Customized vape setups

Nycdeisel

wOW, GREAT POST SM! love the family shots and the vapor. I like seeing that mobius bubbler next to the BC, helps me get an idea of the size. What is that hydratube next to the BC in the second shot? looks like something i havent seen. or maybe i just need to vape some more :p

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Great collection StoneMonkey! They are all so magnificent and that vid is fantastic with the cloud milking that beautiful SSFG piece so thick with fog...

I can't help but hurt a little tiny bit for you when I see the sore foot of what looks like a SGW(?) custom bubbler.... How'd she stub her toe?

That Pillar is awesome :o:science:... I want one!

psyshaman,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Great collection StoneMonkey! They are all so magnificent and that vid is fantastic with the cloud milking that beautiful SSFG piece so thick with fog...

I can't help but hurt a little tiny bit for you when I see the sore foot of what looks like a SGW(?) custom bubbler.... How'd she stub her toe?

That Pillar is awesome :o:science:... I want one!

Yeah, ended up closing the closet door while the SGW was still in the way. My heart dropped when it happened but I try not to be too connected to material things but yeah, that one hurt a lot.

@NYC - those are just different HydraTube configurations we've been playing with. Mostly with showerheads :)

stonemonkey55,
Reactions: Nycdeisel

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Swooping in, to show off my Poor Man's (literally) Awesome $80 Vapor Rigs. Please be kind. Not all of us can afford several hundred dollar pieces. Both of these were purchased in the last week. Both have 100% water/air tight integrity. Both deliver excellent feedback and huge rips (though the bubbler is better on immediate feedback).

Yes, I'm aware both are more than likely "Chinese Glass". As I said, I don't have the luxury (yet) of high-end pieces. And these haven't any cracks, only minor imperfections (like a misaligned logo on "Got Glass") and are attractive, IMO. These also certainly get the job done and make it an enjoyable task.

I'd put them up against any other $80 setup, that's for sure.

(NOTE: All slits are cut thru and free from obstruction)

Dome Perc Water Pipe - $40
20120312_163347.jpg

20120312_163412.jpg

20120312_163500.jpg

Newest No-Name Bubbler - $40
20120315_172703.jpg

20120315_172934.jpg

20120315_173123.jpg

20120315_173016.jpg

20120315_172849.jpg

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I've already posted this in the Solo thread, so sorry for cross-posting, but I thought you guys might enjoy this:
2 Solos going through a Y adapter, into My Mobius Clear Reti Bubbler, and my Luke Wilson 15 arm Bubbler.
:tup:

EDIT:
Here is another Vid I just shot:
My SSV going through a SSV 6-arm to SYN Mini-Beaker

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
Hey friends! I thought maybe somebody in this glass+vape mecca could help me out. Not only did my new Headford 90degree Inline A/C break 2 nights ago(and I dont know how/when..). I picked it up yesterday to find the In-Line perc broken off inside, right at the first 'slit'. No scratchs or anything on the external(I didn't drop it). What could have happened? It was used & treated well for about 3 weeks. Bummer! Anyways; my main curiosty is how would you explain a stemless-tube (specifically 'disc' diffused) hits are like? The type of style im talking about is similar to Migrant's disc diffused pieces, & similar others that use "natural perk", which if I am correct means when the stemless doesn't attach to an inner perc, but rather is nothing but water in the airpath. It seems to me that these would have HUGE drag. but i have absolutely no idea. Is it less drag than your standard downstem(non diffused)? or less? also does it make a large difference if there are multiple discs in the tube above where the stem-attachment is located(im assuming it does, but does a single-disc help). I see tubes like this, even a vertigo with no discs & am intrigued. Found a small SYN that is single disc...but Im after least drag/good perculation...so if I should look elsewhere than this style, please let me know! thanks guys

GratefulVapor,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I figure I should stop by and let you guys know what showed up on my doorstep today.
A nice matrix Bub to match my reti one.
:brow:
Yeah, I love it.
It definitely has more of a purr than the chug of the reti, and it's diffusion seems to be smaller bubbles, but more of em, so it stacks a bit better than the reti with a similar water level.

