Anyone able to still smoke and vape?

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
... No wonder I had so many colds in the past.
I still get colds though.. Getting tired of it now
But, yeah I totally miss this ritual of consuming together. I hope we can find ways to put that social aspect of consumption more into focus with vaporizers.
I think there are ways to do that already with current vapes. Ex. using personal mouthpieces or stems. Pass the vape only then attach your own stem :spliff:

Tellus,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
In 11 years I've rolled one joint and filled one pipe bowl. Both tasted like fireplace ash. Fuck that.
If ever offered to smoke up, I'll decline and just vape along with the combuster(s). I definitely offer the vape, usually the Mighty, to all, and very often people do want to try it (my friends are mostly older folk). Of course it is not often changing their game. I've only made about 4 converts in all these years.

simba

@weedanwine
Yeah, "a hit", maybe, when you're by yourself, as is the case for most vaporists.... but a joint can satisfy a GROUP much more easily than having to dole 'em out on a Lotus....and that's if everyone knows how to use it. Ever use a dugout for "a hit", or even a bowl....? You're gonna say using a Lotus is faster/easier? I do not agree.

Been rolling for over 40 years (used a dugout for 30), and still very much enjoy twisting 'em up for my buddies when they require only the BEST, I just don't enjoy smoking 'em anymore, or even being around the smoke.
Nah we know it wouldn't, but there are plenty of other vapes that can. I know the counter argument is you don't want lots of vapes, fair enough but it doesn't change the fact joints are trash 🤮 even if they are more convenient.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The closest experience to smoking a joint with a vape is passing around the prefilled rosin cartridge.

It's why they are the #2 seller, just behind pre-rolled joints.

Most of the newer cart/pod systems don't even have a button, you just inhale.

Nothing else even comes close as far as a truly portable, passable, pocketable solution.

Also the cost of entry for these devices is about $20 for a battery which is why millions of people are doing that rather then buying our dry herb devices. I could talk about this subject for hours!

fw3fb.jpg

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I couldnt stand combustion ,before i started vaping. Always smelled like ass to me and hated when some was doing that around me . Vaporizing was a way back to flower from for me concentrates like 14 years ago. To be honest nowadays i am not bothering to bring out and about anything different then a prefilled cart though ,convenience and hits you get for the battery life and size cannot be matched.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
No, I can't smoke anymore and I don't want to! It's easy for me to decline a joint passed, I'll just grab whatever is in my pocket and join them for a hit or two none the less.

I was a joint snooker for nearly 30 years too. I rolled so many it was mostly muscle memory and not in any way fiddly. I bet I could still roll without thinking about it, and the rolling skills were something I was proud of and do miss sometimes.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well, that passing and sharing I don't miss anymore. I gave it up after I caught a real nasty infection from a friend I was sharing a quick joint with outside. She was already a bit sick, and got real bad the days and weeks afterwards. Me too then. It took me several month to recover. And I totally learned my lesson. It all started with a joint, so no more joint sharing :hmm:. Then, a month later, the pandemic hit and we all (well, many) re-evaluated our behavior. So why is passing a joint around (even to strangers) still a thing? No wonder I had so many colds in the past.

But, yeah I totally miss this ritual of consuming together. I hope we can find ways to put that social aspect of consumption more into focus with vaporizers. That's kind of a health aspect, too.

Yes that is the other huge part of why it is not as social anymore, I mean I am not that social anymore, but cannot imagine sharing things anymore (now I bring my own rig over to my buddies for dabbing, also because I have so much nice glass, which he mocks because I cannot share it with him lol) even if you can trust the one person, cannot trust every person they have interacted with, etc. The pandemic made me realize how we get sick to begin with, and that is something I just don't really ever want in any capacity!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I used to smoke it when I was in college, then a 20 year hiatus, now only vaping for the last 7-8 years. Smoking tastes like shit. However, I still love the smell of a burning joint. I think it's the nostalgia.

Rolling was never one of my strong points. I rolled a shitty, loose joint. But I was good at separating the seeds out.

Even now and then the dispensary will throw a free cone joint in the bag. I'll usually dry puff on it for a bit for the fun and flavor, but then I just toss it. I don't need to vape shake.

