Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
Woah ! :D I never thought i would love a dog.. but this one is for sure stoner's best friend..
My first impressions:
This is a very friendly (user friendly too ) vaporizer..
It looks nice .. and is small ,so small that i can obscure it in my palm :).
Extracts herb very well without combustion. and like it bettter than the DBV for vape bonging..
I am getting half the heat power of my magic wand... for 12 v 5 w compared to 200 w magick wand..
The smaller load is what makes this vape efficient .. IMO Underdog is great for a daily driver ,cause you conserve, still getting clouds, funny in a positive way taste.. Not as clean as the GONG magick wand.. but better than my DBV.. Also have to mention that it doesnt kill the whole taste on the first two bong drawl as MW and DBV does.. :) ..
The high from my Underdog is also different .. magical ... unique..
There is some magic for sure because on my try .. I tried with and empty stem so i can check for any taste or smth like that.. Any way the air was fresh warm and nice .. and my nose is pretty sensitive.. so .. ;)
The weird thing was that i got a bit high... when i hit the empty stem .. May be it was placebo effect or a flashback .. don't know..
Wow i just saw this post .. i did forget to post it .. i hardly remember writing it :) .

Finally you're up and running, an official pack member.. congrats!

Thanks for taking part in the design contest and being so patient while we turned your idea into reality, sometimes these things take longer than we plan and this was one of those cases. I do think it turned out great though if I do say so myself. :D

underdog,

los

if im going to be home all day or most of it then my unit stays on for 8+ hrs. on the weekends my unit is on say 12 hrs and on weekdays 6-8 hrs, i hope it can handle this...so far so good :ko:. my unit takes roughly 40 mins to get where i like it to be so turning it off and on isnt really an option, this may not be the case for everyone though.

heat wise my unit seems ok i guess, ive never owned a log vape before so i am unsure of what to expect. im interested in the variable power supply but ill wait for others to post there findings.

overall though i am extremely happy with my BDay pup! couldnt have asked for more....thanks dave for the opportunity

los,

underdog

Manufacturer
@ los - glad to hear things are working out for you and that you're able to leave your piece on without problems. Did I already ask you about which power supply you have? Which one is it?

We have a pack member getting ready to leave the den:
dc74d0c86dcd672c97ffa2f6a2bb6dbe.jpg

Also, the power supplies arrived a day early and are now being tested:
PS-Testing.JPG

After making sure the new supplies are working as well as they should I'll start getting them ready to send out. Thanks for the patience everyone... :peace:

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Dave did you get your aqua vape yet?

Are you guys leaving your stems on the heater core between hits, or do you pull it out between hits? I just realized my friend leaves the stem attached and just picks it up and hits it. I feel like I should be removing it between hits. Is either one preferred?

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
los said:
im interested in the variable power supply but ill wait for others to post there findings.

What do you want to know specifically? I have one. It can cut the heat time down and it can vape at hotter temps. I rarely use it for anything other than to heat the vape up quicker then swap to the standard plug to keep it at a steady 12v. That and for vaping pressed kief I went higher voltage, but it may be a better idea to just make one stem dedicated to hash/kief if that is something you do often and place the screen lower on the stem which will increase the heat on the hash without increasing the voltage.

darkrom,

underdog

Manufacturer
@ darkrom - nope haven't recieved the AquaVape yet.. should be here any day though. I like to take my stem off between hits but it doesn't really matter I suppose, it might wear the stem out quicker but they're meant to be replaceable anyways so...

Re: variable power supplies.. the one from Radio Shack that was posted the other day is very cool and I like how it is variable between 3-13v. I wish it had more power so it didn't have to run so close to max-spec but that's probably just my conservative engineer side talking. In a perfect world I prefer a higher-end bench supply that includes an ammeter so you can see how much power your piece is drawing and have much finer controls over the output voltage. I think this one is a good affordable example of one of those and is a 'little brother' to the bench supply I use that you can see in some of my pics. Mastech HY1803 Variable Power Supply

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
darkrom said:
The 13v max means no fires or broken vapes though in a worst case scenario.

Exactly, which is one of the things that makes the simpler one so nice..

A power supply with capacity for higher voltage and more power requires more oversight and cautition that is for sure! I think people need to identify their real needs and how reliably they think the will be able to remember to monitor the voltage they have the piece on and choose one that best fits them.

::edited to add:: > Wow these new power supplies are kicking ass! I'm very happy that I decided to bite the bullet and buy the higher quality, regulated 15w one! This way they won't have to run right at the limits of their specs.

underdog,

los

@dave: i have this one dave as per my part #. is there anything smaller than that power supply you posted? ive been trying to do some research on which variable to get if i get one and if its worth it to spend say 70+ bucks on a power supply for my vape. also dave i am interested in that aquavape or something similar, my UD can let off some heat lol ive been using the 4" stem with an adjusted screen location to get the heat down...my throat gets irritated rather quickly but this is not something that just happens to me with my UD it happens when i combust, when i vape, basically when ever heat is introduce with out any cooling/lubrication just not as bad as with my UD.

@darkrom: i would like to kick it up a notch at night and get that high temp sleep vape, do you notice a difference in vaping at a higher temp? im happy with the power im getting right now honestly....i just would like the option to vape at a higher temp when i cant sleep. my UD has been putting me to sleep quite well but i would love to hear your results on that.

edit: to add to my post, sorry i was baked :D

los,

underdog

Manufacturer
los said:
@dave: i have this one dave as per my part #. is there anything smaller than that power supply you posted? ive been trying to do some research on which variable to get if i get one and if its worth it to spend say 70+ bucks on a power supply for my vape. also dave i am interested in that aquavape or something similar, my UD can let off some heat lol ive been using the 4" stem with an adjusted screen location to get the heat down...my throat gets irritated rather quickly but this is not something that just happens to me with my UD it happens when i combust, when i vape, basically when ever heat is introduce with out any cooling/lubrication.

