The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

lluther

Took my Tempest apart to clean it and was just admiring the little things.

I like the little teeth on the bowl that fit into little notches on the Radiator sleeve to keep the bowl from spinning on the o-rings when you are undoing the cap from the bowl.

I was bored so I took a few photos of what I am talking about for those that don’t have a Tempest yet.

I noticed the teeth have the same affect on my Ed’s TNT wooden WPA as they don’t damage the wood but it adds friction.

** side note, playing with my water pipe adapters and I’m curious what Brenyo is going to come up with as he mentioned an eventual WPA
I appreciate your well thought out detailed posts! Yes, the fit and finish is astoundingly good.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
@bhasma I pick the Tempest to clear a bowl over the Anvil to directly answer the question you asked a while back.

The Tempest feels like holds heat so long that you run out of vapour - before you run out of heat.

I was playing around with packing the bowl more full than I would normally after @RedZep explained that he thought a 0.2g bowl was doable - I figured I’d try and over fill it a bit and see how the airflow was and if I was still able to clear it.

RedZep

@bhasma I pick the Tempest to clear a bowl over the Anvil to directly answer the question you asked a while back.

The Tempest feels like holds heat so long that you run out of vapour - before you run out of heat.

I was playing around with packing the bowl more full than I would normally after @RedZep explained that he thought a 0.2g bowl was doable - I figured I’d try and over fill it a bit and see how the airflow was and if I was still able to clear it.

Nice! I didn't think to test it. Yeah the heater is a beast. It's clear it could extract 0.2g and I believe it will effectively cool it native also with SCU

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I don’t cram it full, but I definitely tamp it in and fill it to a snug fit. Added benefit is I don’t worry about holding it upright (saw someone earlier mention this to keep material from falling down on the ball screen).

RedZep

Yeah now you’re doing videos @Custom Flower Hardware I think I’m going to leave it to the professionals, between you and @RedZep I'm just adding noise ;P

Plus it’s 4am and I should sleep
Mate you must be joking. You've only has it a week and you've already tested it in ways that never even occured to me. You're bringing loads of value man

I cramed and jammed in this one!:tup: I tried to show the VI moving, tough on video, but such an innovative feature!:nod: you can stop the heat anywhere on the dial, so to speak to cater to your individual vaping preferences...:clap:
You've probably answered this on a previous video but what's the induction heater you're using?

Jojofernz

I cramed and jammed in this one!:tup: I tried to show the VI moving, tough on video, but such an innovative feature!:nod: you can stop the heat anywhere on the dial, so to speak to cater to your individual vaping preferences...:clap:
I was really hoping you would get one and make videos with it!! My hype for this has somehow gotten even bigger.

Been really trying to avoid this place so I’m not just thinking about my delivery every day. But had to take a look and man now the wait is gonna be longer.

Love seeing all the positive reviews from everyone receiving theirs. Praying mine arrives soon

Fox

You've probably answered this on a previous video but what's the induction heater you're using?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I was really hoping you would get one and make videos with it!! My hype for this has somehow gotten even bigger.

Been really trying to avoid this place so I’m not just thinking about my delivery every day. But had to take a look and man now the wait is gonna be longer.

Love seeing all the positive reviews from everyone receiving theirs. Praying mine arrives soon
My previous orders from MH have taken from 9 to 11 days so at 4 days I'm nearly half way there. I thought about avoiding the thread but decided instead to become "expert" before the vape arrives. :lol:

Misterhyde

How are liking the Inductor with the Tempest? It appears to be working well.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
If this is the wrong place for this let me know and I’ll move it

@RedZep watched TableTopBong on youtube?

I was going through my stuff and collecting all the vapes I want to re-home and realized I have two "Mega Globes" sitting around…

Drag race?

I wondered if I could get my timing just right so that I could have some sort of side by side comparison. There’s no way to control the variables but still… thought it might be amusing and possibly useful viewing.

I have Tempest packed with 0.08g (+/- 0.01g) and the Anvil packed with 0.07g (+/- 0.01g) my scale was bouncing between values so its must be right in the middle.

I used my most used Tempest settings (300c until timeout) and I heated the Anvil with a Torch until “just” after heating the second click which is why the torch stays on the Anvil for a little longer.

** This is not meant to be a true comparison, I just wanted to see them in action side by side somehow.

EDIT : There seems to be more Tempests in the hands of more people, I've seen a bunch of Instagram posts from accessory makers who have the Tempest, I have spoken to a few youtuber's have said that they just received or are waiting on a Tempest to review so there should be some reviews n stuff starting to come out through the usual channels

Last edited:

RedZep

I was going through my stuff and collecting all the vapes I want to re-home and realized I have two "Mega Globes" sitting around…

Drag race?

I wondered if I could get my timing just right so that I could have some sort of side by side comparison. There’s no way to control the variables but still… thought it might be amusing and possibly useful viewing.

I have Tempest packed with 0.08g (+/- 0.01g) and the Anvil packed with 0.07g (+/- 0.01g) my scale was bouncing between values so its must be right in the middle.

I used my most used Tempest settings (300c until timeout) and I heated the Anvil with a Torch until “just” after heating the second click which is why the torch stays on the Anvil for a little longer.

** This is not meant to be a true comparison, I just wanted to see them in action side by side somehow.

EDIT : There seems to be more Tempests in the hands of more people, I've seen a bunch of Instagram posts from accessory makers who have the Tempest, I have spoken to a few youtuber's have said that they just received or are waiting on a Tempest to review so there should be some reviews n stuff starting to come out through the usual channels
I think as long as you don't go in depth on the comparison in here it should be fine. You're a natural scientist mate. I sold my Anvil a while back, but I imagine if I could do this experiment it will be the taste that would strike me the most.

I've seen tabletopbong, only just discovered it, so haven't watched back all the episodes yet. But I like it.

I'm excited for Troy and Jerry to get hold of one. Although I thought they handled the Anvil very poorly. They didn't even bother learning to use it, and just burnt a few bowls and that was that. A part of me wondered if the Dynavap sponsorship played an unconscious role in that bias. Excited regardless as I enjoy their show still.

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer

Drag race?

That was awesome brother!!:rockon::love:

Custom Flower Hardware,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I've seen tabletopbong, only just discovered it, so haven't watched back all the episodes yet. But I like it.

I'm excited for Troy and Jerry to get hold of one. Although I thought they handled the Anvil very poorly. They didn't even bother learning to use it, and just burnt a few bowls and that was that. A part of me wondered if the Dynavap sponsorship played an unconscious role in that bias. Excited regardless as I enjoy their show still.
I know a couple of Australians who loved the Anvil who are going to do a review of the tempest and I also know they are mostly impartial so I am looking forward to that as he got me onto the Anvil. I have spoken to a few others that fit into the sponsorship category (T&J) so I am interested to see how it pans out

You'll get slightly better extraction with using the half bowl setting for half bowls, mainly because the bowl can heat through a bit quicker there.
That particualar mesh is a bit over used so it doesn't want to sit in the half setting anymore :) specifically after trying to pack close to 0.23g in the chamber.

Last edited:
Top Bottom