The Screwball by Vapvana

Vapvana

Manufacturer
vapvana-x-fc-banner_2x_bdfc8be4-11f3-41ec-b810-7123cbc87325.png

Overview​

Over a year and a half ago we started working on designing our dream coiled based DHV.

After ~10 iterations and a ton of testing, we are grateful for the opportunity to share this project with the community.

To read more about our origin story, click here

Introducing Project E-Vap:​

E-Vap Goals:​

• Work at lower temperatures - recreate a 'low temp dab'
  • Easy to use - have a seamless user experience
  • Create something different than current products available

E-Vap Features​

• Custom 25mm Coil
  • Titanium Housing + Lid
  • Heater holds ~750 2.5mm Gem Cut Rubies
  • Hybrid Heating
  • Titanium Bowl w/ shortened 18mm Joint + Wooden Handle
  • Bowl holds ~.4g of ground herbs

E-Vap Benefits​

• Operates at lower temperatures - 450f - 500f recommended range
  • Works hands free
  • Bowl uses 20mm mesh screens for easy replacements
  • No stirring necessary
  • Housing doesn’t get stuck to bowl, and bowl joint doesn’t get stuck in glass when hot

E-Vap Tests Conducted​

Some tests that helped influence our design decisions.
  1. Products Tested:
    1. DC Elev8r, BZero, Pinky, TiTi
  2. Housing Media Types Tested:
    1. Ruby Spheres - 3mm, 4mm
    2. SiC Spheres - 4mm
    3. Zirconia Spheres - 4mm
    4. Alumina Spheres - 4mm
    5. Ruby Gems - 2.5mm*, 3mm, 4mm

We tested the different materials using 4mm spheres in the BZero
      *2.5mm gem cut worked best at lower temperatures
  1. Media Temp Offset
    • Poked hole in diffusion screen to stick thermocouple into gems
    • Noticed an ~50f offset from the PID temp (IE - 470f on the PID = 420f gem temp)
  2. Conduction Only Heating on Bowl
    • Poked in a hole in the mesh screen in the bowl to stick a thermocouple into the middle of the herb
      • Didn’t notice an impact on ‘overcooking’ at recommended operating temperatures unless held on the bowl for 30+ seconds

E-Vap Differences​

What makes the E-Vap different from other options available?
  • 25mm Diameter Coil
    • The wider diameter coil has more airflow than 20mm versions, allowing for different media options to be used for the heater.
  • 2.5mm Gem Cut Rubies
    • Using a non spherical shape, in addition to the smaller diameter, allows for the housing to hold ~750 2.5mm Ruby Gems compared to ~300 3mm Ruby Spheres
  • Operates At Lower Temperatures
    • Allows for more flavorful hits by working at lower operating temperatures
  • Full Extraction With No Stirring Required
    • The hybrid heating allows for full extraction of your material without needing to stir the herbs
  • Seamless Housing + Bowl Connection
    • By creating both the diffuser housing and the bowl we are able to have a seamless user experience where the housing and bowl don’t get stuck together when hot.
  • 100 Day Guarantee
    • You have 100 days to use the E-Vap, or any of our future products, and if you don’t like the product we will give a 100% refund, no questions asked*

*Our goal is to help people have a better experience consuming cannabis, we rather lose money than have an unhappy customer

Coil Based Vapes With Diffusers Comparison Chart​

E-VapF22ZealTaroma 360B1
Coil Diameter25mm20mm20mm20mm20mm
Diffusion ScreenMeshMachinedMachinedMachinedMesh
Ruby Size2.5mm3mm3mm3mm3mm
Ruby ShapeGemSphereSphereSphereSphere
Ruby Total750*180210200200
Starting Temp460f550f530f375f600f?
Exposed CoilYYYYY
Heating StyleHybridConvectionConvectionHybridConvection
Stirring Required?NYYNY
Warranty?1 Year1 YearNoneNoneNone
Return Policy100 Days - opened or unopened30 Days - Unopened30 days - UnopenedNoneNone

*The E-Vap holds ~300 3mm Ruby Spheres for volume comparison reference

E-Vap Feedback​

Feedback from Recommended Vape Supplies:

The E-Vap has epic performance and a superb design which provides the highest quality vapor we've experience from a full titanium setup.

