Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
JoeKickass said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
well guys we had a meeting today and i must say we have run the herb cartridge and nail cartridge to the ground, and its not satisfactory for us.

I am so sorry guys we thought we had it, but its just not what we wanted. It works both cartridges work like monsters, just the performance we where looking for is not there. I just does not last long.

So our solution to this problem is going back to the drawing board. Tomorrow or next week, ill demo the nail cartridge and flower cart so you guys know we where not bullshitting.

On a brighter side we really think the next version should work as we are making everything new. That means everything.

And if this works, we might have just revolutionized the industry again.

Stay tuned.

Sorry to hear, but it sounds like maybe you guys are being a bit perfectionist?

I always understood the flower and nail cart to be single use options. Ie. you pack the cart each time you want to use it in a session and clean it out at the end.

If the cartridges are producing good vapor I think your work is done. It makes sense that they won't last as long as cartridges filled with grams of oil because ground herb or a single dab of oil can't possibly contain that much thc.

I didn't think these cartridges were for filling once and toking on all week. I thought they were for enjoying that special nug or trying out a dab of your friends oil. The cartridges really don't need to last any longer than a single session, they just need to be easy to pack and empty so you can try different strains and oils with ease.

yes we are perfectionists.

We want the cartridges to last more then a 1000 uses not just a few hundred.

right now they work produce vapor and tons of it, the nail cartridge does what it supposed to, and so does the flower cartridge.

Just not something we want to put our name on. Specially since few others are working on the sam design we found out.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

JoeKickass

Oh I see, I thought you meant the cartridges ran out of vapor too quickly before you had to refill them...

But I think you're saying the cartridge heater actually burns out too quickly after only so many uses?

Either way, longevity is always a good thing so keep up the innovation!

JoeKickass,

Sicc

I dont keep track of the amounts of hits i have on this cart (og nitro wax) but ive had it since last saturday, im fuckin baked and its still going strong breh

Sicc,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

Impressive G

That ones gonna be fun to play with for sure.

Shout out to 408_Grow and crew. We met up at Medex a chilled for a few hours the other night. What a cool spot. Their flowers weren't anything special and the prices were higher than most but they have couches, pool table, video games and lots of smoking accessories. I brought the solo and the omicron. 408_Grow's buddy brought a sick little glass bubbler with a Ti Nail rig. They even have their own built in hash bar if you don't have a portable dab rig. 408_grow and I both finally tried out the Pure Gold and see what all the fuss is about. The lighter colored stuff has a mega lemony taste compared to the NitroOG which is quite lemony but it makes huge clouds and hits like a champ. One thing I didn't realize is that PureGold has very high levels of other cannabinoids unlike some of the other waxes I've seen tested. This is the run down on the side of their packaging:

Active ingredients: (92% Cannabinoids)
79% THC
73.8% delta-9 THC
4.6% delta-8 THC
1.0% delta-6 THC

0.6% CBD
4.9% CBN
1.6% CBG
2.5% CBC
2.0% verols
1.0% Misc cannabinoids

Inactive Ingredients:
5.0% Limonene
2.9% sesquiterpenes and terpenes
0.1% inert compounds.

This one's gonna be new favorite for sure. Certainly not cheap but its pretty damn good. Thanks again to 408_Grow to making it out medex. Can't wait till we have another session and maybe next time some more FC's will join us.

ru_frothi,

bruno13

insomniac
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
well guys we had a meeting today and i must say we have run the herb cartridge and nail cartridge to the ground, and its not satisfactory for us.

I am so sorry guys we thought we had it, but its just not what we wanted. It works both cartridges work like monsters, just the performance we where looking for is not there. I just does not last long.

So our solution to this problem is going back to the drawing board. Tomorrow or next week, ill demo the nail cartridge and flower cart so you guys know we where not bullshitting.

On a brighter side we really think the next version should work as we are making everything new. That means everything.

Stay tuned.

Thanks for the update. I am more interested in the leak proof carts. Any update on them?

bruno13,

Keak420

rufrothy said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

Impressive G

That ones gonna be fun to play with for sure.

