Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
found a nice leather lanyard for my Omicron. sat here thinkin', "man, i wish i had a way to keep this upright and handy", as i reached for my e-cig on a lanyard. felt the light bulb turn on, then, remembering how omi is basically an eGo, found an appropriate lanyard. here's a couple links dropping in cost and value from high to low if anyone else is interested.

http://www.route66vapor.com/ego-leather-lanyard/

http://smoking-right.com/Ego Lanyard , Ego T Lanyard.htm?language=en&currency=USD

http://www.ecigbestsave.com/Joye-eGo-Lanyards-p/case ego lanyards.htm

Bob Loblaw,

OF

Bob Loblaw said:
found a nice leather lanyard for my Omicron. sat here thinkin', "man, i wish i had a way to keep this upright and handy", as i reached for my e-cig on a lanyard. felt the light bulb turn on, then, remembering how omi is basically an eGo, found an appropriate lanyard. here's a couple links dropping in cost and value from high to low if anyone else is interested.

http://www.route66vapor.com/ego-leather-lanyard/

http://smoking-right.com/Ego Lanyard , Ego T Lanyard.htm?language=en&currency=USD

http://www.ecigbestsave.com/Joye-eGo-Lanyards-p/case ego lanyards.htm

Cool. This is the one I use:
http://shop.vaporheads.net/Leather-eGo-Lanyard-lel.htm

That is when I use one (haven't found it all that useful usually). Sorry, no pink ones, but the price is right and the quality seems excellent.

OF

OF,

toxic1212

will this charger work for an omicron ? http://www.route66vapor.com/joye-510-usb-battery-charger/ If so why the hell is it $20 on p9vapes.com and not $8 like these guys? kinda ridiculous, you guys should build a better charger or something, stop wasting oll your time on hammer or herb carts and get us a real battery charger or sell the shitty current one for very cheap because it IS very cheaply made.

toxic1212,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
toxic1212 said:
will this charger work for an omicron ? http://www.route66vapor.com/joye-510-usb-battery-charger/ If so why the hell is it $20 on p9vapes.com and not $8 like these guys? kinda ridiculous, you guys should build a better charger or something, stop wasting oll your time on hammer or herb carts and get us a real battery charger or sell the shitty current one for very cheap because it IS very cheaply made.

Same KIND of charger, but not the same kind of threading, so NO it won't charge your Omicron unless you use the adapter that converts the Omi threads to 510 (planetvape sells them) I can't speak for the pricing though. I prefer to use my Atmos charger w/same threading that is one solid piece, looks like a thumbdrive, no wires... seems more stable to me and it works fine w/ my Omicron.

jambandphan03,

SoundBoss

So I think I'm officially done with the Omicron. I stopped by Vapor Room SF yesterday to pick up one of their pre-loaded cartridges. What I'm going to say next happened within a span of about 3 minutes. I left the collective, walked two blocks to my bus stop, all the while holding the cartridge upright in my pocket. I sat down, screwed the top onto the vape and tested for air-flow to which there was NONE. I primed it twice for 4 seconds, and as always, drew air from the cart ever-so-slowly and with caution for about 2 seconds.... I hear a pop, and immediately about 1/3 of the extract is up in the mouthpiece! I've never said "Oh, what the SHIT!!?!?!" so loud in my life! I found a place to sit down and examine the cartridge, I removed the heat shield and extract was profusely leaking out of the bottom, all over the bottom of the cart, into the threads, down into the battery of the omicron, to the point that I don't even know if its USEABLE anymore! To add insult to injury, only 5 minutes earlier I'd just bought the damn thing for $60, and since I didn't have any smaller bills on me, told the guy who checked me out to 'keep the change'. I just drained the cart and there's MAYBE 1/3 of a gram of extract in there... I lost 2/3 of the content within its first 5 minutes in my possession. I contacted PlanetVape about returning it after that, and apparently it would be their first return ever of the product so I seriously have to wonder am I cursed or something? because I follow all the instructions and follow all the advice I'm given in meticulous detail, but for some reason I encounter a tremendous amount of difficulty with a product that everybody else has nothing but praise for. Before I go through with the return, can someone please elaborate on this? I'd like to think that it was a personal error, but testing the product out under two different circumstances/variables and having them both end in anger, frustration and disappointment can't ENTIRELY be a coincidence...

