Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Nugget49er

Old Fart
[ I will finally follow your sage lead "OF" and post my first picture, to hell with EXIF.

One of the main problems I read on the boards is "wall stckage" priming issues with the Omicron carts. whatever you call it the thicker stuff doesn't want to go down.

I try to use things I have, I finally found a use for the Arizer Extreme Potpourii bowl. I found a 1.5" long piece of SOLID steel rod .5" dia. that I place in the center as a thermal mass. I have tested at different temps and found that 100 C to be at about 108F +(a nice warm summers day where I live)let it sit for 30 minutes on , and all that stubborn stuff is "Movin on down" to the bottom of the carts

Its a good use of the Vaporizer bowl, and the Vaporizer delivers very precise heat

THCScientific - Can you please check WO# 793 ?? I wanted to know the failure temp. of the gaskets in the cartridges , before I posted. The temps I stated should be safe . Since no ans. since last Dec. 8-(

PS- I posted this on the Omicron 1.x thread also, but I guess all the big boys are over here now?

Nugget49er

Nugget49er,
Reactions: rufrothy

SlideOrDie

THCScientific - Can you please check WO# 793 ?? I wanted to know the failure temp. of the gaskets in the cartridges , before I posted. The temps I stated should be safe . Since no ans. since last Dec. 8-(

PS- I posted this on the Omicron 1.x thread also, but I guess all the big boys are over here now?

Nugget49er

I have talked to them about this already and I was told not to go above 125* F if you're heating the entire cart.

I have used my extreme Q to do this as well to get my carts primed and it works amazing at 50-55*C. I just toss the cart in the cyclone bowl and the glass elbow fits directly over top without the screen in it. I usually do it for 5-10 minutes and it works like a charm every time.

Instant prime with good clouds comes easy this way.

SlideOrDie,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
They smoosh together fairly well, but i have to be very carefull to get them on. Basically first i attach both carts with no tip. After puting on the first tip there is no room for the second tip between the two cartidges, basically the plastic top is touching the second cart. If i carefully push some space in there i can manage to get the second tip on but it doesn't feel right, too much tension. I feel like a joined tip that only has a single thickness between the carts, rather than the double thickness you get with two tips will be required.

Thats exactly my siituation and I didn't want to ruin the top by stretching it to make it fit.

For those concerned about exif data (should be most folks). you might try a tool like this before posting...

http://www.easyexifdelete.com/

dankd420

Thanks but I tried that. Putting both of those 18350s makes it so that you have to adjust the plate almost all the way to the bottom. I've tried adjusting it many ways but still, the button won't light. I have a feeling that the issue could be with the way that the positive end contacts don't really stick out beyond the rim of the battery.

Ahh, i suppose if i had paid more attention i would have known that, the 18350's use the lowest setting in the adjuster. I would probably open a ticket with delta9vapes. As I'm impatient i would probably stop by a dispensary, if you have a local dispensary that stocks persei, and ask to compare your battery to ones they have.

When i look at the trustfire 18350's that came with my persei the + terminal is only a mm or two taller than the edge of the battery. Puting the two on top of eachother its almost a flat fit, but i can rock the top battery back and forth a little.

Hope you get this figured out,
dankd

dankd420,
Reactions: Authentic

Omar21

Omar
can I upgrade my omicron pen vapes v1 for the persei? also if possible what would be the upgrade cost?

Omar21,

Authentic

Persei abuser
Ahh, i suppose if i had paid more attention i would have known that, the 18350's use the lowest setting in the adjuster. I would probably open a ticket with delta9vapes. As I'm impatient i would probably stop by a dispensary, if you have a local dispensary that stocks persei, and ask to compare your battery to ones they have.

When i look at the trustfire 18350's that came with my persei the + terminal is only a mm or two taller than the edge of the battery. Puting the two on top of eachother its almost a flat fit, but i can rock the top battery back and forth a little.

Hope you get this figured out,
dankd

Thanks dankd. I checked the batteries with the voltage meter and they were both firing at 4.24v. I added a little piece of aluminum foil in between the batteries and sure enough, my Persei worked!! I removed the aluminum foil and somehow, it works normally now. I'm going to give the 7.4v configuration a test run tonight to see if opening a support ticket is needed.

Thanks again! Can't wait for the LCD top. Whoop whoop!

Edit: I wanted to mention that my Persei is labeled #994. I think that means that there over 1000 Perseis out there now. Congrats THC Scientific!!

2nd Edit: I've had no luck with those batteries. I opened a ticket w/ customer support.

Authentic,

Authentic

Persei abuser
Authentic, does the tops work with the 3.7 battery?

Yes, both tops work with the 18650 3.7v battery. The smaller 18350s do charge but when they're stacked inside the Persei, the contacts do not touch.
I opened ticket #407033 with customer support.

Authentic,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Yes, both tops work with the 18650 3.7v battery. The smaller 18350s do charge but when they're stacked inside the Persei, the contacts do not touch.

Even after adjusting the spacer plate they dont fit? I thought that was the whole idea with the adjustment or is there not enough range in the adjustment.

ru_frothi,

dankd420

Even after adjusting the spacer plate they dont fit? I thought that was the whole idea with the adjustment or is there not enough range in the adjustment.

It would appear that his issue is not the connect at the top, or the bottom, but in the middle between the two short 18350 batterys.

dankd

dankd420,

JoeKickass

Try switching the batteries around, maybe one contact is longer than the other. The odds that you got two defective batteries at the same time while no one else has had an issue is really small.

EDIT: How much does the middle contact stick out of your Persei top? And the double top?

JoeKickass,

Vitolo

Vaporist
My spacer plate requires some serious adjustment when going to the 3 v batteries...
I have gotten the "touch".. the knack of screwing the spacer plate with no tool, with slight pressure on battery from above, and using the ball of my index finger from below.

Vitolo,

Authentic

Persei abuser
Try switching the batteries around, maybe one contact is longer than the other. The odds that you got two defective batteries at the same time while no one else has had an issue is really small.

EDIT: How much does the middle contact stick out of your Persei top? And the double top?

I tried switching the order of the batteries. I got the same result. Sometimes it will light but if I take out the batteries and re-insert them, chances are 9 out 10 it won't work. Like I said earlier, I added a tiny piece of aluminum foil in between the batteries to create a greater contact and that worked every single time no matter what order the batteries where in. I contacted customer support but they closed my ticket saying "try the adjustment tool". I'm hoping G sees this and re-opens my ticket.

Authentic,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I do and will soon as I get to the office, private message me your original ticket number.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

I tried switching the order of the batteries. I got the same result. Sometimes it will light but if I take out the batteries and re-insert them, chances are 9 out 10 it won't work. Like I said earlier, I added a tiny piece of aluminum foil in between the batteries to create a greater contact and that worked every single time no matter what order the batteries where in. I contacted customer support but they closed my ticket saying "try the adjustment tool". I'm hoping G sees this and re-opens my ticket.

This comes up with flashlight guys a lot. There's some small differences that can make a stack too short, even happens with single cells sometimes. Sometimes makers need to get the last little bit of volume out, sometimes they don't I guess. Anyway, the standard fix there is a small magnet. The bitty plated ones like hold your grinder together. Round flat thin ones are set on top (they stick to the iron) and assembled in the stack. Usually a 1/16 inch is plenty if everything else is OK. Vendors of serious flashlights, hobby shops, hardware stores and the like sell them (great for 'refrigerator magnet' projects), I got mine from Amazon years ago. Fun little guys in their own right, too.

OF

OF,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Just curious if the flower cart idea has been produced yet. This is the only thing holding me back from ordering this. I like that you can put a larger load (than Thermovape Revolution) of concentrates into this. At least I think you can...