With almost instant vapor production it is incredibly efficient and due to the heater and bowl design, can be run as a convection heavy (460-500f), or hybrid setup (400-460F) if you're feeling patient!

It allows for everything from super terpy low temp clouds to 0.3g one hit extractions, with no stirring required, ever.

The heater design also means the E-Vap can be ready to vape from cold within three minutes, making it one of the fastest heating Diffuser style vaporizers available!

With machining tolerances to envy, the E-Vap heater never jams or sticks on the bowl and the bowl handle is positioned perfectly to hold the bowl in place while removing the heater avoiding accidents and the need for clips.

The handle is comfortable and the stand is sturdy and secure.

All in all this setup provides one of the smoothest and lowest user input experiences for this style of vape and has become one of our daily staples!

We're very pleased to have been a part of the development and are even more pleased with the final result!

‘Retail Ready’ Goals​

Once the product is refined from everyones feedback, we will work towards getting the kit retail ready and available for wholesale.

Goals for the retail ready version include:
  • Complete starter kit with everything you need
    • Deluxe Kit with glass offered in the future
  • Works right out of the box
  • Comes in a box with shrink wrap, barcode, and serial number
  • Product Warranty can be registered on our site
  • Custom ‘onboarding’ experience for new users
  • Plus any ideas from the early adopters round

Current Challenges​

There have been some challenges with refining the user experience
  1. Having the experience be seamless with no pieces getting stuck when hot AND keeping an airtight connection
  2. Having the gems be secured without sacrificing performance

Naming Contest​

As another way to give back to this community, because we don’t believe this project would exist without the people who have paved the way and contributed in the past, we are launching a naming contest for this product.

The grand prize winner will get a complete early adopters kit with the chance to win free products for life by becoming an official Vapvana beta tester.

Vapvana

Manufacturer

E-Vap Early Adopters Presale​

We have ~30 spots left in our Early Adopters round.

After the early adopters round is complete, we will work with users to gather feedback and prepare for the retail ready version of the product.

What’s included in the early adopters kit?
  • (1) Ti Housing + Lid*
  • (1) Mesh Screen for Housing*
  • (1) ~750 2.5mm Gem Cut Rubies*
  • (1) Custom 25mm Coil*
  • (1) Silicone Coil Handle*
  • (1) Ti Bowl + Handle
  • (2) Mesh Screen for Bowl
  • (1) Coil Stand
  • (1) SS Herb Scoop
  • (1) Wooden Brush

*The housing & coil items come pre-assembled

Pricing:​

The Early Adopters kit is priced at $199 with free shipping in the US. ($20 flat rate international shipping)

The retail ready version will be priced at $299+ depending on additional changes.

Timeline:​

Once the remaining units are sold, we will finalize the details with our manufacturer.

Due to the the issue with the airtight connection, new bowls will have to be made which will take ~2 weeks.

After the new bowls are completed the complete kits will be shipped to us in Arizona.

Shipping takes approximately 7-10 days, and then we will be shipping out the early adopters kit.

We plan to give each user 2-4 weeks to test and give feedback*

*Giving feedback is optional although we would appreciate all users feedback to help improve the product as much as possible

Early Adopters Perks​

As a thank you for anyone willing to invest in this project, we have some special surprises to show our gratitude
  • One early adopter will be given an opportunity to win free products for life, by becoming an official Vapvana Beta Tester
  • Each order will include a free gift, which can be any of the following:
    • 3 Piece Magnetic Grinder
    • Glass Dynavap Stem Prototype
    • Dry Catch + Pass Thru Prototype
    • 18’ Bong Prototype
  • Get early access to future product releases
  • Get access to our private early adopters group
  • Any items that are updated for performance will be given to early adopters for free (we ask that the user pays shipping)
  • Help shape the future of our products and company 🙂

Click here to reserve your early adopters kit

Beyond The Clouds​

Our goal is to focus on improving the user experience of vaping cannabis.

From vapes to accessories, we believe there is room to provide a better experience without sacrificing performance.

We even believe we are the tip of the iceberg when it comes to vaping technologies, and are excited for what the future holds.

How We Plan On Showing Up for the FC Community​

• Stay on top of each product thread we have
  • Host contests & giveaways for FC members only
  • Fund one project per year for a FC community member

Message From The Founder​

What’s up FC!

