Vaporbrothers Vaporizer

AssistedLiving

I can't justify spending $400 on something that isn't going to perform noticeably better than a $125 stainless ball head with coil & PID, I'd be surprised if the total cost of the wood & parts in a VB1.5 are even $125, though admittedly, I haven't used a VB in over 20 years.

seedy53

I can't justify spending $400 on something that isn't going to perform noticeably better than a $125 stainless ball head with coil & PID, I'd be surprised if the total cost of the wood & parts in a VB1.5 are even $125, though admittedly, I haven't used a VB in over 20 years.

it's a good reason if that is your main concerned. i listed my reasons. no harm no foul.
if those reasons, i listed, mean little and provide you no justification for spending the extra money, then a bargain is your primary interest. that's cool, many feel that way.
i'll point out there are several special desktop vaporizers that are nearly the same price and a few that are $100 to $100s more.
my main reasons are one of safety, reliability, tasty, low temp extraction, and is medically preferred by many and older people too, who are physically compromised. i'm a hand-spine cripple and old, so simple means a lot to me. lol

Last edited:
seedy53,
Reactions: hoptimum

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
By FC rules I don't say anything negative about other vaporizers, although I see they are very effective and great for what they do.

We're in a different aspect of the industry, though, meant to be on a table or counter, around pets or visitors that could brush by. You can leave the box on round the clock if you like. Protecting the heated parts with a material that doesn't outgas is not the easiest- Currently, we use EU sourced wood to do that.

It's definitely costly for us to keep operating the way we do in the USA, as everything has doubled or tripled in price. The benefit is that when users needed parts or service 5 years after buying from us we are still here honoring the terms and providing replacement parts to keep their vaporizer going indefinitely.

This is a more expensive way of doing business, but since an effective convection vaporizer saves you so much herb usage, (like 1/3 what we needed before) the unit saves you potentially hundreds or thousands over its life. :)

seedy53

By FC rules I don't say anything negative about other vaporizers, although I see they are very effective and great for what they do.

We're in a different aspect of the industry, though, meant to be on a table or counter, around pets or visitors that could brush by. You can leave the box on round the clock if you like. Protecting the heated parts with a material that doesn't outgas is not the easiest- Currently, we use EU sourced wood to do that.

It's definitely costly for us to keep operating the way we do in the USA, as everything has doubled or tripled in price. The benefit is that when users needed parts or service 5 years after buying from us we are still here honoring the terms and providing replacement parts to keep their vaporizer going indefinitely.

This is a more expensive way of doing business, but since an effective convection vaporizer saves you so much herb usage, (like 1/3 what we needed before) the unit saves you potentially hundreds or thousands over its life. :)
the quality and easy and pleasure i get from my new vb1.5 box ball vaporizer and custom ceramic whip is almost to good to be true. i can say this without exaggeration, you who don't have one, are truly missing out. coil based ball vaps run to hot and messy. vb1.5 gives big clouds, sweet, tasty hits without the clutter and burn danger. where have you been in my life. can you tell i'm in love with this vaporizer? lol

seedy53

I wish some of you vaporizer experts, that own the vb1.5 or a modded vb1 to the vb1.5 box ball vap, could demo how much less or more energy is being used in comparison to some of the many coil ball vaps using with the pid's. any takers ? lol
low temp extraction is where the vb1.5 shines.
much less high temps are needed or used with vb1.5, a lot less.
btw- a simple glass elbow hose adapter can be used instead of a mouthpiece, so you can use it with your favorite water or dry bong/bubblier... even a j-hook too.
personally, i prefer just the ceramic whip bowl end and handle with a ceramic mouthpiece on the 3' high temp, medical-grade, silicone hose. you can get glass ends or use glass and ceramic combos.
i prefer their ceramic screen in the bowl over their baked-off impurities, stainless-steel screen. sometimes i use both esp. with concentrates. need to turn unit up a bit, for that.
theirs no taste difference between the 2 either and the ceramic screen is a joy to keep clean.
concentrates are fun to use with vb1.5 and the concentrate pad is provided with the unit or use even a avlp or might+ unit concentrate pads or wire mesh pads. btw-it's not messy either.

seedy53,

seedy53

i wonder why more users don't post more comments. i would like a discussion of vaporizer whip hose types vinyl types , silicone types, latex, rubber hybrids tubes/hoses. what are the advantages and disadvantages are for each type. will 8mm x 11mm silicone tube, d50 hardness, work with vb1/vb1.5 box ball vaps?

seedy53,

timpo17

i wonder why more users don't post more comments. i would like a discussion of vaporizer whip hose types vinyl types , silicone types, latex, rubber hybrids tubes/hoses. what are the advantages and disadvantages are for each type. will 8mm x 11mm silicone tube, d50 hardness, work with vb1/vb1.5 box ball vaps?
Check out the thread 'whip-tubing-all-your-questions-answered' in vapor related equipment for more info. Even if you choose a different ID/OD, you could connect a small amount of right-sized whip to the wrong sized as an adapter. I haven't tried too many different kinds. I'm interested in getting a hookah hose cover to sleeve over the whip for cool color customization. I used to have a vb1 15 years ago. It was a daily driver for a solid year.

