Da Buddha

Radwin Bodnic

Hello friends! I received mine yesterday, haven't really had time to test it yet. I did a mini express session with the whip, it promises great things.
On the other hand, my hope for any glass is a little missed, the Sherlock that the store sold me is not curved as it is, and therefore it is unusable, maybe I have to do with a curved connection?
Tonight I'm really testing it, cool!
unnamed.jpg
You could just rotate a little the straight tube so the Jhook is at 10 or 11 o'clock (towards the camera) and hit it sideways.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
So I'm here to report a couple of things:
This cheap glass is really similar to the dimpled 18mm sherlock from DHGate that is popular with a lot of FCers. I was hoping for big cooling from a relatively short mouthpiece and this guy delivers. The vapor can be warm but it's never uncomfortable. @Roger, maybe you would be interested as you were looking at replacing the vinyl tubing with an all glass solution.

Now for the taste. As I'd hoped, it's right there with the quality of the Couchlog/Glass pipe combo that I love so much. It really is amazingly tasty. What took me by surprise though is the sheer volume of such great tasting vapor the DBV can produce effortlessly and repeatedly. The 18mm size pipe and greater surface area of the DBV bowl vs the 14mm CL bowl can provide an even more intense flavor blast and all that flavor flows through glass right to your mouth.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not trying to bash the standard whip with the vinyl tubing. I thought the flavor was really well preserved using it. However, the hose-free all glass mouthpiece is really flavor forward and it's gonna be my go-to setup.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Ok. It's a Monday and I'm stupid high in the morning even though I'm technically at work.... 😣😬

Don't worry, I don't operate heavy machinery or otherwise endanger lives. I'm in research so.... yeah... for science! :science:

This damn direct glass mouthpiece I got for the DBV is killing me! It's a bit short but I just scoop up the DBV and bring it to me to hit it. If I wasn't banished to the garage and had a nicer setup then I could see how it would be comfortable to hit at chest height while sitting at a table.

Doesn't matter though, I haven't been able to stop drinking vapor from it since late last night 🤦‍♂️. Sweet Jesus, this is gonna kill my tolerance.

The Couchlog at the very least has a short recovery period after I hit it off a glass bowl. This usually helped dissuade me from being tempted into another bowl straight away and allowed me to microdose properly. Not so much with the DBV.

Want another sweet and tasty bowl of warm terpy goodness shooting down your throat after a 3sec straw load with the direct glass? It's just too damn easy. Help me.

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

Roger

Ok. It's a Monday and I'm stupid high in the morning even though I'm technically at work.... 😣😬

Don't worry, I don't operate heavy machinery or otherwise endanger lives. I'm in research so.... yeah... for science! :science:

This damn direct glass mouthpiece I got for the DBV is killing me! It's a bit short but I just scoop up the DBV and bring it to me to hit it. If I wasn't banished to the garage and had a nicer setup then I could see how it would be comfortable to hit at chest height while sitting at a table.

Doesn't matter though, I haven't been able to stop drinking vapor from it since late last night 🤦‍♂️. Sweet Jesus, this is gonna kill my tolerance.

The Couchlog at the very least has a short recovery period after I hit it off a glass bowl. This usually helped dissuade me from being tempted into another bowl straight away and allowed me to microdose properly. Not so much with the DBV.

Want another sweet and tasty bowl of warm terpy goodness shooting down your throat after a 3sec straw load with the direct glass? It's just too damn easy. Help me.

Happy Hour Drinking GIF
it 'll be the same for me tonight!! but your glass seems best than my Sherlock!

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
it 'll be the same for me tonight!! but your glass seems best than my Sherlock!
I have actually tried exactly your setup before I got this new dimpled mouthpiece and it was good, but a little fragile and my sherlock was like yours, just hollow glass.

I have to agree with @coolbreeze, there is something so effective about cooling dimples/spikes inside a glass piece. The turbulence just makes all the difference. The mouthpiece I'm using now is just a little over 5 inches but it does such a good job.

I could just plug in another little glass piece before the mouthpiece to add length and more cooling but I'm not sure it's even necessary.

Pukka

This damn direct glass mouthpiece I got for the DBV is killing me! It's a bit short but I just scoop up the DBV and bring it to me to hit it.
Crap, I gotta stop hanging here. Now I'm wondering now if I can use the longest of long glass draw tube with an LSV?

edit: You can 🙃 Now the BIG QUESTION is: Is GAS worse th VAS?

