Stash Shack seems to delete very low reviews

Archibald

Hey y'all. I felt like I should make a thread here about this. Anyhow, it seems that thestashshack.com deletes, at the very least, 1-star reviews for items. I bought a cheap piece from them (https://thestashshack.com/products/beaded-j-hook-glass-stem) that broke apart after it just slid out of my hand and fell onto my desk from maybe three or four inches up; the glass was incredibly thin. I went and wrote a 1-star review. I received an email and everything to verify my review, but the review wasn't there. I thought it maybe got flagged because I swore a bit in it (I wasn't exactly in the best mood), so I wrote another and verified it, too, but it also seems to not be there.

My 3-star review for another item went up just fine, so I guess whatever they use automatically culls 1-star reviews. I haven't seen any emails in my inbox trying to address my review (which I didn't expect; even if it was another seller, I wouldn't expect them to replace something that broke because of me), so I don't think they're doing something where they're keeping them from going up until they've had time to try and address them.

Anyhow, I just felt like I should put the word out about this.

Archibald,
Reactions: Octavia

Archibald

Update on all this: they replied to my review on Trustpilot (https://www.trustpilot.com/users/65f1c02c7da2ef0012c6a61d). While I get their reasoning, it would've made more sense to me for them to reply to the review on the item I was complaining about in the first place, rather than waiting until I complain elsewhere about them as a business and then trying to do something. The other pieces I purchased from them weren't near as flimsy; if the glass is so thin that I'm worried I might grip it too hard, it has structural issues outside what glass usually has.

Anyhow, I won't be taking them up on their offer, and I won't be using them again.

Rodney

Update on all this: they replied to my review on Trustpilot (https://www.trustpilot.com/users/65f1c02c7da2ef0012c6a61d). While I get their reasoning, it would've made more sense to me for them to reply to the review on the item I was complaining about in the first place, rather than waiting until I complain elsewhere about them as a business and then trying to do something. The other pieces I purchased from them weren't near as flimsy; if the glass is so thin that I'm worried I might grip it too hard, it has structural issues outside what glass usually has.

Anyhow, I won't be taking them up on their offer, and I won't be using them again.

I know exactly how you feel as had this happen to me and made a review saying it broke far too easy when I tapped it on the desk and it cracked and they deleted it then after emailing them asking why was told the same and offered £10 off anything I bought. I did not take them up on the offer and never shopped there again.

This was year ago it happen and since I have thought about it and maybe I should not have handled the bowl in such a harsh way but it was made from borosilicate glass so.

The right way for them to have handled both our reviews was to reply to them on the website under our reviews with their opinion as the way they did it seems shady and lost them future customers and is just a lazy way of dealing with customers.

I also had this happen to me another time I ordered from another place and it was something to do with shipping cost being double what it should have been and I made a review saying and was removed then out of no where i was refunded half the shipping cost back without even a explanation.

Is something that I am sure these business think will get them more customers and money as 100% positive reviews but it does not always work out that way and am sure they would do much better just letting people have an opinion then replying with their own opinion just like normal adults do.

Anyways I hope you get your part replaced and find a better place to shop!! :)

Top Bottom