Discontinued ThermoVape

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Okay, wow. Just received my super-swift shipment of my replacement core. Let me just say, I thought I loved my Thermovape before. :doh:

I'm telling ya. I frickin' am in love with it now!! It makes me pretty certain I had a dud from the get-go! This thing does the trick. :bowdown:

Thank you thank you thank you Thermovape! You guys are Tha Shit.

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
I have used a few drops of top shelf Bourbon in mine. Works great...gives it a little extra flavor.

hm.... i have never tried this...

Okay, wow. Just received my super-swift shipment of my replacement core. Let me just say, I thought I loved my Thermovape before. :doh:

I'm telling ya. I frickin' am in love with it now!! It makes me pretty certain I had a dud from the get-go! This thing does the trick. :bowdown:

Thank you thank you thank you Thermovape! You guys are Tha Shit.

Glad we could take care of you promptly!!

Cheers,

Tim

SameOldTim,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Glad we could take care of you promptly!!

Cheers,

Tim

Well, it appears the old core did indeed fry some of my batteries. So, while I am now back up and running, I have only one set of batteries holding a full charge. Once that gets sorted out, all will be good.

:tup:

PhreedomPhries,

OF

Well, it appears the old core did indeed fry some of my batteries. So, while I am now back up and running, I have only one set of batteries holding a full charge. Once that gets sorted out, all will be good.

:tup:

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear they're related, or at least appear to be. Be interesting to hear what the evaluation of the core shows.....

OF

OF,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear they're related, or at least appear to be. Be interesting to hear what the evaluation of the core shows.....

OF
Agreed. It's on its way back to TV. Hopefully the replacement cells are on their way to me, crossing paths in transit. It's no fun having to wait an hour and a half between use. Especially since the thing is now performing for me like never before.

PhreedomPhries,

OF

Agreed. It's on its way back to TV. Hopefully the replacement cells are on their way to me, crossing paths in transit. It's no fun having to wait an hour and a half between use. Especially since the thing is now performing for me like never before.

Boy, I heard that. At least you're pretty much guaranteed a solid but short session. Plan well. I'll bet I could get 10 bucks each for new batteries from you right about now.....

Hang in there, sound like you've got it cornered at least.

Congratulations.

OF

OF,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Would it not be a bad idea to vaporize with anything other than water in the filter? Wouldn't alcohol or anything with sugar be a bad idea to inhale? If not Kool Aid here I come :lmao:

VAPORIZER22

Would it not be a bad idea to vaporize with anything other than water in the filter? Wouldn't alcohol or anything with sugar be a bad idea to inhale? If not Kool Aid here I come :lmao:

Hey, as long as the flavor comes through, Kool Aid sans sugar......mmmmmm grape (double packet)

VAPORIZER22,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Sneak peek...
P1030633.jpg

Still some testing before putting up for sale. I am also waiting on some beefier DC male plugs for the adapter side.
OF, any advise with safety etc.? Would be nice to be able to adjust power on the fly as seems pretty hot after a few hits. I think it is more because of heat build up as power stays constant and never gives unit much of a break. The way I judged the power was primitive at best. Timed element heat up time from cold to hot between full batteries and external power. Found pretty much the same. However, once hot there is no mercy and find technique changes drastically. If draw too long it will combust as I stated before. Control is key. Man, I'm baballing again, have to stop testing.....LOL
:D
Hey Pipes, would this adapter be suitable to work with your passthrough for the T1?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-5A-5...=Laptop_Adapters_Chargers&hash=item1c267d6ae5

PhreedomPhries,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Hey Pipes, would this adapter be suitable to work with your passthrough for the T1?
No definitely not. If going DC it requires 6 V with 6 amp available. The supply really needs to be designed for 6 VDC out as with 12 V you still need to bring it down to 6, therefore back to heat dissipation problems for the extra.
To overcome this I opted for the AC 1/2 wave rectification to bring the average voltage down to 6 V. Or you can look at it as getting 12 volts 1/2 the time.
Even at that I had to add extra diodes to take the voltage down a bit further. Now bare in mind I tested and tweaked power for the T1. It has come to light that this method is not to be used with the REV as the average voltage spikes higher do to the higher element resistance.
BB, good to see others looking at possible solutions and might hit the answer for a cheap supply.
Thanks,

Pipes,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
No pass through. I think he was talking about the PA which I had made up.
Sorry to confuse the nomenclature. Yes. The PA. Which is a damn good idea considering the battery life. Why isn't TV already producing one of these already? And Pipes, is this to say you have had sufficient trouble in procuring the proper power supplies to preclude you from including them with your pigtail assembly? Just trying to sort out what the status is for those of us who would love love love to have a working corded power current available for our T1's.

:popcorn:

PhreedomPhries,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
The T1 will also soon be offered with an all glass flow path (add on accessory) with option for both direct use and as a glass to glass fitting. Making it the smallest all glass vapor flow path vaporizer in the world, and of-course the only all glass vapor path portable convection vaporizer.

As we work to push the limits and engage new battery technology all of our products will improve, none more so then the T1. Overall we feel that it is a great device. There are many similarities between the two products, they do have their differences.

