TinyMight / TM 2

Axel_420

@invertedisdead how hard would it be to do a stem with the same material but with spikes, so the stem does not need the cooling unit for cooling?. Or instead of spikes any other design you think can be better without needing the cooling unit.
I agree that something like that would be interesting to me as well, to eliminate the cooling unit so that it would be easier to clean and maybe improve the flavor slightly since you remove it; although from that point of view, switching from quartz to zirconia will also affect it a little bit, nuances probably.

I was thinking that in any case the design currently proposed by @invertedisdead is good for the scenario he described.

nicknobody

Howdy friends,

Wanted to check your interest and feedback on a TM2 stem I came up with, I have a bunch of stem designs but have trouble deciding where to jump in at, so I figured I'd start off with the basics and see how things go.

I'm calling this one the Essentials stem.
It's a zirconia ceramic replacement for the stock quartz stems.
This product combines the durability of the stock titanium stem with the purity of the glass stem.
It's 75MM long (~3") to ensure comfortable use with the new stainless steel lined TM2's as the stock stems now get very hot.
The glass stem gets hot because its short, and the titanium one gets hot because it conducts much more heat up the stem.
This has been designed as a solution to that.
Works directly with the standard cooling unit for easy compatibility.
Features a built in 14MM water pipe adapter.

Retail price is just $60.

This design is approved for production and ready for me to order, I just want to see what TM2 owners think.

TM2-Essentials.png
If I’m not mistaken the stock cooling unit is no longer and the latest gen will be coming with loose glass beaded stem captured with screens like this…..

I still like the idea of anything zirc tho and there are a ton of tm and tm2 out there with that original cooling unit

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Zirconia seems interesting to me for a stem, but the original CU is the only drawback in the "TMs"

The short Ti Stem that I've been using for almost two years works perfectly with this cooling system, which in addition to cooling the vapor a lot, lasts for weeks and weeks without clogging...Of course I use a screen
It consists of several SS capillary tubes about 3cm long and pressed inside the Tistem.
When I have the patience, I do it with capillary tubes all the same diameter. It works so well this way that it doesn't even bother me...almost no airflow restrictions
20220926-185942.jpg

Last edited:

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Looks like it's time for new batteries. Are the P28A still king? I remember seeing P30A, but I'm not sure it's better for TM2.

Also, I juat lost my stir tool :/

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@invertedisdead how hard would it be to do a stem with the same material but with spikes, so the stem does not need the cooling unit for cooling?. Or instead of spikes any other design you think can be better without needing the cooling unit.

Spikes would be impossible.

More advanced cooling solutions is definitely possible but then it becomes a $120-150 stem at that point, so potentially cost prohibitive. Last time I ran a poll on the subject most votes were capping out at $99

I’ve thought about doing an advanced stem for like 3 years but the TM has never shown the potential for higher end aftermarket solutions the same way other vapes have.

The only super affordable cooling design to implement is my convection air cooling idea as it doesn’t require any other parts.

The original design for this concept uses three fresh air inlet holes in the WPA taper.

The idea is when using native you get the air cooling capability, and when you plug it into 14MM glass the holes are blocked and don’t apply any additional cooling.

This is the ideal design IMHO as it has the benefit of not storing a bunch of heat or bridging it throughout the whole device, but I’m not sure that the community is really on board with air cooling as it goes against the norm of beads and spirals.

I agree that something like that would be interesting to me as well, to eliminate the cooling unit so that it would be easier to clean and maybe improve the flavor slightly since you remove it; although from that point of view, switching from quartz to zirconia will also affect it a little bit, nuances probably.

I was thinking that in any case the design currently proposed by @invertedisdead is good for the scenario he described.

The original idea coming back around to this vape was to build a new cooling unit from zirconia as well, to get the benefits of the stock system but modify it for easier cleaning and pure flavor.

Purchasing the latest TM2 with the stainless steel liner made me have to completely reevaluate that as the cooling system now realistically needs a ground up redesign.