Modnote: Edited to move reply from quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:
timpo17,
Reactions: seedy53

seedy53

Check out the thread 'whip-tubing-all-your-questions-answered' in vapor related equipment for more info. Even if you choose a different ID/OD, you could connect a small amount of right-sized whip to the wrong sized as an adapter. I haven't tried too many different kinds. I'm interested in getting a hookah hose cover to sleeve over the whip for cool color customization. I used to have a vb1 15 years ago. It was a daily driver for a solid year.

Modnote: Edited to move reply from quote tags
the new vb1.5 is a game changer. you can buy different color silicone and vinyl tubes on amazon now

Harrier Du Bois

Revachol Citizens Militia
I'd like to try the ball mod on my VB1, but it turns out finding a reasonable source for 4mm borosilicate glass beads in Europe is not that easy. At least for smaller quantities, I don't need 25 kilograms of this stuff. 😅

Harrier Du Bois,

Bababouy

If you are looking for balls in Europe to perform the mod yourself I know Recommended Vape Supply sells both ruby and boro. I’m ready to open mine back up and try zirconia and sic just for fun. I think the sic may hit much harder based on my ball vape experience. Otherwise there is always the option to send it in for upgrade.

Bababouy,

seedy53

If you are looking for balls in Europe to perform the mod yourself I know Recommended Vape Supply sells both ruby and boro. I’m ready to open mine back up and try zirconia and sic just for fun. I think the sic may hit much harder based on my ball vape experience. Otherwise there is always the option to send it in for upgrade.
zirconia would be best, i'll bet.
vaporbrothers offer those balls too, in there upgrades now.
boro, zirconia, sic, and maybe rubies too

seedy53,

Harrier Du Bois

Hm, interesting. This is what Vaporbrothers uses:
Choose beads material:
  • 4 mm Borosilicate Glass- enhanced smooth hit- best overall performance for herb and concentrate
  • 3mm Ceramic- For Experienced Users- Fuller hotter hits- better concentrate performance

Harrier Du Bois,

Sparkpug

I bought a bunch of fittings from VB to make a custom mouth for my pipe and I also got some of their vinyl and silicone tubing. It's a great size and the vinyl is especially nice -its sturdy but bendy. I got some vinyl tubing for beer making on Amazon but the last batch had some kind of residue inside so naturally I would rather just buy tubing from a reputable vendor and VBs seems to be the best of all the ones I've tried. The silicone is nice too but I have a Chug (dog, in pic) and his fur flies everywhere and it just lands right on the silicone.

Their glass tubing adapters are also nice. They feel nice in the hands as a bonus. I have an RBR with an 8mm vinyl VB tube stuffed into the hole in the pipe's mouth and it fits perfectly. The silicone is even tighter but both offer an airtight seal. At the end of the tubing is a 18mm female tubing adapter, and inside that is a Sky Glass Lunar Bubbler mouthpiece.

I would not mind trying a ball modded VB but $400 is a bit expensive.

Sparkpug,

Harrier Du Bois

Thanks for the pointer, this shop has exactly what I need for a reasonable price. Unfortunately, UK is not in the EU anymore and they don't even offer the option to ship to my country. Bummer.

Harrier Du Bois,

Harrier Du Bois

Seems like I caught a lucky break in my quest for 4mm boro balls. I found a local manufacturer that caters to commercial clients and asked if they would make an exception and sell a small quantity directly to consumers. They asked for my address and offered to send me a free sample package. Pretty neat!

I'll make sure to post some pictures and a review here after converting my VB1 to a VB1.5.

seedy53

Seems like I caught a lucky break in my quest for 4mm boro balls. I found a local manufacturer that caters to commercial clients and asked if they would make an exception and sell a small quantity directly to consumers. They asked for my address and offered to send me a free sample package. Pretty neat!

