Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
That was fast! What does the safety circuit being removed do?

Aren't the tops all slated for upgrade to higher voltage anyway? Will than upgrade incorporate this as well?

TIA

OF

The safety circuit does not allow voltage over 3.7v, the 7.4v upgrade will have no limitations. But if people dont want the 7.4v then they can just get this top. Different tops different circuitry different costs.

I am still thinking about what to do if we want to do the upgrade to 7.4v with no limitations? or just get new 3.7v tops.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: kertong

shortwind

This is actually a new item. I live in Portland, OR and a local cannabis club said they might be having Omnicrons for sale in a few weeks. I don't know which version. My question to the manufacturer is, if I purchase it at a cannabis business such as a club, rather than from on-line, will it still have a valid warranty?

Thanks!

shortwind,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
This is actually a new item. I live in Portland, OR and a local cannabis club said they might be having Omnicrons for sale in a few weeks. I don't know which version. My question to the manufacturer is, if I purchase it at a cannabis business such as a club, rather than from on-line, will it still have a valid warranty?

Thanks!

As long as your receipt is original and you pay no less the $129

THC SCIENTIFIC,

JoeKickass

The safety circuit does not allow voltage over 3.7v, the 7.4v upgrade will have no limitations. But if people dont want the 7.4v then they can just get this top. Different tops different circuitry different costs.

I am still thinking about what to do if we want to do the upgrade to 7.4v with no limitations? or just get new 3.7v tops.

Would the 7.4v top work with 3.7v batteries as well as the unprotected 3.7v top? Or does it not take 3.7v batteries/different size?

SD_haze

With the battery protection limit removed on the Omicron V2, is there any reason to depress the button during the hit? (Like the flute method or deep pull method posted on the vaporpedia)

Or can I just hold down the button the entire long draw?

SD_haze,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
With the battery protection limit removed on the Omicron V2, is there any reason to depress the button during the hit? (Like the flute method or deep pull method posted on the vaporpedia)

you can hold it down for the entire length, but i would be careful with the 1.5's they get hot and might burn out, if the wick is not allowed to saturate again.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

the 7.4v top circuit board will be able to handle all 8.4v of a fully charged 2x14250. You can use standard 3.7v battery with it also just need to switch out the bottom cap.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

JoeKickass

the 7.4v top circuit board will be able to handle all 8.4v of a fully charged 2x14250. You can use standard 3.7v battery with it also just need to switch out the bottom cap.

Oh ok that sounds like the one to wait for then, for me at least. Switch out a new bottom cap or the metal spacer that you mentioned before?

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
ok guys it is confirmed. We will not redo the current tops, but will offer the 7.4v upgrade for discount for anyone who wants to upgrade to without safety circuit.

And also going to resolve this moving pin issue shortly.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: JoeKickass

Ewog

ok guys it is confirmed. We will not redo the current tops, but will offer the 7.4v upgrade for discount for anyone who wants to upgrade to without safety circuit.

Would imagine this would be a huge headache with all the serial numbers if you did redo them.

Ewog,

tharealmclovin

So does this mean the 1.5's will not work as well on version 2 without the new top?

tharealmclovin,

JoeKickass

So does this mean the 1.5's will not work as well on version 2 without the new top?

They work better than the 2.4's, I've been hitting that blackberry wax from the photo all night and I haven't had to reach for my Persei. If you are satisfied with the with the way the 1.5's work on it why worry :2c:

JoeKickass,

tharealmclovin

Saw this in the Persei thread but not in here
12.jpg
Ok guys this right here is a tank system we are working on.​
This second image is a Nail Cartridge prototype​
112.jpg

Erikim

so its been a full week now, and still vaping along. sometimes the omi does clog or it gets a little stubborn on me..but as soon as im about to give up and put it down, it starts making some serious clouds. lol. still on the same gram as well since i purchased it.

once fun thing ive been experimenting with is a water bottle. i poked a hole for the mouthpiece to fit, i fill up the bottle, remove the omi, and take in a fat hit. kinda fun to see so much vapor!

Erikim,

OF

So 'no limitations' means no current (short circuit) protection? Seems to me 7.4 Volts will be useful but not at the expense of short circuit protection? We've, unfortunately, seen a few shorts of late, it'd be a bummer to loose the electronics if that happened? Is the upgrade to the same board as used in Persei (does it have short circuit protection)?

In any event sounds like the fix is a few weeks out at least?

Thanks, bummer all the way about this, can't be helping getting the exciting new stuff out.

OF

OF,

Ewog

does anyone know anywhere in the LA area that sells the 1.5ohm carts? I know I can order them online but I'm gonna be in the area and would like to just get it that day.

Ewog,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
So 'no limitations' means no current (short circuit) protection? Seems to me 7.4 Volts will be useful but not at the expense of short circuit protection? We've, unfortunately, seen a few shorts of late, it'd be a bummer to loose the electronics if that happened? Is the upgrade to the same board as used in Persei (does it have short circuit protection)?

In any event sounds like the fix is a few weeks out at least?

Thanks, bummer all the way about this, can't be helping getting the exciting new stuff out.

OF

the only thing we are taking out is the voltage limit and adding a few more protections to make sure that our units if used with other brands will not be damaged. These protections are proprietary and because of the recent discovery of other companies copying our technology we will not be discussing any more specs on our devices other then It works cool, it does not? ok send it in.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

the only thing we are taking out is the voltage limit and adding a few more protections to make sure that our units if used with other brands will not be damaged. These protections are proprietary and because of the recent discovery of other companies copying our technology we will not be discussing any more specs on our devices other then It works cool, it does not? ok send it in.

