2 Omicron Battery Units
2 Heat Shields to protect Cartridge
1 Cartridge with Mouthpiece
1 Fill Tool
1 USB Charger to wall unit
1 Carrying Case
1 Set of Instructions

First Impression:
When I first heard of the Omicron I was inspired that I could and would be able to medicate without worrying about the combustion of other ways to intake my medicine, or worrying that I may not be able to medicate should I be out in public. I was also enticed with the fact that many people were getting at least 400+ hits off of 1 gram of wax/oil. The thought of that made my tight pocket book feel a bit relieved.

After reading through all the 102 pages of forum reviews I finally went to a local dispensary and picked one up. When there I picked up the 2x Omicron Kit instead of the 1 x Omicron kit. Thinking that having two batteries may come in handy not to mention I could run a Nightime medication on one and a daytime medication on the other battery.

Filling the Unit:
Tools that I used were a heat gun(for autobody repair) the fill tool from the company and a socket to hold the cartridge in place while I heated and filled it.

Filling the Omicron cartridges was a breeze. Within about 6 minutes I had both of my cartridges filled with my daytime wax, and my nighttime wax.

First Use:
Following the instructions after I put the cartridge and heat shield on the battery with mouthpiece, I began priming it. Using all the tips and tricks off the forum I pushed the button down while gently sucking on the mouthpiece, inhaling after the button was pushed for 2 sec and then started to inhale slowly for 4 seconds. I breathed out a few seconds later to a HUGE cloud of wonderful vapor. I was excited. I will mention now that the first few days did have a learning curve. Learning how gentle you have to inhale, and how long to hold the button down. However, after a few days I was set.

Conclusion:
I have now owned the Omicron for just under a month. I still have two almost half full cartridges and I medicate at least 3 times a day. I haven't had any leaking issues, clogging issues, or really any issues. I often start preheating my cartridges before I want to medicate by wrapping the unit in a heat pack this allows the wax to warm up and move into position without worrying that the cartridge is getting to hot. I never have to prime the cartridge when I do this. However, sometimes when in a hurry I just push the button for a few seconds and do it two or three times and then the clog clears.

This unit has changed my life, I was bed ridden before this came into my life. I can now medicate and know that after only a few hits I will be able to function at an almost normal level. I have done more physically in the last month with the help of the Omicron then I have been able to do since my accident in 06'. Thank you THC Scientific for giving someone without hope her life back.

sh4dowdrifter,

OF

sh4dowdrifter said:
Conclusion:
I have now owned the Omicron for just under a month. I still have two almost half full cartridges and I medicate at least 3 times a day. I haven't had any leaking issues, clogging issues, or really any issues. I often start preheating my cartridges before I want to medicate by wrapping the unit in a heat pack this allows the wax to warm up and move into position without worrying that the cartridge is getting to hot. I never have to prime the cartridge when I do this. However, sometimes when in a hurry I just push the button for a few seconds and do it two or three times and then the clog clears.

This unit has changed my life, I was bed ridden before this came into my life. I can now medicate and know that after only a few hits I will be able to function at an almost normal level. I have done more physically in the last month with the help of the Omicron then I have been able to do since my accident in 06'. Thank you THC Scientific for giving someone without hope her life back.

WOW sh4dowdrifter, powerful testimonial.

In the midst of recreational users upset because they don't get the horse choking clouds of their dreams, this sticks out proud and tall.

Best wishes and thank you very much for sharing.

OF

OF,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
OF said:
sh4dowdrifter said:
Conclusion:

WOW sh4dowdrifter, powerful testimonial.

In the midst of recreational users upset because they don't get the horse choking clouds of their dreams, this sticks out proud and tall.

Best wishes and thank you very much for sharing.

OF
Wow, no doubt. That is an awesome testimony Sdrifter! That's what it's all about.

Jeppy,

SoundBoss

OF said:
Encouraging that your gram fed, it points away from Omicron issues and toward the concentrate seems to me. Consider if you'd split that gram into 250 dabs (4mg each), how much would you expect from a few of those dabs? Given that's untested oil, it could easily be under 50% THC (IMO probably is unless we know more about it) so we're talking 2mg or so delivered per hit. If you absorb even half of that it's still going to take a good number of tokes to get several mg into you which sounds like a it might be less than you're used to? It's not magic, there's only so much goodness in there to spread around. How many dabs to the gram were these "exceptional" hits?