I'll make sure to post some pictures and a review here after converting my VB1 to a VB1.5.
I've been waiting on your vb1.0 to vb1.5 conversion and video or pictures. how did it turn out. i'm waiting with baited breath lol

seedy53,
Reactions: Flow

Harrier Du Bois

I've been waiting on your vb1.0 to vb1.5 conversion and video or pictures. how did it turn out. i'm waiting with baited breath lol
Oh sorry, I didn't think anyone was that interested in it. 😅

The boro balls arrived and the conversion went smoothly. Had a bit of trouble with the 4 mm balls not arranging correctly after dropping them in, but after a few attempts it worked out.

After closing everything up again, I did a dry run by ramping up the temperature to the max over the course of one hour. The idea was to check if the expansion of the glass would cause problems and also to (hopefully) vaporize any impurities.

As someone who enjoys longer sessions, taking a sip here and there, I didn't notice a huge difference to be honest. The biggest change was the temperature scale. I used to start with the knob at 9 o'clock and slowly work my way up to around 12-1 o'clock.

Now I start at 7-8 o'clock, and when I get to 12 o'clock, the taste is already pretty roasty. So I guess the device is now more energy efficient, which is nice. Ideally I would adjust the high and low temp settings, but unfortunately my EU version doesn't have the two potentiometers to perform that adjustment.

Apart from that, I think that the flavor profile of the herbs got a bit more complex. Could be placebo though.
Draw resistance is obviously more restricted after the modification.

In summary, I don't know if the conversion was worth it for my use case. It might make a bigger difference for people who enjoy a couple of huge rips through water, but that is not me.

I did take a few photos, but honestly, the device looks exactly like the VB1.5 on the Vaporbrothers homepage.

seedy53

Oh sorry, I didn't think anyone was that interested in it. 😅

The boro balls arrived and the conversion went smoothly. Had a bit of trouble with the 4 mm balls not arranging correctly after dropping them in, but after a few attempts it worked out.

After closing everything up again, I did a dry run by ramping up the temperature to the max over the course of one hour. The idea was to check if the expansion of the glass would cause problems and also to (hopefully) vaporize any impurities.

As someone who enjoys longer sessions, taking a sip here and there, I didn't notice a huge difference to be honest. The biggest change was the temperature scale. I used to start with the knob at 9 o'clock and slowly work my way up to around 12-1 o'clock.

Now I start at 7-8 o'clock, and when I get to 12 o'clock, the taste is already pretty roasty. So I guess the device is now more energy efficient, which is nice. Ideally I would adjust the high and low temp settings, but unfortunately my EU version doesn't have the two potentiometers to perform that adjustment.

Apart from that, I think that the flavor profile of the herbs got a bit more complex. Could be placebo though.
Draw resistance is obviously more restricted after the modification.

In summary, I don't know if the conversion was worth it for my use case. It might make a bigger difference for people who enjoy a couple of huge rips through water, but that is not me.

I did take a few photos, but honestly, the device looks exactly like the VB1.5 on the Vaporbrothers homepage.
did you replace the ceramic heater with their upgraded heater?

seedy53,

Harrier Du Bois

did you replace the ceramic heater with their upgraded heater?
No, I didn't realize the heater was changed.
All Vaporbrothers Vaporizers feature our exclusive Natural Mineral Heater - an extremely dense and non porous ceramic material that does not expose you to hot metal or other questionable materials. It is the world's first ceramic heating element custom designed for vaporizing.
I think this is the one I already have?

Harrier Du Bois,

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
The VB1.5 box with ball vape is an outstanding vape. I got it out of curiosity after seeing the performance of my newly updated SSV to the baller version with the spherical connector. And they are both excellent vapes for tasting the terps and hitting it heavy as well. You have huge bowls that you can load with as little (or as much) as you like and you get complete extraction. The one thing that I find more attractive to me about the VB is that the default connector is conical so you don't need to use annoying things to hold your bowl and whip in place. They also sell some inexpensive spherical beads that you can put in their water filtration devices (small or large bong) that really help tremendously with cooling down the vapor before it reaches your throat.

seedy53

No, I didn't realize the heater was changed.

I think this is the one I already have?
depends on the age of your vb1.
there is a serial number underneath. get that and email their support to find out. i might be wrong but i thought someone said the heater was upgraded with there vb 1.5, in maybe just for 110volt?

seedy53,

seedy53

still a contender in 2024, vb 1.5 box ball vap is the best desktop i've ever had. i love the ez hands-free version. it has a 16mm glass bowl made with scientific lab grade glassware. oh it does concentrates very well too. the housing is beautiful too.

Top Bottom