The Screwball by Vapvana

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
shopping for glass while my starter kit order is being prepared, i have my eyes on the mega globe flat earth 14mm. The screwball has an 18mm size, anyone mind suggesting what i need to make these two work together.
I like the Qarisma rig its 18mm and the main one I use with the Screwball
I'm so confused now, I don't even know if the updated version will be available in Australia :(
What parts are you worried about? the changes to the heater? PID?

I have the existing version (obviously) and I plan on trying to purchase the new micro dosing bowl direct from Cal when its released and similarly if there are changes that I think I need, I'll work with Cal to try and get them sent to Oz.

I just got my TA4 through the post, I have other stuff that is going to be a bit more of a challenge through in that they are more obviously ball vape components but I really don't think they will be stopping those packages

Last edited:

AndyO

What parts are you worried about? the changes to the heater? PID?

I have the existing version (obviously) and I plan on trying to purchase the new micro dosing bowl direct from Cal when its released and similarly if there are changes that I think I need, I'll work with Cal to try and get them sent to Oz.

I just got my TA4 through the post, I have other stuff that is going to be a bit more of a challenge through in that they are more obviously ball vape components but I really don't think they will be stopping those packages

I guess if they're releasing updates to the same version - it's not a 1.1 or a 1.5 or a 2.0 version, it's still the same version - it means there had to be something wrong with it initially, right?

That's the confusion, is that I don't really understand the change that necessitated them to stop selling on their website and go to pre-orders for a month plus. That indicates to me that it must me something wrong with the initial version, right?

It would be comforting to know from @Vapvana whether the new housing will be modular with the existing housing if there are any major improvements beyond slight changes to airflow(?)

The bowl you discuss and the impact it could potentially have on the experience vs the difficulty of getting our hands on it in Australia is kind of an argument against it I think.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
The bowl you discuss and the impact it could potentially have on the experience vs the difficulty of getting our hands on it in Australia is kind of an argument against it I think.
I don't think you should worry about getting the bowl for example - Cal actually sent me a replacement Screwball heater in March ~15th which made it through customs successfully - so did my 2x TA's & a Tempest cap.

I guess if they're releasing updates to the same version - it's not a 1.1 or a 1.5 or a 2.0 version, it's still the same version - it means there had to be something wrong with it initially, right?
I understand the feeling / logic. I mean I hear about the changes and I have to admit I ... want them sort of for the same reason, they are improvements over the existing and its being done for a reason.

The micro-dosing bowl is different; its a new feature, the existing bowl is for a different purpose, its to have a convection dominant experience but using conduction to avoid stirring; its light and thin and designed to heat up and cool down quickly and does a really good job.

I have no... fear of not being able to get the bowl.

gmocooties

I don't think you should worry about getting the bowl for example - Cal actually sent me a replacement Screwball heater in March ~15th which made it through customs successfully - so did my 2x TA's & a Tempest cap.

Yeah I wouldn't be too worried about getting bits and pieces like that through. I'd argue that vapes requiring an external heat source (butane TEDs, ball vape heaters) aren't captured by this legislation anyway, if you look into their definition of a vaporizer. But I understand why people would be hesitant.

A full kit ball vape kit is a slightly different story, admittedly, but it's such an odd looking piece of equipment that people wouldn't even know what they're looking at anyway lol. Could even ask to have it shipped disassembled to cover yourself a little more?

Still loving my Screwball too! Recently got a friend of mine onto the SB too. Pretty much everyone I've shown it to has been floored the thing!

AndyO

I decided to pull the trigger today. New models be damned, I wanted a ball vape, and I wanted it now.

I've taken it out of the box and I'm currently doing the burn off. A couple of negative observations - one is that these basic stands are junk compared to my mates Flowerpot stand, two is that I didn't get the "anti ball ball vape club" sticker, which I'm very sad about. I assume I have one of the early models that was released to re-sellers and that sticker didn't exist yet :(

Looking forward to using it tonight, although sadly I haven't had to do much work this fortnight, which means I don't have as much weed to use with it as I usually would.

Top Bottom