Shout out to 408_Grow and crew. We met up at Medex a chilled for a few hours the other night. What a cool spot. Their flowers weren't anything special and the prices were higher than most but they have couches, pool table, video games and lots of smoking accessories. I brought the solo and the omicron. 408_Grow's buddy brought a sick little glass bubbler with a Ti Nail rig. They even have their own built in hash bar if you don't have a portable dab rig. 408_grow and I both finally tried out the Pure Gold and see what all the fuss is about. The lighter colored stuff has a mega lemony taste compared to the NitroOG which is quite lemony but it makes huge clouds and hits like a champ. One thing I didn't realize is that PureGold has very high levels of other cannabinoids unlike some of the other waxes I've seen tested. This is the run down on the side of their packaging:

Active ingredients: (92% Cannabinoids)
79% THC
73.8% delta-9 THC
4.6% delta-8 THC
1.0% delta-6 THC

0.6% CBD
4.9% CBN
1.6% CBG
2.5% CBC
2.0% verols
1.0% Misc cannabinoids

Inactive Ingredients:
5.0% Limonene
2.9% sesquiterpenes and terpenes
0.1% inert compounds.

This one's gonna be new favorite for sure. Certainly not cheap but its pretty damn good. Thanks again to 408_Grow to making it out medex. Can't wait till we have another session and maybe next time some more FC's will join us.
Aww I would have went!! I mixed half gram of pure gold with some skywalker wax wanted to show off!

Keak420,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
that meetup sounded fun, hopefully i can get some time to meet up with you guys. show me some tips and tricks.

yesterday i tried hooking up my omi to a bubbler, that shit blew my mind!!!1 :ko: got me super high, maybe too high. i dropped my bubbler and broke the mouth piece :(

ilovebOObs,

BossBrew

Metalhead
ilovebOObs said:
that meetup sounded fun, hopefully i can get some time to meet up with you guys. show me some tips and tricks.

yesterday i tried hooking up my omi to a bubbler, that shit blew my mind!!!1 :ko: got me super high, maybe too high. i dropped my bubbler and broke the mouth piece :(
This is why I can't wait to get mine! I can't wait for the concentrates to kick my ass!

BossBrew,

TracyLee

I missed another meetup..darnit. Oh well, had a meeting anyway. I've been MIA For a while. Herniated disk in my back. Hurts like a bitch. Either been too medicated or grumpy to be be online. I did stop at Elemental yesterday (chiropractor is in the neighborhood :-). I got that pricey Blueberry wax to try. Just need to find time to load.

Sounds like I need to try Med ex Pure Gold / True Gold in a different cartridge then the pure Gold that leaked on me before. I did love the taste! Probably will top by and hang out during the day sometime this week.

--tracy

TracyLee,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Ok guys here is the video of the drawing,

http://youtu.be/xhp8Kcmbt6Y

And here is the list of winners.

1st place order #384
2nd Place Order #477
3rd Place Order #477
4th Place Order #435
5th Place Order #504
6th Place Order #360
7th Place Order #408
8th Place Order #428

Thank you all for helping the kids and we will have another contest up soon.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
TracyLee said:
I missed another meetup..darnit. Oh well, had a meeting anyway. I've been MIA For a while. Herniated disk in my back. Hurts like a bitch. Either been too medicated or grumpy to be be online. I did stop at Elemental yesterday (chiropractor is in the neighborhood :-). I got that pricey Blueberry wax to try. Just need to find time to load.

Sounds like I need to try Med ex Pure Gold / True Gold in a different cartridge then the pure Gold that leaked on me before. I did love the taste! Probably will top by and hang out during the day sometime this week.

--tracy

They didn't have any THC Gold. Just Pure Gold. Actually everything listed on their online menu was gone and not available.

ru_frothi,

BrownsBearsBeers

longtime reader of the forum and finally registered. Vaping since 2003, have converted many, own a volcano classic solid valve with reynolds turkey bag. I do onebag at 4.5 and and one at 6.5. I love my machine. Durable, conservative & consistent.

With the rise of oil I have had a lot of friends buy new devices. I have yet to see something I really wanted to invest in. I was not impressed with the liquid pad and the cano, and did not want to mess with a torch setup. I have been following this thread for day one and have finally made the purchase. I just ordered a omicron, free refill tool and five cartridges as a Christmas gift to myself. Was debating on this or a solo as I had two friends recently acquire solos and have been impressed with the portability. The Plenty does not seem appealing as its not portable.

Looking forward to trying this and will defiantly post my experience and will have questions.

BrownsBearsBeers,

mistergyro

THC SCIENTIFIC said:

Stay tuned.

