Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

JoeKickass

Good to know the v1 is pretty similar to the circuitless alpha, hopefully the 7.4v top will have similar performance ..

JoeKickass,

Ewog

Hey guys today I picked up some honeycomb wax ( a bit crumbly) and was gonna ask your advice on loading it. Should I just dump it in the cart with no melting? or attempt to melt it first then pour it in? I've always had very sticky wax and had no trouble loading that, this is just my first time with a product this crumbly.

Here is what I'm working with(going in a 2.4ohm cart)

IMG_8085.jpg

Ewog,

Blue Dream

Hey guys today I picked up some honeycomb wax ( a bit crumbly) and was gonna ask your advice on loading it. Should I just dump it in the cart with no melting? or attempt to melt it first then pour it in? I've always had very sticky wax and had no trouble loading that, this is just my first time with a product this crumbly.

IMG_8085.jpg
Put the wax in the funnel and heat the top part of the stem, followed by heating the funnel itself. The contents should bubble a little and then flow downward into the cart.

Blue Dream,
Reactions: rufrothy

VAPORIZER22

Put the wax in the funnel and heat the top part of the stem, followed by heating the funnel itself. The contents should bubble a little and then flow downward into the cart.

Yup, that is what I do with wax that has a similar consistency. Make sure the top 1/4-1/3 of the cart is warm when the wax enters it, will really help get the wax as far down as possible. My first cart with wax would sometimes not produce good clouds until I did a re-heat to make sure all the wax got down there then it hit consistently.

VAPORIZER22,

beEasy

I just got my v2 in the mail this morning before I left for work. I'm really impressed so far. The v2 is a lot smaller than I expected and the case is very good quality. I can't wait to try it out over the weekend.
Planetvape also included a bag of Doritos in a ziplock as the cushioning, which I found pretty funny.

adl00.jpg

I filled my last cart with a crumbly wax like yours. It's probably best to use a funnel and follow everyone's advice. When I filled mine though, the fill tool didn't fit my cart so I ended up putting it directly in the cart. What I did was I took bits of wax and rolled it into thin lines on my clean glass table. Then I heated the top of the cart and slipped the lines of wax in to the cart. After I put all my wax in, I took a new razor and scraped any residue on the glass table and put that in too. It as a pain in the ass but the cart seems to hit just fine. If you don't mind me asking, where did you pick up your wax?

beEasy,
Reactions: kertong

Silvercloud538

IMG_8085.jpg

Nice looking wax ,but what type (genetics) '"honeycomb"' (indica ?/ ,looks sativa amber :cool: ) ~ reason

asked ,if sativa ,should run thru 2.4's nicely ,but will need 1.5's :nod: for heavy viscous indicas ~ that is

all :)

Silvercloud538,

Ewog

If you don't mind me asking, where did you pick up your wax?

I got it from Rite Greens, they are in Santa Ana 30/50$ a gram.

Nice looking wax ,but what type (genetics) '"honeycomb"' (indica ?/ ,looks sativa amber :cool: ) ~ reason

asked ,if sativa ,should run thru 2.4's nicely ,but will need 1.5's :nod: for heavy viscous indicas ~ that is

all :)

I'm not really sure haha they just had it labeled as honeycomb wax and the budtender didn't seem to know to much(she was cute but not to smart as usual). But they do get it tested at SC labs and so here is a picture of the test results.
test.png

beEasy

test.png

Nice, One Love in Westminster sells the same wax for the same price but on Saturdays they have 20% off on concentrates. Let me know how it is, I was thinking of picking up some.

beEasy,

Silvercloud538

I'm not really sure haha they just had it labeled as honeycomb wax and the budtender didn't seem to know to much(she was cute but not to smart as usual). But they do get it tested at SC labs and so here is a picture of the test results.
test.png