SoundBoss,
@ SoundBoss

I am curious was the wax/oil in the cartridge very liquidy to begin with? Have you thought about loading your own cartridges and just buying them from Delta9? I have loaded my own since I got the Omicron and haven't had any issues. I'm sure if you send the cartridge to THC he may be able to tell you what went wrong and if it was a manufacturer error or if when it was loaded they may have loaded the wrong stuff?

I would also check with your collective and see if they will replace it. If they do make sure you clean the Omicron connection points very good with ISO. Before I hook mine up to the charger or before I change out cartridges I clean the points and have had great luck.

Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Dawn

sh4dowdrifter,

StickyShisha2

toxic1212 said:
so ya my chargers prong came out, had it for two weeks. but i bought my omicron from a dispensary here in murrieta and now i don't think the 60 day warranty applies to me because no real online receipt. This sucks cause i just loaded A G of NASA wax and got it hitting great. POOP this sucks i guess i'll vape flower for a while...Other then the charger business no complaints

they replaced the one i broke, then i fixed the broken one using these instructions

StickyShisha2,
toxic1212 said:
so ya my chargers prong came out, had it for two weeks. but i bought my omicron from a dispensary here in murrieta and now i don't think the 60 day warranty applies to me because no real online receipt. This sucks cause i just loaded A G of NASA wax and got it hitting great. POOP this sucks i guess i'll vape flower for a while...Other then the charger business no complaints

Further up this thread there is a way to fix your charger. I am not sure which page but it is there. I'll see if I can find it but won't have time to look through the thread until late tonight.

sh4dowdrifter,

OF

Wow, SoundBoss, bummer. I'm not hanging with you or letting you buy me any lottery tickets until further notice.

However, if I were you I'd contact DubC. He's the rep in SF and a great guy. Make a 'date' with him and I'm sure he'll replace your battery and get you sorted out and running. He's done Customer Support a lot and is good at it.....like it's his job and everything. I'm sure you're right and you are an exception, not the rule and will quickly join the rest of us.

You can 'open a ticket' on the THC site, leave a message for him there (I think), poke back a page or two looking for a post of his (includes contact info) or just hang on for a bit he's sure to find you pretty quick.

My advice is to hang in there, it's worth the effort 'cuz when it goes, it goes well....

Good luck.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
SoundBoss said:
So I think I'm officially done with the Omicron. I stopped by Vapor Room SF yesterday to pick up one of their pre-loaded cartridges. What I'm going to say next happened within a span of about 3 minutes. I left the collective, walked two blocks to my bus stop, all the while holding the cartridge upright in my pocket. I sat down, screwed the top onto the vape and tested for air-flow to which there was NONE. I primed it twice for 4 seconds, and as always, drew air from the cart ever-so-slowly and with caution for about 2 seconds.... I hear a pop, and immediately about 1/3 of the extract is up in the mouthpiece! I've never said "Oh, what the SHIT!!?!?!" so loud in my life! I found a place to sit down and examine the cartridge, I removed the heat shield and extract was profusely leaking out of the bottom, all over the bottom of the cart, into the threads, down into the battery of the omicron, to the point that I don't even know if its USEABLE anymore! To add insult to injury, only 5 minutes earlier I'd just bought the damn thing for $60, and since I didn't have any smaller bills on me, told the guy who checked me out to 'keep the change'. I just drained the cart and there's MAYBE 1/3 of a gram of extract in there... I lost 2/3 of the content within its first 5 minutes in my possession. I contacted PlanetVape about returning it after that, and apparently it would be their first return ever of the product so I seriously have to wonder am I cursed or something? because I follow all the instructions and follow all the advice I'm given in meticulous detail, but for some reason I encounter a tremendous amount of difficulty with a product that everybody else has nothing but praise for. Before I go through with the return, can someone please elaborate on this? I'd like to think that it was a personal error, but testing the product out under two different circumstances/variables and having them both end in anger, frustration and disappointment can't ENTIRELY be a coincidence...

