Arizer Solo

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You could do it with some tubing on the tapered stealth stem from PV. Other wise the tubing needed to connect the two (stem and elbow) are quite different in size. I'm sure you could rig something with different sized tubing, but why bother when the stem mates pretty nicely on it's own? I've been using the GonG stem a lot and I really like it. I just wish I'd gone with the carb version as lifting it out to clear a hit can be a tricky task when the stem gets hot next to the bowl.

:2c:

Edit: I just realized Sticks was talking about the elbow screen and not the elbow. Feel free to laugh at me and disregard everything I just wrote. :doh:

2nd edit: @Sticks: The elbow screen is too large in diameter to be of use in either the bowl or the stem.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Sorry, man.... It's been an especially rough day and I'm taking it out on my stash.

:peace:

Stu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Guys, what do you think about these kind of bubblers?

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin...bler_Pipe__Candy_Reversal.cfm?iProductID=4800

Can the Solo be used with these? I can't seem to find any small thick glass bubblers in the under 50 euros range except this kind...

I've posted it in the cheap bubbler thread as well, but I use something with a similar bowl with mine. It's not as great as 14mm GonG connection, but it works with a bit of silicon hosing on the end of the glass stem.

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: ili

natural farmer

I've posted it in the cheap bubbler thread as well, but I use something with a similar bowl with mine. It's not as great as 14mm GonG connection, but it works with a bit of silicon hosing on the end of the glass stem.

Thanks a lot man, that's what I was looking for, the info on the silicon tube on the stem and that it works. Could you do a small comparison if you have time between the ehle 250ml + diffuser that you own and the bubbler?

natural farmer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Quick one: Diffusion is pretty good on the small Weedstar and it tastes a bit better than the Ehle because the vapor has to travel through less water. It's also a bit quieter, I suspect mostly because it has a more enclosed design. I also like how it feels in my hand, it is sturdy and has a nice weight and fits in my hand comfortably.

But even though all the positives I only use it as a portable, now the novelty has worn off. I just prefer the Ehle. It cools the vapor much better and I just like the whole ergonomics and volume of the thing. The ability to see the vapor is also a big plus for me as it helps me to judge temps and state of the bowl/herbs and prevent combustion with the vapes that are capable of higher temps, but that shouldn't be an issue with the Solo.

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: ili

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'll ask this again, I have lots of the clear tubing that is stiff and hard to stretch, silicone I think, it is about the exact same diameter as the solo stem. I am looking for the softer, more flexible and stretchy tubing that is the same diameter, but not sure what to search for. Can anyone help me out?

jambandphan03,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
ilovebOObs,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I'll ask this again, I have lots of the clear tubing that is stiff and hard to stretch, silicone I think, it is about the exact same diameter as the solo stem. I am looking for the softer, more flexible and stretchy tubing that is the same diameter, but not sure what to search for. Can anyone help me out?

How about searching the forum?
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/whip-tubing-all-your-questions-answered.3311/
74 posts all about tubing to help cut down on redundancy

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
How about just helping the guy without being smarmy?

This topic has been covered, AND it has its own thread. He/She is not a forum newbie, this is not a new question and so I did not think I was being "swarmy". Sorry if get a little jilted over same questions again and again, because people dont want to take time to read. Mea culpa!!

Funny how your 1st thought was to "zing" me, and not help the op. You haven't even been registered here for 30 days. How about just try reading over forum rules.
General Forum Etiquette

• Lurk before posting. Please search and read before posting to see if your topic is already covered.
OP post covered in another topic already

Silver420Surfer,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Thanks for the reply Ili. I am pretty happy with the taste to be honest. I do also stir the herb every once in a while. My concern is that when you (and I) stand the vape straight, I cannot see how the ground herb does not end up touching the plate. Which in my opinion makes this closer to combustion than induction. I want to be as far away from any direct contact between the two and there does not seem to be anyway to really achieve that :(

The other thing is that with hash there is just no way to keep it 'wedged in' into the glass bowl since melting makes it drip into the hot plate eventually. My work around is to never hold the vape straight up with hash no matter what - wither sideways or upside down - which reduces the vapor in my case for sure.

I was just wondering if people worry about this here, or is it me just being paranoid?

Cheers,
P

I'm confused. The herb touching the metal is conduction and that's part of how the solo works. What the manual is trying to say which are you misinterpreting is, once you have ground your herb don't stuff into the solo and then try to jam the glass stem on top. Simply fill the glass wand with your herbs and then insert the stem into the solo. Thats all they are trying to say.

Regardless the solo doesn't get hot enough to combust. Many vapes work using both conduction and convection and the solo is one of them. If you want a portable herb vape that is purely convection than check out the thermovape.

With hash and wax its super easy.

put a little herb in the stem, load some hash, oil, wax, kief, shatter, etc... pack a some herb in there so you have a hash sandwich and you're good to go. If you want to do straight wax then check out the disc mod a few pages back.

and BTW: JamBandPhan this thread has some good tubing information in it.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/whip-tubing-all-your-questions-answered.3311/

ru_frothi,

VapeVoice

This topic has been covered, AND it has its own thread. He/She is not a forum newbie, this is not a new question and so I did not think I was being "swarmy". Sorry if get a little jilted over same questions again and again, because people dont want to take time to read. Mea culpa!!

Funny how your 1st thought was to "zing" me, and not help the op. You haven't even been registered here for 30 days. How about just try reading over forum rules.
General Forum Etiquette

• Lurk before posting. Please search and read before posting to see if your topic is already covered.
OP post covered in another topic already

May want to do that math again, not that it matters how long I have been here anyway. Regardless, your smarminess was uncalled for. If reading things is enough to chap your rear end perhaps you should go vape ;) This forum has mods, you are not one of them. So no need for you to police anything IMHO. Now back to your regularly scheduled episode.

PS: Wasn't "zing"ing anyone. It was an honest question. it has always baffled me how some people on forums act as if it is theirs personally and how dare anyone do anything that may bother said person. These forums are not the easiest to search and have broken links everywhere. How hard is it to post a link to help without the little jab in there as well?

VapeVoice,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
VapeVoice, while Silver420Surfer is not a mod, he is correct in directing the OP to the thread that has already been established. I didn't see his response as smarmy at all. You were the one to make it negative.

And let me also say that while he not a mod, neither are you. Please keep it in mind. If you have a problem with something someone here on the forum says, there is a report button at the bottom of each post. Do not take matters into your own hands. It's not your job; it's ours.

VapeVoice

It was actually quite smarmy but, hey i know how clicky these places can get. So I digress, I just must be an a$%holw :)

OP note: I understand quite clearly, thanks for pointing it out even though it already was. I never once questioned a staff decision and actually backed away and left it alone. Then a MOD, who you would think would want an issue to be moved on from, brought it back up after it was a non-issue. So I guess thats perfect for being "clicky". Since you asked the question and all.

Mod note: Perhaps you'll understand better if I put it like this..
If you feel someone is breaking the rules or causing some kind of problem, don’t try to deal with it yourself. Use the Report feature located near the lower right of each post.
And now you are treading heavily on this rule:
Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member..

And, I will end with:

If you don’t like the rules or the moderation, feel free not to post.

How's that for being "clicky?"

VapeVoice,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@VapeVoice---Not clicky at all here. Right or wrong, rules are rules. OP should have searched or just looked in the Vapor related equipment post, it's even a d@mn stickied post. So it's not to hard to find. It was an honest question, that has it's OWN thread stickied by the MOD, end of discussion on that.I just hate laziness, not trying to police or bully. If you havent seen this done on a ton of other threads here, where somebody asks an already answered(many times over) question, and then peeps reply "use search first" or "that's already been answered here", you're gonna hate on more than me.

Silver420Surfer,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Thanks for the info on the tubing, I was not sure exactly what to call it (the flexible tubing), or I would have done more searching myself. If you don't have the right search criteria, it's hard to pull up the correct info in the search engines.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: VapeVoice

Authrom

Greetings everyone, I currently have a MFLB and I am thinking about getting either the Arizer Solo or Da Buddah. Keeping in mind that I already have a MFLB so having something portable is not the biggest concern I would rather have the vape that delievers the best hits and can do the job with the least amount of material.

I have not used the MFLB in over a year(had to stop consuming for various issues) but I do remember when I did use it I was wishing for the power adapter. However after reading these forms I have decided investing more money into the flight box may not be a good idea.

So which vape is best? When taking into consideration the quality of vapor and the amount of material used?

I have looked through most of this thread and while I have not seen anyone ask the same question I do see that many people that post in this thread have both vapes or this one and another similar tabletop.

Thanks in advance!

Authrom,

VapeVoice

I'd go with the DBV. I have the Solo, its what got me to switch 100% to vaping. With that said, I own both and I use the DBV a LOT more. The Solo is now my travel vape and will get the job done nicely but, if you have the MFLB and you aren't worried about travelling or stealth aspects I would say to definitely go DBV. Its rugged, and gives you great hits! If using the least amount of herbs possible is your ultimate goal it seems like you should look into getting a good log vape. Just something to think about.

VapeVoice,

Authrom

I'd go with the DBV. I have the Solo, its what got me to switch 100% to vaping. With that said, I own both and I use the DBV a LOT more. The Solo is now my travel vape and will get the job done nicely but, if you have the MFLB and you aren't worried about travelling or stealth aspects I would say to definitely go DBV. Its rugged, and gives you great hits! If using the least amount of herbs possible is your ultimate goal it seems like you should look into getting a good log vape. Just something to think about.

I am more concerned about quality of hits rather than amount of herbs used. Would you say the DBV still uses less than combustion? I have seen pictures of the bowls but I have never seen one in person. Any idea of an actual amount it takes to fill each bowl and the amount of hits you get per bowl? My friend has a volcano and I am looking for something that can get me to that level.

Authrom,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I just acquired a Solo so I thought I would join in on the conversation. I've been lurking this thread for a while, but started skimming and skipping after page 150 or so. One thing I never saw mentioned that I really like is that the base unit never even gets above warm at the top. The only way to burn yourself is to either stick your finger in the whole or grab a hot stem.

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I just acquired a Solo so I thought I would join in on the conversation. I've been lurking this thread for a while, but started skimming and skipping after page 150 or so. One thing I never saw mentioned that I really like is that the base unit never even gets above warm at the top. The only way to burn yourself is to either stick your finger in the whole or grab a hot stem.

The regular stems never really get that hot, there is plenty of room to grab them by. The glass-on-glass stems, however, are smaller, and can get pretty hot to handle if you leave them in for a long time.

Congrats on the Solo purchase!

sessnet,

VapeVoice

I can't speak for B00b's stem mod, but the draw on the solo without it is tough. Not saying you can't satisfy with it. I absolutely love my Solo. But, The hits are better with the DBV IMO.

VapeVoice,
Reactions: hogleg

natural farmer

I am more concerned about quality of hits rather than amount of herbs used. Would you say the DBV still uses less than combustion? I have seen pictures of the bowls but I have never seen one in person. Any idea of an actual amount it takes to fill each bowl and the amount of hits you get per bowl? My friend has a volcano and I am looking for something that can get me to that level.

Hi Authrom! I had a LB too and went with the Solo as I need an all-round vape that can go anywhere. If I could afford it though, I wouldn't go with a big unit but with a good hot log and a small bubbler or tube. The Solo would accompany me to the outdoors alright and the HI/glass combo would be the home unit, which would be easy to pack in a small bag (minimum weight) and take it with me if I visited a friend for some days... And from what I have seen the HI offers better hits than both DBV and SSV... It would also last a lot longer as the construction is so simple, you can service it yourself for ever...

My humble opinion...

natural farmer,
Top Bottom