Vaphit Quartz Cap -

budski

cantre member
I dig bowl vent holes (drilled my own), but can I still use perforated dyna caps w/ full glass jacket in the wand?

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
FYI, the new version is available on AliExpress.

Tip
Tip w/ stem

Description: "Vaphit X features a XL bowl which is deeper bowl with 6 mini holes at middle, and SS stem which allow loading quartz balls to cool down the steam, this stem has an "X" carbhole and has a mouthpiece which has 10/14mm M/male joint using for bubbler. The quartz cap (1.5mm thickness) is thicker than normal quartz cap (1.0mm thickness), can store more heat for a full extraction."
Gonna get the tip and cao but idk if i should get the stem or not it looks neat

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Gonna get the tip and cao but idk if i should get the stem or not it looks neat
I'm now at the "do I really need any new stems?" phase of just about everything. The idea of thicker quartz appeals but not enough to shell out when I already have 2 OG caps, trwws quartz caps. Maybe when I'm down to my last 1. But as an entry level vape, the new cap and tip and silicone stem might represent the greatest bang for buck right now

Last edited:

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I'm now at the "do I really need any new stems?" phase of just about everything. The idea of thicker quartz appeals but not enough to shell out when I already have 2 OG caps, trwws quartz caps. Maybe when I'm down to my last 1. But as an every level vape, the new cap and tip and silicone stem might represent the greatest bang for buck right now
Yea im at the same point like it definitely seems cool but idk if i need it lol

Sour Dream,

im not a robot

so.. i just ordered one of those, they look intriguing for this this pricepoint and i really i like the dynavap meets good taste concept. thanks to @coolbreeze for pointing me towards this!
so far my butane experience has been limited to dynavap & vapman. any tips on how to best heat this? i plan on using the single torch from my vapman, and i ordered the thicker quartz version set linked to above.

Perfect_Speed4069

Any tips on how to best heat this? i plan on using the single torch from my vapman
In my experience, turn the torch up to max, then heat the bowl through the tip (and definitely not as low down the bowl/fins as you'd usually go for full extraction on a regular DV) whilst turning, until there's an orange glow/shine all round the area of glass you've been heating. Then wait a couple of beats before going in slowly, and building up the speed of your draw. At least that's what I do. I generally use the tip on the glass WPA provided, mounted on a dimpled J hook, as it helps me guage how hard/quickly I can draw without combusting.

But I'm eager to hear what others do.

Dee Based

VAPHIT TIP
Dave from the Rogue Wax Works was once quoted as saying the distance between the top of the bowl and the top of the "cap" was crucial in vaping devices. That there needed to be a specific amount of room between them. IIRC, might have been to provide air flow. I was thinking about that last night, and moved the bottom O-ring on my Vaphit to the "upper" groove. And then I only pulled the glass cap down barely past that O-ring. This left a nice gap between bowl and cap. It tested GREAT - much more vape and a stronger draw. (Can't post the pic but if you click on the white box it will take you to the pic.)

Last edited:

im not a robot

^ interesting, looking forward to trying this out, but looks like it will be a little while until mine gets here.
here is a quite thorough review of the vaphit x, albeit in french if you want to try out youtube's ai auto-translate

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
If you don’t have a Vaphit, you should. I think I may have inadvertently called the Tempest/Anvil/etc lines as the Dyna perfected. I take that back, the Vaphit is the Dyna perfected, the portable thermal battery units are a different game into themselves.

But for real, have been wanting a shorty handle from Ed for my ZX for quite a while, grabbed one from @VGOODIEZ , and couldn’t pass up the Vaphit at the ridiculously low price on 420 special. It arrived minutes ago, and I’m already very happy at my impulse purchase!

If VGeZ has stock left after this sale I will be disappointed in you all :p

ETA: I got the full kit with the Vaphit stem and tossed in a couple of the WPA’s (again, ludicrously low priced). First attempt with a 20 second heat, and one small 8 second reheat produced perfect even tasty extraction! Hope I don’t get cocky and combust now…

Last edited:

im not a robot

I think I may have inadvertently called the Tempest/Anvil/etc lines as the Dyna perfected. I take that back, the Vaphit is the Dyna perfected
id be curious to know how the vaphit & tempest / anvil differ in perfomance?
i received my vaphit yesterday, and i have not much experience i could write about. i very nearly combusted my first time heating it. but other than that i think it went really nice. i have paired the small holed cap with one of the hulu stems i like using for my woodscents, and while i know the draw resistance will be too high for some, i find it perfect as i like mouth to lung. and with the way the cap retains heat this is probably as close to a joint like experience i could hope for. i imagine that the thermal accumulator / tempest / anvil / dani can all create a similar experience re this, but for 40€ for a complete set i am not sure i need to try anything else.
what i will need to buy is a different lighter i think. maybe a 3 jet is what is called for? id like something portable i can take outside with me. using my vapman lighter at full throttle resulted in weird sputters and cutouts, so i had to dial it back to a medium-small flame and found it pretty hard to judge how long to heat. but i only tried once so obviously this will simply need practice.
so while this is a premature post really, first impression is really good!