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I'm officially scared for my tolerance now :uhoh:

I was grinding a bit of weed in front of the DBV and had just put the grinder away when I noticed a sizeable nug left on the table. Seeing as my will to resist my newest toy has just been shite all day, I figured what the hell... let me see if I can just vape the shit out of this renegade nug! This beast has just plowed through everything I've thrown at it anyhow.

Results below

The resin buildup on the second photo is after only 2 days of use so clearly you can see how I've been putting this new mouthpiece to the test. I also grabbed a pretty big nug and didn't really try much to shred it even a little. You can see obvious missed green spots but I wasn't trying too hard to finish it off. I was already high before hitting it. 😂

Honestly, this was the tastiest sesh I've had with it yet. You know the hits are tasty when they come out of your mouth a bit wispy and almost colorless at first. I've got the dial around 10:30 only and I love how you can just get pull after low temp pull from the heat reservoir as you peel away the layers of flavor from a bud. Wow.

This new way of hitting small nugs is insanely good. I heartily recommend!

TigoleBitties,
  • Love
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

I'm officially scared for my tolerance now :uhoh:

I was grinding a bit of weed in front of the DBV and had just put the grinder away when I noticed a sizeable nug left on the table. Seeing as my will to resist my newest toy has just been shite all day, I figured what the hell... let me see if I can just vape the shit out of this renegade nug! This beast has just plowed through everything I've thrown at it anyhow.

Results below

The resin buildup on the second photo is after only 2 days of use so clearly you can see how I've been putting this new mouthpiece to the test. I also grabbed a pretty big nug and didn't really try much to shred it even a little. You can see obvious missed green spots but I wasn't trying too hard to finish it off. I was already high before hitting it. 😂

Honestly, this was the tastiest sesh I've had with it yet. You know the hits are tasty when they come out of your mouth a bit wispy and almost colorless at first. I've got the dial around 10:30 only and I love how you can just get pull after low temp pull from the heat reservoir as you peel away the layers of flavor from a bud. Wow.

This new way of hitting small nugs is insanely good. I heartily recommend!
Awesome, man, I'm gonna have to try this!

Roger

Hello, I have a doubt about my Buddha... Should the ceramic heater be red all the way to the bottom or only on the upper third?
Mine is only partly red, on the top, even if I push the slider all the way.
I pushed it up to 4 p.m., and I don't burn my plant even with gentle vacuuming...???

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Hello, I have a doubt about my Buddha... Should the ceramic heater be red all the way to the bottom or only on the upper third?
Mine is only partly red, on the top, even if I push the slider all the way.
I pushed it up to 4 p.m., and I don't burn my plant even with gentle vacuuming...???
Hmmm. I wish I could help but I've actually never looked closely at the heater since I covered it totally with the rubies and now I'm not even sure it's visible. I never remember seeing anything glowing ever but maybe that's because it's all obscured now.

Maybe yours is only partly red in the places where there's no contact with rubies to absorb some of the excess heat? I've also never gone past 2 on the dial because things got too hot for me (very dark ABV). I've no doubt I could combust above 2 on the dial but I've never pushed things.

Btw, I think gentle drawing (if it's very gentle) isn't always the worst case for burning your flower with convection. Especially with a giant heat reservoir like the DBV, if you draw too quickly, you might combust because you won't be able to overpower the heater like a portable. Usually slower drawing is hotter as you mention, but maybe not in the case where there's no appreciable temperature drop for a big heater like this one.

If you draw a little faster and longer at 4 o'clock on the dial, I think you'd likely combust.

TigoleBitties,

Roger

Hmmm. I wish I could help but I've actually never looked closely at the heater since I covered it totally with the rubies and now I'm not even sure it's visible. I never remember seeing anything glowing ever but maybe that's because it's all obscured now.

Maybe yours is only partly red in the places where there's no contact with rubies to absorb some of the excess heat? I've also never gone past 2 on the dial because things got too hot for me (very dark ABV). I've no doubt I could combust above 2 on the dial but I've never pushed things.

Btw, I think gentle drawing (if it's very gentle) isn't always the worst case for burning your flower with convection. Especially with a giant heat reservoir like the DBV, if you draw too quickly, you might combust because you won't be able to overpower the heater like a portable. Usually slower drawing is hotter as you mention, but maybe not in the case where there's no appreciable temperature drop for a big heater like this one.

If you draw a little faster and longer at 4 o'clock on the dial, I think you'd likely combust.
Hi thanks, I don't have rubies

It's certain that I still have to practice, but compared to what I read in user reviews I find my sessions a little short, and I don't see any big differences between 10:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.?

