Vaporizer efficiency question relating to water filtration

Cotelio

Like dissolves like.

Water is polar

THC is nonpolar
Fats are nonpolar
Alcohol is nonpolar

So no there is not a very noticeable decrease in potency like you would get vaping with a bong filled with vodka.

That being said, of course there is some minor vapor condensation. It's not nothing
However, this is often offset by the fact that you can take larger hits and hold them in longer. For me, this aspect allows me to get even higher using water filtration.
(Its ideal to hold in vapor 6-10 seconds, longer than smoke, because it absorbs slower)

I... I don't even... but...

could I vape through vodka _and then drink the bong"water" after like a shot of golden dragon_?

Cotelio,

SD_haze

I... I don't even... but...

could I vape through vodka _and then drink the bong"water" after like a shot of golden dragon_?
If you didn't catch the end of the first page, my post was a little off. THC is nonpolar but alcohol is considered polar. However, compared to WATER, alcohol is pretty darn nonpolar.

I found helpful: on a scale 1-10, with 1 being water and 9 being hexane. THC is around 7 and Alcohol is around 5. (Chemist backgrounds feel free to jump in :lol:)

Back to your actual question:
I wouldn't want to be breathing vodka fumes (not sure if thats a legitimate concern or not) but even moreso I wouldn't want vodka residue in my glass. Perhaps if its a large piece and you plan on cleaning it right after or pretty soon.
:2c:

SD_haze,

Cotelio

If you didn't catch the end of the first page, my post was a little off. THC is nonpolar but alcohol is considered polar. However, compared to WATER, alcohol is pretty darn nonpolar.

I found helpful: on a scale 1-10, with 1 being water and 9 being hexane. THC is around 7 and Alcohol is around 5. (Chemist backgrounds feel free to jump in :lol:)

I wouldn't want to be breathing vodka fumes (not sure if thats a legitimate concern or not) but even moreso I wouldn't want vodka residue in my glass. Perhaps if its a large piece and you plan on cleaning it right after or pretty soon.
Lol. Vodka fumes? As in alchohol vapor? As in exactly how my beloved Vaportini works? :p

Ajnother lol: vodka residue? Alchohol evaporates. Iso, or _ISOPROPYL ALCHOHOL_ is commonly used for cleaning pieces, even extracting resin and that shit's poisonus!

Thus: sounds like it would work. Cool!

Cotelio,

SD_haze

Lol. Vodka fumes? As in alchohol vapor? As in exactly how my beloved Vaportini works? :p

Ajnother lol: vodka residue? Alchohol evaporates. Iso, or _ISOPROPYL ALCHOHOL_ is commonly used for cleaning pieces, even extracting resin and that shit's poisonus!

Thus: sounds like it would work. Cool!
Did some searching because you definitely aren't the first to suggest alcohol in da bong.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/alcohol-instead-of-water-in-bubbler-for-oil-extraction.4641/
This thread came out with the OP disliking it and pouring the liquor down the drain

And this thread talks about the general bubbling of vapor through alcohol to produce a tincture (but not necessarily hitting a bong through it). Chemists in that thread concluded it wouldn't be very efficient, but in your case you're still inhaling the rest of the vapor.

If you give it a shot and like it, might me worth making a separate new thread on it.
:science:

SD_haze,

OO

Technical Skeptical
(Chemist backgrounds feel free to jump in :lol:)

The Rules said:
General Posting Guidelines

• Please try to stay within your area of experience when commenting or advising.

The vodka residue?

Anyways, alcohol can be irritating to the lungs if inhaled directly.

OO,
Top Bottom