Da Buddha

coolbreeze

Take a look at the LSV glass stems. 18mm male ends natively like your long DBV longest stem, just shorter. And you also have the (according to The Wife) penis like bent swiss cheese stem that's in between the regular and short stems.
That wand would be amazing if your setup leaves you close enough to the DBV.

coolbreeze,

Razzle_N_Dazzle

I've had the DBV with the baller series heater cover for a little while now so I think I can finally share my complete thoughts about it (spoilers: It's great). This turned out to be a much longer write-up than I thought it would be so forgive me for the short novel :lol:

First Impressions, Hits, and Taste
To start, the included travel bag is very nice. Lots of cushion and different slots to store all the accessories. I got a blue WPA and the aroma top with my order. I registered my DBV on the Elev8 website and got a coupon that I would use later. I read up on the heat levels people would use so I started out at around 12 and moved up to 2-3ish after a couple of hits. Huge clouds but it got harsh on the higher heat settings so I kept it down around 12-1 for other bowls and that's where I'm at currently. This hits on this setting are still huge. I got a little too toasty for comfort on the first bowl with certain strains so I had to learn that less is more. :uhoh: I don't know exactly how much flower I use by weight but I fill the stem up about a quarter of the way and very lightly tamp it down. This lasts me a few sessions with the last one being much weaker than the first and it's the hit I take to keep me going while I reload the bowl :lol:

I am a little disappointed with the water pipe adapter. The WPA was always a just-in-case thing for me, but using with my bong in practice didn't seem worth it. It took me 2 breaths to fill the bong and clear it. I had the heat set to 3 here. Maybe I need more flower in the bowl? Either way I'm fine with hitting it directly from the hose.

Overall, this is exactly the desktop vaporizer experience I was looking for. Very simple to use, effective, and discrete. It doesn't look like I have a spaceship or a science experiment next to my desk. :science: It's also a standalone device, unlike a ball-vape which people kept recommending.

Compared to my Pax Plus the taste is comparable but with a slight taste from the hose. It's not immediately noticeable unless I directly compare the hits back to back, but it's there. It's not prominent so it doesn't bother me. One thing I noticed is the flower doesn't get as dark as when used in my Pax unless I turn the heat back up to 2ish, but then it becomes a bit harsh. I use the 3rd setting on the Pax just FYI.

The Aroma Top and Experience with Customer Service
Moving on, the aroma top is nice. I leave it on max heat all day and it leaves my room nice smelling. It's not as strong as a candle or an oil diffuser that uses a flame but it's nice. I learned that the smell does diminish after a few days so I replace the wax once a week. I burn candles normally so when a candle burns out I pour the remaining wax out and use that in the diffuser. It's a great way to recycle the remaining wax.

The downside to the aroma top is I couldn't use it and hit the vape at the same time. I had to remove the glass cap to get the aroma piece to fit correctly and that messed up the airflow making hits impossible. I asked Elev8 about this before hand and they said the aroma top would not fit with the cap on and gave no guarantees about the hit-ability with the cap removed, so that was on me and I took the risk.

I ended up emailing them asking if there was some sort of flush cap available to make the aroma top fit better. After a little bit they got back to me and said that if I ordered one they could grind it down for free. I thought that was great and very generous! I used the coupon I got earlier to order the cap, an extra hose, a new colorful mouthpiece, and a glass poker. Once the cap arrived I realized that they didn't just grind the cap down but they made a new flat shape. Again, that's awesome. However, this cap was actually bigger than the one I started with so I was a little disappointed.

I emailed them back with pictures to let them know. They were very apologetic and said that they had tested it on their own unit and it worked. They said if they couldn't figure out what the issue was they would give me a refund for the cap. It turns out that based on the pictures I sent them my heater cover was really high. To remedy this they sent me a new heater cover for free. Insane customer service from them. The new heater cover arrived today and with it the aroma top fits perfectly with the new cap installed. It actually works with both caps but I'm using the new one they sent me as it's easier to remove when I need to. I no longer have to swap out the cap with a oven mitt and then re-install the aroma top after every session. I just have to adjust the heat dial and I'm done. :D

Extra
Call me weird but I didn't like how long and pointy the included poker was. I kept imagining accidentally sticking myself with it. The glass ball on the end was also too big to fit in the end of the stem to tamp the flower down. The all glass poker I bought separately is much nicer and the end fits in the stem.

Also, the colorful mouthpiece I bought has a smaller diameter opening on the mouth side compared to the standard glass mouth piece that came with the DBV. With it, airflow is slightly more restricted.

When comparing the first heater cover to the replacement they sent me it is definitely shorter in terms of height, but the slot for the stem is actually longer.