Why didn't you go back to the collective if it was so close? I would have done that first thing, and asked them why my cart is leaking all over my hand. I am sorry to hear your troubles w/Omi. I don't know what is causing your issues. Can you find someone who can give you one on one help with using it before you give up?

jambandphan03,

OF

jambandphan03 said:
Can you find someone who can give you one on one help with using it before you give up?

As I just posted, the OP is lucky in a way in that there's a great Factory Rep in his city who makes house calls. I agree, such a guy is a great resource, I hope they can connect.

I just had another thought.....did the cover plug get taken off? I don't see that in the original post about the accident. That, I think, could explain everything......

OF

OF,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Ya, if I paid for a pre-loaded cart, I'm hoofin it back 2 blocks to get my damn money.

Jeppy,
I would be hiking it back as well. Wondering why all my money was lying on the ground and all over my hand. I would then either ask for a replacement or my money back. Then I would test said replacement before I left to far.

I don't know, I love my Omicron...Without it I wouldn't have my life back

sh4dowdrifter,
A battery dying after roughly 40-60 hits is unusual, correct? Should I open up a trouble ticket?

My first experiences are mixed so far. I had about .5g of some nice homemade wax and loaded it just by rolling it onto snakes, putting in the sides of the cart and then gently heating the top of the cart with a jet lighter. I have gotten a moderately tasty vapor which is very thin, and no better. The battery died for the first time and after a full charge, only got about 40-60 very small puffs. Wonder if there's an issue?

charliedontsurf,

toxic1212

jambandphan03 said:
toxic1212 said:
will this charger work for an omicron ? http://www.route66vapor.com/joye-510-usb-battery-charger/ If so why the hell is it $20 on p9vapes.com and not $8 like these guys? kinda ridiculous, you guys should build a better charger or something, stop wasting all your time on hammer or herb carts and get us a real battery charger or sell the shitty current one for very cheap because it IS very cheaply made.

Same KIND of charger, but not the same kind of threading, so NO it won't charge your Omicron unless you use the adapter that converts the Omi threads to 510 (planetvape sells them) I can't speak for the pricing though. I prefer to use my Atmos charger w/same threading that is one solid piece, looks like a thumbdrive, no wires... seems more stable to me and it works fine w/ my Omicron.

this what your talking about http://www.atmosrx.com/Atmos-Accessories/View-all-products/Page-3-3.html well its the same price. I already ordered a charger from p9vapes.com. if it breaks i may pick up the atmos charger.

toxic1212,
Your battery may not be dead. I would heat the cylinder of the cartridge gently holding at the bottom so that you know it isn't getting to hot. My battery lasted me almost a month and that was using it 3 times a day for 5-8 hits per time. When you first get it, it is charged and it can cause problems if you don't kill the battery completely before recharging.

sh4dowdrifter,

OF

charliedontsurf said:
A battery dying after roughly 40-60 hits is unusual, correct? Should I open up a trouble ticket?

My first experiences are mixed so far. I had about .5g of some nice homemade wax and loaded it just by rolling it onto snakes, putting in the sides of the cart and then gently heating the top of the cart with a jet lighter. I have gotten a moderately tasty vapor which is very thin, and no better. The battery died for the first time and after a full charge, only got about 40-60 very small puffs. Wonder if there's an issue?

I've never stopped to count, that's within the range I think is right. I charge every few days, but often am using two or more. It takes several charges to use a gram of oil and that takes several hundred hits.

