Vaporbrothers Vaporizer

Bababouy

@hoptimum i’d recommend trying it especially if you have two! I have yet to combust but cranked all the way up I’m sure I could with a raised screen. The flavor out of the modded vB1 is an upgrade from stock in my opinion and allows for more of a session style vaping experience with ball vape style hits.

I did this 100% impulsively after seeing Bing’s video and now the VB1 is back in my rotation after minimal effort.

Bababouy,
Reactions: seedy53

seedy53

@hoptimum i’d recommend trying it especially if you have two! I have yet to combust but cranked all the way up I’m sure I could with a raised screen. The flavor out of the modded vB1 is an upgrade from stock in my opinion and allows for more of a session style vaping experience with ball vape style hits.

I did this 100% impulsively after seeing Bing’s video and now the VB1 is back in my rotation after minimal effort.
someone i respect told be da Buddha is a better choice because vb1 tilt of the heater. but isn't that a problem for the manual and not the hands free version?

seedy53,

Bababouy

I could see that since it has no angle but I do not have issues due to packing my bowls firmly. I haven’t used a DBV in over a decade and only a few times with at that so I’m not an expert. I simply modified the unit I already have since it was collecting dust.

Bababouy,

seedy53

I could see that since it has no angle but I do not have issues due to packing my bowls firmly. I haven’t used a DBV in over a decade and only a few times with at that so I’m not an expert. I simply modified the unit I already have since it was collecting dust.
you want to get rid of it or sale it?

seedy53,

Bababouy

you want to get rid of it or sale it?
Not after the mod haha, a month ago I would have. I do believe there’s at least one of them in the classifieds currently and i picked mine up on eBay second hand before they really started cracking down again on vape related items.

Bababouy,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
The angle of the heater cover doesn't seem to be an issue with the slight downward angle of the Silver Surfer vs. the 90 degree angle of the Da Buddha.
Yup, have had da Buddha, ssv, vaporbrothers, as well as a hotbox. It was never an issue. I never packed the bowl or anything, maybe a light tamp, but if you use suction to load it, it still doesn’t seem to be an issue. I actually really miss my “coffee” unit. I wonder if Ed could make a wooden bowl and mouthpiece for the whip if I got another..

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
https://www.vaporbrothers.com/VB15 looks like VB took the nod from Bing himself and have released their own units and an upgrade service for existing units. Definitely a good option for those within warranty. I may have to pick up some of those extract discs shortly.
Very cool to see this comment. We're super appreciative of the enthusiast community playing around with our boxes, and Bing, along with Lee from Tabletop Bong who helped convince us to check Bing out. We had an awesome call with him. He may have updated his video to let people know we won't retaliate against anybody for taking their vaporizer apart to modify into a ball vap.
We used to have the fine print on our warranty saying it voids the warranty if you tamper, but that was just for insurance and we never enforced it. Personally, I prefer to encourage fanatics, and support everyone's "right to repair." There are some caveats, like electrocuting yourself or burning up the box if the heater is not held securely in the correct position. We did start offering conversions so you can safely mail your VB1 (now called 1.0) to us and get it upgraded to balls. The hit is awesome.

hoptimum

The common denominator in enhancing the VB, DaBuddha, SSV and Ditanium with beads seems to be the ceramic rod heating element. I’ve also had some early success using beads with the EQ, which also has a ceramic heating element, to enhance performance.

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
The common denominator in enhancing the VB, DaBuddha, SSV and Ditanium with beads seems to be the ceramic rod heating element. I’ve also had some early success using beads with the EQ, which also has a ceramic heating element, to enhance performance.
I assume any material heater would be improved with beads since they increase the surface area by many times. But I do see that thin ceramic rods are the most improved with beads since the surface area of a ceramic rod is small and the ceramic material conducts slower anyway. If you ever need more beads and want to try ceramic I have way too many 3mm that I bought but am only using in our old "standard" model. We're using 4mm clear glass now.

vaporbrothers,

seedy53

vaporbrothers

so you're not using a few 4mm glass beads in the nose of the heater tube and the rest using the 3mm rubies on each side of the flat ceramic oven sticks?
do old used units have a round rod?
if so, if i buy a used unit from you, can i spec-out for my used unit purchase, the flat ceramic heater rod?

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer

vaporbrothers

so you're not using a few 4mm glass beads in the nose of the heater tube and the rest using the 3mm rubies on each side of the flat ceramic oven sticks?
do old used units have a round rod?
if so, if i buy a used unit from you, can i spec-out for my used unit purchase, the flat ceramic heater rod?
Yes I got too much air restriction with 3 and 3.5mm so I had to step it up to a larger size. We're still using a custom flat heater I designed in 2006 since it spreads out the heat and has other benefits we designed into it. I'm limited to using my heater since we tested it for outgassing and don't have any test results for off the shelf heaters. I'd be down to make you a "bro" unit following your instructions on the beads. Although, let me know if I can use my glass (and my heater), or if I have to get rubies (maybe you can mail them to me). Send DM or email our support :)

seedy53

Yes I got too much air restriction with 3 and 3.5mm so I had to step it up to a larger size. We're still using a custom flat heater I designed in 2006 since it spreads out the heat and has other benefits we designed into it. I'm limited to using my heater since we tested it for outgassing and don't have any test results for off the shelf heaters. I'd be down to make you a "bro" unit following your instructions on the beads. Although, let me know if I can use my glass (and my heater), or if I have to get rubies (maybe you can mail them to me). Send DM or email our support :)
i sent you a dm

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
very nice indeed

whip style vapes like the Vapor Brothers, Silver Surfer and Ditanium are fun to tune in either by direct draw or through a bubbler. I've found that with the beads i can dial in a lower temp and achieve a very thorough and efficient roast. Pretty much anything that can be vaporized is, yet nothing is charred.

Thanks to you, I'm seriously considering taking a screw driver to one of my 2 Vapor Brothers. What the hell!
Hi I just noticed your post and wonder if you want to adjust your vaporizer up or down? If you have a watt meter you could check out our instructions how to hack the power control here https://www.vaporbrothers.com/how-to-adjust-the-temperature-of-your-vaporbrothers-vapor-box-vb1 or send the unit to me and I'll adjust it as you like.

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
Hi this is our dm so where did you dm me :) I've been talking to Andres and Delia about what to do about my mistake... We're probably just going to ship out the correct whip today. Don't worry about the wrong whip that's my fault so you can use it for spare parts.

seedy53

Hi this is our dm so where did you dm me :) I've been talking to Andres and Delia about what to do about my mistake... We're probably just going to ship out the correct whip today. Don't worry about the wrong whip that's my fault so you can use it for spare parts.
oh i sent it by fc mail here. sry thank you 4 the whip spare parts. i wrote you to much i fear and contacted support too. i'll stop now. lol

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
oh i sent it by fc mail here. sry thank you 4 the whip spare parts. i wrote you to much i fear and contacted support too. i'll stop now. lol
Oh ha, i mixed up our dms for the forum, lol.

Want to say talking on here is fun for me because I can see what people worry about and address everything directly. ;) So it's all good :) I want to hear the most far out questions people might have. We need to consider (or have already) the same.

seedy53

is there a method or time period, on how often to clean the bowl-head's 2 screens and whip? like every 30 bowls or once a week or something else.??

seedy53,

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
is there a method or time period, on how often to clean the bowl-head's 2 screens and whip? like every 30 bowls or once a week or something else.??
Whenever there is a resistance to airflow through the Whip I at clean it by taking dry hits off the screen at 2 or 3 o'clock on the dial. For proper cleaning, it could be reasonably be once every few weeks, unless you like keeping very very clean. The hose is uncleanable so we have more for replacement.

EZ_whip_diagram.jpg

If you are putting a 2nd screen in (specifically the "Optional 2nd Screen" in the right side of the Whip Grip on this diagram) it clogs quickly and needs to be cleaned often or removed after it's not needed anymore. I only use the 2nd screen to catch herb dust falling through a brand-new ceramic screen, then I take it out.

seedy53

Whenever there is a resistance to airflow through the Whip I at clean it by taking dry hits off the screen at 2 or 3 o'clock on the dial. For proper cleaning, it could be reasonably be once every few weeks, unless you like keeping very very clean. The hose is uncleanable so we have more for replacement.

EZ_whip_diagram.jpg

If you are putting a 2nd screen in (specifically the "Optional 2nd Screen" in the right side of the Whip Grip on this diagram) it clogs quickly and needs to be cleaned often or removed after it's not needed anymore. I only use the 2nd screen to catch herb dust falling through a brand-new ceramic screen, then I take it out.
thank you, your instructions are very helpful and great information. teach my friend.

seedy53

i was asked over in Reddit how vb1.5 box ball vaporizer, could justify it's price when the coil ball vaps are available for under $200?
my answer. can anyone add to it?

it will last forever lol--it's analog
all medical grade parts and 24 years of upgrading
no need for a bong
all made in usa, expensive, safe electronics and whip
less dangerous, less wires, not mass produced-it's hand-made
24/7 support
effective low temp vaping of flower and concentrates-big vapor
100% convection
best tasting, cool smooth vapor
all organic 6 inch ceramic heater injector that is surrounded by 4mm boro glass balls all packed into the injector's glass tube.
everything is medical grade components- lead free solder
custom made whip- chose a hands-free or standard, all glass or ceramic whip parts, high temp silicone or medical standard clear tubing.
get a decent piece grinder, dab tool, screen pick tool, bamboo rod and a small form pad

Top Bottom