Yeah ,scoping the tallys ,she def looks satty ~ easy on CBN's ,heavier on CBD's gonna give ya cerebral

stuff ,should help w/ analgesic pain relief ,will prolly 'drop off to body' after awhile lijke most extracts

~ should`work out nicely in the 2.4 you've started ~ from what can tell ,looks :cool: 'spot on quality' ~

Have Fun ! :D

Silvercloud538,

Ewog

def having a hard time loading this one haha, was making a video of me loading it then it cut off at 13 min cause I wasn't done. A bunch got stuck in the bottom of the funnel, I think it got clogged and wasn't letting any air up so no wax was going down either. So I scraped what I could out of the funnel and am now trying to roll it into little snakes and stick it in as I heat the cart. It seems to want ALOT of heat before it can liquify.

Ewog,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
def having a hard time loading this one haha, was making a video of me loading it then it cut off at 13 min cause I wasn't done. A bunch got stuck in the bottom of the funnel, I think it got clogged and wasn't letting any air up so no wax was going down either. So I scraped what I could out of the funnel and am now trying to roll it into little snakes and stick it in as I heat the cart. It seems to want ALOT of heat before it can liquify.

When this happens, there is a quick fix, just put the cart in your mouth pointing up, and from the bottom ( thread area ) gently do a quick thats a real quick pull, this will get the air bubble out.

So you would put the bottom of the cart in your mouth the thread side but make sure the funnel is pointing to the ceiling so oil does not get out, and just pull slightly.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: kertong

Ewog

When this happens, there is a quick fix, just put the cart in your mouth pointing up, and from the bottom ( thread area ) gently do a quick thats a real quick pull, this will get the air bubble out.

So you would put the bottom of the cart in your mouth the thread side but make sure the funnel is pointing to the ceiling so oil does not get out, and just pull slightly.

Amazing!
Funnel is all clear

Ewog,

Ewog

I can't believe I'm having this much trouble haha. I got it all out of the funnel and into the cart, but the cart is barely hitting. So I figured that the wax didn't melt all the way down, well after 20 min of off and on heating the cart, nothing to low on it, its still barely hitting. And when I say barely hitting I mean I have to hit it for like 15 seconds before I get what I would normally get in 3 seconds. If I keep hitting it till the cart is almost to hot to touch I can get some small clouds but that's about it :[. I think ill just have to stick to the more viscous waxes as opposed to the crumbly honeycomb ones.

Ewog,

Jay420

I can't believe I'm having this much trouble haha. I got it all out of the funnel and into the cart, but the cart is barely hitting. So I figured that the wax didn't melt all the way down, well after 20 min of off and on heating the cart, nothing to low on it, its still barely hitting. And when I say barely hitting I mean I have to hit it for like 15 seconds before I get what I would normally get in 3 seconds. If I keep hitting it till the cart is almost to hot to touch I can get some small clouds but that's about it :[. I think ill just have to stick to the more viscous waxes as opposed to the crumbly honeycomb ones.
Did you try preheating the cart before you filled it, I think if you look around this thread someone posted the best method to fill the omicron with waxes.

Jay420,

kertong

*please delete me*
GUYS!! GUYS!!! I SAW THE FUTURE! I am back from my travels and I have many a story of clouds and oils to share!

I am so excited, I didn't even unpack. I *just* arrived in San Jose after leaving THC Scientific in Van Nuys. Met up with the big G himself.

Funny story. I showed G the thermovape LV, and he asked me to show him the clouds everyone was talking about. I happily obliged him, but something must've been wrong with my atmos battery (almost dead/out of charge?) because with all the priming and work I did, I could only get meager vapor clouds.

So, he asks me if he can try running a few different voltages through it on his various bodies/tops/etc. I tell him these are known to be real finicky and anything above 4.2V will likely fry it, but he said if it did break he'll just buy me a new one. I didn't really care, I just wanted to support G and help him get to the bottom of the issue.

So, after a few 4.2V, 5.0V pulls, we tried a 7.4V top, no safety circuit, and got INSANT thick clouds out of the thermovape. Tasted just lovely. But the next hits, nothing! We killed the dart.

Not to worry, G gave me the cash to run out and buy a replacement as it was quicker than ordering and shipping.

But you know what's weird? I still have the money and am hesitant to get a thermovape dart.

Not because the dart sucks, because when I have it up and running it plasters a face melting smile on my face.

But like I said - I have seen the future. G was kind enough to let me check out an old prototype nail cart, and filled it with some oil for me to try and tell him my thoughts on it vs the thermovape. This was a v1 prototype design he scrapped due to a few issues too.

But WOW. It hit a LOT better than the thermovape. You know the clouds G was blowing when he was doing the persei/centauri/nail cart demo on youtube last year? It was like those clouds, thick thick milky strands of smoke just billowing from the nail cart. It blew the thermovape away - after my first hit, I think G remembers this - the first words out of my mouth were "holy shit this hits better than the dart!!"

As much as I love the dart, I couldn't stop thinking of that nail cart on the drive home. It hit wonderfully. Pretty much just like a oil dome pipe - flavor is the same, the potency is the same, and the same throat-ass-kicking strength in the clouds is there. I was coughing for a good 5 minutes.

Don't get me wrong, the dart is awesome. But the visit to THC Scientific has me starting to believe the wait for THC Scientific's version of the nail cart, will be WELL, WELL worth it. Trust me. :) That with the variable voltage tops, the pass through bottoms... 2012 will be an AWESOME year for us vapor/omi enthusiasts!

Oh, and as for the omi v2 issue - everything checked out. The omi v2 has a safety circuit so it guarantees and only pushes out 3.7V. Most of the cheaper ecig batteries will push out 4.2V at a full charge, which is why using the omi v1, or atmos battery gets you full clouds off the dart LV until you'er about halfway through the battery life. So, I was very very relieved to see that this was intended behavior and the omi v2s were working exactly to spec. :)

I cannot wait for the thc sci products coming down the line this year. G asked me a LOT of questions about my habits, how often, when, and what I use to medicate, how the effects are, how much I need at night vs. morning, etc, etc. It is CLEAR to me that thc sci thinks of the medical patient! I know a lot of people say a lot of shit about G being a shady guy selling chinese ecigs for quick profit, but that could not be farther from the truth.

Thanks for taking care of me, G :) He hooked me up and warrantys wapped the first omi v1 i broke by being stupid, and threw in some PG for me.

It has been an awesome friday, and now I must go unpack (and possibly stop by harborside :D :D :D)

Silvercloud538

Ewog ,ya can't compare vx.1 / v2 batts ,nite/day ~ v2 high drainer ,max 3.5 hrs :( (accumulates

depreciating voltages @ end of `cycle !) ~ soo ,bottomline ,change batts every 2-3 hrs ,understanding

warmuptime has tripled !!! ~ if this slows ya down ,you'll do what me did ,and move over to

www.madvapes.com [ ULTRAFIRE 1300 mAh ,protected ,@ 6.89 ea ] ~ these will :tup: '"double"' :tup:

your cycling times !! ~ that is all :)

Silvercloud538,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Ewog ,ya can't compare vx.1 / v2 batts ,nite/day ~ v2 high drainer ,max 3.5 hrs :( (accumulates

depreciating voltages @ end of `cycle !) ~ soo ,bottomline ,change batts every 2-3 hrs ,understanding

warmuptime has tripled !!! ~ if this slows ya down ,you'll do what me did ,and move over to

www.madvapes.com [ ULTRAFIRE 1300 mAh ,protected ,@ 6.89 ea ] ~ these will :tup: '"double"' :tup:

your cycling times !! ~ that is all :)

Not all v2's can use protected batteries, only the early adopters can, the bottom cap on the newer v2's are 3 mm longer.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom