Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

mephisto

Hey all,
Just wanted to give my Highest regards to the FC forum members and THC support.
I have had my O for about 3 weeks. I did not attempt to fly the thing at first. After
reading Dub, Vitolo, 408, and Ru, and others' posts, I filled my first cart yesterday
with some Kush/Sweet tooth. Took awhile to fill, and to get 'er puffin. Well , the
Omicron has raised the bar. Great work THC (come on 11-15!), and if any fellow
members are on the fence, get yourself the Omicron. It is the cat's ass!!!

mephisto,

eLiguL

Nice revamp on the website there Sci, no offense but the old site was more about flashiness than practicality.

I got a question for my fellow Canadians (Weedmon? PlanetVape?), as my only source for oils and concentrates are MOM's, do any of you know which oil's are usable from the budmail line up? I dont want to waste money on concentrates that wont work in this unit.

I am also holding out till November 15 to order my unit since there should be a pretty big announcement and dont want to buy an outdated unit.

You may notice that I posted wayyyyyyyyyy back in the e-cig thread and im glad someone finally figured it out.

Kudo's to the Delta9 crew!

eLiguL,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
eLiguL said:
Nice revamp on the website there Sci, no offense but the old site was more about flashiness than practicality.

I got a question for my fellow Canadians (Weedmon? PlanetVape?), as my only source for oils and concentrates are MOM's, do any of you know which oil's are usable from the budmail line up? I dont want to waste money on concentrates that wont work in this unit.

I am also holding out till November 15 to order my unit since there should be a pretty big announcement and dont want to buy an outdated unit.

You may notice that I posted wayyyyyyyyyy back in the e-cig thread and im glad someone finally figured it out.

Kudo's to the Delta9 crew!

Thank boss, more stuff in the works. Well see whats up.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

weedemon

enthusiast
eLiguL said:

any hash that will melt when heated will work! it' just can't remain a solid when heated. "full melt" is the type of hash you want to buy. ask them beofre you pull the trigger!

GL

btw budmail? hehe not done that in years :p different company when i tried it.

ok i just went on their site and checked it out. I'd say uncle jons honey oil and the oil of paradise will work, also that budder they are sellling should work too.

weedemon,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Thanks to DubC as usual for the hospitality again this evening. I had a chance to stop by and discuss some experiences with him and chill for a bit before heading north for the weekend.

The issue I've run into on a few carts including one that still had at least .6g left in it appears to be that maybe I didn't use enough heat when filling and the extract was stuck up in the cart. As I had tried before DubC hit the cart with a lighter on the tip and rolled it a bit and sure enough that cart and another cart which was almost empty started producing big clouds again.

Power User Tip:

Weigh your carts before and after and then you'll know if they are getting low or still have some goodness left in em which might be stuck. Warming the cart top edge gently does the trick while holding it 2/3's of the way up with bare hands to gauge heat.

This is still using way less heat that some of the earlier DubC or G Videos. I will review some of the fill videos for update to dateness on the vaporpedia entry and try and remove some of the more outdated ones so as not to confuse the new user....

and again its amazing to have a local network for tech support and sharing experiences with various extract products available in our rather large market. Thanks again to DubC and THC Scientific. and the rest of the NorCal crew for spreading the love around.

ru_frothi,

eLiguL

weedemon said:
eLiguL said:

any hash that will melt when heated will work! it' just can't remain a solid when heated. "full melt" is the type of hash you want to buy. ask them beofre you pull the trigger!

GL

btw budmail? hehe not done that in years :p different company when i tried it.

ok i just went on their site and checked it out. I'd say uncle jons honey oil and the oil of paradise will work, also that budder they are sellling should work too.

Thanks for the input! I think ill try uncle jons and the paradise stuff. The budder from there ive already tried and was disappointed.

eLiguL,

weedemon

enthusiast
eLiguL said:
Thanks for the input! I think ill try uncle jons and the paradise stuff. The budder from there ive already tried and was disappointed.

personally I thought the uncle jon's looked noobish but maybe the strain just look like that. i dunno. the paradise stuff looks nice though! I wanna try it! :p trx for saying the budder is sub par :p i was briefly tempted :p

weedemon,

eLiguL

weedemon said:
eLiguL said:

personally I thought the uncle jon's looked noobish but maybe the strain just look like that. i dunno. the paradise stuff looks nice though! I wanna try it! :p trx for saying the budder is sub par :p i was briefly tempted :p

BudBuddy also offers budder but I have not tried their version, thought I would mention that in case you were interested.

