Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
You can count on it Agony, I love posting pics bro!. I have made a few knife handles in the past using cocobolo, amboyna and redwood, they all worked out really nice! I have my eye out all the time, and have just stumbled upon a great discovery only a few miles from my housse, the door has just opened for me and Eds TnT, I cant wait to go through and see what the future has in store! I mean I am so anxious I cant stand it! Better dayz are ahead y'all great things are coming from Ed's TnT really soon I hope!

GoGlass

Hello Ed,

Yours wooden vapor tubes for the Solo looks so nice !!! I am ready to buy them even if they are in Beta Stage, and / or become a Beta tester. How can i do that ? Thanks and best luck for these stems .....

Mod note: I think you might have missed the part in the rules that states "do not ask about being a beta tester." This might be a good time to go back and read them..

GoGlass,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello Ed,

Yours wooden vapor tubes for the Solo looks so nice !!! I am ready to buy them even if they are in Beta Stage, and / or become a Beta tester. How can i do that ? Thanks and best luck for these stems .....

Hello GoGlass, thanks for having a look and the offer, I appreciate your interest in my work. I spoke of a new found discovery above that will make these tubes even better than they currently are so I am hoping to have an upgraded tube really soon. If I am able to make it happen they will be spot on for fit and performance. These are gonna happen pls just hang in there with me and I will have something available very soon. Thanks again and pls check back with me soon!

hogleg

Just received my beta Thank you Ed this thing is beautiful. I left my solo at work but I will hit it hard tomorrow thank you thank you

hogleg,

Ville23

Nice...can't wait to hear how they work.
They really look amazing!

Just curious how much they change the taste?
I'd like to get a very "neutral" one.
Or maybe with that amazing black wood to match my lovely Solo!:love:
I assume that airflow is greatly increased?

Great job Ed!

Ville23,

GoGlass

Wow, now i have 4 friends that are waiting for these wood stems.....
We are always outside, and for us , the major drawback of the solo it 's the glass stem....not very portbale.....We hope that the airflow will not be -too much- increased, because it reduces vapor density....
but i am sure Ed will be care of that.... Can't wait of this amazing job !!!!!

GoGlass,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Don't put a whole lota stock into to that piece Hog, that is already an old design!

BIG NEWS, BIG NEWS, BIG NEWS at Ed's TnT!!! The doors have opened and I walked though! There is nothing stopping me now! Have access to a couple of CNC machines, milling machines and metal lathes! If I can think it, I can make it!

I want to let you all in on a few things, I have been wanting to develop my own log vape for a while. I have been doing R&D for over 6 months now, have a solid heat core like none used out there, heats up really fast and holds a consistent 400F temp, have already worked up a shape and really dig the look, think you all will also. Thing is I have been at the mercy of what is out there and available from manufactures and such and have not been able to make it happen with the heat transfer from the core. Well that is not an issue anymore! All I need now is time and have always been short of that. But be on the look out I will be offering my own log vape in the future.

Now on to the Solo Tubes, the betas out there are crap and are not at all what I have coming! Have some being made right now that will make a tight fit and exact size every time. They will have 4 notches cut in the end inserted into the unit that will match the 4 tiny air holes in the bottom of the SS heat port. The wall of the tubing will be thinner to ensure that there is no wait time for warm up and increase airflow. The overall design of the tube will not change, only difference is the wall of the tubing and the added notches for airflow. I will have these perfected and available within 4-6 weeks. These pieces will be pretty as you please, sleek and shiny polished perfect! I have no doubt that these will fit better than the glass and will last a hellova lot longer. Prices will be comparable to what I already offer for vapor tubes and species will vary just the same. These are gonna be the cats ass, no if, ands, or buts about it!

There is one more thing that I have been working on that is bigger than the anything posted above. My bro in law and I have been doing some developing of another product that is sure to be a big winner with you all! we have been toying with the another idea for a vape style. A few weeks ago we put the concept into motion and today we made a working prototype. It got so hot within a couple seconds my bro in law couldn't get it out of his hands fast enough. I laughed for a couplea minutes and he shook his finger for just as long! I aint about to let the cat outa the bag on this one, just have to keep an eye out and wait and see!

Am so looking forward to brighter dayz you all, I cant wait to show you all whats ahead!

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Oh god, not another log vape to put on the wish-list :lol:

Really curious to see what you'll be creating Ed :tup:

How long will we have to wait for the first pics, will there be a variable temp/voltage? I hope this will ship to Europe just as your other products?

Curious about the other prototype as well, don't burn the place down man :brow:

OhTheAgony,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Nice going :D looking forward to the future and all to come - good luck :tup: and put me down for a log and some of them solo stems!