That’s why I had to make this 75MM now as the 55MM stems don’t really work anymore with a stock TM2 due to the massive amount of conduction caused by the stainless steel cooling unit and liner creating a thermal battery. The stock titanium stem doesn’t really work anymore either as despite being longer, it’s more conductive and sends more heat up the stem to your lips.

What I can do to improve it without first changing that SS liner is pretty challenging.
I’m not exactly sure why this material was chosen for the liner but I’d like to talk to the owner of this company and make some new suggestions which would considerably improve the performance of this vape.

If I’m not mistaken the stock cooling unit is no longer and the latest gen will be coming with loose glass beaded stem captured with screens like this…..

That makes sense as the stock stems don’t really work anymore with the new configuration. As someone whose experimented with beads for cooling for over 4 years, the screen barely holding in the beads makes me a little bit uneasy though.

Either way this is still a suboptimal design as the cooling unit is recessed deep into the device with nowhere for that stored heat to dissipate to but back into the vape itself. My TM2 after two bowls takes longer to cool down than my desktop which is directly coupled to the heating element. The Sneaky Pete rattle stem is the best take I’ve seen so far.

Zirconia seems interesting to me for a stem, but the original CU is the only drawback in the "TMs"

The short Ti Stem that I've been using for almost two years works perfectly with this cooling system, which in addition to cooling the vapor a lot, lasts for weeks and weeks without clogging...Of course I use a screen
It consists of several SS capillary tubes about 3cm long and pressed inside the Tistem.
When I have the patience, I do it with capillary tubes all the same diameter. It works so well this way that it doesn't even bother me...almost no airflow restrictions
20220926-185942.jpg

I’ve actually been wanting to make a dry bong like that for a number of years now.

The tm cooling unit makes the mighty CU seem easy to clean lol. Presumably most people beyond the enthusiast scope are still using the stock system though which is what I was thinking with these.

You don’t have the new steel liner though do you? With the SS liner those tubes would get so hot the cooling function would be gone after two hits. It completely changes the game.

Varden

The only super affordable cooling design to implement is my convection air cooling idea as it doesn’t require any other parts.

The original design for this concept uses three fresh air inlet holes in the WPA taper.

The idea is when using native you get the air cooling capability, and when you plug it into 14MM glass the holes are blocked and don’t apply any additional cooling.

This is the ideal design IMHO as it has the benefit of not storing a bunch of heat or bridging it throughout the whole device, but I’m not sure that the community is really on board with air cooling as it goes against the norm of beads and spirals.

Where can we read about this idea? I do not grasp the design just by what you are explaining here.

Purchasing the latest TM2 with the stainless steel liner made me have to completely reevaluate that as the cooling system now realistically needs a ground up redesign.

That’s why I had to make this 75MM now as the 55MM stems don’t really work anymore with a stock TM2 due to the massive amount of conduction caused by the stainless steel cooling unit and liner creating a thermal battery. The stock titanium stem doesn’t really work anymore either as despite being longer, it’s more conductive and sends more heat up the stem to your lips.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have changed the glass for Zirconia instead of SS then? Or is the price difference that big to make it economically unviable?

Now I'm happy I did not change and my TM2 still has the glass. If I remember correctly the TM1 could change this glass from the top, without the need to remove the screw at the bottom and open the device. Maybe that part of the design should be back.

but I’d like to talk to the owner of this company and make some new suggestions which would considerably improve the performance of this vape.

You should contact him, in my experience he is receptive to suggestions. Granted what I wrote him about was a minor suggestion, but I got the impression he would be keen on discussing things.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That makes sense as the stock stems don’t really work anymore with the new configuration. As someone whose experimented with beads for cooling for over 4 years, the screen barely holding in the beads makes me a little bit uneasy though

Are we certain TM will no longer come with the old cooling unit stem set up? Seemed like the new beaded stem would be an option and not the default...? Anyway I also thought there was a glass screen by the bowl, and then a mouthpiece attached at the tip, so it is not just a screen barely holding the beads in...

I think if it worked well without compromise people could get on board? And it would be something different to stand out... You did say you think most people who buy the TM just use the stock setup, and that a plain stem fitting that would be the best for you to produce, however I'm curious what makes you think those people would find and buy your stem aftermarket?? Seems like most of those people would never do that perhaps not buying any accessory that is not direct from TM if anything...

Now I'm happy I did not change and my TM2 still has the glass. If I remember correctly the TM1 could change this glass from the top, without the need to remove the screw at the bottom and open the device. Maybe that part of the design should be back.

I'm pretty sure you can do the same in the TM2... It's still opens up at the top, does it not? I really thought that top glass could be replaced the same way... The bottom still has glass around the heater regardless

Varden

I'm pretty sure you can do the same in the TM2... It's still opens up at the top, does it not? I really thought that top glass could be replaced the same way... The bottom still has glass around the heater regardless

No, you can not (but I'll admit you made me check just now...). You can still open the round thingy in the top but just to change the o-ring or change/clean the metal screen. The glass can not be changed this way in the TM2 like it could be in the TM1.

Shit Snacks

No, you can not (but I'll admit you made me check just now...). You can still open the round thingy in the top but just to change the o-ring or change/clean the metal screen. The glass can not be changed this way in the TM2 like it could be in the TM1.

Thank you for the confirmation! Suppose I never really tried with my TM2 and I never tried to remove that glass with any of mine

Shit Snacks,

m0sh

6 euros...not too bad.
If I'm honest, the stir tool is the most underwhelming part of TM2.
I just don't like the flat end, it's not good in corners. It should be either sharp and pointy or curved like a spoon... Arizer did a good job with its stir tool years ago.
The only reason I want to get one again is because it looks better with one, I barely use it.

m0sh,

Shit Snacks

I think my purple heart is a little hotter than my std TM2. My OG was also 1 position on the dial hotter than my TM2. Purple heart is about the same. Maybe my std TM2 needs calibration.

It is typical for them to be different unit to unit though and especially generationally

6 euros...not too bad.
If I'm honest, the stir tool is the most underwhelming part of TM2.
I just don't like the flat end, it's not good in corners. It should be either sharp and pointy or curved like a spoon... Arizer did a good job with its stir tool years ago.
The only reason I want to get one again is because it looks better with one, I barely use it.

Yeah I literally never used it, not sure I've ever even removed it! Purely just for show, I think it was included, because they could, so better than nothing? I mean I don't even start, so it would just be a debowler, and almost anything can be used for that anyway (easiest to just blow out a hot spent load)

m0sh

It is typical for them to be different unit to unit though and especially generationally

Yeah I literally never used it, not sure I've ever even removed it! Purely just for show, I think it was included, because they could, so better than nothing? I mean I don't even start, so it would just be a debowler, and almost anything can be used for that anyway (easiest to just blow out a hot spent load)

It fell without my noticing it.
I only want one so it looks better...oh well 20 euros.

ordered 5 new batteries :)
Looks like mine "lasted" (it still good, but I think I notice a drop in performance) for one year and a few months.
5 were in rotation and it lasted for about 10 days (2 days for a battery) - does this make sense or should it last longer?

HighTime

Are we certain TM will no longer come with the old cooling unit stem set up? Seemed like the new beaded stem would be an option and not the default...?

Not that long ago, TM told me the new beaded stem would come with the TM Purple Heart. I’m not certain whether or not it will also come with TM2s made with the standard walnut, but it seems it probably would. It’s also not clear if purchasers would have a choice of either the longer or shorter beaded stem or if both will be included. Since they’d be very useful, I vote for both!

I haven’t heard either way if the old cooling unit stem setup will still be included.

I’s not been plain sailing for the guys at TM to get the purple heart to work. First attempts shrunk and changed shape and size. They have had to develop a unique process to 'cure' the wood and make it stable.