Timps27

I think you’ve assessed things well. Tempest/Anvil are the next iteration from this level, larger bowls, larger thermal battery, denser vapor. I mostly run my Tempest on a WPA, the Vaphit is nice for just sipping and MTL hits as you say. I have the DNA stem and am really enjoying it, the natural position it rests in your hand is also very joint like, so added to the ritual/ambiance. I think if you are okay with the draw resistance, vapor level and heat retention of the Vaphit you don’t need the bigger thermal battery. They would allow for extended MTL sessions between reheat and/or more dense vapor with a more open draw.

I have been using my single flame Firefox Blazer, and it has been fantastic. I haven’t tried the below dual flame with the Vaphit yet, but I picked them up recently and they work fantastic with my Dyna’s and my Convector! Seems like it would work well with Vaphit, I should give them a go.

ETA: Gave the Honest dual flame/Vaphit a go with coffee this morn, another good combo, maybe better suited than the Blazer. The draw restriction is too much for me to use it on water, but it’s a treat on a dry pipe!

Last edited:

im not a robot

it has been fantastic
thank you for your detailed answer re differences with those other vapes. not sure if and how much of a difference this makes, but i believe the quartz caps i have are thicker than the ones that shipped with the earlier models. anyway i had all sunday to play with the vaphit, and it really is a lot of fun. heating is not as complicated as i originally thought it would be. probably when heating for such a long time the margin for error is a bit more lenient. results have differed and are somewhat more organic than having a click to (dis-)respect, but vapman has been one of my primary vapes these past years so thats fine.
i dont have the best material here atm, but taste seems good. much better than dynavap, but so far not as good as some other devices i have tried, but this could be down to technique that surely still needs improving. at some point i should do a side by side comparison with my woodscents as the vapor path is identical and the ws is hands down my best tasting vape. i am bit baffled how this taste thing works exactly tbh.
great is how easy the vaphit extracts, grind size does not seem to matter, and whole nugs work fine. i have yet to try hash & am looking forward to it. all in all this is without question the best value for money vape i own, and i am pretty confident this will stay high up in my rotation as it just is so enjoyable to use. probably the best joint like experience i have ever had with a vaporiser. great purchase.

maremaresing

I got my vaphit a week or two, combusted first time, and put it away (clean). I really need to give it another chance, and now need to try it with hash.

Anyone else find these orings are really soft and weak? They keep coming off the ridges when I take the cap off, or bunching up. Basically going anywhere but where they are supposed to.

To be fair, it was $10. So I don't expect much from it.

Perfect_Speed4069

Anyone else find these orings are really soft and weak?
I wonder if there's been some QC issues following your quickly these got popular? I was lucky to buy early v1 from AliEx and had zero probs. Similarly v2.

That said, they supplied a gazillion replacement o rings of bafflingly similar size, which suggests they knew something might be afoot.

Also, I always count to 5 before my first toke on these thingsb after I finish heating (because that's generally a good margin of error)

Timps27

I have had the orings slip, but noticed if I wet them slightly prior to putting on the cap it doesn’t seem to happen as often.

Also, as many who use this may have experience with a Dyna you should note the “zones” for heating on the cap are inverted. E.g. on a Dyna cap generally heating out toward the tip gives flavor, and down near the base gives roast. On the Vaphit out on the tip is for roasting, down at the intake holes is for flavor. And time as well, if I go 20 seconds at the air holes it’s a very light roast with thinner vapor, vs. 20 seconds mid-bowl level is a dark roast for me.

I really enjoy it most on my Cactus dry pipe, nice too as I had originally bought the Ca thus for Lotus but it doesn’t fit.

It’s a really great little vape!

maremaresing

Thanks for the kindness and care in providing usage tips! I gave it another try last night, using a small duel torch lighter, with these tips, and WOW.

1. I. Get. It. (vaphit)
  2. I. Get. It. (hash!)
  3. All those orings are clutch, and I love cobbling things together and don't have any of these sizes. So I'm just thrilled to have them, whatever the quality.

Used it dry with my cute little TAG rig that I got recently and also hadn't enjoyed. But this pairing is a match made in heaven. It's tiny, compact, the orings for the cap don't have to be a friction fit because gravity keeps the cap on.

I've had good results with the Dani for hash, but poor results with everything else I'd tried. Even the Dani doesn't come close to the extraction and vapor production I got out of the vaphit. No burning, and thick milky terpy vapor that keeps on coming forever off one heatup.

My god hash is something special. Using the Holy City Farms dry sift pucks and glad I found a solid solution for hash because I have a lot of those pucks to go through.

I simply do not understand how something this small has this much thermal mass and can smoothly extract this well. I totally went back to Vgoodies to get more glass caps in case I break mine. Gotta keep this lil guy going for some time to come.

Yay Vaporizers!

Top Bottom