Arizer Solo

jambandphan03

in flavor country
:love: I am LOVING the Solo + Aqua Vape!! I can't wait to get the smaller AV in a few days. The larger one works great, and holds quite a bit of vapor inside once it gets going. It does take a few pulls to get the vapor to start filling it up, but once it's there...whoa baby! I am guessing the smaller one will just cut down on priming time, and travel a bit better. It does feel a little awkward with the larger one towering over the solo. None the less, this thing provides smoooooooth tasty vapor. :drool:

jambandphan03,

vape4life

Banned for life
Welcome to the Solo club Sticks! You're right, the unit doesn't feel very hot in your hands, but with several repeated sessions it can get pretty warm if you use the upper temperature range. My black m107 continues to impress me everyday with the size and quality of clouds, and efficiency. It has completely replaced my EQ, and the warmup speed is one the biggest things too. So nice to be portable and sit on the sofa and exhale into the smokebuddy....so convenient!

For those with stems becoming looser....try taking the cap off and invert the solo and press it into a table. It should "reset" the ring and make it feel like new again.

I feel the BEST drawing stems are one big hole with a screen, but they cache quick. No need for 4 little holes, not sure why arizer doesn't just include stems, but that's probably to do with the stealth aromatherapy marketing.

Just wished the battery would last longer... Miss the battery time on the old Ceramics.

vape4life,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
:love: I am LOVING the Solo + Aqua Vape!! I can't wait to get the smaller AV in a few days. The larger one works great, and holds quite a bit of vapor inside once it gets going. It does take a few pulls to get the vapor to start filling it up, but once it's there...whoa baby! I am guessing the smaller one will just cut down on priming time, and travel a bit better. It does feel a little awkward with the larger one towering over the solo. None the less, this thing provides smoooooooth tasty vapor. :drool:

Sounds like you have a mini Cloud going there :)

sessnet,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Please don't insult VXL with that statement ;-) It's not even CLOSE to a mini cloud.

Oh boy...c'mon man, we can dream can't we? At least until next year when mine might ship... And until there is an official "mini cloud", I hereby vote for the Solo :p

sessnet,
Greetings everyone, I currently have a MFLB and I am thinking about getting either the Arizer Solo or Da Buddah. Keeping in mind that I already have a MFLB so having something portable is not the biggest concern I would rather have the vape that delievers the best hits and can do the job with the least amount of material.

I have not used the MFLB in over a year(had to stop consuming for various issues) but I do remember when I did use it I was wishing for the power adapter. However after reading these forms I have decided investing more money into the flight box may not be a good idea.

So which vape is best? When taking into consideration the quality of vapor and the amount of material used?

I have looked through most of this thread and while I have not seen anyone ask the same question I do see that many people that post in this thread have both vapes or this one and another similar tabletop.

Thanks in advance!
If that is the case I would say the da buddha is the better option. But the solo is a waaaay better portable than the MFLB is, at least at getting you medicated.

VapeNStone,
I am more concerned about quality of hits rather than amount of herbs used. Would you say the DBV still uses less than combustion? I have seen pictures of the bowls but I have never seen one in person. Any idea of an actual amount it takes to fill each bowl and the amount of hits you get per bowl? My friend has a volcano and I am looking for something that can get me to that level.
my da buddha pretty fricken full is .2 or .3ish.

VapeNStone,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
starting my day with a solo herb kif sandwich... nice :smug:

Just want to say, the Solo I bought from Amazon has been working great, no complaints. It's been treating me right, out of the box. :luv:

jambandphan03,
Reactions: sessnet

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Cool kuroth, let us know how it works.
Has anyone else hit their solo through an inline piece?
I tried mine through my nautilus layback inline ages ago and didn't feel like there was enough flow for it to function right.

Frederick McGuire,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I hit mine all the time and it works fine.

When I'm vapebonging I take the cap off and try to hold it about 1mm off of the stem. The flow is great.

CentiZen,

dorkus_molorkus

I used my solo & nauti inline as my daily driver milkmachine for months. The key is in the preheat. there is a vid somewhere of me milking 2 solos in succession with pretty descent clouds..

dorkus_molorkus,

tepictoton

Been using the solo (black M106 2012 model) for a week now. Can advice it to everybody. Heat up time is good, mostly it will be heated up by the time I loaded the bowl.

I did add an extra screen to the bottom of the heating chamber as well as in the top of the bowl of the glass piece. The bottom one seemed to increase airflow a bit, and takes away most of my concern of AVB getting in the air holes of the unit. The top one in the glass bowl was necessary to stop particals from getting trough and into my mouth. Luckily I had read this thread completely before purchasing the solo so I already knew this would work.

Taste is superb, and vapor production is amazing. My herbs last lots longer and the effect is lot clearer in comparison to smoking. My typical bowl will be about .15 to .2g of herbs and will last me mostly for a good 7-8minutes of vaping. First hit, 15seconds in, is almost always without vapor, but man what a taste. This depends on if this is the first load or not. when the unit is heated up completely, for instance when I start a second session straigth after the first, it will produce vapor even with the first hit after being in the heating chamber for about 10seconds.

I used to own an i-olite, but the Solo literally blows that away when it comes to efficiency and taste. Battery life is huge, for me, I can use it during the day as much as I want and recharge during nighttime. Never ran out of power yet. And the unit does not even get warm after several back to back sessions. Now only thing to see is how long it lasts. And it does not produce any hissing sounds or anything like that.

And I have been using it on the go too. Funny how people have no clue when they see me walking by. Seeing it does produce visable and smelable(hihi) vapor, I would not advice doing this if you don't live in for instance the Netherlands :-)

So those are my two cents for now.

Any idea if it is possible to get the glass tube to fit it onto glasswork in Europe? I have seen them being mentioned in this thread but only from shops in the states.

So happy I found this forum, it really makes a huge difference in deciding what units to buy or not. And as so many, I am on the waiting list to get my Cloud, will be my first desktop model...

Ville23

@tepictoton Wow...nice write up!

I also love hitting when it's heating up and tasting that sweet flavor!
I've had mine a week and it's been so great...What an amazing portable vape!
I was a little concerned about the "new electronics" smell at first but that goes away pretty quick.

The draw is still a bit stiff for my liking but it's worth it for the clouds!
I wish they would have a one hole stem but it looks like there's some new ones coming out soon!

Been soooooo happy with my new Solo:love:

Ville23,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Cool kuroth, let us know how it works.
Has anyone else hit their solo through an inline piece?
I tried mine through my nautilus layback inline ages ago and didn't feel like there was enough flow for it to function right.

Yea its small(Only 10 inches tall) And PV said its works well with the Solo..

Kuroth1,
Reactions: ili
So yesterday I got a pollen press in the mail and went to town with all the goodness sitting at the bottom of my grinder. By the time I was done playing with my new toy I wound up with a little over 3 grams of hash. Anyways I did 4 different batches in the oven, just experimenting. One @ 150 degrees F for 10 min, another at 200 degrees F for 10 minutes, one @ 250 for 5 minutes, and the last one @ 300 F for 5 minutes. From the oven the press was put in the freezer until cold to the touch.

Anyways this morning I just broke one of the pressed discs apart(300 degrees one) and threw it in my solo all by itself with a screen between the stem and heater. On 7 I could not get any vapor! I hit my solo for 5 minutes and nothing. Not a single cloud. Got pissed and threw the piece of hash in my bowl and got friggen ripped. Anyone else have this issue with their Solo not doing clouds with pressed keif? I can blow clouds with herb no prob but nothing with this hash I pressed.

E.F.Searles,

hogleg

yes I have maybe its pressed too much the heat is just going around. When I press the kif in my grinder I do not heat it makes it easier to crumble up while packing

hogleg,
This stuff doesn't crumble since it has been heated. I mixed some in with some herb at 3am this morn but I was already ripped from vaping all day and night. I just wanted to vape the hash by itself.

E.F.Searles,

Nintendo84

Just jumping on here guys! I am a new member to this site/forum and have my own experiences to share. My vaping experience/interest began about a year ago when a Discgolf community that I joined all used Vaporizers. I believe they had HerbalAires. anyways I researched Vapes and quickly came to realize that they offer an immense health benefit, and a very necessary monetary benefit as well (through saving/ using less herbs to achieve desired medicated state). Unfortunately I am a total idiot. I got excited and bought the first one I saw at a head shop. Sadly it was a Phantom. First I :doh::ugh::cry: then I :cuss::rant: :mental: . So long story short the Phantom is a horrible horrible horrible vaporizing unit. I did taste the brass heating element after about a month of use, or should I say attempted use. Even at the highest temp, it seemed like it always either got too hot and basically burned the herbs, or didn't get hot enough to have anywhere near the desired effect. the provided bags are sh** but I can figure out away around that if the actual vapor, or "smoke" sometimes was actually effective. It was actually the exact opposite. I found my self using much much more herbs and not getting any where near the desired effect that can be reached with half of the that amount being smoked out of any water piece. So after a year or so I have finally decided to make another attempt at switching over from smoking to vaporizing. I did a lot of research and decided to go with the Arizer Solo. I purchased it from Quality Vape on Amazon for 160.99 USD. It should arrive in two days. I hope I will be satisfied. I love Amazon so much, and I trust them even more. Quality Vape which shows up as NW Healthtek stated in their ad that it had the latest upgraded model with 2 year warranty. I hope that I receive the M107SS batch/model. I am not sure what to do if I recieve a different unit (m102,103,104,105,106). Should I keep it anyways what ever it is? Was the Solo a good Idea?

Nintendo84,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
i think most people are getting the 107 at the moment from amazon. but you should be good with anything above 105.

ilovebOObs,
Top Bottom