My name is Cal and I’m the founder of Vapvana.

It has been truly a surreal experience working on this project.

Making a product that meets my own standards has been a fun and challenging journey.

Here are some notes from along the way:

• I’ve personally used this device over 2,000 times during the testing process, and still use it as my main DHV.
  • The refinement process takes a long time, and nothing goes exactly as planned.
  • It was my daily driver for ~6 months and allowed me to take a break from concentrates.
  • I refuse to make any decisions with the intention to make money.
  • I refuse to release any products that have known issues with them.
It seems like the other day I was searching the forums and reddit looking for the best vape tech available….

And now I’m beyond grateful for the opportunity to create new products & experiences for the community that has fueled my passion for years.

I truly believe my purpose in life is to build community and fight for the community members’ best interests.

Providing people with great experiences is what motivates me to get out of bed every morning - not money.

I look forward to connecting, collaborating, and building the future of cannabis vaping.

With love and gratitude,

Cal

PS - I will always be available to this community via PM if you ever need anything <3

Last edited:

Vapvana

Manufacturer
[reserved for video update #1]

Last edited:
Vapvana,

Kreator87

Looks very promising! Loving all the info and videos. Will the contest be posted on the Contest section here on FC? Will it be 1 name per person or multiple entries allowed?

Wishing you lots of luck with the business, you definitely seem to be putting in a lot of work!

I like the looks of it. It's cool seeing all these more affordable ball vapes hit the market. Makes it easier to recommend to friends who aren't wanting to drop $300+ for a decent product.

ImprisonedFetus,
Reactions: Vapvana

Vapvana

Manufacturer

Vapvana

Manufacturer
Happy Father's Day to all the Dads on here!

I've been busy making more content for y'all, and still have a lot more work to do.

Here's what's in the pipeline:

Videos Done:​

• Vapvana x FC - Intro Video
  • E-Vap Deep Dive & Accessory Overview

Videos To Record:

• E-Vap Sesh Walkthrough
  • E-Vap Performance Test - 2.5mm gem cut vs 3mm balls
  • E-Vap Housing Gem Temp Test
  • E-Vap Bowl + Conduction Temp Test

Editing videos is new to me, and I definitely underestimated the amount of work required to do the post-editing. Please let me know if you have any suggestions to improve the viewing experience.

Or let me know if there is any specific type of content you'd like to see.

Looks very promising! Loving all the info and videos. Will the contest be posted on the Contest section here on FC? Will it be 1 name per person or multiple entries allowed?

Wishing you lots of luck with the business, you definitely seem to be putting in a lot of work!
Thanks for the kind words!

The contest will be exclusive to FC. I'm currently working with the mods to receive approval to post.

You will be able to make as many name entries as you'd like, and there will be runner up prizes selected at random to members who participate.

I like the looks of it. It's cool seeing all these more affordable ball vapes hit the market. Makes it easier to recommend to friends who aren't wanting to drop $300+ for a decent product.
Thanks for stopping in!

Beyond the products performance and user experience, accessibility is another area I'm passionate about.

Here are some ways I plan to make our products more accessible:
  • Offer affordable products that also perform well​

• Because it sucks when your first experience with a vape is underwhelming or doesn't meet your expectations.
  • Have wholesale options available from the beginning​

• Our manufacturer is capable of producing 500+ units per month, and our goal is to work towards creating a worldwide distribution network.
  • Offer healthy margins for retailers​

• It's important to me that our favorite in-person & online retailers are compensated fairly.
  • Provide a 100 day guarantee on all products​

• I stand behind all our products want to remove the risk from new users getting into the vaping space.
  • Provide warranties on all products​

• I want users to know we have their back when issues come up

And I'm always open to feedback or new suggestions/ideas that help improve the user experience :D

Hope y'all had a great weekend!

As always, let me know if you have questions.

Talk soon,
Cal

Last edited:

Razshiro

I wish you the best for your project, seems really a great "ball vape", i like the fact than you have a custom bowl (titanium !!) and more option coming in the futur .... Looking forwards to test this asap :p

Bababouy

Is there no longer an option to purchase without a PID? Maybe I am remembering incorrectly but the last few times I was contemplating this I thought there was an option to purchase without a PID. I’m tempted purchase the kit but realistically do not need another power unit regardless of wiring unless there is another reason it is required for the coil to function 100%

Bababouy,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Is there no longer an option to purchase without a PID? Maybe I am remembering incorrectly but the last few times I was contemplating this I thought there was an option to purchase without a PID. I’m tempted purchase the kit but realistically do not need another power unit regardless of wiring unless there is another reason it is required for the coil to function 100%
I haven't seen an option without the PID. I also have not seen the pin out of the vapvana coil. Although I admit I did not watch any of the videos.

Vapvana

Manufacturer
I wish you the best for your project, seems really a great "ball vape", i like the fact than you have a custom bowl (titanium !!) and more option coming in the futur .... Looking forwards to test this asap :p
Thanks for stopping in and the support! :rockon:

You are correct, I made some updates to the listing to better manage my inventory for the early adopters round.

If you'd like to purchase the kit without a PID, please use the following coupon code for a $50 off discount.

NOPID50

I haven't seen an option without the PID. I also have not seen the pin out of the vapvana coil. Although I admit I did not watch any of the videos.
I'm working on posting both video and written updates, so you can choose which format works best for you :tup:

Pin Layout:​

I made an updated image for the coil & pid compatibility, and added it to the kit listing.

Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

Vapvana-Coil-Pid-Compatibility-Chart-2023.png

Naming Contest Update:​

The official naming contest thread has been posted, and I'm just waiting for approval from the mods before it goes live.

I will make another post here once it is approved.

Early Adopters Kit / Timeline Update:​

There will be an update in regards to the early adopters presale & timeline this weekend / Monday after I finalize some details with our manufacturer.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
-Cal

Vapvana

Manufacturer

Sesh Walkthrough Update​

(Timestamp links open a new window - use the 'chapters' feature within the video player to stay on this tab)

00:00 - Welcome Message
00:30 - Loading Bowl
01:28 - Glass Setup
01:50 - PID Temp
02:08 - First Hit
03:04 - Roast Color
03:20 - Cooking Analogy
04:34 - Second Hit
05:05 - Use Preference
05:34 - Third Hit
06:13 - Emptying Bowl
07:14 - Heating Preference
07:28 - Cleaning Bowl
08:49 - Bowl Screens
09:46 - Preheating Bowl Theory
10:37 - Device Downsides
13:55 - Closing Thoughts

10 Step Sesh Walkthrough​

1. Turn On the PID​

• Hold the middle button until the PID powers on
    • We recommended starting at 460f and adjusting up or down 5f to you reach your desired vapor production
    • For best results, keep the heater on the stand to heat soak the Ruby Reservoir for ~3-5 mins
  2. Load The Bowl​

• Load the bowl up to to the brim* / top of the bowl walls
      • Easiest when using an herb scoop
      • Loading over the brim can cause herb to get on the heater diffusion screen
    • It’s possible to spill herb due to the nature of the bowl design
    • You can use the brush to remove any herb off the sides of the bowl
  3. Put the Bowl in the Glass Joint​

• Use a slight downward twisting motion to secure the bowl joint in the glass joint
    • NOTE: Due to the nature of metal on glass, metal dust can appear on your glass joints after the bowl joint gets hot.
      • We recommend using a q-tip and isopropyl alcohol to clean as necessary.
  4. Put the Heater on the Bowl​

• WARNING: Bowl can get extremely hot to the touch after being used. We recommend using a glass accessory (dry catch, drop down, pass thru adapter, etc) and not putting the bowl joint directly into your glass rig.

• Try and put the heater directly down on the bowl, and not on an angle
    • Once the heater is placed on it can be used hands free
      • Be careful of the direction of the handle and the weight applied to your glass rig. (We don’t want anything tipping over or breaking!)
  5. Inhale 🙂

• Take a deep breath out.
    • Inhale as fast or slow as you’d like.
    • Take a small inhale to get the goodness into your lungs (No need to hold the hit in)
    • Exhale it all
  6. Remove the Heater from the Bowl​

• WARNING: Bowl can get extremely hot to the touch - make sure you use the wooden handle.
    • When lifting the heater off the bowl, try and lift the heater directly up
      • The pressure from the handle can cause the heater to get stuck to the bowl, and lift the bowl out of the glass joint by mistake.
      • This is why in step 3 we recommended using a slight downward twist to secure the bowl in the glass joint
    • If the heater gets stuck, give it a slight wiggle up and down (twisting it can cause it to get further stuck)
      • You should see the heater detach and become more easily removable with an upward motion
    • Removing the heater from the bowl allows the ruby reservoir to recharge it’s stored heat.
      • After 10-15 seconds you will be able to put it back on and continue producing vapor (unless your product is fully vaped at your chosen temp)
      • You can place the heater back on the stand, or hold it in the air off the bowl while the ruby reservoir recharges
  7. Repeat Steps 4 thru 6​

• This can be done over the same sitting / sesh, or over the course of a day..
    • Continue until you no longer desire the taste or vapor stops producing at your chosen temperature
    • You may be able to increase the temperature to continue extracting and producing visible vapor
    • Stirring is not required in between hits
  8. Place Heater Back on Stand​

• Once you are finished with your sesh put the heater back on the stand.
    • The heater can sit on the stand indefinitely with the PID on or off.
  9. Turn Off The PID​

• To extend the life of the coil, we recommend minimizing the amount of times you turn the coil on and off (up to once per day is desired)
  10. Clean Your Bowl / Glass​

• For easiest and best maintenance practices, we recommend you clean your bowl & glass piece after each sesh / day.
    • To clean the bowl we recommend doing it after your last hit while it is still warm - use a cotton swab to clean the reclaim off the walls of the bowl
      • Make sure the hold the wooden handle if the bowl is too hot to touch
      • You can dip the cotton swab in isopropyl alcohol to help remove the reclaim
    • To clean your glass we recommend shaking 99% isopropyl (warm or room temp) in the glass rig
      • The reclaim should dissolve directly into the alcohol
      • You can reuse the alcohol to minimize waste

Current Problems & Proposed Solutions Chart

Problem
Solution
There isn’t an airtight seal with the current bowl design.​
Continue prototyping new bowls until an airtight seal is fixed with a seamless user experience.
Metal dust on glass joints from bowl joint​
Provide a glass attachment / accessory to avoid damaging your glass rigs
Heater Diffusion Screen gets dirty from bowls being overloaded, or blowback from bongs / rigs.​
Create how-to videos and tutorials to help prevent bowls being overloaded.

Pass thru adapters help prevent blowback from the bongs.
Heater can get stuck to the bowl if lifted up on an angle and pull the bowl out of the joint.​
Create how-to videos and tutorials to help prevent the issues from the handle being lifted or the bowl not being secured properly in the glass joint.

Vapvana

Manufacturer

Early Adopters Update​

Here’s we are at with the Early Adopters Presale

Total kits sold: 15 (7 US / 8 INT)

Kits Remaining: 20 (15 US / 5 INT)

Inventories are updated on the website and you can reserve your kit here

Already have a compatible PID?

Use this code to take $50 off your order:
NOPID50

Timeline Updates​

The updated coils are being made for the allotted amounts of 110v and 220v. They should be done within the next week.
  • Having the kits shipped to me is contingent on completion of the presale.
  • Once the remaining kits have been sold, it will take approximately 7-10 days to receive the shipment.
  • I will be shipping out everyone’s orders once the kits land in the US.
  • If we are able to get the remaining kits sold in time, I’d like to have the orders shipped out by the 4th week of July.
  • Early Adopters will also be receiving updated bowls / parts after we finalize the design and move into production.

Early Adopter Perks for FC Members​

All orders from FC members are going to include a free gift as a thank you for trusting in our project.

Gift included will be one of the following:
  • 18’ fab bong (US only)
    Bong_Prize.jpg
  • 3 pc magnetic grinder
    Grinder_Prize.jpg
  • 8mm Glass Stem Prototype w/ Cooling Balls (Dynatip and Dynacoil not included)
    [picture coming soon]

Leave a comment in the order notes with your FC username and what item you’d like and I’ll do my best to take care of you.

In addition to a random gift, all early adopters will be put into an early access group for all future product releases.

Early Adopters Kit Goals​

Here are some of the goals we are looking to accomplish with the early adopters round.
  • Come up with an official product name!
  • Get the kit retail ready:
    • Make any necessary changes to the product & accessories based off of early adopters feedback
    • Have the kit shrink wrapped with barcodes, serial numbers, and a warranty process in place to register the device
    • Create how-to manuals, tutorial videos, onboarding experiences, etc

Naming Contest​

We’ve had a lot of great entries so far in our naming contest!

If you haven’t submitted anything yet - click here to go check it out

I also made an app for people to upvote some of the names I’ve liked so far.

The votes don’t mean anything - but it would cool to see what y’all think 🙂

Check it out here

Happy 4th of July Weekend!​

Hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend!

I got a chance to celebrate early by floating down the Arizona Salt River yesterday…

(And of course I had to bring a vape)

267A6A9C-15C9-4D4C-9CE8-3CD4CE50EF77.jpg

I’m feeling reset from being out in nature, and am excited to keep making more content for y’all!

I’ll be back next week with more updates.

Cheers,
Cal

Vapvana

Manufacturer
What up FC!

Hope everyone had a great 710 the other day! I’ve been busy working on multiple projects this past weekend, but still have a pretty solid update for y'all.

Let’s dive in.

Naming Contest​

Thanks to everyone who participated in our naming contest! I’m really impressed with how creative everyone is - and am looking forward to choosing a name.

The random winners will be selected this Friday at 4:20pm PST on Instagram Live (@Vapvana)

Early Adopters Kit Timeline​

The first order of early adopters kits have officially been ordered! They are being shipped out to me soon - and I will provide everyone with a more definite timeline ASAP.

There are still more kits available on our site. Once they are sold, kits won’t be available until the retail ready version.

Which will include the official new product name from one of you!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Performance Test: 2.5mm Gem Cut Rubies vs 3mm Sapphire Pearls​

I made a video featuring the performance differences using 2.5mm gem cut rubies vs 3mm sapphire pearls

(timestamps open in new tab - use the 'chapters' feature in the video player to stay within this thread)

00:00 - 1st Bowl
00:14 - 450f - Gem Cut
01:14 - 1st Bowl AVB
01:38 - 550f - Gem Cut
02:35 - 2nd Bowl AVB
03:36 - 450f - Pearls
04:37 - 3rd Bowl AVB
05:00 - 550f - Pearls
05:53 - 4th Bowl AVB
06:04 - AVB Comparison

Here are some of my notes:​

• I tried to keep the heater media as the only variable change
    • Same coil, housing, PID, rig, dry catch, and flower strain.
  • Two .4g bowls of ground herb were used per test
    • 450f with a ~10 min heat soak
    • 550f with a ~10 min heat soak
  • I conducted one test at night (gem cut rubies) and one test in the morning (sapphire pearls)
    • I let the housing completely cool down before swapping out the media
  • I cleaned the rig in between tests
    • Dry catch was not cleaned
  • I tried my best to use the same inhale speed throughout the tests.

AVB Results Pic:​

vapvana-test-gem-vs-pearl-avb.jpg

Sesh With Me​

I’ve opened up some 30 min time slots on my calendar for anyone that’d like to have an intro video call with me (via Google Meet)

You can reserve your spot here: https://www.calendly.com/vapvana/intro
  • Have any questions about the early adopters kit?
  • Interested in learning more about my background?
  • Want to just sesh and chill?
No matter your reason - I wanted to make myself available for anyone in this community that wants to connect.

Dabs On Deck​

Over the past couple of months I’ve been bringing an idea to life for a dab bar service (powered by Vapvana products)

The first idea is for a mobile dab cart - featuring flower and rosin dabs.

I went to a cannabis bingo this past weekend, and here’s a recap video I made for Instagram.

Commercial Grade Vapes​

My goal is to also make commercial grade products and vaporizers.

What does that mean?

I believe there is a need for products made specifically for businesses to sample out their products. Just like you can get an espresso machine for using at home, which is built differently than the espresso machine at your local Cafe.

Companies need devices to sample out products all day long - while still providing the user with a good consumption experience.

This project aligns with my belief on building community first - from the ground up. And Dabs On Deck is how I plan on bringing more exposure to the dry herb / concentrate vaping community.

I’ll provide more updates on this project when available.

Next Update​

For the next update I’m working on:
  • A blog post explaining how I designed my first DHV.
    • Along with some of the design methodologies I used to get to this point
  • Performance Tests to conduct:
    • Temp of Media in Heater
    • Temp Increase of Herb in Bowl with Heater Attached

Is there any other content you’d like to see made?

I’m always open to new ideas so please let me know if you have any suggestions or questions.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week.

See you on Friday for the winner announcements.

Cheers,
Cal

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
2.5mm gem cut rubies vs 3mm sapphire pearls
I know that the only difference is the chromium for color, but is there a good reason you didn't compare 2.5mm ruby pearls rather than the larger sapphires?

I'm pretty surprised to see it run that much hotter with the gem cut given other people's experiments on this site.

I suspect the restriction was increased quite a bit with the gem cut?

Bababouy

@Vapvana Great comparison video! Makes me even more excited to try this thing out. Also loving the blue color of your head. What’s the max you have set it too? I made the mistake of doing a max temp burn off when I purchased my b0 and it’s not very pretty, would like to keep this one a similar color to yours.

Looking forward to your additional updates, Keep up the good work!

Vapvana

Manufacturer

Introducing...​

vapvana-screwball-banner_2x_144807e9-9d3d-4dff-8e63-0d833c53e6ce.png

Congrats to the Grand Prize Winner of the Naming Contest - @Necra :clap::rockon::tup::bowdown::science::party:

and thanks to everyone who contributed to the contest!

We had 43 members participate, with over 250 unique name entries!

Shoutout to:
@snackmaster @RustyOldNail @coolbreeze @Hackerman @Kreator87 @Raskolnikov @Bologna @HyDrOpOnIc1987 @vapviking @macbill
@Shit Snacks @GoldenBud @Farid @olysh @Sativapo @Pcloudy @nicknobody @Razshiro @Buildozer @Monk Debate @666Honeybadger
@Necra @Hippie @DadaBoo @Timps27 @80Sixed @erka @BabyFacedFinster @someTooL @Perfect_Speed4069 @TigoleBitties @Misterhyde
@Shrike @Grass Yes @TangibleHangnail @tinctorus @Xclerk @Darth Gram Gram @DocNicksche @MinnBobber @ubardog @fangorn @Bababouy

The randomly selected winners were chosen on Instagram live today.

Winners Chosen:​

Grinder_Prize.jpg

Grinder #1 - @80Sixed
Grinder #2 - @Pcloudy
Grinder #3 - @fangorn

Briefcase_Prize.jpg

Briefcase - @coolbreeze

Bong_Prize.jpg

Fab Bong - @Monk Debate

Stem_Prize.jpg

Prototype Stem + Dynatip - @Raskolnikov

DSC00729.jpg

Screwball Early Adopters Kit - @ubardog

33% Off Coupon (For Our Grand Opening) - All Participants! (I will message you the coupon code prior to our grand opening)

A SUR(PRIZE) FOR ALL NON WINNERS

For anyone who contributed and did not win a prize, I'd like to offer you the option to receive a '2nd quality' herb scoop for... FREE :rockon:
DSC00751.jpg

Shoot me a message if you're interested in receiving one :tup:

Why did we choose the name "The Screwball"?

There are a few reasons I went with this name:
  1. It spoke to my background in baseball :goon:
    1. In baseball there is a pitch called a 'screwball' - where the ball moves in the opposite direction of a 'curveball'
    2. To me this is a symbol of how we are trying to move in a different direction than the 'industry norm'
  2. It's a play on words when our 'ball vape' doesn't use any ruby balls - aka 'screw balls' :evil:

3. It unlocked a nostalgic 'core memory' from my childhood :love:
    1. Does anyone remember these ice cream treats?
      resize
    2. These were one of my favorite things from the ice cream truck, and I thought it was ironic it is in a cone which is a similar shape to the gem cut rubies our vape uses.
  4. I thought it would be a good conversation topic - "why is it called the screwball?"

Closing Thoughts​

Thanks again to everyone who participated and contributed! :bowdown:

It was extremely hard picking a winner. :cry:

I will be contacting everyone over the weekend arranging their prize shipments.

Until our next contest... :science:

(Next update coming tomorrow :rockon:)

Cheers,
Cal

Top Bottom