Underdog Log Vapes

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
the big dipper underdog GIF

Please give me the strength of the Mighty Underdog to resist buying another Underdog. Although, I'm still not in double figure UD ownership yet, so it probably won't hurt to look, right?

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Ok!! We are getting ready to go live with the new pieces. This time, we're giving you guys more head's up so that everyone has a little more opportunity to get ready. :D

Also- there will be a few pieces in the VIP Lab this go-around, but more to come next week! That will include some minis that didn't quite make it into this batch. So if you want to view VIP pieces, you'll need to create an account on our website and get in touch with me to move you into the VIP customer group. (Must own an UD vape, new or used. VIP is Vape In Possession)

Site will go live at 5pm Oregon USA time tonight, so one hour from now!

Happy Friday & Happy Vaping!

EDIT: Ready, Set, Go! It's live :p

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Hi, all, I hope you can help me decide, does it make sense in this day and age to consider an SC3 (there's one I like)? It would be my first Dog and third log (Couch Log and Woodscents on the way). On the one hand it seems seriously surpassed by the SC3+ and the Alphas, on the other I don't mind a sipper as long as it's not a struggle. I understand that the Alphas may be able to use the CL's bowls, etc. If one was to get an SC3, which stems would be best? Can it do an acceptable bong hit or would it mostly just be for direct hits?

Thanks!

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Hi, all, I hope you can help me decide, does it make sense in this day and age to consider an SC3 (there's one I like)? It would be my first Dog and third log (Couch Log and Woodscents on the way). On the one hand it seems seriously surpassed by the SC3+ and the Alphas, on the other I don't mind a sipper as long as it's not a struggle. I understand that the Alphas may be able to use the CL's bowls, etc. If one was to get an SC3, which stems would be best? Can it do an acceptable bong hit or would it mostly just be for direct hits?

Thanks!
What's your use case for logs? Passing it around with others? Back to back rips? Cloud chasing? If you vape like me, leisurely sipping by myself with the wife stealing some of my low temp terpenes on occasion, then the SC3 will meet your needs. I have SC3 Dogs, ACXL, Alpha, SC3+, and it matters not which one I grab, they all meet my needs. The SC3+ Stinger is on the way, just because.

I can confirm that my Alpha fits perfectly on my Dfreez CL bowls. Allows me to still use smaller loads with the more powerful Alpha when I want. Hope this helps.

coolbreeze

What's your use case for logs? Passing it around with others? Back to back rips? Cloud chasing? If you vape like me, leisurely sipping by myself with the wife stealing some of my low temp terpenes on occasion, then the SC3 will meet your needs. I have SC3 Dogs, ACXL, Alpha, SC3+, and it matters not which one I grab, they all meet my needs. The SC3+ Stinger is on the way, just because.

I can confirm that my Alpha fits perfectly on my Dfreez CL bowls. Allows me to still use smaller loads with the more powerful Alpha when I want. Hope this helps.
I think the CL could cover my cloud-chasing needs and probably the WS the intermediate, and the Dog for sipping, I guess, in this case. I'm pretty happy with a Vapman or MFLB so my hope would be that the SC3 would be a decent fit. I'm sort of concerned with the bowl sizes, specifically can the heater keep up with the airy glass stems? Are some stems better or worse for the SC3 due to the size/power limitations?

nicknobody

I think the CL could cover my cloud-chasing needs and probably the WS the intermediate, and the Dog for sipping, I guess, in this case. I'm pretty happy with a Vapman or MFLB so my hope would be that the SC3 would be a decent fit. I'm sort of concerned with the bowl sizes, specifically can the heater keep up with the airy glass stems? Are some stems better or worse for the SC3 due to the size/power limitations?
This is from an email with underdogette before I got my alpha about a year ago

“As for the performance between the SC3 and SC3+, the SC3+ will have a faster recovery time and a bit longer life span on the wooden vape body before it gets too charred out, though we still recommend 30-60 seconds between hits for best results. Everyone is different though and your mileage may vary up or down. I would definitely get the SC3+ if you can, especially with the prices they're at right now.”

I love my alpha. I enjoy having the option for the glass micro dose stem (slightly smaller than the standard) and being able to use the big bowls. It fills up a small bub or a hook effortlessly. Can’t comment on the other. Currently I’m torn on waiting for a mini next week or snagging a sc3+ now..

Edit:
I have read in this thread that ppl with the sc3 and sc3+ have nothing bad to say about the regular sc3.

My Alpha has shelved my B0. It’s a much more enjoyable experience for me.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

This is from an email with underdogette before I got my alpha about a year ago

“As for the performance between the SC3 and SC3+, the SC3+ will have a faster recovery time and a bit longer life span on the wooden vape body before it gets too charred out, though we still recommend 30-60 seconds between hits for best results. Everyone is different though and your mileage may vary up or down. I would definitely get the SC3+ if you can, especially with the prices they're at right now.”

I love my alpha. I enjoy having the option for the glass micro dose stem (slightly smaller than the standard) and being able to use the big bowls. It fills up a small bub or a hook effortlessly. Can’t comment on the other. Currently I’m torn on waiting for a mini next week or snagging a sc3+ now..

Edit:
I have read in this thread that ppl with the sc3 and sc3+ have nothing bad to say about the regular sc3.

My Alpha has shelved my B0. It’s a much more enjoyable experience for me.
Thank you, this also really helps. I had previously kind of decided I wouldn't get anything less than an Alpha, but I do really like this particular SC3 and wouldn't mind having one for a specific or narrow use since I will have others that can cover the rest of the spectrum. Maybe a few SC3-lovers will weigh in...

friedrich

Little-Known Member
I've been meaning to post about the beautiful Figured Black Walnut Alpha Dog that I got back in September. It didn't take long to love it! It's always ready to deliver a great session of massive, flavorful hits, since I never turn it off when I'm at home and awake.

I got a variety of stems with it, but after trying them out a little bit, pretty much the only one I use is the big Alpha spiked cooling stem. I usually load around 40-80 mg ground flower (I weighed a few times but generally just eyeball it or count scoops, so it varies a lot), take a few short draws to start for the taste, which comes through wonderfully, then finish in a couple more big hits.

The biggest drawback for me, although in this case I don't mind it much, is the need to stir. I always have a bit of a hot spot in the middle with a ring of less-cooked material around it and have to stir a few times during the session to get it evenly browned. It's also not great with back-to-back bowls; it works but needs some idle warmup time before it'll powerfully extract and brown again like it does with the first few hits of a session.

The included screens are a bit coarser than I'd like; with my grind, they let a lot of particles through, so I added a few layers of ruby balls between the bowl screen and another underneath. It helps a lot, keeps the rest of the stem much cleaner, but the rubies and screens themselves require fairly frequent (but easy) cleaning.

Anyway, I'm really curious about the new Stinger cores. If they eliminate the need to stir, I might need to consider getting one!

Last edited:

warren0728

Thank you, this also really helps. I had previously kind of decided I wouldn't get anything less than an Alpha, but I do really like this particular SC3 and wouldn't mind having one for a specific or narrow use since I will have others that can cover the rest of the spectrum. Maybe a few SC3-lovers will weigh in...
i have my SC3+ in the living room where it gets passed back and forth between 2 people … i have my SC3 in my office where i usually use it by myself … but honestly we used the SC3 in the living room before we got the SC3+ and it worked just fine

coolbreeze

i have my SC3+ in the living room where it gets passed back and forth between 2 people … i have my SC3 in my office where i usually use it by myself … but honestly we used the SC3 in the living room before we got the SC3+ and it worked just fine
Thank you. Do you have stem preferences for it? Any you don't like? Gong or Nong preference? Appreciate the help!

warren0728

Thank you. Do you have stem preferences for it? Any you don't like? Gong or Nong preference? Appreciate the help!
i use their glass dimpled cooling stem in the living room and the nylon with stainless steel tip in my office (smaller bowl size) … i don’t use them with a rig … i really love my dogs and dave and amanda are awesome people!

coolbreeze

i use their glass dimpled cooling stem in the living room and the nylon with stainless steel tip in my office (smaller bowl size) … i don’t use them with a rig … i really love my dogs and dave and amanda are awesome people!
I'm always happy to see activity in this thread, it's got such a nice vibe. Not to mention helpful aficionados and very tempting logs!