The inner glass barrier that keeps the balls in place is also reversed. The first one went from bottom to top but the replacement goes from top to bottom. If I filled the first one up too much the balls would come out of the front. With the replacement, I can fill it all the way but I still have to remove some to fit the cap in.

Both caps also fit much better in the replacement than in the original.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I've had the DBV with the baller series heater cover for a little while now so I think I can finally share my complete thoughts about it (spoilers: It's great). This turned out to be a much longer write-up than I thought it would be so forgive me for the short novel :lol: Also sorry the images are huge. Idk how to shrink them in the post

First Impressions, Hits, and Taste
To start, the included travel bag is very nice. Lots of cushion and different slots to store all the accessories. I got a blue WPA and the aroma top with my order.

I registered my DBV on the Elev8 website and got a coupon that I would use later. I read up on the heat levels people would use so I started out at around 12 and moved up to 2-3ish after a couple of hits. Huge clouds but it got harsh on the higher heat settings so I kept it down around 12-1 for other bowls and that's where I'm at currently. This hits on this setting are still huge. I got a little too toasty for comfort on the first bowl with certain strains so I had to learn that less is more. :uhoh: I don't know exactly how much flower I use by weight but I fill the stem up about a quarter of the way and very lightly tamp it down. This lasts me a few sessions with the last one being much weaker than the first and it's the hit I take to keep me going while I reload the bowl :lol:

I am a little disappointed with the water pipe adapter. The WPA was always a just-in-case thing for me, but using with my bong in practice didn't seem worth it. It took me 2 breaths to fill the bong and clear it. I had the heat set to 3 here. Maybe I need more flower in the bowl? Either way I'm fine with hitting it directly from the hose.

Overall, this is exactly the desktop vaporizer experience I was looking for. Very simple to use, effective, and discrete. It doesn't look like I have a spaceship or a science experiment next to my desk. :science: It's also a standalone device, unlike a ball-vape which people kept recommending.

Compared to my Pax Plus the taste is comparable but with a slight taste from the hose. It's not immediately noticeable unless I directly compare the hits back to back, but it's there. It's not prominent so it doesn't bother me. One thing I noticed is the flower doesn't get as dark as when used in my Pax unless I turn the heat back up to 2ish, but then it becomes a bit harsh. I use the 3rd setting on the Pax just FYI.
Glad you like it! I'm pretty impressed with mine as well. It's the only vape that shares time with the Couchlog at home and that's saying something.

I like the whip format but I also love an all-glass airpath so I'm going to try some glass mouthpieces directly in the unit that I have on order. I think the taste will be even better. When I first got it I ran it at around 12-1 on the dial but lately I'm loving longer sessions and lower temp settings like 11. It takes more time to clear the bowl but all the hits are pretty tasty.

Take a look at the LSV glass stems. 18mm male ends natively like your long DBV longest stem, just shorter. And you also have the (according to The Wife) penis like bent swiss cheese stem that's in between the regular and short stems.
Link? I'm only finding straight LSV stems on the elev8 site...

Edit: Oh, I see it now

Last edited:

Razzle_N_Dazzle

When I first got it I ran it at around 12-1 on the dial but lately I'm loving longer sessions and lower temp settings like 11. It takes more time to clear the bowl but all the hits are pretty tasty.
I think I might have to try that.

w00t!
IMG-6367.jpg
I noticed on mine the heating element doesn't get red hot all the way at the tip like yours does, even when set to the max temp. I doubt it affects the experience much though.

An update to my review post: The replacement heater cover hits better than the old one and it fits easier during installation. Idk what was going on with the first one but I didn't think it was bad at all. It only seems bad when compared to the replacement. It seems to be a tweaked design that's better in everyway.

It's crazy how much the baller mod improved the DBV when compared to the experiences I read people had without it. I hope this brings back it's popularity. IMO it's a much better experience than using a typical ball vape and the people at Elev8 are great.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Roger

coolbreeze

Oooh I can't wait for my glass pieces to come in and try it 🤤
:brow::tup:
I contacted Elev8 and asked for a quote on modifying the glass pathway to add cooling spikes/dimples on the interior. Waiting to hear back!
Would you say things are pretty cool even without them?
It's noticeably warmer but no, not bad. I can see using it this way as a preference, really (but I like water pipes). I am using it today without the basket and the warmth is noticeable but really not as threatening as the thick column of vapor racing right up it to your head! But I think the dimples if possible will improve the experience.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
That glass whip looks ideal! Hope someone will try it and let us know. But making your own will let you set it up so that you can reach it well.
That long arizer glass whip does look pretty perfect. I just can't seem to find it in a north American store... Wondering if it's actually made by arizer?

I can only find the glass mini-whip for the Extreme Q and VTower products, not the long glass one that was posted by @Roger. 😕

TigoleBitties,

coolbreeze

That long arizer glass whip does look pretty perfect. I just can't seem to find it in a north American store... Wondering if it's actually made by arizer?

I can only find the glass mini-whip for the Extreme Q and VTower products, not the long glass one that was posted by @Roger. 😕
It may be locally made for the store.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
It may be locally made for the store.
Yeah. When I couldn't find it amongst other Arizer products I figured it was an aftermarket kinda thing.

Just received my WPA! Woot! 18mm male with some silicone tubing. Will be experimenting but it will likely have to wait until tomorrow. I did hook it up briefly and stuck it into my dimpled glass Sherlock and... surprisingly very very comfortable temp and nice taste but still not that all-glass smack quite yet.

I cheated though and hadn't cut the 1.5ft of new silicone tubing down to the absolute minimum for the adapter so there's that. Anyhow, I've got real all-glass solutions coming and this adapter was all about trying massive rips through water. Soon!

TigoleBitties,
  • Love
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Yeah. When I couldn't find it amongst other Arizer products I figured it was an aftermarket kinda thing.
I can't remember offhand but they may also be the store with the custom AroMed herb chambers for the Element Table Vape.
Just received my WPA! Woot! 18mm male with some silicone tubing. Will be experimenting but it will likely have to wait until tomorrow. I did hook it up briefly and stuck it into my dimpled glass Sherlock and... surprisingly very very comfortable temp and nice taste but still not that all-glass smack quite yet.
Ah, nice! Do you have your DBV like at desk/table height? Can't wait to hear how the microwhip works out--I may have to try that!
I cheated though and hadn't cut the 1.5ft of new silicone tubing down to the absolute minimum for the adapter so there's that. Anyhow, I've got real all-glass solutions coming and this adapter was all about trying massive rips through water. Soon!
Fun times, man!

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Ah, nice! Do you have your DBV like at desk/table height? Can't wait to hear how the microwhip works out--I may have to try that!
Yep I'm anxious to try too but my little experiment with the WPA demonstrated that the dimpled Sherlock cooled way more than straight glass and tubing.

Right now I am relegated to the garage for my vaping so it's less than ideal 😐. I'm usually standing and my DBV is on an outdoor patio table inside the garage 😂 so it's not really coffee table height. I'll have to lean down to hit it. I'll have a proper workshop when the kids have flown the nest.

I've been thinking of adding a long-ish straight (or perhaps an angled) male-female 18mm adapter to act both as a bowl and to add some length to the glass path, while also connecting the 18mm male dimpled micro-whips (5-6 inches) I have coming to act as the mouthpiece. That should give me about 8-9 inches of glass with some cooling dimples.

Heck I could even stick glass bowls in the pathway and possibly even use the glass screens unless they're too far from the heater. These are very inexpensive and replaceable solutions but if I don't find it good enough, I'll order the custom glass path from elev8.

Fun times, man!
You know it! 😎

Edit: Made some edits to mention where my DBV is located in the house.

TigoleBitties,

coolbreeze

Yep I'm anxious to try too but my little experiment with the WPA demonstrated that the dimpled Sherlock cooled way more than straight glass and tubing.

I've been thinking of adding a long-ish straight (or perhaps an angled) male-female 18mm adapter to act both as a bowl and to add some length to the glass path, while also connecting the 18mm male dimpled micro-whips (5-6 inches) I have coming to act as the mouthpiece. That should give me about 8-9 inches of glass with some cooling dimples.

Heck I could even stick glass bowls in the pathway and possibly even use the glass screens unless they're too far from the heater. These are very inexpensive and replaceable solutions but if I don't find it good enough, I'll order the custom glass path from elev8.

You know it! 😎
I was picturing you next to your DBV direct-connected with like an inch-long piece of tubing between the wand and your WPA/j-hook...
1950s-historical-a-man-sitting-in-a-room-at-home-smoking-his-pipe-and-listening-to-a-large-radio-england-uk-2M80903.jpg

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I was picturing you next to your DBV direct-connected with like an inch-long piece of tubing between the wand and your WPA/j-hook...
1950s-historical-a-man-sitting-in-a-room-at-home-smoking-his-pipe-and-listening-to-a-large-radio-england-uk-2M80903.jpg
Yeah it would've looked something like that, had I cut the tubing short when I tried it 😂

Of course the stock picture doesn't reflect just how much more handsome I am 😋

Oh, and humble too! Of course 😆

TigoleBitties,
  • Haha

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
So I feel that I'm exiting what could be considered the honeymoon phase with the DBV baller and I still find myself reaching for it at home. Considering my only other desktop is a Couchlog the DBV is in some rare company. I've tried it at high temps through water, at really low temps as a sipper and now I've been using it at mid-range temps that clear a 0.1g bowl in about 3 nice and tasty hits.

