Venty by Storz & Bickel

Cacahuates

I got a rocket stem from Pete and I like the stock cu better. It does a decent job of cooling but I would like it cooler. For the awkward balance and added fragility I don't think it's worth the cooling. It did actually tip over and hit my watch on the desk and didn't break so maybe it's pretty sturdy glass (watch was good too, maybe they should make glass stems out of hardlex/saphire). The stock CU is more portable and it does a comparable job of cooling. I think I'll use the rocket with a TM wpa stem (think I read somewhere it works). I still find myself looking for the airflow adjust.

I had much the same experience using Pete's curved bubbler. I kept looking for the airflow adjust and wanting it cooler. Plus having the water over the oven just made me nervous, but none have ever come out. The side car looks interesting as it attaches to the CU so the get the benefit of the Venty.

After doing some more research, I think I will curb my vape shopping impulses and just buy more weed. With a Venty in hand, there is not much out there that tempts me.
Nah, I am weak willed. A Dynavap and a FF 2+ are on the way. VAS is real.

Adgej123

Going to have to put in an RMA on the Venty. Somehow the button rubber has failed completely! Not too impressed with the writing also fading this much after so little time...

Bit concerning that this has happened after less than 6 months, vs both my Mightys :(

oOIopyW

Assuming I won't need to pay import tax again if a replacement comes from Germany?

Apologies if I've missed, has anyone else had anything similar?

I had a weird experience with my Venty last night. Finished a session, then went to connect to the web app. Heard the vibration upon pairing, but then the screen randomly shut off and the device became completely unresponsive. No E04, nothing. I waited maybe 5-10 minutes, tried turning it on again, and it seemed to be working normally.

Has this happened to anyone else?

@Adgej123 Are you using that button a lot? Looks like it has seen some shit. I almost never press those buttons, so I have zero wear.

Adgej123

I had a weird experience with my Venty last night. Finished a session, then went to connect to the web app. Heard the vibration upon pairing, but then the screen randomly shut off and the device became completely unresponsive. No E04, nothing. I waited maybe 5-10 minutes, tried turning it on again, and it seemed to be working normally.

Has this happened to anyone else?

@Adgej123 Are you using that button a lot? Looks like it has seen some shit. I almost never press those buttons, so I have zero wear.

I used to use that button everytime it threatened to turn off (the vibration warning), but have since started tapping the main side one.

Even with a replacement, I can't see how this could possibly last as long as my Mighty's, feels like a quality downgrade especially with the printed fading text, but overall I still prefer the Venty to use.

condition

The rubber button fail is unacceptable.
Up and down buttons are there to be pressed and it sounds like a joke, that a button that is there to be pressed fail like this. The orange up and down buttons stand out, like inviting you to press them.

Adgej123

The rubber button fail is unacceptable.
Up and down buttons are there to be pressed and it sounds like a joke, that a button that is there to be pressed fail like this. The orange up and down buttons stand out, like inviting you to press them.
I agree and that's what's concerning, I've not even had it 6 months. Daily use, yes, but two mightys going strong with even more use, no hint of button damage. Always thought they felt a bit firm when it first arrived

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
People may call me an S&B hater (and i'm ok with that tbh :lol:) but i have been reading the thread since the (spectacular :D) launch and i have to say that i have been baffled many o times...
Like just now again when i'm reading about the button peeling off :o.
Pretty amazing for a device this pricey...

And i know: they do send out replacement units almost casual (or at least they did) but still it makes me think:
all these problems (error codes, screens go blank, buttons peeling, software issues,...) effectively mean that the Venty-warranty is really essential, no?
So without this warranty the device is a very risky purchase imo (and this is an understatement)

So I do wonder:
if one buys a Venty secondhand is it still covered by the warranty?
I mean: without this warranty-service how reliable is this device really? Who will buy it then?

brquad225

Just wanted to share:

Few weeks ago I got a 004 Error message. Considered it a fluke and tried again...same thing. Next morning it worked. After that would not work...I would turn it on, message displays and unit shuts down. Finally broke down and messaged S&B for warranty yesterday morning.

I got a response today saying that a firmware update will be issued to resolve the problem. No timeframe was offered! Said I would get instructions on how to update once the FW was released!

I have absolutely loved my unit until it stopped working. Though I am annoyed that the writing is faded and this issue sucks...I still stand behind this is as the best vape out. I just hope they get this resolved quickly!

XpeeN

I got a response today saying that a firmware update will be issued to resolve the problem. No timeframe was offered! Said I would get instructions on how to update once the FW was released!
Enjoy your new brick until then I guess :doh:
The venty is a prime example for the reason I'm avocate about self maintained vaporizers.