THANKS for the update. looking forward to the future!

mistergyro,

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Guys I'll post a video tomorrow of one of our prototype testers. Your tester might be off. We get 2.3-2.4 ohms on our reading. Bad carts read at 5.4.

Did this happen (posting a video of a prototype tester)? A lot gets past me sometimes, but I'm interested in this. I'd like to see it.

TIA

OF

OF,

Adobewan

@BrownsBearsBeers
Regarding portability, the Omicron beats the Solo IMO. You can carry an Omicron in the front pocket of your jeans. Unless you're wearing MC Hammer's pants, that's tough with the Solo and glass stems. And if there are fellow patients with you, there's carrying the additional meds for refilling the Solo. The Solo is a rocking portable flower vaporizer, smell issue and loose stems considered, I prefer it over the MFLB and my Iolite which I still love, but the Omicron, once loaded is going to medicate you and a squadron of fellow patients with no hassles for hours if not days.
You won't be disappointed!

Adobewan,

BossBrew

Metalhead
Adobewan said:
@BrownsBearsBeers
Regarding portability, the Omicron beats the Solo IMO. You can carry an Omicron in the front pocket of your jeans. Unless you're wearing MC Hammer's pants, that's tough with the Solo and glass stems. And if there are fellow patients with you, there's carrying the additional meds for refilling the Solo. The Solo is a rocking portable flower vaporizer, smell issue and loose stems considered, I prefer it over the MFLB and my Iolite which I still love, but the Omicron, once loaded is going to medicate you and a squadron of fellow patients with no hassles for hours if not days.
You won't be disappointed!
It's great to hear another positive Omicron review from a FC member that has also used the Solo. My Solo is currently my most used device but I am hoping the Omicron will change that. Ordered it on Thursday so it should be arriving early next week.

Would you say smell is less of an issue with the Omicron than the Solo?

BossBrew,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Well my Omicron arrived yesterday and my first impressions are pretty good! I initially had plenty of reservations about this vape- the application of the ecig type technology to MJ has been something of a holy grail quest, and I was certainly reluctant to believe that it had been successful. Plus a few users reported issues. Oils are just such a peculiar variable substance it must be hard to tailor the engineering accordingly. But seeing the $25 trade in deal and having an Eclipse that I don't use very often I caved in and traded.

A month later, and with a double aero-transatlantic carbon footprint, I have my Omicron in my hand filled with a gram of home-made budder, vaping away. Filling was a piece of piss with the tool. I've probably hit it 100 times since yesterday and the clouds are about what I expected from watching the videos, although I'm impressed with how big a hit can be got by taking a few in a single lungful. But a single hit does seem to be a highly efficient way of consuming your meds, with little lost on the exhale. The only thing that maybe counts against the Omicron for efficiency is the amount that gets left in the cart at the end of use- I can't find it now, but I think I read someone (was it weedemon?) report that it stopped producing with still 0.2-0.3 inside? Any idea how much of that could be recovered?

Only thing I will say is that to me it tastes like shit- but that's just the taste of budder/oil. I can't relate to the folk that get a nice taste from oil at all. I'm fairly new to oil though, and perhaps the taste is acquired. No leaks, but then I haven't been out of the house with it yet.

To compare it to the Solo is to compare long johns to socks really. Different and complimentary. I'll always prefer the taste of buds and need to vape them, and while I'm impressed with this as an oil device I'll be very surprised if a small cart and small battery can ever vape flowers as beefily as the Solo does (ie as hot, for as long, for as big a load), so can't see it replacing it for me.

So I'll see how things last but if it continues to hit as well as this, and doesn't leak everywhere, then I think I'll be well happy and it will definitely have a highly utilised role in my vape arsenal.

WatTyler,

eLiguL

WatTyler said:
Only thing I will say is that to me it tastes like shit- but that's just the taste of budder/oil. I can't relate to the folk that get a nice taste from oil at all. I'm fairly new to oil though, and perhaps the taste is acquired. No leaks, but then I haven't been out of the house with it yet.

I can confirm the taste is 100% attributed to your starting material. I have some Mango oil that tasted exactly like mango but sadly this was only on the first hit. I assume after the first hit all the mango terpenes boiled off and now it just taste like oil.

image hosting

eLiguL,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
+1

Earwaxes etc taste much better.

