Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

gvape

What a joke... my tracking now says its in Puertro Rico! WHAT THE HELL??? I DONT EVEN LIVE BY PUERTO RICO?!!@#!@#!@

Processed through Sort Facility, September 18, 2011, 4:19 am, CATANO, PR 00962

4:19am too...

gvape,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Gvape email support@thcscientific.com with your email that you used to order and I'll get on it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
bruno13 said:
rufrothy said:
Awesome. What do you think flavor wise on the extracts you loaded so far? How's the pure gold working out?

The Gold is pure heaven. Nothing beats the flavor. Thick, overpowering pulls every time. HOK glass is ok, tastes like hash and was hard to get primed. The gold is expensive but works the best. I will stick to gold for awhile.

OK, next time I go to elemental I will pick up some pure gold then. Looks easy to load....

So I woke up this morning and the omicron wouldn't hit. It was standing upright all night. It was clogged. after a moment of thinking I figured if it heated it up (pressing the button) it might loosen up and enable me to draw from it. It did eventually and I could hear it gurgling (i'm guess too much oil somewhere from sucking too hard). let it sit again and it was clogged again. repeated process. decided to see if leaving it on its side would be any different.

nope, dont do that. oil started leaking out the tip. cleaned up that mess and cleaned out the tube carefully with a paper clip and now its almost back to normal.

I'm guessing this was from drawing too hard. In the process of cleaning this up I was hitting the button more and pulling less and got some monster hits. So now I hear sizzling when I hit it but am getting some strong hits.

Last edited by a moderator:
ru_frothi,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
rufrothy said:
So I woke up this morning and the omicron wouldn't hit. It was standing upright all night. It was clogged. after a moment of thinking I figured if it heated it up (pressing the button) it might loosen up and enable me to draw from it. It did eventually and I could hear it gurgling (i'm guess too much oil somewhere from sucking too hard). let it sit again and it was clogged again. repeated process. decided to see if leaving it on its side would be any different.

nope, dont do that. oil started leaking out the tip. cleaned up that mess and cleaned out the tube carefully with a paper clip and now its almost back to normal.

I'm guessing this was from drawing too hard. In the process of cleaning this up I was hitting the button more and pulling less and got some monster hits. So now I hear sizzling when I hit it but am getting some strong hits.

when you put it on its side, place the white cap to make sure the liquid does not come out. It gets clogged from time to time, but after a while clears up. The size of the second chamber and the wick are so small that sometimes more liquid gets in then the chamber can handle so it solidifies inside and covers the air hole. When you heat it up it clears up after a few pulls.

Its not perfect but we are working on this issue also.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

daelic

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
rufrothy said:

when you put it on its side, place the white cap to make sure the liquid does not come out. It gets clogged from time to time, but after a while clears up. The size of the second chamber and the wick are so small that sometimes more liquid gets in then the chamber can handle so it solidifies inside and covers the air hole. When you heat it up it clears up after a few pulls.

I have successfully cleared up clogs using a stir straw for coffee... the small straw fits perfectly over the center ventilation shaft... give it a gentle blow, and the clog is removed.

daelic,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
gvape said:
What a joke... my tracking now says its in Puertro Rico! WHAT THE HELL??? I DONT EVEN LIVE BY PUERTO RICO?!!@#!@#!@

We called the USPS they said that it is on its way to your Home state, that is just the route it takes. Weird but hey let it get delivered first and we will take it from there.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

daelic

My method for filling the Omicron Cart using an easy to obtain cake frosting tip, micro torch and clamp:

[h]Supplies[/h]

2nld9xj.jpg

• Bernzomatic 3 in 1 Micro Torch [ST200T] - I got mine for less than $9 at home depot. The great thing about this torch is that it comes with a hot blower tip... you get the heat, without the flame which keeps you from accidentally igniting any oil, or putting ugly char marks on the outside of your cartridge. [/*]
  • Small Clamp - I forget how much exactly, but it was something around $1.50. The only purpose of the clamp is to add stability to the omicron cartridge when it's standing vertically. I've tossed some felt pads onto the contact points to help prevent damaging the omicron cart. We had the felt pads laying around the house, so I don't recall the cost, but they can be found cheap at any target, walgreens or similar.[/*]
  • Wilton 301 Frosting Tip - The tip fits perfectly on its own, but is not stable. To improve stability, I've crushed the end to improve the fit. There is probably a better frosting tip for this purpose, but the 301 works perfectly once it's been slightly modified[/*]

2ntzskg.jpg

Closer look at the modification I've done to the Frosting Tip. There's nothing specific about the modification, you just have to get your needle-nose pliers out, and crush a little at a time until you're happy with the fit. Mine has a little bit of wobble still, but I can walk down the hallway with it in the omicron cartridge and it won't fall out.