The paradise stuff looked good to me as well my only hesitation was that it was extracted using ISO instead of butane. I remember reading awhile back in this thread that ISO wash oil was not really good for this unit. Sativa oil.......drooooools.....mmmmmmmmm....lol

eLiguL,

weedemon

enthusiast
yeah i know right? i can personally attest that i made an iso based oil before cleaning my other vap parts. (so it was more of an abv type oil) and it worked really well in my cartomizer :)

I have never personally had an iso based oil that turned my head and made be believe that it can be as good(tasty) as bho.

someday maybe :D

i didn't wanna name names, but that's who i ordered from. charged more too btw 50/gram over there. but i gotta say it blew my mind back then when i got it. id' say the oils i make are just as good now though :)

weedemon,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have used 3 types of oil now in 3 carts.
The Black Crude still goes, but has become a "rough starter'... as far as clearing tube for 1st hit. It still is cooking however. That was my 1st cart, that got 302 hits on a gram... and was slowing down. It is the hardest to fill.. as it is the texture of epoxy resin.
I figured I could have wrung those extra hits out of it so I decided to test the "cart reuse" waters!
Second gram loaded in, and It is still cooking!

The Peanut Butter balls (full melt) taste great, and they work well, considering I only loaded in .65 of a gram. (That was all I had). I experimented loading this in differently. I made tiny pellets and then stuffed those in the side holes with a toothpick. It was the texture of modeling clay. At first it would not get going well... but never needed a prime, breathed free of restriction. I finally tried torching the cart lightly flames licking lightly down to 1/2 of cart length. I did this until my fingers felt the heat radiate down below the 1/2 point. That did the trick. No clog ever... no prime ever... and not so dense, but visible vapor and tasty hits.

The Alaskan Ice Ear Wax... Woah!!! It is the texture of silly putty, and when I use the metal funnel I got from Planet Vape, the Ear Wax literally "leaps" from the heated funnel, down into the cart and invites you to vape!
It requires a prime about 1/2 the time, to unclog, but not always. Every single hit is a cloud producing "portable dab" with this stuff. Once in a while the cart will leak at the bottom with it... but I never remove the battery when still warm. Once cool, I can remove the battery, and with nothing more than a toothpick, I can retrieve my wax, and stick it back in the cart!
I also found that the likelihood of any leak is diminished when the cart is on snuggly!

On all 3 types of "product", I am pleased with the way my Omicron treated these concentrates!

Vitolo,

canadianlive

Hi guys I have a quick question, can we fill "Cannabis tincture" in omicron cartridges vape it and get good effects? will appreciate the answer thanks.

canadianlive,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I think it would pour right out.
The Omicron is meant for semi solid hash oils, that melt into liquid when heated.

Vitolo,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
THC SCIENTIFIC,

eLiguL

weedemon said:
yeah i know right? i can personally attest that i made an iso based oil before cleaning my other vap parts. (so it was more of an abv type oil) and it worked really well in my cartomizer :)

I have never personally had an iso based oil that turned my head and made be believe that it can be as good(tasty) as bho.

someday maybe :D

i didn't wanna name names, but that's who i ordered from. charged more too btw 50/gram over there. but i gotta say it blew my mind back then when i got it. id' say the oils i make are just as good now though :)

That is my hesitation, I dont want to waste material on learning how to make BHO properly. Just leave it to the pro's is my mentality.

November 15 is taking forever to come.... LoL.

eLiguL,

canadianlive

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Well the extract cartridges would be different then the regular ejuice carts. We will have our own design for them also.

Thank you I will now assume that the new E-Juice cartridges may be tincture compatible.

canadianlive,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
canadianlive said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Well the extract cartridges would be different then the regular ejuice carts. We will have our own design for them also.

Thank you I will now assume that the new E-Juice cartridges may be tincture compatible.

Yes,

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
The Alaskan Ice Ear Wax... Woah!!! It is the texture of silly putty, and when I use the metal funnel I got from Planet Vape, the Ear Wax literally "leaps" from the heated funnel, down into the cart and invites you to vape!
It requires a prime about 1/2 the time, to unclog, but not always. Every single hit is a cloud producing "portable dab" with this stuff. Once in a while the cart will leak at the bottom with it... but I never remove the battery when still warm. Once cool, I can remove the battery, and with nothing more than a toothpick, I can retrieve my wax, and stick it back in the cart!
I also found that the likelihood of any leak is diminished when the cart is on snuggly!

On all 3 types of "product", I am pleased with the way my Omicron treated these concentrates!

Yes Co2 earwaxes and high end concentrates like pure gold and NitroOg seem to be the way to go with this device. Highest Potency, Highest Purity, Primes Quickly and Easily and still 0 leaks with 4 different kinds of co2 and liquid nitrogen extracts.

I have to say I sampled something from the NitroOG guys last night from DubC that was really good. This stuff tasted like OG Kush. The NitroOG tastes like Lemon. this stuff actually tasted like OG Kush. Hella expensive though. The crytstal of extracts at the moment I guess. I want some!!!!!!

BTW: Something else thats looks super interesting was the folks that make PureGold extract are coming out with a SubLingual Cannabis spray. Think breath mint spray. Claims are 1-3 minutes to take effect with duration of 1-2 hours with effects "similar to smoking". Its made with Everclear, THC, and Peppermint oil. I should scan the marketing hard copy I have and post it. I will try it as soon I as I see in town. should be weeks according to the manufacturer.

ru_frothi,

DubCRider

They have the spray at Canna Culture, it's cinnimon flavored. Its the size of a perfume sample vial.

DubCRider,
Top Bottom