In terms of sharing. My wife is the only one who knows I vape (besides you guys) and she doesn't use it, so there is no sharing. I will vape along with the chat during the Troy and Jerry show or Cewpins sometimes. Probably why I only like on-demand vapes.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I don't remember getting sick all that more often before covid or back in the day when I often smoked in groups.

Not including carts, obviously, my Old Head - Terp Ready system w/the terp hammer is probably the least fiddly flower (and dab) vape I've used to date. Pretty much idiot-proof. Dump grind in bowl, slam down heated hammer, pull til no more vapor, dump abv... rinse and repeat til satisfied. Nothing like smoking a joint with buddies but very similar to the bong rip sessions of yore...

Last edited:

simba

@weedanwine
You can ride it real close 😏 there are a few vapes that can give those big hits that for a moment feel like combustion but then you check the bowl and it's all good 🫠 mainly butane vapes ime but some 510 vapes can hit similarly e.g Stempod & Dreamwood Glow.

A hand-carved VG is one of my travel vapes and I've been away from home a couple of days using that mainly, it can really deliver!

hillbill

That Aluminum is the revised version with a lot of aluminum surrounding the bowl, terrific heat sink really. I got it when it first came out, might be 10 years ago.

hillbill,
Reactions: simba

CANtalk

On a winter vacation to MX this year I smoked cannabis for convenience. And probably only 2X in the last 5 yrs. My lungs could not handle it. Wow, what a difference vaping :bowdown:

:peace: :leaf:

Dopamine

Somebody offers up a joint, I kindly refuse. If I were offered a Marlboro, I would probably jump all over it sadly. What I really miss about smoking was the portability of it. A bowl, a lighter, and a film canister of pre ground. It was simpler, but now tastes like ass.

VapurrDo

I accidentally burn my weed recently and REALLY choked on it. Something about smoke that is made "on the threshold" of high temp vaporization... makes it so obnoxious compared to just a joint or a bong hit or a cigar

VapurrDo,

maremaresing

I accidentally combusted last night and was reminded of the following:

1. How painful inhaling smoke is.
  2. How much smell is generated from the smoke and how it lingers for hours
  3. How the device, your hands, everything, immediately smells gross and is impossible to get clean
  4. How it is absolutely stupid for anyone to have a porous vapor path like wood. Metal or glass you can just toss in ISO to refresh, but wood? ugh.
  5. Dumping ash out is gross and stains everything it touches
  6. IT'S WEAKSAUCE FOR EFFECTS. Gosh I know how that bowl can get me if I vaped it but running through all of it smoking made me barely feel anything. "Oh but you don't get the same effects as smoking you are missing something when you vape" LOL
I'm totally disgusted. Fuck combustion 5ever.

High Temp Vaporizing > Combustion

DcTokeMan

VapinBlackGuy<~~~Rare
Ive found a good "workaround" to keep any smoking craving I may have at bay. Simple pack my Dynavap and put it in the Wand a few seconds too long. Once that combustion smell hits me, im IMMEDIATELY happy that im not inhaling that horrible fuckn smell.

The_M

I smoke sigars, vape mj, not a direct comparison, however never liked to smoke mj due to coughing and insane smell after, compared to vaping.

Cigar smoking more about smoke itself, rather high

The_M,

hillbill

Cigar smoke has an incredibly disgusting smell that lingers for months in a small place. Just as bad on clothing.

Last edited:
hillbill,

gheebee

After over a decade of not smoking and not having any interest in doing so I found myself the recipient of some free pre-rolls and wound up smoking the one I didn't give away after a few beers late one night. It was nice going out for a late-night smoke and now I'll do that maybe once a month, but I found on Friday that it's losing it's novelty so I doubt for much longer. I think part of the appeal is that the last time I smoked weed was illegal and back then I used to worry a lot about the smell, but now I don't have to and it's nice to do it without having to think about that at all. Beyond that the only interest I have in smoking is smoking hash out of a cup, it's another novelty thing and something I never really got to try. Maybe someday they'll start selling the right kind of hash around here and I'll get that out of my system...

gheebee,
Top Bottom