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
It's certain that I still have to practice, but compared to what I read in user reviews I find my sessions a little short, and I don't see any big differences between 10:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.?
Ah, I see. I didn't realize that you don't have the baller upgrade with the rubies. I highly recommend buying the upgrade with the new heater cover and the balls. It's not expensive and completely changes the power of the vape.

I can't comment then on whether this is normal or not but I have seen that with the ball upgrade, you are limited to values from around 10 to 3 on the dial, everything else is too hot or too cold. Perhaps without the balls, the range on the dial might be very large as you say. I can't explain why you don't notice a big difference between 10 and 3.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: Roger

coolbreeze

Something may not be right. I do remember my ceramic rod glowing, but not all the way down (cant'be more specific now) but without the ball mod, I would not have been able to use mine much above 2 o'clock or below 11 or so. I was normally in the 1-1:30 range; vapor production was completely reliable. There was a significant difference between that range and the lower or higher adjacent temps. I think I'd reach out to elev8; they have replacement kits for the heaters and apparently it's not hard to do. But maybe there's something not apparent to us that they can help you with that won't lead to more servicing.

Roger

Something may not be right. I do remember my ceramic rod glowing, but not all the way down (cant'be more specific now) but without the ball mod, I would not have been able to use mine much above 2 o'clock or below 11 or so. I was normally in the 1-1:30 range; vapor production was completely reliable. There was a significant difference between that range and the lower or higher adjacent temps. I think I'd reach out to elev8; they have replacement kits for the heaters and apparently it's not hard to do. But maybe there's something not apparent to us that they can help you with that won't lead to more servicing.
Thanks, I just wrote an email to elev8 with a picture...

Pukka

The kits run around 25usd and are screwdriver/plug and play easy to use. If the guy with the 'stache doesn't grate on your nerves (sorry, he drives me crazy) there are pretty well done videos on Elev8's youTube.

Oh, and if my memory serves me right the heater on my LSV glows about half way down.

Roger

In fact I have a SSV Heater cover and it is not for DBV... I must try to have an exchange with the shop :ugh:
:ugh:
I directly received support from elev8 who will write to the shop, ... fingers crossed

Last edited:

Roger

so it was the wrong heater cover, the one on the ssv is longer, and I don't understand why since it's the same ceramic heater, but I didn't have good heating. I will have the exchange in a few days. I finally ordered the Glass whip (from a French factory, for Arizer) that I had mentioned previously

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
so it was the wrong heater cover, the one on the ssv is longer, and I don't understand why since it's the same ceramic heater, but I didn't have good heating. I will have the exchange in a few days. I finally ordered the Glass whip (from a French factory, for Arizer) that I had mentioned previously
That's excellent. You will really enjoy that glass whip I suspect. I only seem to use direct glass now because it's so tasty and with the proper cooling, it's amazing.

Since you're getting the proper cover now will they be sending you the one that's compatible with the baller upgrade? That way you could just source some rubies from anywhere and do the upgrade yourself for very little money. The upgrade really unlocks the full potential of this vape.

TigoleBitties,

Roger

I don't know if it will be compatible... in my opinion no, I will receive the one from the basic kit.
in fact I bought the buddha exhibition model from the store, I think they will send me a replacement heater cover, on their store there is no ball model for the dbv, only for the ssv

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I don't know if it will be compatible... in my opinion no, I will receive the one from the basic kit.
in fact I bought the buddha exhibition model from the store, I think they will send me a replacement heater cover, on their store there is no ball model for the dbv, only for the ssv
Oh, that's a shame. Maybe they would order one direct from elev8 if you asked them and that could save you taxes and duty? I know the regular heater cover will make things a lot better for you but the baller upgrade will unlock peak performance.

TigoleBitties,

Roger

Oh, that's a shame. Maybe they would order one direct from elev8 if you asked them and that could save you taxes and duty? I know the regular heater cover will make things a lot better for you but the baller upgrade will unlock peak performance.
Thanks, I'll ask... but I think they have one in stock because he told me i'll send the new one quickly

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I just did a drive-by 0.1g hit off the DBV 🤤.

Again, it's just too easy! I can straw load and be taking a hit in under 10 seconds 🤦‍♂️

I'm actually splitting time with the Couchlog now. I'm super happy with it. It's been dead simple to use from day one and it fills the "big brother" spot to pair with my Couchlog. I guess you could say that this will be my CouchlogXL.

....Until I break down and get the CouchlogXL because it's so darn pretty! 😄

TigoleBitties,
Top Bottom