Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

OF

DubCRider said:
I was gonna use the field of dreams quote, "once he builds it, you will cum."

OF is right.

Who writes your material? I thought I was getting close to the edge.....at least now if I get busted I'll know the guy in the next cell.....

I wouldn't put too much stock in that "is right" part, though. I've got a broken watch around here somewhere that's right twice a day.....

It's way ahead of me right now.....

OF

OF,

hatfieldsmama

I still haven't burned out any cartridges yet, this thing is killer. takes a bit to warm up and you need to learn how to hit it, but once it gets goin, wooo!! i been puffin on two different cartridges and have put about 3 or 4 g's in each so far and they both keep chuggin along. i put in some iso reclaim in one of them and that one rips great too. now i dont have to go home to torch a skillet while im doing homework. victory

hatfieldsmama,

DubCRider

hatfieldsmama said:
Jeppy said:
Koop said:
Ya, me too. I'd like to keep my tongue. :o

did THC ever respond to this? like is the bottom cap a safety blowoff on the omicron? im a little worried thats all, can this thing really blow up in my face if not used right?

That's just with "stacked battery" models. The Omicron won't explode. The Persei is also designed to prevent this with vents on the negative battery terminal and end cap. The one that guy was using was probably sealed like the Omicron. The main reason it happened was by using unprotected batteries. The ones that come with the Persei are top of the line protected batteries.

DubCRider,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
DubCRider said:
hatfieldsmama said:
Jeppy said:
Ya, me too. I'd like to keep my tongue. :o

did THC ever respond to this? like is the bottom cap a safety blowoff on the omicron? im a little worried thats all, can this thing really blow up in my face if not used right?

That's just with "stacked battery" models. The Omicron won't explode. The Persei is also designed to prevent this with vents on the negative battery terminal and end cap. The one that guy was using was probably sealed like the Omicron. The main reason it happened was by using unprotected batteries. The ones that come with the Persei are top of the line protected batteries.
The reason it happened, or the MAIN reason it happened? So you know that the guy was using unprotected stacked batteries in his ecig?

Jeppy,

DubCRider

It's been talked about on many forums and a few threads on here. The article stated something about stacked batteries.

DubCRider,

OF

Jeppy said:
Can I stack some of those batteries in my wifes Lady Norelco?

I believe the correct question is 'can I stack enough of those batteries...'???

There could be a fairly large number of forum members interested in that answer. Perhaps we could organize a 'group buy'???

OF

OF,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
wb21 said:
would it be a good idea to get the omicron and learn filling and usage techniques before ordering a persei?
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but filling the carts will be about the only similarities between the two, though the usage concept is similar.

Jeppy,

JoeKickass

wb21 said:
would it be a good idea to get the omicron and learn filling and usage techniques before ordering a persei?

Absolutely, unless you are currently an eighth-a-day smoker you will probably find that the Omicron satisfies pretty well all on it's own. I think of their products like this:

Omicron = MFLB replacement with more power, hits decently for almost every situation and is small enough to carry everywhere.

Persei = Volcano/vapor tower replacement, will never leave you wanting more but is a bit bulky and might get you higher than you intend. An end of the night device to be sure.

JoeKickass,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I don't know. I just don't see the omi as a "must have" prior to getting the persei.

Jeppy,

DubCRider

They will fill the same but comparing the two is apples and oranges. It you want a portable nail, get the Persei. If you want a discrete ripper you can use anywhere, get an Omicron.

DubCRider,

VAPORIZER22

Stu said:
I want some for her vibrator.

lol...... I wonder who would get the most satisfaction out of that situation...you kill me.

I am planning on using the Persei as more of a home unit even though I am sure it is portable. If it were me I would get both but you can always get the Persei first and decide after that if you need something more compact/discrete for on the go.

VAPORIZER22,

OF

Jeppy said:
wb21 said:
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but filling the carts will be about the only similarities between the two, though the usage concept is similar.

My understanding is (given the 'right' battery) the carts are exactly the same. At one point they were going to ship with the current 3.7 Volt Omicron carts, but now I understand that's changed to 6 Volt versions at about twice the power.

You will be able to interchange carts between Omicron and Persei if you fit the 3.7 Volt battery.

Seems to me that experience with Omicron and it's carts is directly useful here?

