Vaphit Quartz Cap -

Gdash

I've been using the VHX with a triple flame torch to some great results. Tasty first hit with a follow up cloudy rip.

Works just as well with the DV cap with the added benefit of a slightly larger bowl. For the price this is a no brainer. I got a 2nd tip to use with my DV cap and induction heater so I wouldn't have to keep removing and adding the o rings. The tip is that good imo.

Last edited:

UhuM

I've been using the VHX with a triple flame torch to some great results. Tasty first hit with a follow up cloudy rip.
Had the first one with a torch yesterday and the screen on half bowl setting: great stuff, exactly as you've described.
Only thing: i'm loosing those balls with every session, as I'm constantly playing around with this thing and never remember, that this will unleash a flow of quartz pearls.... 😄

UhuM,
Reactions: Gdash

Rodney

guys it just arrived and am heating it with a crappy oven lighter and I got 3 decent hits from it with ok clouds.

keep_it_handy_refillable_electric_long_lighter_93564.jpg

Is gonna be good with a decent lighter.

Rodney,

bobetsky

Had the first one with a torch yesterday and the screen on half bowl setting: great stuff, exactly as you've described.
Only thing: i'm loosing those balls with every session, as I'm constantly playing around with this thing and never remember, that this will unleash a flow of quartz pearls.... 😄
Dude, just unscrew the mouthpiece to put a screen, and let the tip in ; and you will stop loosing pearls :hmm::hmm:

bobetsky,
Reactions: UhuM

UhuM

Dude, just unscrew the mouthpiece to put a screen, and let the tip in ; and you will stop loosing pearls :hmm::hmm:
Screen is there as is the ruby star, but if you're unscrewing the mouthtip you're screwed 😄.

UhuM,

bobetsky

Screen is there as is the ruby star, but if you're unscrewing the mouthtip you're screwed 😄.
so how can you loose pearls is you have the screen ?!
Once they're inside except if you put out the tip there's no way out...

bobetsky,

UhuM

so how can you loose pearls is you have the screen ?!
Once they're inside except if you put out the tip there's no way out...
My screen on the mouth tip side sits only loose (like shown here at min 2.13:
), so if I unscrew the mouthtip the screen just doesn't hold back the pearls. Maybe I didn't see something to fixate the screen?

UhuM,
The Vapman will work, the cyclone will too. £50 to Drs Without Borders if you post a video of you heating it with the Big Buddy on full flame. Serious offer.

you make an excellent point. I had not considered that deliberately posting footage of combustion on this forum might be trolling/triggering.
I humbly apologise to the community and implore @SlickHenry to post footage of how it should be done with a larger flame ;o)

You still paying £50? Actually works really well with the Big Buddy.

Took me a while to work out how to fill the quartz pearls, use the screen and star as there are no instructions. My VHX also did not come with a screen installed in the mouthpiece so required a bit of trial and error. For me I attached the tip to the stem, I unscrewed the mouthpiece, the screen clicks in the mouthpiece, the star goes in first so it's nearer the tip end (this stops the pearls blocking the airflow from the tip) then approximately 10 pearls and screw on the mouthpiece.

I heated for approximately 10 secs with the large torch about level with the air holes, whilst spinning, until an orange flame just starts to engulf the whole cap. Result was perfectly thick vapour and 3-5 draws. The ABV was dark brown and an even extraction. It's a brilliant device and is a big step up from a VC in terms of size of bowl and flavour.

Tip: I think someone pointed it out above - if you lift the quartz cap up a couple of mms so there is a gap between the top of the tip and the cap you get zero scorching on the top of the bowl for perfect extraction.

Last edited:
Top Bottom