[h]The Process[/h]
o7iqzo.jpg

2wqa2bb.jpg

26129u9.jpg

I haven't tried this method yet with melt-able solids, but I'd imagine one could quite easily pack some full melt into the filling tip instead of the bottle.

daelic,

gvape

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
gvape said:

We called the USPS they said that it is on its way to your Home state, that is just the route it takes. Weird but hey let it get delivered first and we will take it from there.

Wow, that really sucks. Thanks for checking up on it, appreciate it. I'm just frustrated because I had no problem paying for the expedited shipping and now its taking an extra long path :(

Cant wait for it to get here!

gvape,

Goodlife101

Living The Good Life
so i read through here real quick and was just wondering is this thing only worth it if you live in a medical state? is it bad to vape the iso extracted oil? can you home make oil another way to use? just wondering if i could get in on this sweet new gadget

Goodlife101,

DubCRider

Let's just say it's a bit better to go shopping for a variety....

You can do it with a bit more effort.

DubCRider,

bruno13

insomniac
daelic said:
My method for filling the Omicron Cart using an easy to obtain cake frosting tip, micro torch and clamp:
[Bernzomatic 3 in 1 Micro Torch [ST200T] ...

Nice. Really good contribution to this thread. I will be getting the funnel and micro torch. Thanks

bruno13,

daelic

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Daelic your a genius.

Thanks! :)

bruno13 said:
daelic said:
[Bernzomatic 3 in 1 Micro Torch [ST200T] ...

Nice. Really good contribution to this thread. I will be getting the funnel and micro torch. Thanks

Thanks!

I probably should note that I have the torch set to "2"... it doesn't require a huge amount of heat to get the oil to start sliding into the cart.

daelic,

greenbean

I'm interested in this vape but I have a few questions. Does the Omicron use a FET switch for consistent voltage similar to an eGo battery or will the performance drop when the battery is partially discharged?

What materials are used in the construction of the cartomizer besides stainless steel and nichro/kanthal wire? I've seen something mentioned about a wick, is it a typical glass fiber wick? Are there glues etc? What's the top ledge by the fill hole made out of? It looks white in the pictures/videos I've seen.

If I put some shatter in the carto, will it all make it to the atomizer without reheating the tube?

Thanks.

edit: Oh, will a standard 510/901 drip tip fit? There are some pretty nice looking ones out there.

greenbean,

jordam

This is awesome, but as I understand each gram requires a new cartridge meaning it adds $10 a gram to the cost of oils and waxes.
If the cartridges lasted longer this would be an epic every day vape.
As it is its amazing for stealth though!
But I Dont need a $20% price hike in my smoking habits.
Especially considering I go through a half gram a day.
Might get this for when I go out though.

jordam,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
rufrothy said:

Thanks. It had the cap on it and was leaking out the center tube.

Yum, Elemental just got some OG Earwax at 72% THC in today. Can't wait to try it.

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Daelic your a genius.

Yes thanks man. I need to go acquire a few of those parts.

ru_frothi,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
greenbean said:
I'm interested in this vape but I have a few questions. Does the Omicron use a FET switch for consistent voltage similar to an eGo battery or will the performance drop when the battery is partially discharged?

What materials are used in the construction of the cartomizer besides stainless steel and nichro/kanthal wire? I've seen something mentioned about a wick, is it a typical glass fiber wick? Are there glues etc? What's the top ledge by the fill hole made out of? It looks white in the pictures/videos I've seen.

If I put some shatter in the carto, will it all make it to the atomizer without reheating the tube?

Thanks.

edit: Oh, will a standard 510/901 drip tip fit? There are some pretty nice looking ones out there.

The battery is off the shelf unit. Nothing special about it, 3.7v constant. the cartridge is made of stainless steel, ceramic, wire, rubber seals, and silica rope.

We are looking to have them include a drip tip instead of the mouth piece, but the rubber tops are cheaper to include with every cartridge, but we are looking to having nice tip included in the unit.

Also shatter will go down with only a little heat applied to the cartridge when filling it up.

I cant say how thankful we are for you guys giving us honest reviews, without the honest reviews we can not make the product better.

