Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

crustycorvus

Ive got it about halfway closed, and tbh it feels wide open still. Closed down any more feels counterproductive to the devices design. I'm going to keep trying it, but my Fusion, Vongs and B2 keep passing the reach test over it 🥲

Radwin Bodnic

Using a little chefs brulee torch. Might need something a bit bigger. Also might be struggling due to a MTL preference. It's a bit open for me
I feel the same. Too open for MTL, even almost closed down. I even tried completely closed down and while it has a good restriction, the device isn't as productive as it is when open.

Even closed down? I have my TA3 wide open. I guess I must be doing a modified DTL that involves some puffing.
That's my inhaling technique as well. But with the device almost closed down. TBH I don't feel a huge difference in airflow across the different settings and I believe that the more closed the more heat retention.

Ive got it about halfway closed, and tbh it feels wide open still. Closed down any more feels counterproductive to the devices design.
There are a few ways to reduce airflow and make it a more restrictive device. You could change the ball diameter to 2mm (maybe even less), but you might add a screen on the adjust-a-flow side not to spill the balls.
Also tamping your load makes a huge difference in airflow. This is just only possible in full bowl setting. Tamping in half bowl setting will push the screen down to full bowl since the spring don't grip enough on the walls.

crustycorvus

2ml balls would slip through the AF huh? Ugh. Just replaced the boro with 3ml Ruby's 🤬 could someone show me what the full bowl position looks like? Might already be in full bowl as I have no problems tamping? Roasting it midway til the tips bright red for a few seconds. Even gone as far as 10. Its always disappointing. Can't call it wispy, but I've yet to really choke off the device. I get a few hits off it, but its nowhere near as dense of vapor as my other devices.

crustycorvus,
  • Wow
Reactions: simba

sedentree

2ml balls would slip through the AF huh? Ugh. Just replaced the boro with 3ml Ruby's 🤬 could someone show me what the full bowl position looks like? Might already be in full bowl as I have no problems tamping? Roasting it midway til the tips bright red for a few seconds. Even gone as far as 10. Its always disappointing. Can't call it wispy, but I've yet to really choke off the device. I get a few hits off it, but its nowhere near as dense of vapor as my other devices.
Full bowl position for you (apparently needs a bit of a brush 😅) ✌️

IMG-3922.jpg
IMG-3923.jpg
IMG-3924.jpg
IMG-3925.jpg

crustycorvus

What's the actual likelihood of accidently pushing one into full bowl mode? I'd be stoked if I could actually fit more in mine. Is there any way I can see full bowl mode without the screen?

crustycorvus,

sedentree

What's the actual likelihood of accidently pushing one into full bowl mode? I'd be stoked if I could actually fit more in mine. Is there any way I can see full bowl mode without the screen?

I think slim to none from tamping your load to be honest. You should probably have gotten a wooden dowel with your TA, that is what is used to push the screen and ring down to different positions, you could just try using that to push your screen down, once it is at full it is not possible to push any further.

EDIT
Photos added, one bowl with the ring at full bowl setting no screen, one bowl at ~ half bowl setting with screen.
IMG-3927.jpg
IMG-3926.jpg

One thing to note is that on removing the screen itself, even though I had cleaned my bowl relatively recently ago with a soak in iso, there was a fair bit of gunk buildup under the screen / around the top of the ring so just gave it a very quick iso soak now for the photo set up but seems like it is time for a vape cleaning for me.

Last edited:

crustycorvus

I appreciate you taking the time to do that. Mine was in half bowl setting. Got it in full bowl now. Screens always come out for cleaning day. Otherwise I feel like I'm seeding the grime 🫠 I think my problem might be my torch? Going to grab a blazer or something similar in the next couple days

Vapemat

How does it behave ? Does it heat differently than the TA3. I love my TA3 so much I'm hesitating between buying a tempest when it comes out or go cheaper and safer choice with a second TA to pair with my existing stems.
Hey, unfortunately, this is my first TA, so I cannot compare it to previous versions.

I can add that I did a few tests yesterday (5 sessions) and I really liked it from the first time. I didn't make any combust, but I got a dark roast just the way I like it. I can already see that she has a lot of potential and can forgive a lot.

I'm currently using Blazer Firefox torch for it.

The removable upper part of the heater is a very nice solution and will certainly make cleaning much easier and I didn't notice it unscrewing itself.

Sativapo

I've been using the TA3 intensively upside up on my pipe and it doesn't need cleaning at all the balls still shake the same. Of course with a stem form factor it might be tempting to heat it upside down in the wand. I don't know if balls would get dirty this way.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I haven't tried to remove it but I don't see why not. That may be the magnetic part, though.
Didn't think of that, but it's correct. I just pulled the screw and disk off and my magnetic stand is worthless. Does this imply that an IH is only heating the head via the screw and disk? That could explain why I'm enjoying it more with a torch than with the wand...

coolbreeze

Didn't think of that, but it's correct. I just pulled the screw and disk off and my magnetic stand is worthless. Does this imply that an IH is only heating the head via the screw and disk? That could explain why I'm enjoying it more with a torch than with the wand...
No, the body is ferrous but not magnetic. Or at least the Camouflet Inductor has little problem heating it. It's probably pushing the wand to its limits, but that's just a guess. I agree though that it's wonderful with the torch.

kimura

Roasting it midway til the tips bright red for a few seconds. Even gone as far as 10. Its always disappointing. Can't call it wispy, but I've yet to really choke off the device. I get a few hits off it, but its nowhere near as dense of vapor as my other devices.
Sorry, but you’re doing it wrong. Thing is capable of massive, fairly devastating hits. Keep at it. Try torching a little lower on the heater as opposed to the tip. I don’t use the torch anymore with my TA3 but it definitely works as a heavy

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
HI

How do I choose any of the different versions? I don't quite understand what the differences are and why each may be desirable or not. Is there a resource?

madhockeydad,
Top Bottom