I'm also thinking of getting a boromarket subscription soon, so of anyone wants to reccomend me, itd be nice to save on the $50 signup fee :lol:
I just really want to be able to see the thread contents dammit :lol:

Frederick McGuire,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
:disgust:
Does my word stand for nothing around here? :lol:
OK, just a quick one for you to :drool: over.​
:mmmm:
Edit:
The "bell" bit at the bottom is the slightest bit smaller than the reti perc, so this one is 2-3mm shorter than that one.​
Also, the matrix perc is reinforced being connected to the bottom of the piece, which I cannot say about the reti.​
I've got a feeling I'm gonna pick up something during ALT's 4/20 sale soon...​
there's a few pieces I've been eyeing off (current #1 contender is the 4-arm showerhead by HVY:cool:) , and I would like a sov 180 gridded D/S for my SYN Beaker...​
Another edit:
Does anyone know where I could get a 14mm 7.5cm (3inch) [preferably diffused] downstem?
I can only find ones that go down to 10cm.

sessnet

Noob Saibot

Bought ALMOST the same one on Saturday from J Friendlys. Was only $340 (plus tax, plus travel). How much did you get it for? It was all sold out online!

I am loving it a lot, but yours looks slimmer. Mine looks like this:

ionmatrix.jpg

I wonder what the difference in price/name/etc is?

sessnet,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
yours is the Mobius Ion, Fred's is the Bubbler. About $40 difference on ALT, I think. Yours is slimmer (60mm body vs 75mm ?). One day i will have one of these pieces lol

WatTyler,
Reactions: sessnet

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Thanks for the advice sessnet, but those are all 18mm downstems with a 14mm slide joint - I need a 14mm d/s with 14mm slide joint - think EHLE 100ml downstem, only shorter.
(but I was planning on picking up that sov one for my SYN beaker next time I get something off ALT :lol:)

The matrix was $390, from the classifieds section of these very forums. :tup:
I picked up the reti one from ALT for $330.
IMO the matrix is worth the extra $60.

I remember reading somewhere that there are 2 sizes of matrix perc.
The one they use for their tubes/my bubbler, and a slightly smaller one used for the stereo matrix/ion models.
That was part of the reason I went for the bubblers over the ions

Frederick McGuire,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Ahh dam I didn't know - how much do you thinkt he Ion Matrix usually is? Can't seem to find it online.

Sorry about the bad advice on the downstem...

sessnet,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
As a guess, id say around the $330 mark.
The reti bubbler is $330 on ALT, and the matrix is $370, so I'd guess about $40 over the reti for a matrix.
Reti ion is $290, so therefore id assume the matrix ion is around $330

I got lucky and checked ALT the day they listed some möbius pieces, and that's how I sniped the reti.

It wasn't bad advice, just mistaken, they are still some very nice downstems ;)

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: sessnet

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
I am so freaking bummed about my Headford A/C breaking after only 3 weeks. Was fantastic, and small. I ran water thru her at least once/twice a day, kept her sparkly clean. Was always gentle. It had neverrrr been dropped. Why did the 'in-line' all of a sudden simply SNAP at the first(of 8) slits?! Does this happen to all in-lines? I want to pull the trigger & replace it immediately(even at the outragous price..I cant seem to find a better Inline AC for stemless pieces, especially smaller tubes.), but if its going to break again...I will opt for say..the Vertigo 10-Arm AC(built like a tank, trees welded to bottom, etc.)...but I am worried it may be too heavy or add drag. I am not familiar w/ trees. I thought I was gonna be an "in-line style" fan after trying that headford; but if they are truely so fragile that can break without knowing(I literally dont know when it happened..probably post session rinse). That headford is blown WELL, too. Hope someone can clarify as to whether this was a freak occurance or typical for an inline, unless it is reinforced to opposite side(which obviously adds helluva lot of strength to the perc). Can I safely purchase a Leisure In-Line tube and/or another Headford+SSFG A/Cs; or is it time to try some other styles of perculation/diffusion(something more..stable?) :shrug: :cry:

GratefulVapor,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The Wilsons make pretty solid inlines. I've never seen one of theirs break off like that, so the Leisure should be a quality inline. Do you have a pic?