J.R.R.Tokin',
Reactions: Vitolo
holy shit, a ed's tnt vape... thatz big news ed, hoping to getta phowler sneak boat with a copperhead surface drive here soon so next year hopefully we will be hittibg the swamp and busting some ducks.....take care bro

PanicFreak,
ha ha I knew you would be pumped bout this to vito.. can you imagine the beauties ed would make for us.... let me stop before I make everyone drool on their keyboard.. :)

PanicFreak,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning and thanks for all the interest you all! Glad you all can be a part of this! I am so excited for whats to come, just oozing with excitement, I bet sometimes its not a pretty sight!

Ok so will have some Solos ready for beta in 2-4 weeks, production in 6. I need some help though, anyone out there with the ceramic heater port on the solo, I need that thing measured precisely to know if there is any drastic variance in size. Pls anyone out there with a micrometer let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.

I have spun a few bodies for my log and have an overall look for it, its shape and style have not been done yet so it will be fun to show you all soon. I wanted to have a variable heat reg. but am not sure I will need one, seems I have found the sweet spot for this style heating core and may have to dial it down when the core is encased in its heater housing but wont know certain until its built. I bought several blocks of maple, cherry, and walnut to make these just put it on hold due to not being able to find parts, but as stated above that is no longer an issue. Now my problem is time and has always been a factor for me. Besides all the daily stuff happening at Ed's TnT I have 3 boys who are all playing baseball this year, our first game is Monday night and will be a hella schedule for the entire weeks to come to make them all. On top of that I spent a few hundred dollars getting by boat ready for fishing this year, there is alot of water holes out there we need to throw a hook in! Lunkers are out there for the taking! My younger bro in law just caught a big 10lb. 2oz. large mouth bass, looked like the damn thing ate 3 bricks sideways. I like fish too!

Good times are to be had and we gonna get us some!!!

Edited to add: Forgot all about these beauties will have in a couplea three weeks. Figured Granadillo, it is of the rosewood family and will finish just as nice as the cocolobo. You can see for yourself that they will make some of my finest pieces.

RetailfiguredGranadillo.jpg

u bwade wunner

Hi Ed

Happy holidays:tup:

will you be adding side vents to the new CNC solo stem also?.
I have pretty ample air flow now after the vapelxus mod which is at the bottom of the post.

The notches on the bottom of the bowl youre adding will be a nice addition for sure.

best of luck Bud.
some nice close ups below of the crucible to have a look at

vapexlus post
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-93#post-163709

u bwade wunner,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, I put together an image of what these tubes will look like for the Solo, this is a rough drawing I did with PS, just took the granadillo pic from above and turned it sideways. The notches will provide for the added airflow and being a solid hole all the way through the tube will give ample flow.

SoloTubePS-1.png

As I said will have the prototypes finished by the end of the week, and will begin production the following week.

hogleg

One thing that might be nice ed is to taper the end to meet a 14mm GonG instead of rounded. The stainless gets and stays HOT maybe the bowl part should not come above the top of the solo I mean to say no steel exposed. Love the feel and durability. I feel like the o rings are a little small I.D. they only need to keep the stock ring from rising when you make the stems fit this well.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hog your thinking I should wood end of the tube at 14mm? If so that is not a problem, could do that as a standard for these, would make them more versatile. The length of the SS is just about the sane length of the wide spot on the glass tube. There will be no need for Orings on the new style I am making, the stock Oring in the unit will still be a good idea for em though. Should have something to show you all by this weekend, am anxious to do so. Think the African Blackwood would make a great match for the Solo, it finishes just as nice as the Cocobolo and feels even nicer in the hand.

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Won't the wood damage to much if you repeatedly use it with a GonG connection?

Hmmm I have no idea if thats the case OTA, I do not have any water tools or bubbler devices. Is this something that would happen with rough use or how does this occour? Hm some woods may not be able to be used as a Gong conn., some maybe to soft. I would think that the super dense species like the cocobolo or blackwood shouldnt have a whole lot of damage.

Pls tell me your thoughts!

Ed's TnT,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ah I see. It's a ground glass connection to make it sticky and seal, like very fine sanding paper. Old ones usually wear a bit smoother, but new ones can be quite rough. I guess it would depend on the wood type how much it would rough it up, but I think it's inevitable that it will roughen up the part of the wood that makes contact with the GonG connection over time.

Someone get this guy a 14,4mm GonG joint for measurement and testing purposes please. Perhaps you could just buy a cheap bowl stand so you have something to work with at least? Would you like me to look up a link for you?

OhTheAgony,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Sure OTA, pls do send me a link and thanks for your input! I did turn a shorty Blackwood Gong stem one time and used the MF water adapter to make sure it fit well. It did and being the blackwood should be tough enough to withstand rough usage.

Ed's TnT,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Well, this is what you'd be simulating.

And this goes on the other end.

It's not as cheap as I was hoping though, I don't know where to find cheaper ones in US shops as a European, anyone?

This is the one I had in mind and use myself.

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom