Venty by Storz & Bickel

AndyO

You're talking like there aren't venty bricks everywhere lol. I said what I said based on the situation, you said whatever you said based on intuition while bashing most pure convection vapes out there. You want to trust them? Be my guest - but:
  • Don't bash other products like this without an actual proof, especially when we are at the fake news era.
  • Don't blame people who don't, based of evidence, because after all these bricks and err codes drama we have the right to do so.

How many bricks do you reckon there are? Looking at FC and Reddit, I think a reported number of 150 would be extremely generous.

We hear that 10,000 units from the initial launch were bricked. They were replaced with another 10,000 units. Then there's however many thousands of units they've sold on top of that.

This is not a failed product launch, it's a bizarre modern-style online campaign against a company and a PR response from a company that isn't worried about it.

justcametomind

You're talking like there aren't venty bricks everywhere lol. I said what I said based on the situation, you said whatever you said based on intuition while bashing most pure convection vapes out there. You want to trust them? Be my guest - but:
  • Don't bash other products like this without an actual proof, especially when we are at the fake news era.
  • Don't blame people who don't, based of evidence, because after all these bricks and err codes drama we have the right to do so.
Aren’t we talking about a manufacturer that’s the biggest one on the market, that basically invented medical vaporizers? Am I entitled to praise a vaporizer in its own thread? Yes. Can I say I trust SB more than any other manufacturer at least here, or I have to post a disclaimer like “take my words with a grain of salt, I am a fan but “SB is responsible for many bricks”” at every post? Or having other people counterpointing that we fans shouldn’t fly high with praises cause we are talking about a “guilty” manufacturer? This must end, get over it. They made things right after that. I trust SB plastics and bags more than any artisanal glass vapor path and since the biggest medical manufacturer chose not to use glowing coils and instant on demand I feel safer using their quasi on demand for the time being.

XpeeN

Aren’t we talking about a manufacturer that’s the biggest one on the market, that basically invented medical vaporizers? Am I entitled to praise a vaporizer in its own thread? Yes. Can I say I trust SB more than any other manufacturer at least here, or I have to post a disclaimer like “take my words with a grain of salt, I am a fan but “SB is responsible for many bricks”” at every post? Or having other people counterpointing that we fans shouldn’t fly high with praises cause we are talking about a “guilty” manufacturer? This must end, get over it. They made things right after that. I trust SB plastics and bags more than any artisanal glass vapor path and since the biggest medical manufacturer chose not to use glowing coils and instant on demand I feel safer using their quasi on demand for the time being.
I didn't really care about your feelings for S&B, and about the venty in general for this conversation until you kept pushing it. I care about the "glowing element bad" conclusion. I'm glad you and other can enjoy the venty, even though I personally won't recommend it for now because I don't trust them after all that happened, but I didn't say you shouldn't. In my initial comment I mentioned that that's not how to get a conclusion, and you jumped to another conclusion that I commented about it because you're S&B fan and I'm an hater. You said something that could lead people to reconsider if these heating elements are safe without an actual reason.

How many bricks do you reckon there are? Looking at FC and Reddit, I think a reported number of 150 would be extremely generous.

We hear that 10,000 units from the initial launch were bricked. They were replaced with another 10,000 units. Then there's however many thousands of units they've sold on top of that.

This is not a failed product launch, it's a bizarre modern-style online campaign against a company and a PR response from a company that isn't worried about it.
I don't know how many bricks there are, but be sure that not every single one that had to brick ran to reddit or FC to report it. We both don't have S&B's report about the numbers, are we? if you have some data to show us, please do.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
so my biggest complaint is that I think the Venty loses a lot more performance coupled with dosing capsules than the Mighty+ does

Odd, with the adjustable airflow, my Venty is the 1st device I own, that the capsules are just as good as directly loading the bowl! Hardly any difference…
This of course is using the TITANIUM capsules, I’ve mentioned previously.
Before giving up, try a (5) pack.
Good luck.

DadaBoo

B2, Mighty+, M/Omni, Volcano Hybrid, TM2, Anvil
I don't know how many bricks there are, but be sure that not every single one that had to brick ran to reddit or FC to report it. We both don't have S&B's report about the numbers, are we? if you have some data to show us, please do.

I'm glad you and other can enjoy the venty, even though I personally won't recommend it for now because I don't trust them after all that happened

I find this conclusion strange.

You admit to not knowing the depth and breadth of the Venty failures out in the wild, but come to the conclusion that it's not a trust worthy device.

XpeeN

Repeated company bashing
I find this conclusion strange.

You admit to not knowing the depth and breadth of the Venty failures out in the wild, but come to the conclusion that it's not a trust worthy device.
I don't trust them because we saw 100s of vapes that got errors or bricked out, and that's probably not close to the actual number of devices. So you're telling me that AT LEAST 100 vapes are not enough to draw a conclusion? try harder

XpeeN,

DadaBoo

I don't trust them because we saw 100s of vapes that got errors or bricked out, and that's probably not close to the actual number of devices. So you're telling me that AT LEAST 100 vapes are not enough to draw a conclusion? try harder
You could draw a conclusion after 1 vape failure and it would still be a conclusion.

How close is that conclusion to the truth though...probably not very.

I'm not saying you can't/shouldn't come to your conclusion. I'm just saying, it maybe very, very wrong.

DadaBoo,

XpeeN

You could draw a conclusion after 1 vape failure and it would still be a conclusion.

How close is that conclusion to the truth though...probably not very.

I'm not saying you can't/shouldn't come to your conclusion. I'm just saying, it maybe very, very wrong.
You could, but that's not enough data to count on, but if 100s of vapes and taking into account that S&B literally doing iterations trying to fix the problem and failing are not enough for you, that's another issue.
Now, can we leave S&B alone and agree that coils as heating element are not dangerous JUST BECAUSE S&B didn't choose to use them???? You guys are welcome to convince them to share their super secret research about coils as heating elements.

XpeeN,

DadaBoo

You could, but that's not enough data to count on, but if 100s of vapes and taking into account that S&B literally doing iterations trying to fix the problem and failing are not enough for you, that's another issue.
I draw my conclusion on the fully functional Venty I've used daily since Christmas, not the Internet.

Now, can we leave S&B alone and agree that coils as heating element are not dangerous JUST BECAUSE S&B didn't choose to use them????
Create a new thread on coils 👍

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Okay. I'm cleaning up this thread today. Just to be clear:
Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
  • Please do not revisit an issue unless you have helpful information or constructive comments to add.
  • Posts in this regard will be evaluated based on perceived intent.
Please report and do not reply to stir the pot. I am reaching out to some of you all here to ask you to not reply to defend the company. Let the mods handle it. If you disagree, talk to a mod. Do not reply in the thread.

XpeeN

His avatar is literally a photo of coils, I think the comment struck a nerve lol.
Don't worry, my 316L coils are so low mass and have so much surface area that they don't NEED to glow :2c:
Anyone who actually want to learn, find another thread lol, or create one. Peace

Last edited:
XpeeN,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Don't worry, my 316L coils are so low mass and have so much surface area that they don't NEED to glow :2c:
Anyone who actually want to learn, find another thread lol, or create one. Peace

@Grass Yes just posted instructions not to stir the pot and gave you a warning point, but you didn't learn. Let's see if another warning point teaches you anything.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
So I’ve been thinking about scooping a Venty for an upcoming trip and also just to get a new toy. Wasn’t really considering a portable, I’m a medical user so mainly at home and using a plug-in for the face-melting power. I do have a TM2 which has been great for some longer hospital stays recently but having to switch out batteries often isn’t so great. Since the Great Brick Incident, the reviews I’ve seen are largely positive to “holy moly, I love this thing!” and Ive tried to check out a variety of sites and shops. But I do have a couple of accessories questions for you Venty lovers.

Is the S&B Super Charger a worthwhile investment or is the included usb-c cable and third-party charger sufficient?

How many of y’all got the S&B case and do you actually use it when taking your Venty out and about?

@RustyOldNail here’s one especially for you sir, is Verdampftnochmal the shop for titanium capsules or are you using another source? I wasn’t thinking about dosing capsules but it seems like titanium would be better than aluminium.

Thanks for responses and please don’t hesitate to share any other information or recommendations for the Venty.

pxl_jockey,

chillAtGVC

I love the Venty. I just got a FireFly 2+ to compare the vapour flavour. I don't know if the flavour is better, but it is way more annoying to use than the Venty. Answers to your questions:
- I just use the included cable and a 3rd party charger that I already had
- I got the case and use it when I travel but now when I am out walking about
- VGoodiez also sells the Ti caps. I just got them but have not had the chance to try them

Recommended accessories:
- a second cooling unit (either on its own or as part of the Venty Wear and Tear Kit) so you can soak one while using the Venty
- a filling funnel

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
is Verdampftnochmal the shop for titanium capsules or are you using another source?