Stu,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Yeah, Ive never really heard of an inline breaking like that.
Especially for a quality piece like a Headford.

Could you have dropped the A/C on a couch or something?
A fall to give the insides some G forces to handle, and a soft landing so that everything didn't get scratched?
But I guess you would have noticed the break then and there...
:shrug:

Frederick McGuire,

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
I know right? It doesn't make sense.. I am glad to know that this is some weird occurance. Thanks very much for the prompt responses! Its so sad. I'll try to post some pics. pre & post

GratefulVapor,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I know right? It doesn't make sense.. I am glad to know that this is some weird occurance. Thanks very much for the prompt responses! Its so sad. I'll try to post some pics. pre & post

If you bought it from a LHS, you can try to clean it well and take it back. I know the chances are slim, but it is worth a shot.

Try to be as honest as possible, and explain that it must have been poorly attached or made. That is not your fault, and maybe the boss/management would be able to help. I am sure they would rather have a repeat customer, and keep the good ones they have already. At the very least, maybe they will offer you a discount or something for free.

sessnet,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I took a couple of pics of my new matrix stacking bubbles today... (the water level was about 2cm above the top of the perc before I started drawing - around where my thumb is in the first pic.)
:mmmm:

(that 2nd one is from my iphones front facing camera... Crappy quality, but a whole lot easier to shoot :lol:)

EDIT:
I still haven't had much luck finding that short 14mm downstem I was looking for, so my current plan is to cut down an EHLE downstem I have so It'll fit. (I've got a cheap g-spot diffuser in the EHLE, so it wont be missing its original downstem.) :science:

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Its been doing its job very well the past few days. :smug:

I just got myself a BoroMarket Subscription...
Good Lord, I need a direct infusion of willpower... STAT!

Frederick McGuire,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
@sm55 Dude I absolutely love the family shot! Those HTs look killer. Thinking the HydraCirc is actually the most intruiging honestly. I pre-ordered the SGW but damn...VXs resident blower is making some sickness it seems! Love it!

@Frederick McGuire Nice Mobys! I have the same set up (a reti and a matrix bub) but in the Ion size. I noticed a couple of things that you mentioned which I'd been wondering about myself. You said that your Matrix bubbler is a little bit shorter than the Reti. The same is true about my Ion bubblers, the Reti is a little larger. I took a picture today that shows exactly what I'm talking about:

7IWeU.jpg

I'm thinking that this might be intentional though. If you think about it the Reti perc is slightly taller and fills more of the can than the Matrix, and IME/O it also takes a slightly higher water level than the Matrix perc to function properly (at least in the Ion size: I have tried no other Mobius pieces yet). So if you take that in to consideration than the effect is that the Matrix and the Reti have the same functional volume, despite the fact that the percs have slightly different ideal functioning requirements.

You also mentioned that in the larger size bubblers the Matrix perc is reinforced whereas the Reti is not. That's kind of funny, because in my Ions both percs are reinforced. Since that seems to indicate that the reinforcement doesn't interfere with the functionality of the Reti bubbler then maybe your lack of reinforcement was a mistake during production? I'd be interested to hear the experience of others who also own the Reti/Matrix bubs.

@sessnet If you're curious about the rough size difference between a regular Mobius bub and an Ion here is a video that shows a Reti Ion next to a Matrix bub.

So obviously it's not a one to one comparison for a Matrix bub vs a Matrix Ion but it should give a rough idea. Also the estimate provided by Frederick McGuire about the price of a Matrix Ion bubbler was spot on: I purchased a Matrix Ion and a Reti Ion from ALT last December and it was $290 for the Reti and $330 for the Matrix. I will also agree that the price difference is "worth it" even though I prefer the Reti over the Matrix: the amount of work a Matrix must take to make is what makes it worth the extra money IMO. It must be a complete PIA to make that many points of diffusion...and really they both function absolutely gorgeously so money well spent :2c:

:peace:

partially veiled,
Top Bottom