I've used it enough to give the tubing its first cleaning and it reminded me of how much flavor comes through when everything is nice and clean. I'm getting my DHGate dimpled glass mini whip to try this Monday as a direct all-glass path.

In other news, the nice folks at Elev8 came back to me with a $10 US custom charge to modify the Elev8 Glass Pathway if I should so choose to have as many cooling dimples as I want! Tempting, but I'll see how the DHGate stuff works out first.

coolbreeze

So I feel that I'm exiting what could be considered the honeymoon phase with the DBV baller and I still find myself reaching for it at home. Considering my only other desktop is a Couchlog the DBV is in some rare company. I've tried it at high temps through water, at really low temps as a sipper and now I've been using it at mid-range temps that clear a 0.1g bowl in about 3 nice and tasty hits.

I've used it enough to give the tubing its first cleaning and it reminded me of how much flavor comes through when everything is nice and clean. I'm getting my DHGate dimpled glass mini whip to try this Monday as a direct all-glass path.

In other news, the nice folks at Elev8 came back to me with a $10 US custom charge to modify the Elev8 Glass Pathway if I should so choose to have as many cooling dimples as I want! Tempting, but I'll see how the DHGate stuff works out first.
Nice, man, good to hear you're enjoying it! How'd you clean the tubing? Great deal on the dimples--that's a lot of cooling for $10!

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Nice, man, good to hear you're enjoying it! How'd you clean the tubing?
Good question. I tried to google the best ways to clean vinyl tubing and apparently ISO is safe as long as it's used sparingly and not soaked so that's what I did. Worked really well and quickly and didn't seem to change the elasticity/integrity of the tubing or give any weird taste. I ended up pouring a bit in the tube and swishing it around with both ends closed by my thumbs, but next time I think I could also tie an alcohol wipe to a string and pull it through, using even less ISO.
Great deal on the dimples--that's a lot of cooling for $10!
Yeah, it's tempting... but I'll try the cheap glass that's coming Monday first. Also looking at pairing it with this piece if it needs more cooling.

I'm really liking this vape and if the all-glass path is as tasty as I imagine it'll be then I'm really considering pimping it up with the glass from Elev8 and an upgraded whip with longer tubing and a nicer mouthpiece, like something ceramic...

Last edited:
TigoleBitties,

coolbreeze

Good question. I tried to google the best ways to clean vinyl tubing and apparently ISO is safe as long as it's used sparingly and not soaked so that's what I did. Worked really well and quickly and didn't seem to change the elasticity/integrity of the tubing or give any weird taste. I ended up pouring a bit in the tube and swishing it around with both ends closed by my thumbs, but next time I think I could also tie an alcohol wipe to a string and pull it through, using even less ISO.
Maybe I'll give it another go.
Yeah, it's tempting... but I'll try the cheap glass that's coming Monday first. Also looking at pairing it with this piece if it needs more cooling.
I'm about half-tempted to send mine in for modification. It's not too warm, but dimples would definitely be worth it. I have something like that spiral thing, made by elev8. It's a Saturn Vapor Tamer, the glass coil is inside a tube and surrounded by glass balls. You stick it in the freezer before using it. Works pretty well, keeps cold in use for like 15 mins or so. I don't use it a lot but it's fun to get out when the weather's warm.
10-11-21-015__10823.1633992869.jpg

I'm really liking this vape and if the all-glass path is as tasty as I imagine it'll be then I'm really considering pimping it up with the glass from Elev8 and an upgraded whip with longer tubing and a nicer mouthpiece, like something ceramic...
Sounds awesome! I never really considered it until that pimp cap beckoned, but I'm really happy with how mine turned out.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I'm about half-tempted to send mine in for modification. It's not too warm, but dimples would definitely be worth it. I have something like that spiral thing, made by elev8. It's a Saturn Vapor Tamer, the glass coil is inside a tube and surrounded by glass balls. You stick it in the freezer before using it. Works pretty well, keeps cold in use for like 15 mins or so. I don't use it a lot but it's fun to get out when the weather's warm.
10-11-21-015__10823.1633992869.jpg
Wow, that thing looks like it provides serious cooling.
Sounds awesome! I never really considered it until that pimp cap beckoned, but I'm really happy with how mine turned out.
Yeah, all that stuff turned out great! Once I get my cooling options all figured out I'm gonna give my DBV some more love cosmetically and functionally. It's firmly in the rotation now.

TigoleBitties,

Roger

Hello friends! I received mine yesterday, haven't really had time to test it yet. I did a mini express session with the whip, it promises great things.
On the other hand, my hope for any glass is a little missed, the Sherlock that the store sold me is not curved as it is, and therefore it is unusable, maybe I have to do with a curved connection?
Tonight I'm really testing it, cool!
unnamed.jpg

Top Bottom