Using Vape after working out?? Is it ok?

Maschine

My anecdotal experience: I am into bodybuilding. I have noticed similar consequences on sleep and recovery. Worse hydration and a need for longer recovery between workouts. In practice for me, this can lead to needing an extra rest day to get back to full intensity in the gym.

Consider that vaping and its effects use resources from the body. The cells lining the lungs may get irritated and need to turnover. The brain and nervous system stimulate neurons/neurotransmitters which need to recover. It may dehydrate you or lower blood pressure. Thus, if you just spent hours in the gym training hard (breaking down muscle tissue, sweating, doing cardio) you may be adding more to your "recovery load".

It's all about priority. If I vaped on a Friday night, going into a weekend with two rest days, ample sleep, low stress, and lots of food, water, and electrolytes available... sure vaping a small amount isn't going to make a huge difference. But when I vaped regularly, after every workout, multiple times a week, my training intensity and speed of recovery were noticeably worse...leading to slower muscle gains.

Your experience may vary, it affects everyone a lil different. Also be careful about vaping while taking dietary supplements which can also dehydrate you ie creatine & B vitamins
I do weight training and later bodybuilding for many years now. I did it completely sober, combusting and vaping.

I train five days in a row with two days off at the weekend but tried almost every split. Here are my two cents:
I can confirm the sleep issue. Flip side for me personally is, I sleep bad, late and light anyway, for me cannabis outweighs these negative effects.
I can't confirm any negative effects on recovery. I vape daily at the evenings 1,5 - 3h hours after working out. I drink roughly about 1L fluid for every 1000kcal I eat and feel hydrated. To me other factors like nutrition, de loads or breaks in your routine and daily habits and stress play a more important role in recovery or muscle growth / progress.
Did you guys followed a meal plan or tracked your nutrition when working out?

But in the end like others wrote before, this differs from people to people and the amount you train and vape I guess... But love to hear your stories :)

Never heard that creatine dehydrates tbh?! It binds water in the cells or muscle tissue thus you gain weight when starting with creatine but after a short period this effect should normalize itself.

Maschine,
Top Bottom