OF

OF,

SoundBoss

Sooo... in light of my difficulties with the Omicron, I took it upon myself to completely dismember the cartridge, to find it completely devoid of any and all extract! Again, I'd like to stress that when I 'used' the vaporizer, I got tiny, baby hits at the absolute best after loading just under a gram of extract and I can definitively say that I made roughly 250 ATTEMPTS to hit it, and only about HALF of those actually visibly yielded anything, and the "High" was mild at best... I can tell because I have Tourettes Syndrome and my eyes begin rolling/twitching when I go prolonged periods without medicating and my piers at work and school have noticed it proliferating greatly in the past few days. I received the Omicron in the mail last Saturday and given that I've gotten virtually nothing out of it in the past 3 days, either everything I've seen/heard about this thing is complete and utter bulls***, or there was something seriously wrong with this extract. At this point, I'm wondering is it even a worthwhile investment to pick up a pre-loaded cart from a collective? I genuinely want to believe that this thing is the game-changer everybody seems to say it is, but is it worth another try? If not I'm going to return it, because this product is a complete waste of time and money! >.<

SoundBoss,

SoundBoss

Got it from PlanetVape.Ca

Not entirely sure what the stuffs 'name' was, but it was BHO (though it looked like it had ISO consistency to me though personally) from a friend who makes it, and for dabbing its been exceptional! But with the vape its been disappointing to put it mildly

SoundBoss,

JoeKickass

SoundBoss said:

Not entirely sure what the stuffs 'name' was, but it was BHO (though it looked like it had ISO consistency to me though personally) from a friend who makes it, and for dabbing its been exceptional! But with the vape its been disappointing to put it mildly

Well if it's not leaking out the bottom your oil is probably fine, I think you just need to melt it down to the heater, maybe when you opened it the oil was coating the walls of the cartridge so it looked empty. Look back on some of OF and Vito's techniques for melting down the oil, they describe it step by step. And next time you fill a cartridge make sure to preheat it.

There are really only two places for your oil to go:

-Leaking out the bottom hole

-Out the top hole (maybe a little will be in the air tube but the majority should be in your lungs...)

JoeKickass,

OF

SoundBoss said:

Encouraging that your gram fed, it points away from Omicron issues and toward the concentrate seems to me. Consider if you'd split that gram into 250 dabs (4mg each), how much would you expect from a few of those dabs? Given that's untested oil, it could easily be under 50% THC (IMO probably is unless we know more about it) so we're talking 2mg or so delivered per hit. If you absorb even half of that it's still going to take a good number of tokes to get several mg into you which sounds like a it might be less than you're used to? It's not magic, there's only so much goodness in there to spread around. How many dabs to the gram were these "exceptional" hits?

As another poster put it, the oil did seem to come out on schedule. A gram spread over 250 hits is pretty typical I think. You really can't ask much more of the delivery system.

Your suggestion of trying a known good oil in a preloaded cart is a super one IMO. It removes a lot of variables. It looks like there's nothing wrong with your unit or that cart (sadly, it will never vape again, however....). Consider there are thousands of happy owners and few (if any?) out and out failures? We're not really all making this up, you know.

Before throwing in the towel, I'd have another lash......then again I know that these guys work well when conditions are right.

Best wishes.

OF

OF,

Mflbparox

help!!!! im about to use vegetable oil and some fire purp to make some oil will i be able to use that in my omicron???

Mflbparox,

OF

Mflbparox said:
help!!!! im about to use vegetable oil and some fire purp to make some oil will i be able to use that in my omicron???

No, hash oil does not contain any vegetable oil....at least not the kind that comes from the grocery store.

Generally, to work in the Omicron you need to extract the THC (and as little else as you can manage) from the herb using a solvent of some sort. Likely options include ISO and Butane, neither of which is to be used casually.

Best plan is to get 'known good' concentrates (not all work). Failing that, get unknowns that are not water processed and completely melt. The best ones seem to be lighter in color. If you're not able to do that (like there's no clinics where you live?), I'd suggest some serious reading and careful thought before going further. It's not without risks.

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

YouTube is also full of how-to videos about concentrate extraction. If you decide to go the butane route look into something called vacuum purging to get your concentrate to the next level of cleanliness and potency.

If you ever get the opportunity to try it, Pure Gold is great too!

JoeKickass,
Top Bottom