Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

2clicker

Observer
Is it a true passthrough (can you use it and charge the battery at the same time) or does it drain the battery if you use it while it's charging?

looks just like any ol eGo with a passthrough... just like Gman DA or this:
http://www.madvapes.com/Ego-510-Passthrough-37-Volt_p_3244.html

mine does indeed drain when using it while charging. i cant tell if the power loss is less than if your were just running the battery though. either way it wont leave you stranded waiting for it to charge.

they are great pens.

2clicker,

OF

mine does indeed drain when using it while charging. i cant tell if the power loss is less than if your were just running the battery though. either way it wont leave you stranded waiting for it to charge.

they are great pens.

Come on guys, think about it for a second. The pen needs more power at any given instant than the USB port can supply. If there were no battery involved to store energy before you demanded it, you never pull enough power from the port to get hot enough from cold. No magic. If this thing worked like some folks seem to think we could buy a bunch and rule the world. 8 or more Watts out for five in is a great deal. Even better on some laptop ports where you only get 2.5 Watts.

You need the battery as a buffer, the port alone won't drive the heater hot enough.

OF

Silvercloud538

Me thinks it's 'bout time this mystery is put to bed ~ there's too much energy being wasted playing 20 ?'s ~ THC ,in order to maintain decorum ,pleeze ,define entire '"O-THOS"' kit ,incldng any 'one-hit' connie cart (Ti-Nail) ,rechargeable external batts ?? ,etc ,ect :rolleyes:
Thanks in Advance ~​
Sc_​

Silvercloud538,

VaphingApe415

We hear ya silvercloud, just wanted to add if the charge of O-phos will be a 18650 or like the v2 with the 14hunnin series battery?

VaphingApe415,

kertong

*please delete me*
@THC Scientific:

Please forgive me father, for I have sinned.

Last week, I have been having thoughts of lust of the atmosRAW.

The THCSci bible and disciples warned me against this for I am sure to combust if I go down this path.. but foolishly I did not listen and was lured in by the claims of vaporization and herb consumption.

How wrong I was to doubt you, father.

How foolish I was to rush you on the herb carts. I understand why they are so difficult now.

How I wish everyone can understand that a combusting herbcart is HORRIBLY disappointing and would NOT want you to rush it out the door under any circumstances.

How I wish I had bought the omicron v2 instead of the e-pipe known as the atmosRAW.

How I wish I had never wandered out of the promised land and wandered into the atmosRAW thread.

Forgive me father, for I have sinned. Please find the grace in your heart to accept me back into the omicron fold.

Hail Mary, full of grace...

JoeKickass

@THC Scientific:

Please forgive me father, for I have sinned.

Last week, I have been having thoughts of lust of the atmosRAW.

The THCSci bible and disciples warned me against this for I am sure to combust if I go down this path.. but foolishly I did not listen and was lured in by the claims of vaporization and herb consumption.

How wrong I was to doubt you, father.

How foolish I was to rush you on the herb carts. I understand why they are so difficult now.

How I wish everyone can understand that a combusting herbcart is HORRIBLY disappointing and would NOT want you to rush it out the door under any circumstances.

How I wish I had bought the omicron v2 instead of the e-pipe known as the atmosRAW.

How I wish I had never wandered out of the promised land and wandered into the atmosRAW thread.

Forgive me father, for I have sinned. Please find the grace in your heart to accept me back into the omicron fold.

Hail Mary, full of grace...

Ooo man that's rough, did combusting in the Atmos taste as bad as combusting in the mflb?

JoeKickass,

kertong

*please delete me*
Ooo man that's rough, did combusting in the Atmos taste as bad as combusting in the mflb?

yes, tasted just as bad :( it was really terrible. It tasted like a hit off a pipe and lighter, not-greens. The first few times it combusted, the taste went away instantly and I was back to vaping reasonbly well with great flavor and vapor, but with a lot of work. But now I realize once you combust once or twice, the wire or screen has plant material stuck on it, and that continues to recombust and scorch/ash into your bud.

And with the chamber getting hotter and hotter after each hit, each successive hit results in you moving your probability of combustion a little closer to that 100% mark..

I am back to using the omicron now and it is a breath of fresh air (literally). Really makes me re-appreciate the smoothness of vapor, and ease of consistent and repeated vapor deliveries with the omicron. The atmos also got too hot to hold once it was warmed up to vaping temps.

The funny thing is... when I pull on the omicron I have this adverse reaction and I cringe, thinking I should let go of the button of the vapor is going to turn into combusted smoke, haha.

I get paid tomorrow, so I'm walking right back into the headshop and getting myself an omicron v2 with the 1.5ohm carts. The 1.5ohm carts - are they the same design as the original 2.4ohms, with the heating element and silica wick around the same way? Or have they been redesigned? (I keep hearing people mention leak proof carts, were they released...?)

kertong,
Reactions: rufrothy

Silvercloud538

yes, tasted just as bad :( it was really terrible. It tasted like a hit off a pipe and lighter, not-greens. The first few times it combusted, the taste went away instantly and I was back to vaping reasonbly well with great flavor and vapor, but with a lot of work. But now I realize once you combust once or twice, the wire or screen has plant material stuck on it, and that continues to recombust and scorch/ash into your bud.

And with the chamber getting hotter and hotter after each hit, each successive hit results in you moving your probability of combustion a little closer to that 100% mark..

I am back to using the omicron now and it is a breath of fresh air (literally). Really makes me re-appreciate the smoothness of vapor, and ease of consistent and repeated vapor deliveries with the omicron. The atmos also got too hot to hold once it was warmed up to vaping temps.

The funny thing is... when I pull on the omicron I have this adverse reaction and I cringe, thinking I should let go of the button of the vapor is going to turn into combusted smoke, haha.

I get paid tomorrow, so I'm walking right back into the headshop and getting myself an omicron v2 with the 1.5ohm carts. The 1.5ohm carts - are they the same design as the original 2.4ohms, with the heating element and silica wick around the same way? Or have they been redesigned? (I keep hearing people mention leak proof carts, were they released...?)

you're good to go w/ all 5 available carts on vx.1 ,v2 :)

Silvercloud538,

Mflbparox

Ok here is a hint, its a 3.7v unit.

In Fact anyone who can tell me what O-Phos means will get a free unit before anyone else.
o-phos could be like pronounced like OFOS (sorta like UFOs since their high in the sky all the time) except in this case an O instead of a U because O is shortened for Omicron the O

my best guess :( i could use a free O-PHOS haha

Mflbparox,

JoeKickass

Me: "Hi Atmos, coming up on your six slowly.... here are my hands.. no furtive movements.. can i please have a little vape?"
AtmosRaw: "Sure, just come a little closer, press my button a little longer.... SURPRISE BITCH, combustion because FUCK YOU!!" *kicks you in the nuts as you're gingerly inhaling expecting vapor*

Just for shits and giggles, I thought it'd be funny to make a spoof video of that pin the tail on the donkey clip, but with the atmosRX so you guys can see what I mean.

Hahaha that's fucking hilarious and I'm only two and a half sheets to the wind!

JoeKickass,
Reactions: rufrothy

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Oh man that video just got me laughing so hard.

Ok so here it goes.

Since the Omicron v1 had a lot of charger issues, we decided to upgrade it to the beefed up charger, and make it a replaceable battery. That would be V2. Still has the Omicron Name but with a better warranty.

Then we have many people asked us to keep the V1 frame because that is what defined us and that is how people know it is us. Well we could not keep the chargers because they sucked BIG TIME, and this was proven and we admitted it. The chargers are made for Ecig and not oil vaporization because if a small residue of oil is left on the screw and someone screws it in, it creates a bond with the charger, thus pulling the guts out.

Another thing we found out was ecig users and oil vaporizer just use them differently.

So we kept the body, upgraded it to a usb pass through system, and we could not call it Omicron anymore because the name was used for the v2.

There the name Omicron Lite was born. Because the word Omicron is the Greek Letter O and the word Phos is used for Light ( Lite is a variation of light, just spelled differently to look cool ). And the Name 0-Phos shortened to make it cooler.

The v2 will get a 7.4v upgrade option in the near future with 2 x14250 batteries so it will be at about 7.4v of around 400 Mah power so it will not last that long but is great when you need to have that 5 ohm, or 4 ohm if you are a iron lung master.

Hope this explains it all.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

kertong

*please delete me*
Never got a tank to work for that, I gutted and debridged the 510 atty and took a pipe cutter to it and made it so the coil was exposed and I could just put the hash right on the coil... it works well with small loads, but does combust the hash. Not a true vape, and doesn't play well with oils.

BhI4M.jpg

little did you know, at that moment you basically did everything atmos did for their atmosRAW... perhaps you should go into the "2012 vaporizer of the year" business? :D

kertong,

kertong

*please delete me*
@THC Sci:

I already have the v1 omi double batt kit, but one batt died due to my idiocy in hooking it up to a shorted atmos raw heating chamber, haha. my fault. So i'm not going to screw you guys over and send you a half functional double kit to upgrade. Going to fatty zone tomorrow and I will happily plunk down full price for the omicron v2.

You could make a ecig shaped like a penis where you have to cup the balls to get it to vape, and I'd still buy it as long as it had your name on it. You have no idea, after all the anguish and hours of sleep lost with the atmosRAW, you have no idea how much more I appreciate what you have done for us.

Thanks, sir. :) /takes hat off, holds to chest, salutes

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@THC Sci:

I already have the v1 omi double batt kit, but one batt died due to my idiocy in hooking it up to a shorted atmos raw heating chamber, haha. my fault. So i'm not going to screw you guys over and send you a half functional double kit to upgrade. Going to fatty zone tomorrow and I will happily plunk down full price for the omicron v2.

You could make a ecig shaped like a penis where you have to cup the balls to get it to vape, and I'd still buy it as long as it had your name on it. You have no idea, after all the anguish and hours of sleep lost with the atmosRAW, you have no idea how much more I appreciate what you have done for us.

Thanks, sir. :) /takes hat off, holds to chest, salutes

Thank you for the support my brotha, but the dickonator is not in the works as we are not in this to screw our customers.

But i do understand your frustrations about the other brand screwing up your Omicron, and we thank you for being honest.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
little did you know, at that moment you basically did everything atmos did for their atmosRAW... perhaps you should go into the "2012 vaporizer of the year" business? :D

Ha ha ha, I came up with that hash hitter around 2009...still use them today. It's crude, and simple, and not at all a true vape, but it is conservative, gets the job done on the DL and was great to have when I was moving across the country, traveling for several months back in 2010. I am just happy to see the ideas evolving with other people, since I am not really perusing it much these days on my own. So glad THCsci pushed the bar way up, and continues to do so. The evolution continues....

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Ha ha ha, I came up with that hash hitter around 2009...still use them today. It's crude, and simple, and not at all a true vape, but it is conservative, gets the job done on the DL and was great to have when I was moving across the country, traveling for several months back in 2010. I am just happy to see the ideas evolving with other people, since I am not really perusing it much these days on my own. So glad THCsci pushed the bar way up, and continues to do so. The evolution continues....

Oh you are right about that, we are working with other things and will push the ecig market further with our new toys, along with the herbal market.

Just wait. Thats all i can say, if we can get these little damn attachments to work properly we will have pushed the envelop so far that people be :o

OF

Just thought people would like to see a side by side comparison of the omicron v1 and v2 together with cart and mouthpiece. Threw in the atmosRAW for fun. :)

Thanks, first 'family photo' I've seen. It's a big sucker, isn't it? Quite a bit thicker and a bit chunky perhaps. Then again, it's a hansom piece of gear. Hard to say which scores higher in stealth, important to many.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom