The Nomad From Morwood

fangorn

hey @CanikUser19
I think I'm on the list of "nolife" people obsessed with the Dan Morrison universe...

@Electrofever
Thank you for the message !!
I am also surprised to have achieved this...!
that's what I wrote to Dan... "I'm under 40, I have two beautiful children and the most beautiful collection I could dream of... I've made a success of my life!!!"

@Copacetic
I already have an alarm system, but a safe or the adoption of 3 dogs - including one called Cerberus - are actually being considered!! ahaha
(and on the association of ideas, I clearly associated this Nomad with the film Interstellar, itself associated with a major event in my life.
but graphically, Tintin really seemed perfect to me!!!)

Have a good week !

Electrofever

"I'm under 40, I have two beautiful children and the most beautiful collection I could dream of... I've made a success of my life!!!"
Ahah, someone in my country said years ago that if at 40 you didn’t own a Rolex, you missed your life. I don’t know if you have a Rolex, but no need with the collection you have !! :cool:

Electrofever,
Reactions: fangorn

fangorn

I received my curved stem from GVB a week ago I think.

I prefer the slightly more restricted draw of my other stems, but the experience is pleasant.
The cooling level is sufficient. We lose a little flavor, but it's reasonable.
I'm glad I was able to catch one! even if it's not the stem I'll use the most, it will have its place in the rotation.

And... it's beautiful!!
it goes beautifully with the last Nomad I purchased.
But, because of its shape, it pairs better with the Toads, in my opinion. because it is more elongated.

Everyone have a good start to the week!

seriousTone

Anybody else feel anxious to receive their batch 2 Nomad, yet wonder once it arrives - if they'll slightly miss having something so elusive and meticulously expertly crafted to be waiting for?

There is a slight excitement to it, although I'm very ready to have it already lol.

jbm

Anybody else feel anxious to receive their batch 2 Nomad, yet wonder once it arrives - if they'll slightly miss having something so elusive and meticulously expertly crafted to be waiting for?

There is a slight excitement to it, although I'm very ready to have it already lol.
Have you heard anything? I was just today reading talk of another batch of Toads going out and wondering if we were any closer to getting batch 2.

Stonedbadger

Have you heard anything? I was just today reading talk of another batch of Toads going out and wondering if we were any closer to getting batch 2.

I think we should all receive medals for being soooo patient!!

Duba

Accessory Maker
To be honest, even though it's a piece of art, since I've had this Nomad55, I've been a little frustrated by the extraction and airflow, which I found far too airy for my taste, especially to take full advantage of the oven. I first made a leather reducer but wasn't really satisfied.

So I sent my Nomad to my friend @Kalu (not without fear of losing it along the way:)), who made me a little wooden airflow reducer, perfect for my preferences. I love Dan's work.
IMG-20240601-093113.jpg
IMG-20240601-093125.jpg

fangorn

@Duba
it looks like coal Okin... I love it 😁

I'm obviously less frustrated than you by the air flow, but I'm really tempted to ask for similar parts... which I will finish the adjustment myself...

I sent @Kalu my Okin crown recently, but I won't be able to send him one of my other Dan devices?!!!
you are crazy 🙃 👏 😁

edit 2: Kalu won't make any more.. (he purposely didn't keep the measurements!! 😅👍)

High Artisan has created a Toad section...
(edit: good vibes boro too!! what an exciting time for me!!)
that's excellent news !!!
the two custom stems I ordered from him are my favorite options...
I just ordered a third one that was in his catalog... I don't know the color.... but both were magnificent so.... surprise!
I'm really not a fan of glass but I'm starting to have an interesting collection of stems for my Dan devices 😁

Happy weekend everyone!

Last edited:

jbm

So yet another month has gone by and radio silence on batch 2. And the people on the Toad thread are starting to sound like the Nomad thread. I’m starting to think we’re never going to see batch 2.

jbm,
Reactions: sedentree

fangorn

So yet another month has gone by and radio silence on batch 2. And the people on the Toad thread are starting to sound like the Nomad thread. I’m starting to think we’re never going to see batch 2.

hey,

out of curiosity I looked at the last pages of the toad thread... until the end of 2023.
I only saw one person talking about a 2.5 year wait, and the recurring joke about the skeleton waiting.

I suspect that the wait is terrible, but I think Dan is doing everything to make the situation
of Nomad does not reproduce. I think he is the first to be frustrated by this situation.

Now, when you sign up for the Toad List, you only pay when your unit is almost ready and there are still finishes and add-ons remaining. so you pay, then you get your unit 6 or 7 months later....
I think that for the Nomad, some have paid for 4 years...

I understand that you are waiting, that it is difficult. I am rather in a bad position to speak, and I hesitated to remain silent...
But...
In my opinion the situation is therefore very different, and this is not a very fair statement for Dan.

I wish Dan, and all of you waiting as short as possible!

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Agreed. I also think Dan was a little in over his head with this. He charged too little for the involved process that goes into each vape, but it does seem like he's doing his best to get through them. Not saying you should be grateful, but if he does continue taking Nomad II orders, I can see the price doubling or tripling. He's a one man show, he does the machining, the wood working, the art, the sourcing, all on his own. Not to mention the stress and depression that can happen to solo artists that makes it difficult to get through a long backlog. He has mentioned his thoughts on it before, but he's not terminally online. I think I'd prefer him working than being mentally preoccupied with posting on here.

The nomad is such a unique device, nearly one of a kind art. He puts custom touches into each of his works. I do understand your impatience, but I guess as long as I have other vapes, I don't kind waiting.

rnartian,
Reactions: sedentree

jbm

I made the final payment on my batch 2 Nomad over 4 years ago. What I do agree with is that you are in no position to comment on this. As for Dan not being terminally online, having priced them too low,’whatever. Fine. Ask for more money. Or push out more updates. I’ve sent unanswered emails. Seeing a steady flow of Toads while we wait with no notice is not cool, one man shop aside.

Last edited:

seriousTone

I hear ya, I'm keeping my hopes up we get them this summer...they were suppose to be done in Feb after all; they have to be pretty goddamn close...

Makes me wonder if Dan has a day job as well to make ends meet. I hope he doesn't, but it would make more sense why they take so long.

Top Bottom