Alright you got one of the good power supplies los so that's good news.

A smaller variable would be the one that I used to stock on the website, they are pretty good but don't have an ammeter so not as good as the larger one I posted. They've been reliable for me, bio's is the first I've had fail out of about 20-25 of them. TekPower HY1502 variable power supply

I'll let you guys know when the AquaVape shows up and how it works out...

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
@LOS - I am apparently one of the few people who doesn't see real extreme differences in effects after changing up the temp. IDK honestly. The only time I up it is for hash really.

Thanks Dave I can't wait to finally try some water filtration on this thing!

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Dave I just got the dropper and the underbutter from Joe...thanks :D

This has to be a new formula for the underbutter right? The other one is pretty solid and doesn't apply well. This new batch went on like a breeze!

Thanks again.

darkrom,

underdog

Manufacturer
darkrom said:
Dave I just got the dropper and the underbutter from Joe...thanks :D

This has to be a new formula for the underbutter right? The other one is pretty solid and doesn't apply well. This new batch went on like a breeze!

Thanks again.

No prob, glad to help out.. :brow:

Yeah this is a new batch and I raised the ratio of (walnut) oil to make it slightly easier to apply. We're now using locally sourced organic oil and wax for our finish, we've got to support our local communities however we can.

The increased oil might make it slightly more likely to smoke if over-applied or if it gets too close to the heat-port but if that happens it won't hurt anything and will burn itself off after a bit no worries.

underdog,

los

dave, what can we use/buy to make screens? i would like to start experimenting before i actually need them. im probably gonna order some tubing as well, whats a good price per foot? and is it just food grade silicone tubing or something else?

los,

underdog

Manufacturer
los said:
dave, what can we use/buy to make screens? i would like to start experimenting before i actually need them. im probably gonna order some tubing as well, whats a good price per foot? and is it just food grade silicone tubing or something else?

Did you get a bum power supply? If I'm sending you a replacement one I could put some screens and stuff in there for you. I'll also be adding screen 'kits' to the site in the next day or two that have screens, tube, a tool for pushing into place, etc.

As far as vendors and supplies here are some leads:

For cheaper tubing in 1/4" size I like this (but they only sell in 10' increments
US Plastic 1/4" tubing

For heavy duty 1/4" tubing (what I make the included stems with) this is the vendor
McMaster-Carr 1/4" tubing

For screens I use 1/2" for the large core stems and 3/8" for the smaller core, for tinkering you could probably buy 1/2" screens and cut them down with scissors to whatever size you want.
Here's both sizes on eBay:
1/2" screens (eBay)
3/8" screens (eBay)

You should also be able to buy stainless screens of these sizes at your local head-shop and probably high-temp silicone tubing at a hardware store or maybe even the head-shop too.

Anyways hope that helps.

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Dave my 3/8" core heats faster.. than 30 + (thats written on the note..) It is ready to fog in 15 minutes. :)
I don't know if that has smth to do with the small dimensions ... or with 220-240 v network or that my core is not standart , u said it was custom made cuz the standart one didn't fit as you said .

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
Dave my 3/8" core heats faster.. than 30 + (thats written on the note..) It is ready to fog in 15 minutes. :)
I don't know if that has smth to do with the small dimensions ... or with 220-240 v network or that my core is not standart , u said it was custom made cuz the standart one didn't fit as you said .

The 30+ I wrote on there was just an estimate.. looks like you scored good then. Hope you're enjoying it... :cool:

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
Ok peeps all the replacement power supply packages are boxed, labeled and shipping today.

Thanks for bearing with me and being patient.

Enjoy! :peace:

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
underdog said:
Ok peeps all the replacement power supply packages are boxed, labeled and shipping today.

That was fast...it takes certain other companies I've used in the past longer than that to even acknowledge an issue or reply to an email :lol:

darkrom,

underdog

Manufacturer
darkrom said:
underdog said:

That was fast...it takes certain other companies I've used in the past longer than that to even acknowledge an issue or reply to an email :lol:

Haha thanks, I definitely don't want to be like that!

underdog,

stroh

errl enthusiast
Underdog aromatherapy definitely stands out amongst those "other companies" with its incredible service and family business feel. these are few and far between these days, and i've really come to appreciate Dave's hard work and presence here on these boards; i know i'm talking to a real dude who has a strong passion for his products, and not just some uninterested customer service representative.

stroh,

gvape

I agree, the customer service provided by Underdog is top notch. If you want a good vape AND good customer service this is the right place to be :)

On a side note I finally remembered to set a timer when warming the UD up. I put it on 13 volts and set a timer for 20 min, loaded a stem on the mobius and went to town. I would say its either completely warm or nearly there, either way its enough for me to milk the bubbler and get a solid hit. I will do the next test at 15 minutes and see the results, maybe I can get vapor even faster!

When Im not in such a rush to get the vape on I will do a 12v test at 20 min and again at 30 min. Just want to see where its at from 20 min in at 12v vs 13v.

Also, thanks for the links to the tubing Dave, not going to order any right now, but its always good to know the exact stuff I need if I do need replacement.

gvape,
Top Bottom