Underdog Log Vapes

darkrom

Great Scott!
Dave I can safely say that the original underbutter i had wasn't even 1/2 as good as this. I feel like I've never used it before at all even. The shine and protection is fantastic. I know it's dumb to get excited about but I'm pretty happy with this. Really "seals" the deal :brow:

darkrom,
Yup, customer service has been top notch.

I'm actually considering using the current underbutter to condition the neck of a guitar. I usually use a mix of extra virgin olive oil and vitamin E but am on the fence this time since the Underbutter seems so nice.

charliedontsurf,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
A friend and longtime customer dropped a surprise treat off today fresh from the garden.. it's a good time of year to live in NorCal!

Next to the caddy, waiting to be cleaned up a bit:
Surprise1.JPG

Mediocre close-up:
Surprise2.JPG

underdog,

gvape

Im more interested what you got pictured on the left! Those dogs look so chill in the picture. They are so perfect looking for water pipes! I want one....or a few :p

gvape,

underdog

Manufacturer
gvape said:
Im more interested what you got pictured on the left! Those dogs look so chill in the picture. They are so perfect looking for water pipes! I want one....or a few :p

Then you'd best stay tuned.. the next month or two will have more Twigs coming to the website. :)

underdog,

turtles

underdog said:
gvape said:

Then you'd best stay tuned.. the next month or two will have more Twigs coming to the website. :)
very cool, do they come in the larger heater core style, or are they all the smaller one akin to the BDAY vapes?

turtles,

underdog

Manufacturer
turtles said:
underdog said:
gvape said:

very cool, do they come in the larger heater core style, or are they all the smaller one akin to the BDAY vapes?

They come in both small and large core, as stroh pointed out the Cebil one pictured is a large core while the Cherry one pictured is a small core.

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:
yeah never understood why you put the plug on the bottom :hmm:

Because the Twigs are so thin that the plug physically won't fit sideways, it would literally stick all the way through the piece. Ask and you shall receive (answers)... :brow:

underdog,
is that way you are you created that stand? I was looking at those little cebils to fit in my pocket but I now the twigs would be much better for that. Ill end up snagging the first 3/8 twig in this case.

biojuggernaut,

underdog

Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:
is that way you are you created that stand? I was looking at those little cebils to fit in my pocket but I now the twigs would be much better for that. Ill end up snagging the first 3/8 twig in this case.

Yep that's why the caddy. When one isn't plugged in it sits in the upright spot, when it is plugged in it lays in the cradle.

underdog,
I will make sure to have GUAP to drop if you ever wanted to sell that as a 300 dollar package. It would be cool to have a big one to accomodate my bell too! Doesn't the heatsink heat unevenly however?

biojuggernaut,

underdog

Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:
I will make sure to have GUAP to drop if you ever wanted to sell that as a 300 dollar package. It would be cool to have a big one to accomodate my bell too! Doesn't the heatsink heat unevenly however?

I'll be having more Twigs pretty soon and caddies and all sorts of other awesome stuff.. prepare for a GUAP drop :lol:

Oh and no the heatsink doesn't heat unevenly.. it's just fine.. I have hundreds of hours of use with mine to verify that haha..

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm strongly considering selling my nice new stainless steel solo to get a custom twig made. I don't see how else I'd pull it off. We will see.

darkrom,

underdog

Manufacturer
darkrom said:
I'm strongly considering selling my nice new stainless steel solo to get a custom twig made. I don't see how else I'd pull it off. We will see.

Which one is the SS Solo? Don't you like it? How much do they sell for?

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
The airizer solo is pretty good, but I am kinda going more "natural" with everything lately. I like the idea of using my underdog and when I really have no power like in the woods I can use my MFLB. They fixed the problems with the ceramic bowl by changing it to stainless, but I just don't know enough about how it's made to be happy. They charged $300 originally, but from what I heard tonight on the FC chat they are selling them brand new for $180 now, although that may be with the ceramic bowl. It may be a harder sell than I thought, but I'll figure it out. I'd definitely rather have a 1/4 UD added to my collection than my solo at this point. All wood vapes once I do that :brow:

darkrom,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The SS solo is on sale at the manufacture for 199 right now.
Look around on the web, there are used ones out there for 150 as well.

Vitolo,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I thought this was the Underdog thread.

I'm looking forward to receiving my new power supply from Dave so I can give my UD a whirl. I'm hoping that the glass stem will make the experience more enjoyable as well. Run, mailman RUN!!

:peace:

Stu,

McNerdius

god of nerds
Vitolo said:
The SS solo is on sale at the manufacture for 199 right now.
Look around on the web, there are used ones out there for 150 as well.

What URL do you speak of ? I haven't been able to find it on arizer.com yet :(

Otherwise, just to throw it out there to any readers, if it's www dot arizer solo vaporizer dot org, this site appears to be a scam site, much like the one that was pointed out regarding the Cloud not to long ago. It states a "full one year" warranty, whereas the warranty is in actuality 2 years, as well as linking to a site claiming to sell the Cloud, which clearly isn't legit.

McNerdius,
I bet you'll like your Underdog, Stu.

Solo is a good vape crippled by bad flavor and to a much lesser extent the battery life. I've had 3 now, 2 ceramics and one SS, and they all have an off flavor. A Plasticky-hot transformery-old sea shelly kind of smell. I'm using it less and less because of the flavor, because I have great vapes like the Underdog and LSV at home, and the MFLB does on the run and IMO has good to great flavor if you use proper technique. It really is excellently efficient and gives great clouds for a portable, and it's a shame that it tastes like it does. It's possible only some solos smell, or that only some people are sensitive to it, or..?

To keep things more on topic, I've been using my UD quite regularly. and it's been a real workhorse. Heat up time is roughly 25 minutes with the 12V, and I've had it running for 4 to 6 straight hours a day with no apparent issues. Vapor production is huge - better than the Solo, for comparisons sake - denser than the DBV or LSV for a similar pack, almost Supreme dense. This vapor output is of course helped by the very generous air flow. My only complaint is that I wish this Underdog had a dial! I have a 13V on the way to crank up the heat, so that should rectify my only complaint of not being quiiiite hot enough for my tastes. My UD continues to impress both me and others, and I've taken to just leaving it out sans stem at all times.

charliedontsurf,

gvape

charliedontsurf said:
I bet you'll like your Underdog, Stu.

Solo is a good vape crippled by bad flavor and to a much lesser extent the battery life. I've had 3 now, 2 ceramics and one SS, and they all have an off flavor. A Plasticky-hot transformery-old sea shelly kind of smell. I'm using it less and less because of the flavor, because I have great vapes like the Underdog and LSV at home, and the MFLB does on the run and IMO has good to great flavor if you use proper technique. It really is excellently efficient and gives great clouds for a portable, and it's a shame that it tastes like it does. It's possible only some solos smell, or that only some people are sensitive to it, or..?

To keep things more on topic, I've been using my UD quite regularly. and it's been a real workhorse. Heat up time is roughly 25 minutes with the 12V, and I've had it running for 4 to 6 straight hours a day with no apparent issues. Vapor production is huge - better than the Solo, for comparisons sake - denser than the DBV or LSV for a similar pack, almost Supreme dense. This vapor output is of course helped by the very generous air flow. My only complaint is that I wish this Underdog had a dial! I have a 13V on the way to crank up the heat, so that should rectify my only complaint of not being quiiiite hot enough for my tastes. My UD continues to impress both me and others, and I've taken to just leaving it out sans stem at all times.

You just made me quite happy I never pulled the trigger and got a solo... that taste issue would be a huge turn off. Enough with this solo talk.

I do like using the 13v switch, but today the 13v was too hot for me. It just sort of had an uneven coloring on the material and needed to be mixed a bit more. Stuck to 12v the rest of the day. Makes me think about getting that $70 power supply since I have so many log vapes now.....

Stu said:
I thought this was the Underdog thread.

I'm looking forward to receiving my new power supply from Dave so I can give my UD a whirl. I'm hoping that the glass stem will make the experience more enjoyable as well. Run, mailman RUN!!

:peace:

I also cant wait for the glass stem, I think that will be the only way I actually use this thing dry. Otherwise I like using it way too much with water. Please make that mailman go faster... I dont want to be patient!

gvape,
Top Bottom