Bluntcrush,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I want to add a comment about understanding your impedance.
This can become second nature if you take it slow and get the feel for it.
I successfully used a 2.4 ohm cart on 6 volts of battery, and got some fog type hits that were great.
This prompted me to try a weaker pair of 3.4 v Batteries on the 2.4 cart.
It worked, and worked almost too well.
I have no battery tester, but am considering getting one.
As it stands now, I seem to have a feel for the length of time a battery has been in service vs. the voltage reduction from it's full value.
between 2.4 and 4 ohms... there is a HUGE number of possible variances on the configurations... and the bottom line is that a human "feel" for the matching gets you a very long way.
"Practice makes Poifect"

Vitolo,

wb21

if a concentrate has a hard time priming at 3.7v even though its in a 2.4 ohm cart would priming at say 7.4v get it to flow better? the concentrate says its a BTO extracted wax

wb21,

OF

if a concentrate has a hard time priming at 3.7v even though its in a 2.4 ohm cart would priming at say 7.4v get it to flow better? the concentrate says its a BTO extracted wax

I wouldn't. Sounds like a good way to blow it up. That's four times the power. And it if did survive, you sure don't intend to run it there, do you?

If it's melted down well (has to reach the bottom where the feed heater is) it should prime and feed. If, however, you've left a gap under the load it's never going to work until you address that. I'd suggest reading back a bit on the loading/melting down process and have a go.

OF

OF,

druminfected

A question to all the peeps that have refilled carts a lot. I have this 4.0 Ohm cart that keeps leaking from the bottom. I keep cleaning up the mess, and I think it has finally stopped leaking from the bottom now. My question is, should I bother refilling this cart when empty or just fill a new one? Just curious if this is going to keep leaking on me.

druminfected,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
A question to all the peeps that have refilled carts a lot. I have this 4.0 Ohm cart that keeps leaking from the bottom. I keep cleaning up the mess, and I think it has finally stopped leaking from the bottom now. My question is, should I bother refilling this cart when empty or just fill a new one? Just curious if this is going to keep leaking on me.

for me re-filling in general will get leakier with time nut slowly. Some carts are leakier than others, some concentrates are leakier than others. There is a lot of variation and like Vito says it's a feel. The feel comes from practice and observation. Generally if a cart was a big leaker when full and then cleared up toward the end of its run and then you refill it its gonna be big leaker again. I ditch any overly leaky cart and keep the better ones.

ru_frothi,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I wouldn't. Sounds like a good way to blow it up. That's four times the power. And it if did survive, you sure don't intend to run it there, do you?

If it's melted down well (has to reach the bottom where the feed heater is) it should prime and feed. If, however, you've left a gap under the load it's never going to work until you address that. I'd suggest reading back a bit on the loading/melting down process and have a go.

OF

and 4X the power to a dry heater (NOT PRIMED) seems to be the recipe for blowing up carts. This was never an issue on omicron only with the Persei and higher voltage/power.

ru_frothi,

Vitolo

Vaporist
A cart firmly screwed on does not leak. If the cart is still warm perhaps it would be best to not unscrew it until it has cooled down. I have found that the leakiest carts do not leak much if they are cool when the are removed.

Vitolo,
Reactions: rufrothy

OF

A cart firmly screwed on does not leak. If the cart is still warm perhaps it would be best to not unscrew it until it has cooled down. I have found that the leakiest carts do not leak much if they are cool when the are removed.

Wow, interesting observation....no wonder they call you Sage. I sure like that better that a 'leakproof' cart that traps extract inside I can't recover.

Anyone else notice or have a comment on this 'won't leak if you leave it on' idea?

Thanks.

OF

OF,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Wow, interesting observation....no wonder they call you Sage. I sure like that better that a 'leakproof' cart that traps extract inside I can't recover.

Anyone else notice or have a comment on this 'won't leak if you leave it on' idea?

Thanks.

OF

He's correct. It doesn't leak as much. just leaks into the bottom part of cart and fills it. Can make priming a lengthy and ardous process. you need to be patient when priming or you will cause a big mess but I have used that trick with leaky carts.

That said I have like 4 batteries so I seldomly switch carts. I rock a unit till its dead.

I discovered this trick after PG leaked all over my pocket one day.

ru_frothi,
Top Bottom