Thanks, but I'm still confused, maybe I'm not asking this right or maybe I'm being politely told it's none of my business and I'm just too dense? Is there short circuit protection in the current V2 and will there be in the 'new improved' versions? I guess I don't understand how over voltage protection impacts source resistance, over current protection sure, by over voltage? Never seen it, but that doesn't mean much. My concern is the new version will also sag more under load. Perhaps best to just wait and see.

If this is getting into proprietary areas I can dig that, you have to protect what you feel important. We'll be reduced to testing and guessing I guess, but that's fun and useful too.

Thanks.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Thanks, but I'm still confused, maybe I'm not asking this right or maybe I'm being politely told it's none of my business and I'm just too dense? Is there short circuit protection in the current V2 and will there be in the 'new improved' versions? I guess I don't understand how over voltage protection impacts source resistance, over current protection sure, by over voltage? Never seen it, but that doesn't mean much. My concern is the new version will also sag more under load. Perhaps best to just wait and see.

If this is getting into proprietary areas I can dig that, you have to protect what you feel important. We'll be reduced to testing and guessing I guess, but that's fun and useful too.

Thanks.

OF

The unit does have a s/c protection built in, but there are other things we wont talk about.

As for the Voltage limit that was for not burning out cartridges while doing dry runs on full charges, guess thats a failure, so we have decided to take that out, and keep the rest of the protections built in and add a few more.

The Omicron was never supposed to be the balls to the wall oil vape, but more of the portable go anywhere vape that will not kill cartridges. But seems like the public wants the balls to the wall so they shell get it.

OF

The unit does have a s/c protection built in, but there are other things we wont talk about.

As for the Voltage limit that was for not burning out cartridges while doing dry runs on full charges, guess thats a failure, so we have decided to take that out, and keep the rest of the protections built in and add a few more.

The Omicron was never supposed to be the balls to the wall oil vape, but more of the portable go anywhere vape that will not kill cartridges. But seems like the public wants the balls to the wall so they shell get it.

Thanks very much. Much clearer now. Hard to understand what you're not supposed to understand and all. It made no sense that short circuit protection would go away, glad to hear I was worrying about nothing....happens a lot to me sometimes. Never thought about eliminating high voltage risks that way, makes perfect sense once you have the 'big picture' in mind. I fully understand the need to 'not go there'.

I know I should have faith on these things but the details fascinate me.....a clear character flaw, but it could be worse.

Finally did you ever hit the nail square on it's proverbial head or what? The system is clearly doing tricks not intended but possible due to the solid base design. A 'ground up' design with higher power goals would no doubt have been different. IMO it's a great testament to both the capitalist system and the design that 'customer demands' could be met through the margins designed into the product. The customer gets what he wants, the provider makes enough profit so he can keep providing. Cool.

Thanks again, back on board. Was a bit lost, but I'm better now. I think.

OF

OF,

DubCRider

You're good OF, you can go to bed now.

The swabs are amazing! Do they make shirts out of that stuff? NASA tech? Truly works wonders, thank you!

DubCRider,

OF

You're good OF, you can go to bed now.

The swabs are amazing! Do they make shirts out of that stuff? NASA tech? Truly works wonders, thank you!

Thanks for the confirmation. I went to bed a while ago, it helped a little.....

The patches are pretty handy, aren't they. Makes sense, they're shotgun cleaning patches. Some are better than others of course. I forget the name of the weave on them, but it's cool. Strong, absorbent and lint free. Glad you like them, I'll give you a handful next time I see you.

OF

OF,

Silvercloud538

you can hold it down for the entire length, but i would be careful with the 1.5's they get hot and might burn out, if the wick is not allowed to saturate again.

Good points ,hav found the 1.5's wind up rapidly to vapor ignition and easily

bypassed ,and @ that time backoff button/maintain sip/draw 'til '"blood drawn"' (cumulous) escapes mouth ,then '"rip it"' ;):)

Silvercloud538,

OF

Fellow Omicron owners,

As luck would have it, my new V2 got here this morning. In view of the discussions about power drops I decided to test it against one of my V1s with no load, a 2.4 Ohm load (Omicron cart) and 1.5 Ohms (DART cart on an adapter). I cobbled up a test rig from a pair of adapters so I could measure the voltages under load. Both batteries were charged first, after the test the V2 battery still read 4.17 Volts, the V1 battery can't be directly measured of course. For reference I also ran the TV Ultra power supply which has no electronics. That battery was about 'a third used up', and measured 4.00 Volts after the test. FWIW I also measured the Atmos RX, basically it's the same as the V1 so it's not listed below:

V1 V2 Ultra
3.63 3.70 4.00 Open circuit
3.32 3.35 3.70 2.4 Ohms
3.18 2.98 3.52 1.5 Ohms

OK, I give up on the formatting of the table. You can read it I think?

I'm not sure what this all means yet. Right off there seem to be an offset in here. It's interesting to me that while the 2.4 Ohm cart did about the same in V1 and V2, when you get to higher powers something else is happening. This protection circuit?

Anyway, there's the raw data for your perusal and comments?

OF

OF,
Top Bottom