As another poster put it, the oil did seem to come out on schedule. A gram spread over 250 hits is pretty typical I think. You really can't ask much more of the delivery system.

Your suggestion of trying a known good oil in a preloaded cart is a super one IMO. It removes a lot of variables. It looks like there's nothing wrong with your unit or that cart (sadly, it will never vape again, however....). Consider there are thousands of happy owners and few (if any?) out and out failures? We're not really all making this up, you know.

Before throwing in the towel, I'd have another lash......then again I know that these guys work well when conditions are right.

Best wishes.

OF

To be perfectly honest I would still be very pleased with 100 or 200 hits from a gram of extract. When dabbing I can usually get about 30 or more depending if I decide to do any "Death Dab"s or not :-P Just based on what I've seen in videos and whatnot I've seen people blowing out straight clouds of vapor, and I'm aware that those are from multiple hits, but the best hits I've gotten are little more than when you vaguely see your breath on a cold day, and a fair majority (~75%) of the hits I took emitted NO vapor whatsoever. It feels like a big waste simply because its all gone and vaporized now and I haven't once felt legitimately 'medicated'. I'm hoping another extract works better because I'm fully aware of what the omicron is capable of, so its frustrating that my first experience with it has been such a colossal failure

SoundBoss,

SoundBoss

OF said:
Any way, try a tiny drop on some foil. It should easily melt to a thin liquid that evaporates on further heating leaving nothing behind.

OF

p.s.
I also tried this out on the extract that wasn't loaded in the cart. It left some burnt residue behind but otherwise it evaporated without a hitch. It wasn't even a quarter dabs worth of extract but it certainly yielded more vapor than I've ever seen coming out of my vape... ever :-/

SoundBoss,

Vitolo

Vaporist
sh4dowdrifter said:
Conclusion:
I have now owned the Omicron for just under a month.......
Well done. Good review- glad you are feeling the help the Omicron can provide! :)

Vitolo,

Mflbparox

I MADE BHO TODAY!!!!! except the water outside wasnt boiling and it got all hard into the glass so it was hard to scrape and it was horrible i used like 7 grams and filled like half my fill tool cake tip thingy but its whatever this shit is mega clouds and got me high as fuck

Mflbparox,

SlideOrDie

Mflbparox said:
the water i kept putting it on wasnt hot and it was a shitty process

Next time try pre heating your pyrex at 150-170 in the oven and bring your first batch of water in a thermos out with you. Then fill your larger dish with the water from your thermos and get your pyrex out of the oven. Blasting onto the pre heated dish makes things so much easier IMO. Change your water with boiling water a couple times pop your bubbles and you should be good to start scraping. Scraping while it's still warm from the last batch of water makes it easy as pie.

SlideOrDie,

JoeKickass

Regulars of Elemental and Harborside should check out Palliative Health Center in SJ, I went in because they sell PureGold for $31 but found out they have two types of pure extracts that tested at 84% for $45 a gram. Sour OG flake and Blue Dream budder, mmmmm I can personally attest to the Sour OG :ko:

JoeKickass,

OF

SoundBoss said:
OF said:
Any way, try a tiny drop on some foil. It should easily melt to a thin liquid that evaporates on further heating leaving nothing behind.

OF

p.s.
I also tried this out on the extract that wasn't loaded in the cart. It left some burnt residue behind but otherwise it evaporated without a hitch. It wasn't even a quarter dabs worth of extract but it certainly yielded more vapor than I've ever seen coming out of my vape... ever :-/

Thanks for the additional information. For sure residue is going to be a problem at some level. The residue from the entire load will end up collecting on the heater and wick and will foul the works out eventually. I've got a preloaded cart (no idea of the quality of the oil) that got slower and slower even though others with the same oil did not. I opened it up and the heater was covered by what looked like a fuzzy little caterpillar wrapped around it. This was from the early days where charts were loaded from a heated 'shot glass' of oil with a small medicine dropper. I can easily see how one cart might get more sludge than another.

Another oil type for the next test seems in order?

On the matter of the dose, there may be a bigger problem there. The Omicron seems to deliver a few mg of oil at a time. If we're looking for 30mg (like would come from one of those 30 to the gram dabs) we're going to need a dozen or more hits. No way around that. It's the way the machine is designed. 300 hits to the gram is 1/300 of a gram per hit.

The Persei offers to change that with brute power (in the finest American tradition....). Each cart has twice or more the power available (therefore twice the delivery) and you can run two in parallel. And no time out, so you can gain that way too. Or Revolution offers another option, I load about 50mg usually (20 to the gram) and get 5 or 6 heavy hits. say 10mg each? Two or three such tokes would equal your dab, but you'd no doubt end up actually absorbing more due to the smaller levels.

So I agree with you, you may well get better results with a different oil. In the end, however, it might be another vape (like Persei or Revolution) will 'fit your pistol' better?

JoeKickass said:
Regulars of Elemental and Harborside should check out Palliative Health Center in SJ, I went in because they sell PureGold for $31 but found out they have two types of pure extracts that tested at 84% for $45 a gram. Sour OG flake and Blue Dream budder, mmmmm I can personally attest to the Sour OG :ko:

Thanks, Joe, great heads up! I hope they still have some by the time I make it down.....

OF

OF,

VAPORIZER22

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Guys CO2 is Legit, I have even owned a machine. trust me it produces something.

Its all in the science my friend all in the science.

Quality of trim going in dictates quality of product coming out.

Fine tuning it is a bitch.

Ok back to topic.

THE HAMMER WILL BE INTRODUCED TO THE PUBLIC IN 10 DAYS

Any updates on The Hammer

VAPORIZER22,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
VAPORIZER22 said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Guys CO2 is Legit, I have even owned a machine. trust me it produces something.

Its all in the science my friend all in the science.

Quality of trim going in dictates quality of product coming out.

Fine tuning it is a bitch.

Ok back to topic.

THE HAMMER WILL BE INTRODUCED TO THE PUBLIC IN 10 DAYS

Any updates on The Hammer
So far...it aint Hammertime

Jeppy,

hatfieldsmama

and all the other mouthpieces available won't fit the omicron cartridges perfectly correct? I'm still lookin to replace these rubber ones.....

hatfieldsmama,

OF

hatfieldsmama said:
and all the other mouthpieces available won't fit the omicron cartridges perfectly correct? I'm still lookin to replace these rubber ones.....

If you're handy with a file you can easily use standard 'drip tips'. The problem is the bridge in the Omicron cart stops the tip too soon (so the maker went outside....). However, if you carefully file away most of the rim just below the o-ring on the tip (it's easy to file the plastic) it will fit down fine. However, if you're not careful it will also block the tube like the white plug does and will make it leak when pressure backs up. So you need to file or cut (with a knife) a notch on the inside edge of the hole through the tip (or you can countersink it, which also works).

If you're OK with this sort of stuff, it takes a minute or two and works fine.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I've been using a standard anodized aluminum 510 drip tip on mine with no adjustments, it goes in most of the way, and I have not had any problems with it...works for me.

jambandphan03,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Hey I just saw Elemental has Girl Scout Cookie wax for those of you near there. I bet it's awesome.

Jeppy,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Mflbparox said:
i wish the hammer was the herb cart.....been waiting for months
Mflb, man you are impatient. :lol: Dude, you been waiting for months for everything..:lol: Where are you at?

Jeppy,

toxic1212

so ya my chargers prong came out, had it for two weeks. but i bought my omicron from a dispensary here in murrieta and now i don't think the 60 day warranty applies to me because no real online receipt. This sucks cause i just loaded A G of NASA wax and got it hitting great. POOP this sucks i guess i'll vape flower for a while...Other then the charger business no complaints

toxic1212,

druminfected

Adobewan said:
@druminfected
Give those carts a couple more pulls, I've found a common weird taste off the first pull or three off the new Omicron mouthpieces. It goes away in no time.

Yeh believe me Adobewan, I've hit it up plenty of times and there is a def metallic/rubbery taste to this pack of carts I got. I had to reclaim, but the cart the came with my omicron is fine. Now worries though, just sent the carts back to D9V, it will all get sorted.

Pre-Ordered the Persei too, I can't wait!

Looks like the #1 demand is the damn herb cart lol. I must admit that, I even have a friend that is holding out on the magic flight because I told him about this herb cart for the omicron. But remember everyone, all good things come for those who wait.

Been waiting a while for the Persei, but the Omicron will hold me off until then :)

druminfected,
Top Bottom