The claim that 2.-.3g is left in the cart when done is just done true. yes often times with .2-.3 left it may slow down in producing vapor until you hit the cart with a lighter and gently melt down some more concentrate. And magically its back to ripping again. I have done this with 6 carts now and gotten every one back to the original weight before I filled it and then re-filled. There is no issue here.

ru_frothi,

OF

rufrothy said:
The claim that 2.-.3g is left in the cart when done is just done true. yes often times with .2-.3 left it may slow down in producing vapor until you hit the cart with a lighter and gently melt down some more concentrate. And magically its back to ripping again. I have done this with 6 carts now and gotten every one back to the original weight before I filled it and then re-filled. There is no issue here.

Really? How accurate is that 'back to original weight'? This advice seems at odds with that from THC his own self who in post #966 tolt us: "Weigh ou the cartridge, 7.9 grams is empty and 8.1 grams is low." A post or two later he said "Resedue produces vapor your scale might be .1-.2 off so it could be 8.1 And yes you could damage a empty cartridge."

I also recall him telling us that '10 to 20%' (as a guess?) remained when you tried to reclaim oil from a dead cart. For sure something is coating surfaces, my #10 tip gained about 50 mg in weight the first time I used it.

Vitolo also reported recovering some material from a failed cart body, that had to have come from somewhere and he'd already mechanically removed what he could by destroying the cart.

For myself, I've had 'the gold standard' (Pure Gold Oil) get weak when I still had about 150 mg in the cart (accurate to a mg or two), only to come roaring back with a fresh infusion.

What have other guys found? Can you really milk it down to a few mg of oil without adverse effects? For myself, I think I'm more comfortable treating the last few hundred mg of the fill as in investment. When a cart gets slow that close to empty I think the best plan is to add more oil, not risk it with radical reheats with Mr. Lighter or risk damaging the cart by repeatedly heating it when basically dry.

OF

OF,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
OF said:
rufrothy said:

Really? How accurate is that 'back to original weight'? This advice seems at odds with that from THC his own self who in post #966 tolt us: "Weigh ou the cartridge, 7.9 grams is empty and 8.1 grams is low." A post or two later he said "Resedue produces vapor your scale might be .1-.2 off so it could be 8.1 And yes you could damage a empty cartridge."

I also recall him telling us that '10 to 20%' (as a guess?) remained when you tried to reclaim oil from a dead cart. For sure something is coating surfaces, my #10 tip gained about 50 mg in weight the first time I used it.

Vitolo also reported recovering some material from a failed cart body, that had to have come from somewhere and he'd already mechanically removed what he could by destroying the cart.

For myself, I've had 'the gold standard' (Pure Gold Oil) get weak when I still had about 150 mg in the cart (accurate to a mg or two), only to come roaring back with a fresh infusion.

What have other guys found? Can you really milk it down to a few mg of oil without adverse effects? For myself, I think I'm more comfortable treating the last few hundred mg of the fill as in investment. When a cart gets slow that close to empty I think the best plan is to add more oil, not risk it with radical reheats with Mr. Lighter or risk damaging the cart by repeatedly heating it when basically dry.

OF

really within 0.05g on 6 different carts. all refilled all working fine. some refilled 2-3 times now.

not reporting anyones guestimations just my 1st hand experiences.

These carts are way tougher than most here think. THat was one of my main problems earlier on. Being scared to pull to hard, being scared to heat the cart too much, being scared to prime a lot to clear a clog. All these things get worked out as you use the product more.

The only thing I am noticing is that the refilled carts leak a bit more than the new ones. no biggy just a little harder to prime 1st thing.

ru_frothi,

BossBrew

Metalhead
rufrothy said:
+1

Looks like I'm all set. Just picked up some OG Kush Earwax from a local collective and it is potent and easy to work with! Not quite sure how the prices are in NorCal but I paid $55/G.

Can't wait until the Omicron is delivered. :ko:

BossBrew,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
BossBrew said:
rufrothy said:
+1

Looks like I'm all set. Just picked up some OG Kush Earwax from a local collective and it is potent and easy to work with! Not quite sure how the prices are in NorCal but I paid $55/G.

Can't wait until the Omicron is delivered. :ko:

Earwax is generally 35-60 around here with 50G being the average I would say.

NitroOG is consistently $50 but $45 at one place and PureGold is consistently $40 a 1/2g around here.

Regardless of the small residual leftover you get your moneys worth out of a gram in the omicron.

ru_frothi,
Top Bottom