Bought (2) sets of 5 here:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
My friend has finally received his replacement unit from SydneyVapes (the seller supplied it out of his own pocket now that S&B wants units back before replacing), he was told to NEVER do a firmware update as he said 10 out of his 100 new units have bricked again after a firmware update.:uhoh:

badbee

While we don't want to dogpile, or be excessively reactive, we do want to continue accepting evidence, good and bad. A user on Reddit just posted pictures of his melted buttons. He wasn't accusing, just confused. That is the third report I've seen, with pics, of significant physical damage to a Venty caused by some sort of thermal runaway. Most units are good, but man, the bad ones are really really bad.

Venty_questions

Hi, I’ve been torn between the mighty plus and venty for a moment now and I’ve made an account here in the hope that you lovely guys and girls can help me.

Over here in the UK there’s about £100 difference in price between them. Now, from a non owner perspective it seems the main upgrades are the airflow and heatup time. Seeing as it’s a session vape the heatup time isn’t of too much consideration for how I’m planning to use it, and the airflow on my friends Mighty that I use is just fine.

What I would like to know is how the “signature” differs, if at all. It seems the venty has a little more convection? I see on Reddit that venty owners says the venty hits harder whereas the mighty’s extra conduction means the thick clouds are more upfront but taper off quicker. Is this correct?

If the venty really does hit harder I will probably cough up the extra £100. My preferred type of vape is a hybrid, I find pure convection vapes make me feel anxious whereas the conduction grounds it. This allows for a nicely balanced head and body high akin to smoking.

I also kind of like the roasty taste conduction produces, which is something that I know most vaporists don’t like.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I’ve done anything wrong- I’m new to all this forum stuff and I know it’s a bit tighter regulated than the free for all of Reddit, haha.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hi, I’ve been torn between the mighty plus and venty for a moment now and I’ve made an account here in the hope that you lovely guys and girls can help me.

Over here in the UK there’s about £100 difference in price between them. Now, from a non owner perspective it seems the main upgrades are the airflow and heatup time. Seeing as it’s a session vape the heatup time isn’t of too much consideration for how I’m planning to use it, and the airflow on my friends Mighty that I use is just fine.

What I would like to know is how the “signature” differs, if at all. It seems the venty has a little more convection? I see on Reddit that venty owners says the venty hits harder whereas the mighty’s extra conduction means the thick clouds are more upfront but taper off quicker. Is this correct?

If the venty really does hit harder I will probably cough up the extra £100. My preferred type of vape is a hybrid, I find pure convection vapes make me feel anxious whereas the conduction grounds it. This allows for a nicely balanced head and body high akin to smoking.

I also kind of like the roasty taste conduction produces, which is something that I know most vaporists don’t like.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I’ve done anything wrong- I’m new to all this forum stuff and I know it’s a bit tighter regulated than the free for all of Reddit, haha.
Welcome to FC!

Venty_questions

@vapviking Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

As a follow up to my post - I’ve decided to go with the tried and true mighty.

I’ve just seen the Reddit post with the melted buttons, and also found the posts pertaining to the units that have melted referenced in the comments. The fact that in the comments there’s also more than a few people allegedly on their 3rd/4th unit I feel is also somewhat indicative of the potential failure rate, as opposed to singular device failures - which can be explained by people with issues being more vocal than those without issue.

For the money I just don’t fancy rolling the dice, and the mighty my friend lets me borrow does seem to do the job very well.

Hope they get it sorted, because it looks to be a killer device otherwise. The people with working ones certainly seem to think so. I hope those devices continue to serve you as well as they currently have.

Thanks FC, it was fun while it lasted!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@vapviking Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

As a follow up to my post - I’ve decided to go with the tried and true mighty.

I’ve just seen the Reddit post with the melted buttons, and also found the posts pertaining to the units that have melted referenced in the comments. The fact that in the comments there’s also more than a few people allegedly on their 3rd/4th unit I feel is also somewhat indicative of the potential failure rate, as opposed to singular device failures - which can be explained by people with issues being more vocal than those without issue.

For the money I just don’t fancy rolling the dice, and the mighty my friend lets me borrow does seem to do the job very well.

Hope they get it sorted, because it looks to be a killer device otherwise. The people with working ones certainly seem to think so. I hope those devices continue to serve you as well as they currently have.

Thanks FC, it was fun while it lasted!
Don't be so quick to leave.
Tons of good information for you about Mighty here (and lots more! Not just vapes), not to mention a really terrific community feeling.

Top Bottom