Customized vape setups

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Can anyone tell me if these look slitted or not perhaps? I can't tell myself.

tmpdl.jpg

OhTheAgony,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Crap, thanks guys. Should I expect it to be a slugger then? It's a small 7 arm bubbler, almost the same shape as Boobs his GC bub but a few inches shorter.

I never had anything other than a downstem so far so I'm not sure what to expect in terms of smoothness.

OhTheAgony,

High Sigh

SG addict
Should be smooth compared to your others, but its gonna have some chug and not be as great as a slitted one would be, however its still better than a downstem IMO

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks man. It is a diffused downstem btw, a Ehle one with a bigger hole at the end of the tube (I've never seen one myself but I've heard they used to be closed at the bottom end). I find it very smooth compared to a regular one. Does this change your answer in anyway?

I'm so tempted to buy this little bub. It's way more then I was willing to spend and it's worked while I usually prefer clean clear glass. But the damned thing just keeps calling me :cuss:

If anyone can think of a reason not to buy it please help me :lol:

Also, would anyone happen to now where to find a quick comparison of different kinds of diffusion and their properties on the net somewhere?

OhTheAgony,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Ok, I've pretty much decided that boromarket is specifically designed to crush my willpower into sand, heat that sand into purdy glass, and sell it back to me :lol:

So far I've gotten 2 concentrate dishes (1 with a matching dabber) when I don't use oils...
A LW slide when I don't combust.

A Toro piece when I've always thought they seemed a bit overpriced.
A sov stemline (which I've wanted for a while :tup:)
And and EFS sandblasted piece.

But it's art dammit! ;)

(I've managed to acquire all of this before the 1st piece has arrived from shipping :lol: something tells me I'm gonna be seeing my postman a fair bit over the next week or so :lol:)

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
i like your style friddie!!!
i wanted a sov stemline too. went in to look for one but ended up getting my smaller syn piece,

ilovebOObs,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
That SYN piece is sick.
I love how its got a ...
I don't know what they're called...
A reverse perc?
The air bubbles into it instead of out.

It wasn't until the 2nd or 3rd vid I saw that I actually figured out what was going on in there :lol:

I was only going to pick up the one concentrate dish, but after I won 1, I saw a set with krusty the clown in it, and how can you say no to that? :mmmm:

Right now, I'm waiting for the winner of my tracking race between the sov stemline & my warranty LSV.
They both shipped out within 1 day from different parts of the US...

Frederick McGuire,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
which bub is that OTA?

I didn't want to tell until I had pictures of my own to show off, but unfortunately I just found out I'm not gonna have my money in time for the 420 sale and I'm not going to pay the full price for it :(

So here are some (large) pics:

mus02c2.jpg

mus02b2.jpg

mus02a4.jpg

mus02a6.jpg

It's German made Magic Glass.

OhTheAgony,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
wow! nice looking piece the only thing i don't like is where the perk meet the worked area. looks to messy for me. but definitely my kind of piece.

ilovebOObs,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
wow! nice looking piece the only thing i don't like is where the perk meet the worked area. looks to messy for me. but definitely my kind of piece.

Yeah, that part doesn't look as perfect as I want it to either. I still want it though, just not for 385 US$, lol

OhTheAgony,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
You said what I was thinking boobs.
OTA, there are other options around that price range that would get you a better value piece IMO. (but if it's worth it to you that's all that really matters. :tup:)
I haven't received mine yet, but the Toro microverter retails for about $375, an it's an ashcatcher as well as a tube itself (it has a removable mouthpiece, sorta like the one in your pic) but there would be no work on one of those at that price.
Another one is a Luke Wilson/Leisure 15-arm bubbler. My 15 arm functions very nicely, the trees look clean, and they've got slits on them.
A möbius piece is also in that price range too...

Do you mind if I ask you how much it was going to be after the discount?
And what it was that drew you to that piece?

Edit:
I just checked all my tracking numbers, and the stemline landed in the country yesterday :).
So I should have it tomorrow. :tup:
Expect vids :lol:

Frederick McGuire,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I don't know Frederic, I think it was a combination of the worked parts, the size, and the flared mouthpiece that seduced me. But the fact that I don't have to import it all the way from the US (adds about another 120US$ to the price for shipping, taxes & a customs fee), and the idea that not to many people on here would have one probably also didn't help my temptation. The 420 sale takes 30% off I believe, which would put it right around the 200 euro mark. I was contacted by someone who could match that price though, so it's not off yet... :D

I've also been looking at the Mobius Ion bubs, the Vertigo medium bubs (10 arm and showerhead version, but like everybody else I have a hard time getting past those huge colored labels), the Leisure glass 15 arm bub (also not to sure about the label), and I also saw two Manifest glass bubs I liked on Alt last week but I can't find them again now. Usually I don't like the Manifest label, but the ones I saw had a sort of minimalistic version of their label sandblasted on them which didn't make it stand out as much as it usually does. I also think I could live with it because I happen to be a Leo myself :)

I would like something under 11" and a wide mouthpiece is a must, a 14mm (female) joint would be a bonus but that's not a deal breaker. Everything else is optional. I normally don't like worked stuff and big labels, but I really have to see something before I know if I like it or not.

I saw an interview with Ben Wilson somewhere the other day and I must say I liked the dudes attitude and how he talked about his work. Things like that make me wanna buy his stuff, but I haven't seen a BW bub with a flared mouthpiece yet. This one is a beaut to though, I think someone on here just bought one of these recently. If I wasn't so set on getting myself a bubbler first.... ;)

fsdfsak.jpg

OhTheAgony,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
:mmmm: I grabbed a donut from the sale too :tup: but I got some sandblasting on mine.
I've gotta wait for international postage though.
Nice vid.

EDIT:
OTA,
200 euro sounds far more reasonable to me. Still a bit more than I would personally pay for it, but as I said, the important thing is that you like it. I'd still prefer my tree to have slits for that price range though.
for reference, thats the same price I paid to get my LW 15 arm including shipping to Aus.
It was 2nd hand from another FC member though.

Another EDIT:
Guess what came in the mail today :D

My lovely new Sovereignty King Stemline (upgrid)
Here are the pics:

And here's a sneek peek of the first vid I shot of me breaking her in:

That one's for you b00bs :brow:

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
OTA,
200 euro sounds far more reasonable to me. Still a bit more than I would personally pay for it, but as I said, the important thing is that you like it. I'd still prefer my tree to have slits for that price range though.
for reference, thats the same price I paid to get my LW 15 arm including shipping to Aus.
It was 2nd hand from another FC member though.

Nice pick up man!

Yeah, I wish it had slits too but what can you do? I do like it a lot, but I'm not sure if I could sell a piece of that brand again without to much of a lost if it turns out I don't like the diffusion, so it remains a bit of a gamble. But I really hate waiting for USA shipping and paying taxes twice so I think it's still my best contender atm. Still looking around though, I just wish we had a little more choice over here.

I had a chance to pick up a Ion with a Reti perc through the FC classifieds last year, I'm still kicking myself for not jumping all over that one tbh :bang:

OhTheAgony,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
'cos the inline perc broke itself in half and it's not worth the repair? ;)

How did it happen? I would be pissed. Is it worth contacting the blower himself? He might do you a good deal on a replacement/exchange.

WatTyler,
Top Bottom