However, thin hits is another issue. My bet is the loading is the problem. To work the cart needs to have the concentrate in a solid mass (no bubbles or other holidays). The key to a solid hit is having the 'wet' ends of the wick in liquid oil, which generally means heat. For that reason there's a heater of equal power on the outside of the furnace body. If there are gaps in your load, that's not going to happen, sooner or later it's gonna 'vapor lock' like a Ford V8 on a hot day.

When loaded normally, the mass is mostly melted as a single lump and drops into the (hopefully preheated) tube and slides all the way down before it 'clots'. It has to drain free of the walls as well. I can't see how that happens loading the way you did. I think you'll need to carefully melt the load down, but first you'll need to put more in. Half a gram is marginal anyway and to have it stuck here and there in the tank isn't helping.

Anyway, some careful but serious heating may be in store for you. I've done it, it works if you're careful not to get the bottom part too hot (were the seals are). I roll the cart in one hand just below the mid point and heat the tube all around just above that. The stainless conducts heat downward poorly, the idea is to get heat into the oil inside and let the hot oil carry it down under your fingers. I've also considered sealing the base water tight and standing it in hot water for an hour or so, which I'm sure would flood the furnace, but that can be cleared.

Anyway assuming enough good quality concentrates loaded well you should be quite happy with half a hundred hits....at least for a while. I would not open a ticket just yet.

Good luck.

OF

OF,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
toxic1212 said:

open a ticket with Support at THC Scientifics website and they will take care of you or you can always deal with the retailer from which you purchased the unit.

http://supportsystem.livehelpnow.net/new_ticket.aspx?cid=8939

ru_frothi,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Jeppy said:
Ya, if I paid for a pre-loaded cart, I'm hoofin it back 2 blocks to get my damn money.

Yes me too. something stinks too. who buys something from vendora A and then wants to blame vendor B and return the product without trying to return the bogus cart to Vendor A. bizarro world.

ru_frothi,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
charliedontsurf said:

Dunno about your battery but I would bet you need to heat the cart some more. Adjust your prime time and your draw rate. More viscous conentrates sometimes require a slower draw than say PureGold.

Modnote: Please refrain from creating multiple posts in a row, use the edit button/quote/multi-quote tools to add to your original post in the future.

EDIT: How do I use multi-quote. I'm not familiar with that tool.

ru_frothi,

SoundBoss

Update! Mixed feelings though... So I examined the unit I used yesterday, and I cleaned out most of the gunk but the threads as well as the shaft of the cartridge are super sticky... and I do think it may have been the wrong stuff as well, because I extracted a good amount of it this morning and it is pretty thin and black, like the way it drips doesn't look too hefty... After emptying out most of the cartridge and cleaning it as much as I could I gave it another whirl... BIG HITS! NO LEAKS! So there may be hope yet... I'm just trying to figure out where exactly it all went wrong so I don't have any repeats!

@ Sh4dowdrifter : I actually filled my own cart the first time and got little to no vapor from the unit, but that extract was also SUPER thick.

Otherwise I suppose I'm just going through a prolonged learning curve with it, and I admit I SHOULD have gone back to the collective but at the same time, I too work in customer service and didn't want to be "that guy"... on the chance that it DID end up being something I fucked up personally. Other than that, I think its earned another shot... I just need to find people outside of this forum who won't steer me wrong when I bring up these concerns >.<

SoundBoss,

toxic1212

rufrothy said:
toxic1212 said:

open a ticket with Support at THC Scientifics website and they will take care of you or you can always deal with the retailer from which you purchased the unit.

http://supportsystem.livehelpnow.net/new_ticket.aspx?cid=8939

good news, I went to the clinic I bought the unit at and they just said "o really? Here we extras have a great day" I was shocked at how cool it was they give me a new charger.
The best news is I can hit all this great wax I have :p

toxic1212,
Top Bottom