Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

hogleg

I think the wood will stand up against the glass Im sticking it in there already and no scratches. The metal is just hot ed and when I pull a stem I like to grab at the base for stability also it could save you 1/4" of material on each one.

hogleg,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
That's a really good thought there Hog, will take it into consideration when I get the prototypes done this week before they go to production!

Ed's TnT,

u bwade wunner

Ed

I really like hogs idea too. I think that would work well and would look much better on the finished stem.the Stainless bowl would need a stepped end which would insert into the wood stem.in the solo the Stainless bowl would finish flush with the top of the unit.

Alternatively you could also just reduce the length of the SS piece so long as it stays on the wood stem and doesn t come loose after extended use.

Im guessing you need enough slip on the wood to hold the SS bowl firm and in place without glues and other nasties.

rough sketch
31795327.png

u bwade wunner,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
14mm is .55", the ID of the Solo heat port is right at .591", the SS sleeve will vary by the .001" or so. The wood tube will mate the sleeve with a male end and will have an OD the same size as the sleeve so turning the mouthpiece end of the tube to 14mm/.55 could be a standard done to all from here out. I wanna stay with the drawing I posted earlier rather than the one above, feel like if I make the SS where it mates the wood with a male than the ID of the draw will be restricted by what ever size it is. If I do it the way am thinking then the inner draw hole could be expanded based on performance with no restriction at all, the SS is wide open and the draw hole could be whatever I wanted just so long as its not restricted. It will be wide open with only a screen and green to obstruct the air pathway! Should be a heavy hitter. The length of the sleeve allows for enough wood to be inserted to make a good seat and hold tightly. The other end of it is just slightly deeper than the glass bowl by only an 1/8" or so. I may trim this length down just a little like Hog stated a page back bout the heat on the SS and when taking out of the Solo, I too reached down low to grab it just at the top of the unit and felt the same thing. The next couple of days are gonna be fun! Will let you all know ASAP my findings! Thanks for all the input everyone, and thanks to FC for bringing us all together!

My 3 year old had his first Tball game last night, hit pitches from the coach both times at bat, he don't need no stinking T!!! Fun stuff y'all!

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
It's great to see all this new stuff happening Ed!

My 3 year old had his first Tball game last night, hit pitches from the coach both times at bat, he don't need no stinking T!!! Fun stuff y'all!

How fun! Funny how the youngest can often be the most competitive. He'll probably be the best ball player of the bunch. :lol:

momofthegoons,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

djonkoman

How fun! Funny how the youngest can often be the most competitive. He'll probably be the best ball player of the bunch. :lol:
not always, as a kid I was so anti-compettive I refused to participate in a game if it was called contest instead of game :p

btw, what is Tball?? can't figure out what it stands for, or it must be a sport I don't know(wich is very wel possible too, untill recently I thought lacross was an imaginary sport, since I only saw it once in a sci-fi-ish movie so I thought they just made it up for the movie, just like that sport they play in harry potter)

djonkoman,

djonkoman

o, I remember doing that in highschool, we just called it 'honkbal'(dutch for baseball) tough, I usually either hit the stand or the air above the ball. and after only 2-3 lessons doing that we switched to getting the ball thrown at you(wich was a lot easier, just stand still and do nothing untill you got a free walk to 1st base)

djonkoman,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning! My oldest won another game Thursday night, he got walked both times at bat, no sweat though a run is a run!

Wish I had all the great news and pics to post this morning of the SOLO venture, parts wont be finished until Monday morning, will have a few turned that evening and will have all the info for you all first thing Tuesday.

Bout to become a MF LB retailer, have a few kits in that I have to get to the photographer first of the week. Pricing will be bout the same as everyone else, will be free shipping with every order, and also wanna do an Ed's LB Special Edition Kit, where a bad ass blackwood/ebony standard wooden stem and a shorty from the same species that would only be offered with this deal. The species that is in the kit will not be sold or made available for anyone else period! Only way to own one of each of these is to order a kit from Ed's TnT. Would like it to make it a little more special than whats out there and want to commit to the customer that this is the only way to get em! Hope to have all this up and available soon so keep an eye out and if you have any questions pls do ask.

Sure wish I had more SOLO news but anything great takes time, just have to wait a little more is all!

WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING TEE!!!

u bwade wunner

Hi Ed

I recieved my beta stem yesterday.I know its the old solo design, but just wanted to comment on the quality of youre wood working

You make the best stems.smooth as glass.The flavour through the cocobolo I found to be nutty but sweet.Its very nice indeed

I think the Stainless bowl needs to be a lot lighter gauge .the heavier SS bowl is to slow to heat up and too long to cool down.My opinion is a much lighter 1 - 2mm gauge SS would be perfect.So long as it survives the drop test Ed.It will be right

a great plus is I drilled it out to 11mm and it now fits the Hi beautifully .It works pretty good in the solo too.I Managed nice clouds and had a blissville cruisey day testing youre stem yessterday

the stem will drop out if turned at an angle or upside down.but this is the beta after all.

I would like to see thinest gauge SS bowl possible that wont dent or ding from a fall and second that the stem sits tight in the solo.Im always up down hills on my bike hanging off trees etc.so a nice tight stem works best esp when passing it around.

I think the new stems youre planning will be a big improvement.

The end:)

u bwade wunner,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good news, good news!!! R&D is over for the Solo Tubes, will be going into production this week. Have a first look at what is to come. There will only be a slight mod from these to what will be available to everyone. The overall length of the SS is now at 1", am gonna shorten it to 5/8" that will give me a 1/4" to slide the tube in and 3/8" for the bowl depth. The walls of these tubes are 1.5mm thick with the 4 small notches cut in the bowl end. They have a large 5/16" draw hole all the way through and a screen inserted just to the wood. Hope you all like what I have done.

2012-04-16_18-50-47_56.jpg

2012-04-16_18-51-08_298.jpg

2012-04-16_18-51-33_170.jpg

2012-04-16_18-51-39_896.jpg

Oh also I am now a MF Launch Box retailer!!!

hogleg

are you going to taper for a GonG fitting? I love the new design exactly what this thing needs how does it hit?

hogleg,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I will be doing the Gong taper, just forgot to do that on this piece yesterday when I spun it! Hits like a champ!

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Glass is ok but wood does it for me! Thanks for your enthusiasm Hog, cant wait to put one of these new pieces in your hand bro!

Quality hand crafted one of a kind pieces that will last a lifetime!

Ed's TnT,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Nicely done :tup: Loving the look of the new Solo stem...now to save a few pennies and order a few :D

J.R.R.Tokin',

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Get them dollars put back JRR, I am sure you will really dig these pieces!

I havent mentioned it but the ID of the Solo tube is just slightly over 11mm so should work with over units I think that are out there.

Am excited to make these happen, wont be much longer now. Anything that's good takes time!

u bwade wunner

Hey Ed.any particular wood give a glass like smooth neutral taste?

or a stem with refreshing mildly citrus undertones?

Educate Us mere mortals!

u bwade wunner,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Sessnet, if all goes as I hope, these should be available by the end of next week. I am just as anxious to make it happen I can assure you!

Ubwade, I really like the super dense species for sleek feel, the vapor seems to be crisper IMO. They take a high glossy sheen naturally due to the tight grain they have. You know how the cocobolo feels on your lips, ebony will be similar. Granadillo is of the Rosewood species like cocobolo, it will finish the same also. Softer woods just dont do it for me, I feel like the denser accentuate the experience when vaping.

hogleg

FYI ed the M107s have a completely different o ring it is not as simple as just throwing another ring in

hogleg,
Top Bottom