Also, OF, I wanted to make it clear that it was none other than Tim that indicated an all-glass pathway was going to "soon be offered". On our revered holiday, nonetheless, so perhaps recollections of its mention are a little foggy? Just following up on what I thought was already in the ether. So, any follow-up regarding either the all-glass pathway, or a PA device for the T1? I'm looking at you TV. Or you, OF. Lay it on us. I think it would be a game changer for TV to take the relatively simple(?) step of releasing a power adapter for this wondrous device. Can't be that hard, kinda seems like a glaring omission from the present lineup. We keep getting new devices, but no power source...

PhreedomPhries,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Sorry to confuse the nomenclature. Yes. The PA. Which is a damn good idea considering the battery life. Why isn't TV already producing one of these already? And Pipes, is this to say you have had sufficient trouble in procuring the proper power supplies to preclude you from including them with your pigtail assembly? Just trying to sort out what the status is for those of us who would love love love to have a working corded power current available for our T1's.

:popcorn:
The folks at TV, from my understanding, are working towards solutions for the battery life cycles. One option been the EVO which takes considerable less power. (I'm waiting for a black sleeve to become available myself)
In fact they have been very understanding of my device and even supportive. They are great folks and have to best product at this time. IMHO
Yes, I did a lot of searching for different power supplies but anything that got close to being usable was so expensive. This was the cheapest way of achieving what the T1 needed with the trade off of designing it to be load specific. Meaning to operate at 30 watts it needs to be around the 1 ohm mark. (T1).
Hope this helps,
:)

Pipes,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
This was the cheapest way of achieving what the T1 needed with the trade off of designing it to be load specific. Meaning to operate at 30 watts it needs to be around the 1 ohm mark. (T1).
Hope this helps,
:)

Pardon my ignorance Pipes. But I am one who would personally love to utilize the PA you ingenuously developed. However, the language you're speaking above is complete jabberwocky to me, evidently. I thought I kinda sorta understood. But you said a 6v, 5a power source is not even close to correct, so I must be misunderstanding something basic about the principle of the ohm law, which states V/A = ohm. If that's true, you just need any power source with an amperage matching the voltage? Or what? I don't get what you mean that you somehow wired your assembly to be load specific. Load specific to 1 ohm? If so, what does that translate to in terms of a power supply with what voltage and amperage? Can you possibly link to a source of one that is available that works? You say you made your assembly the way it is in the interest of doing it cheap. That implies you actually sourced a power adapter that works with the T1, and it is cheap, right?

PhreedomPhries,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Pardon my ignorance Pipes. But I am one who would personally love to utilize the PA you ingenuously developed. However, the language you're speaking above is complete jabberwocky to me, evidently. I thought I kinda sorta understood. But you said a 6v, 5a power source is not even close to correct, so I must be misunderstanding something basic about the principle of the ohm law, which states V/A = ohm. If that's true, you just need any power source with an amperage matching the voltage? Or what? I don't get what you mean that you somehow wired your assembly to be load specific. Load specific to 1 ohm? If so, what does that translate to in terms of a power supply with what voltage and amperage? Can you possibly link to a source of one that is available that works? You say you made your assembly the way it is in the interest of doing it cheap. That implies you actually sourced a power adapter that works with the T1, and it is cheap, right?
Sorry for confusion. The link you gave was 12 V 5 amp which has enough power capable but incorrect voltage. 6 v pushing 30 watts means 5 amps. watts = V X A and V/A = ohms as you stated. Therefore the ohms in theory would be 6/5 or 1.2 ohms. Now when I actually measured mine was 1 ohm. These are all theoretical numbers as when talking this low of resistance the cord length and other factors sneak their way into the mix.
Now dealing with AC the calculations become much more complex and started with basically ball parking and started with a bit more power and with the use of diodes I could chop it down .7 volts at a time until the performance matched that of a full charged battery set. The added diodes do produce wasted heat which I attached to heat conducting aluminium and attached to the iron of the transformer.
And yes transformers are basically the cheapest way to go. Try finding a 6 vac 5-6 amp transformer and you could go with no diodes at all but would be at the mercy of the characteristics of the transformer. Their voltage vary with load. Initially I was looking for and old vacuum tube heater transformer which would be 6.3 vac as that was the standard for old vacuum tube technology. Geez, now I'm giving away my age....Anyway this was the most economical way to go that I found.
Hope this helps,;)
Pipes

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
A ha. I stand corrected. I am starting to grasp this. Also, it sounds, from the fact that you had to use diodes to dial it down, that a 5 amp would be preferable to a 6, yes? Too bad TV doesn't solve this riddle for us by releasing a suitable transformer. Maybe they could partner up with you, Pipes; seeing as you had the smart thinking to develop the pigtail assembly switch.

:cheers:

PhreedomPhries,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
A ha. I stand corrected. I am starting to grasp this. Also, it sounds, from the fact that you had to use diodes to dial it down, that a 5 amp would be preferable to a 6, yes? Too bad TV doesn't solve this riddle for us by releasing a suitable transformer. Maybe they could partner up with you, Pipes; seeing as you had the smart thinking to develop the pigtail assembly switch.

To be honest the whole reason this came about was more of a learning tool as I had battery troubles initially. It is definitely great for fine tuning your technique of using the T1. Now I can get easily visible vapor even on the first hit on batteries. Once the falling battery performance as session proceeds is out of the equation, you can really learn to feel with the taste whats happening. To the point that you can get the most out of them. (less screw ups while inhaling).
As for your thinking of a partnership with TV, I'm just in it for the fun and hobby end of it. Not really for any big gains by no means. Just enjoying my TV is good for me.
Trust me, I'm not that smart in many things....

Pipes,
Top Bottom