Last edited:

justcametomind

Going to have to put in an RMA on the Venty. Somehow the button rubber has failed completely! Not too impressed with the writing also fading this much after so little time...

Bit concerning that this has happened after less than 6 months, vs both my Mightys :(

oOIopyW

Assuming I won't need to pay import tax again if a replacement comes from Germany?

Apologies if I've missed, has anyone else had anything similar?
button like that+fading logo may mean your Venty stayed A LOT of time frying under direct sunlight, be prepared to be asked about that imho.

BreadStick

I found this cooling unit out of inox stainless steel for the venty. Anybody already has it and can share experiences?

I've never tried a stainless steel S&B cooling unit but I remember being interested in the steel CU for the mighty before and the reviews weren't great. People were saying that the steel would get hot with use and it would scratch the plastic on the mighty. This might be a better designed piece but I'd be cautious of steel on plastic contact.

imor jones

Yeah, i also always was interessted in the ss cu for the mighty. Never tried it either. Also the airpath here is different to the og cu...

imor jones,

Adgej123

button like that+fading logo may mean your Venty stayed A LOT of time frying under direct sunlight, be prepared to be asked about that imho.
With no sarcasm or bad vibes intended, I live in the UK, I haven't seen the sun since the Venty was released... Next to impossible any damage has been done by UV exposure

They've sent a UPS label to ship back but apparently should be receiving UPS invoices to attach too, so I don't pay shipping/customs.

DadaBoo

B2, Mighty+, M/Omni, Volcano Hybrid, TM2, Anvil
I live in the UK, I haven't seen the sun since the Venty was released
I too live in the UK, and it was hot hot for a few days last week. Unless that bbq I had was all imaginary.

I do however live in the south east, which is renowned for having 'better' weather usually.

My point? Contrary to popular belief, the UK can sometimes have decent weather.....sometimes 😉

pudgewack

FYI - I just received the firmware update via the app. I received V01.07.

My Venty has been problem free for two months. Error E04 did flash on the screen during the update process, but everything appears to be working once the two sets of updates were complete. Hope this solves everyone's issues!!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
FYI - I just received the firmware update via the app. I received V01.07.

My Venty has been problem free for two months. Error E04 did flash on the screen during the update process, but everything appears to be working once the two sets of updates were complete. Hope this solves everyone's issues!!

Thanks been waiting for this. My replacement Venty has NOT had any error messages, but I just tried the update using the Bluefy IOS APP, on my iPad. Had to try it several more, but now I’m at 1.07, hope they added the vibration warning for the boost mode, that’s what I’m interested in.

ADDED: This firmware update, does NOT seem to add vibration when boost mode times out. Odd, I thought I’d read that some Ventys shipped later with 1.05, and it was added and working then?

Last edited:
I just updated from 1.05 to 1.07 Under the Setting tab there is a slider for Vibration. I was there in 1.05 too. Do you have this on?

chillAtGVC,

RustyOldNail

I just updated from 1.05 to 1.07 Under the Setting tab there is a slider for Vibration. I was there in 1.05 too. Do you have this on?

It’s been ON since I received it, originally version 1.02.
Perhaps you don’t understand, after a 90 second BOOST cycle is OVER, the device IMMEDIATELY reverts to the BASE SETTING, with NO VIBRATION WARNING beforehand!

RustyOldNail,
Oh, I understand. Mine vibrates then, always has. Perhaps you have a defective unit? I assume that you have tried turning that setting off an back on?

chillAtGVC,

RustyOldNail

Oh, I understand. Mine vibrates then, always has. Perhaps you have a defective unit? I assume that you have tried turning that setting off an back on?

So, when you are already in a BOOST MODE, do you get a VIBRATION WARNING “before” it AUTOMATICALLY resets to your selected BASE TEMP, after the 90 second BOOST timeout.
On my Venty now at 1.07, when the 90 second boost mode times OUT, it automatically switches to my base temp, and vibrates ONCE, NO EARLY WARNING, (which is too late at that point), like the MULTIPLE vibration warnings you get while vaping in the longer BASE TEMP MODE, which allows you to take an inhale-draw which resets the longer base temp time out.

No, what you are describing is how the Venty is stated to work in the manual:
"Deactivates after 90s and goes back to your set Base Temperature."

The early warning you want is part of the base temp two minute timeout:
"6.8 Automatic Switching Off
Two minutes after the last keystroke or the last application, the Vaporizer switches off automatically to conserve battery power.
Ö Switching off is indicated by vibration.
X Press the Power Button briefly during operation. Ö Automatic switch off is reset to two minutes."

I don't recall hearing that it worked the way you describe. I do agree that this would be desirable behaviour.

Top Bottom