon

enthusiast
Vitolo said:
That is encouraging weedemon. Perhaps whatever is the cause of the no Iso warning was aleviated by your "breaking the cartridge in" with the other oil.
Let us know how long the Iso oil keeps vaping!
edit;
Iso based ABV oil... how does it taste?

HAHA I know right??

well the taste isn't fad actually! i sholdclarify it's not really "ABV" oil. it's my bottle of cleaning iso that i use to clean all my vapes and bongs with. (I never combust in any of my equipment so the vapor collected im them is fair game too!) so we have PD stems, SSV wand, MFLB glass stems, my bong, curve and mflb wpa all collecting gold for me!

anyways i feel im rambling a lil haha :ko: but here is what i do. I filter the iso though coffee filters, and then i evap the dish of iso in a hot water bath outside. I also put a cake cover (sort of a mesh umbrella top to keep flies and shit out of my dish) over it. once it's a paste i go inside and finish it inside on the stove in another hot water bath.

this oil is better than the iso QW washes i did for my oil experiment. much better

it's nothi8ng as tasty as my BHO extracted oils, but I can't say a negative thing about it. the taste is mild ,but its a mish mash of every strain i have vaped over the course of a year or so. nothing is standing out. that said nothing about it tastes bad either. not even really harsher or dryer than normal.

this morning it's still hitting like a champ with no leakage!

dunno if you saw my thread on the abv oil extraction methods experiment? if not it's here:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=6324

I would also like to point out. that before i re-filled my drained cart, i checked it to make sure it was still getting warm, and i could see the element inside glowing again. I didn't think i would be able to see it ever glow again after i had previously loaded some oil in it and then used it all. but it proved me wrong! :p

weedemon,

408_Grow

I want too add my :2c: in and say my carts (empty) weigh about 7.8-7.9 do I guess the 7.7-7.9 is the best bet. Quick question..on my wax cartridge I still weigh about 8.5..I get little clouds and I can't manage to see the heating element thru the hole..I cleaned it, primed and it continued to give me small vapors..I kept at it and pow! I get a regular full sized hit (cloud) ..what are you're guys suggestions?? I am down to my last cartridge which I am saving for some more nitro waiting for me at home but don't want to start that one yet if this still has some..

408_Grow,

weedemon

enthusiast
i found when my cart was "empty" it still weighed .2 more than it did originally. .3 g more on a different one.

weedemon,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Weedemon... no. I am guilty of not having seen that writeup you did.
I recall you discussing the experiment to come.. and I guess with the administration moving some threads to new "headings' some subscriptions got "canned".
Your experiment was sound... and good.
and your description and wrriteup a work of art.
Proud to know you. :D

I just poured another gram of black crude into my existing cart that slowed to a crawl today
(The verdict was... I got 302 full hits with my gram before I started getting misses (yes I angled the Omicron this way and that)
The thing was not all done so the count would have gone a few hits higher.
I was starting to get shaky so I stopped.. and still have .3 of a gram in the vial... but... the thing is hitting with the added oil and hitting damn well!!

Vitolo,

jon_dojah

weedemon said:
i found when my cart was "empty" it still weighed .2 more than it did originally. .3 g more on a different one.

I'm not a fan of some oil i put in one of my cartridges so I emptied and reclaimed as much as could by lightly hitting with a lighter in an upside down position to the point where no more will drip out. It weighs 8.1 so depending on what it originally weighed b4 filling there is about .02g of oil residue that is stuck in there...i'm fine with that since i don't want to damage the heating element...

jon_dojah,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
weedemon said:

I totally just had an issue where I thought the cart was empty but it still weighed with .4g in there. This was with my C02 Extract Blueberry that DubC had loaded and was still rockin great untik recently. I then thought I wonder if the concentrate was never heated enough to fully drain into the cart and was stuck on the walls. Stuck a paper clip in the sides where I filled it and there was earwax in there. So I took it and put in my tiny vice and warmed it up a bit and then let it cool (trying to get the earwax to melt and drain down). Had a little pop clog after but since then its been perfect. Totally back to blowing big clouds again.

Check and make sure your product isn't stuck in the cart and not producing vape like mine was...

peace....

ru_frothi,

jon_dojah

Has anyone been able to order their Filling Station from the website? I get to the paypal screen but it doesn't work...tried it from 2 different browsers...

THC Scientific is there anything special that needs to be done to get the order through? I think they maybe something wrong with the system.

jon_dojah,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
jon_dojah said:
Has anyone been able to order their Filling Station from the website? I get to the paypal screen but it doesn't work...tried it from 2 different browsers...

THC Scientific is there anything special that needs to be done to get the order through? I think they maybe something wrong with the system.

You cant order it yet, we are still working on it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

jon_dojah

lol no wonder...i got excited when i saw it on the site...how long do you think til we can order...i've got 4 cartridges waiting to fill with some meds i just picked up and i'm willing to wait a bit for the station if it wont be too long...i still have 2 carts going strong.

jon_dojah,

dankitydank

So I keep reading about priming. What exactly does this process entale? Pre heating? Button presses without pulling-would this cause clogging? or... Get it hot without clogging because you have to pull to draw oil to the wick?

Is this done without the cart on?

dankitydank,

DubCRider

You prime it by doing battery presses or by pulling while pressing the battery. This is done to melt the concentrates down the cartridge and on to the heating elements.

DubCRider,

Vitolo

Vaporist
once "primed" (heated), the 1st pull of suction will free any restricted feeling there was in the vapor path.
You will sometimes "feel" or "hear" a barely audible tiny pop (like a tiny kiss) as the path begins to pass air freely (like making the sound "p" with no voice)

A note to THC Scientific:
Sorry I added to cart before it ran dry of fluid.
The gram did get me 302 hits and was not done.....
this was a very good figure, and even had the cart stopped.. that is only 25% under the 400.
I believe you have proven your point, and I am a fan! :D

Vitolo,
Top Bottom