Once again thank you for having confidence in us.

THC Scientific is for the patients by the patients. We are working on more products that involve growing, and other fun filled ideas we have will come true now that you guys have made it possible. Thanks to everyone for being part of a movement that has just started.

Say no to Cotton, say yes to THE OMICRON.

G - Inventor CEO, The guy that invented the cartridge

D - Chief Health Officer, The lady that kept the Company together

S- COO, The Muscles behind the scene, This guy gets it done if you need anything done.

M - Bio chemist, The man who helped us with a lot of research. World Respected. Many patents under his belt.

R - Chemist, She helped start it all. First Formulas and second generation formulas.

A - Engineer. Been there since day one.

A - Mechanical Engineer, the guy that pushed me past the first step.

and Many Thanks to The Potcast with Adam Ill and Manny Blunts, Pony Boy Ochoa with Los Marijuanos, and everyone who help test the units.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Dberm

Any chance this thing can also be used with actual ecig carts?

How AWESOME would that be if I could carry only one unit for both weed and tobacco!

*EDIT* nevermind, found the answer I was looking for in old thread!

Dberm,

greenbean

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
The battery is off the shelf unit. Nothing special about it, 3.7v constant. the cartridge is made of stainless steel, ceramic, wire, rubber seals, and silica rope.

We are looking to have them include a drip tip instead of the mouth piece, but the rubber tops are cheaper to include with every cartridge, but we are looking to having nice tip included in the unit.

Also shatter will go down with only a little heat applied to the cartridge when filling it up.

Excellent, thanks for the timely response. I guess you're saying it's unregulated? The eGo and some of its clones use PWM (I erroneously attributed the FET switch with the PWM-magic in my original comment) and deliver constant ~3.1V under load, whereas an unregulated version will give ~3.7V under load but drop over use until it cuts off at about 3.25V (just like using a standard 3.7V Li ion battery). I think the only way you'd get constant 3.7V is if it used a boost circuit and I haven't heard of an eGo style battery with such wizardry (if it exists I need one yesterday).

Unregulated is actually preferable 'cause it gives more oomph although consistent performance via PWM is pretty nice too.

Re: drip tips, something like the non-drip whistle tip from Super-T would probably minimize any accidents and look excellent on the Omicron. I'm a little wary of metal tips though, I like my teeth. I'm a big fan of Cherry Vape's Dream Tips in spite of my reservations regarding acrylic tips. I've seen borosilicate tips around too, even worked pieces.

Standard delrin drip tips can be sourced pretty cheaply from China... a quick glance at alibaba shows at least one supplier selling DTs for $0.20/ea with an MOQ of 500 tips (they'll do a 10 pack sample but I doubt that meets your needs!). Delrin is probably the best option in my opinion.

greenbean,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
greenbean, you ever see one of these before ?, and if you could get one of these to work on the Omicron the potential could prove outstanding: Booster

smokum,

Dberm

The only thing I can think of for the booster not working is the fact that these cartomizers may have only been made to withstand the 3.7V that the stock battery uses.

Maybe a little suggestion for the V3 THCScientific (not sure if this would actually do anything) but you should consider selling a higher OHM version that would be compatible with a 6V system. I feel like with the 6V system would be able to deliver a lot more vapor than the current cart with a 3.7V battery.

Also I thought of an idea for using this device in cold weather. How about connecting whip tubing to the mouth piece and keeping the device in a warm pocket?

Any word on the resistance (ohm) of this cart yet?

Dberm,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
suppose that for some strange reason the cartridge you are using dies, and imagine its still approx 1/2 full - is it possible to reclaim the leftovers by heating the cartridge up and turning it upside down in order to pour the oil into a dish? will you be able to get it all out, how much will be left in the cart if you are forced to toss it in the garbage?

notmyrealUSERname,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
notmyrealUSERname said:
suppose that for some strange reason the cartridge you are using dies, and imagine its still approx 1/2 full - is it possible to reclaim the leftovers by heating the cartridge up and turning it upside down in order to pour the oil into a dish? will you be able to get it all out, how much will be left in the cart if you are forced to toss it in the garbage?

You can flip it upside down and reclaim, we guessing loss of 10-20%

THC SCIENTIFIC,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
notmyrealUSERname said:

You can flip it upside down and reclaim, we guessing loss of 10-20%

could you do an iso reclaim on a dead cartomizer?

akwardsauce,
Top Bottom