Now all parts are washed in a 7 stage process, then baked to purge all smells. Then finally they do a heater burn off under a vaccum machine.

Oh, I would need to hear all about the 7 stage process, just how and what it introduces to make the wood stable.

I agree this is one beautiful vape with actually a great track record so far, and I really don't want to sound negative. I have a basic feeling that this is all very safe.
But I doubt they are just washing with water 7X?

Has anyone learned any details yet about the 7 stage washing process?

Varden

Is there any advantage to purple heart wood over the standard walnut? Other than the different color, which I actually find to be less nice than the walnut's.
I do not think so, in fact it seems to be slightly worse for the heat. It is just aesthetics. I do like the reddish color, it is beautiful, but I'm fine with my original TM2.

Mickk

Is there any advantage to purple heart wood over the standard walnut? Other than the different color, which I actually find to be less nice than the walnut's.
Yes there is, according to @oddjobold

I should probably tell my story, back in November i started a conversation with TM about trade in of my OG. We got talking, they recognised my name from the forum and they offered me a Purple heart to review, and share details with you guys.

SInce then i have been sworn to keep things a secret.

It took a while to get my unit (picked it up today). The guys at TM have been trying to squeeze every improvement they could in to this release.

Performance wise, everything is the same. The improvements are all related to fixing common points of failure.

I guess you guys now know about the new stems, with balls? Comes in two sizes.

There is also improvements to the button, now it has a silicone cushion, which makes it more sturdy. I think this is a known improvement as well.

The top section has had a slight change to avoid heat transfer.

There is also another improvement, but this is to be kept secret until release :brow:

Its not been plain sailing for the guys at TM to get the purple heart to work. First attempts shrunk and changed shape and size. They have had to develop a unique process to 'cure' the wood and make it stable.

Now all parts are washed in a 7 stage process, then baked to purge all smells. Then finally they do a heater burn off under a vaccum machine.

Purple heart TM is now being tested, and release should be in around a month.

Phew. Glad to get all that out in the open.

Momor

Yes you can 😅 The top glass lining is still sold as a spare part for the TM2 on their website and in the description they explain how to replace it yourself.

I just don't like the flat end, it's not good in corners. It should be either sharp and pointy or curved like a spoon
I made mine pointy with sand paper and a bit of elbow grease but a little dremel can do the trick more easily. 😉
woodyvapors on Instagram makes wooden ones with tiny scoops on the end.

Last edited:

Varden

Yes you can 😅 The top glass lining is still sold as a sapre part for the TM2 on their website and in the description they explain how to replace it yourself.

You misunderstood. The point was that in the TM1 you could change the glass just by unscrewing the top round part without having to unscrew the torx screw and dismantle the unit. In the TM2 you can not and you need to dismantle the unit to access it, exactly like your link says.

Varden,

Momor

You misunderstood. The point was that in the TM1 you could change the glass just by unscrewing the top round part without having to unscrew the torx screw and dismantle the unit. In the TM2 you can not and you need to dismantle the unit to access it, exactly like your link say.
Unscrwing the top round part only gives you acess to the aluminium/SS cylinder that makes the strem chamber and kind of protects the glass lining we're talking about.
In order to acces that glass you have to take off the aluminium top panel of the TM1 and you can only do so by unscrewing the bottom torx skrew.
Do you have a TM1 in hand ?

Momor,

Varden

Unscrwing the top round part only gives you acess to the aluminium/SS cylinder that makes the strem chamber and kind of protects the glass lining we're talking about.
In order to acces that glass you have to take off the aluminium top panel of the TM1 and you can only do so by unscrewing the bottom torx skrew.
Do you have a TM1 in hand ?
No, I do not, but I am pretty sure in my TM1 (well, technically my friend's now) you can change the glass by just unscrewing the top round thing without the need to unscrew the torx screw and removing the whole aluminium cover. There is no SS cylinder in the TM1.

Varden,
Top Bottom