Zagala

Then i would say the SC3, and maybe an Alpha if VAS kicks around next. I started with an SC3 Special, then another, then and then I added an SC3+, an Alpha mini, an Alpha, an Alpha +!!! I am still amazed at how the SC3 can pleasantly surprise you for flavour, and yes for power if you want, I always have one plugged to a VVPS. They are versatile as other logs and the more powerful ones but for what you are looking for in a dedicated sipping mode they will deliver. I like the stainless steel thin stems, the raw and the NonG - sometime I put hash in there. My preferred stems are the paper tubes inspired by Alan, he made a few for me for both the heat island and the SC3, but now I make my own. Sorry for the long talk, and hope you’ll soon enjoy the SC3 you spotted.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Then i would say the SC3, and maybe an Alpha if VAS kicks around next. I started with an SC3 Special, then another, then and then I added an SC3+, an Alpha mini, an Alpha, an Alpha +!!! I am still amazed at how the SC3 can pleasantly surprise you for flavour, and yes for power if you want, I always have one plugged to a VVPS. They are versatile as other logs and the more powerful ones but for what you are looking for in a dedicated sipping mode they will deliver. I like the stainless steel thin stems, the raw and the NonG - sometime I put hash in there. My preferred stems are the paper tubes inspired by Alan, he made a few for me for both the heat island and the SC3, but now I make my own. Sorry for the long talk, and hope you’ll soon enjoy the SC3 you spotted.
I have a couple of those paper stems from Alan. Any tutorials posted on how to make them?

coolbreeze

Thank you so much, I appreciate all your comments. I'm not sure i understand what you mean by the raw stem, but it sounds like you prefer the smaller diameter, 'male' bowls. Is it because they mate well or because you prefer the smaller loads? Both? It sounds like if you can roast hash well there's plenty of power. I hadn't thought about the paper tubes but that's a terrific idea.
I have a couple of those paper stems from Alan. Any tutorials posted on how to make them?
Yeah, I've seen his posts but a tutorial would be great.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Edit - Also I think that Alan has a roasting tubes thread.

Zagala

There you go. Thanks @Grass Yes. As for tutorial, Alan directed me as follows and I later tried to be creative my own ways (see pics) but the process is the same:
Draw the paper over a sharp edge to cause it to curl like you do with a ribbon. Wrap the strip of paper around the 3/8" ss tube and then push the tube to one end of the paper. Even the ends of the tube by setting it vertically on a table and pushing down on the top end of the tube. Install the center ring first on the end with the ss tube at the end to give it support. Slide the ring to the center position and then install the roasting end silicone ring before sliding the ss tube to the other end of the paper tube. Install the mouthpiece silicone tube and then slide the ss tube out. Insert the screen to the appropriate depth and happy roasting. You can use a 10mm glass tube or glass nipple as a mouthpiece tube in the silicone tube. After the 10mm glass tube is a bit dirty, you can use a hemp fiber filter in it. The fiber will slide in the glass unless it is dirty with oil”.

Razhumikin

Ok!! We are getting ready to go live with the new pieces. This time, we're giving you guys more head's up so that everyone has a little more opportunity to get ready. :D

Also- there will be a few pieces in the VIP Lab this go-around, but more to come next week! That will include some minis that didn't quite make it into this batch. So if you want to view VIP pieces, you'll need to create an account on our website and get in touch with me to move you into the VIP customer group. (Must own an UD vape, new or used. VIP is Vape In Possession)

Site will go live at 5pm Oregon USA time tonight, so one hour from now!

Happy Friday & Happy Vaping!

EDIT: Ready, Set, Go! It's live :p
Is there a particular day this week that the rest of VIP lab pieces will get posted? I can always add another mini to my collection.

Top Bottom