The HI

JBone65

I've enjoyed the Bamboo HI for over a year. It's working better than ever, the learning curve seems to continue over time in terms of efficiency and enjoyment . Can't remember the last time I started a fire with it, and the hit quality is however intense I wan t it to be. I appreciate the finer benefits of portable devices, but every weed-head needs a (simple reliable, inexpensive) HI IMO.

JBone65

Anyone know how to get more small pre-shaped screens for the 3/8" SS tube?

The original two screens lasted more than a year, thanks to frequent ISO soaks, but they're not looking good. Thanks.

JBone65,

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Anyone know how to get more small pre-shaped screens for the 3/8" SS tube?

The original two screens lasted more than a year, thanks to frequent ISO soaks, but they're not looking good. Thanks.
If you’re handy and so inclined to try:

or

JBone65

Thanks. Im from the really old school. Does Alan have an email address?

I also have a side question. Twice recently I've found my heater has shut off unexpectedly, and it took me a few minutes to get it going again. Not sure but it could be the heater jack. What tends to wear out first? Can something come loose inside? Thanks.

Last edited:

SpudBob

Thanks. Im from the really old school. Does Alan have an email address?

I also have a side question. Twice recently I've found my heater has shut off unexpectedly, and it took me a few minutes to get it going again. Not sure but it could be the heater jack. What tends to wear out first? Can something come loose inside? Thanks.
http://www.toasty-top.com
The pin connector on the power source/VVPS, i think that's the vernacular, is the most likely culprit. I had to replace/splice a new connector onto the VVPS because the very small wires had broken. Not a big deal. You can get new connectors off Amazon or at a Radio Shack if they are still a thing! You need to be careful with the power supply' wirings as they are NOT very stout. IF you have an ordinary 12V power source you can replace the whole unit too. You may even have a spare, from some other device, laying arround- i probably have 5-6 from previous devices that will work IF they have the right 2.1, IIRC, pin.

My square HI, by the way ,is STILL my goto every day!!! I have a number of other units but the 7/16th's HI is the ONE!!!

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I am about to join the club. I ordered a square bottom HI with voltage regulator. This will be my first log.

Tbh i dont usually do plugins. I am not allowed to vape inside. However i do have a porch out the back with power, and a DC extension cable. Should work.

I also hope with the voltage regulator to use a powerbank. I got an Anker Nano, PD powerbank thats capable of 30w. Could be fun sitting in the park with my log.

Its always fun ordering from Alan, it really feels like a customized experience. When the package arrives you never 100% know what everything is going to look like, and what extras will be supplied. All part of the fun! A customized vape care package.

JBone65

I am about to join the club. I ordered a square bottom HI with voltage regulator. This will be my first log.

Tbh i dont usually do plugins. I am not allowed to vape inside. However i do have a porch out the back with power, and a DC extension cable. Should work.

I also hope with the voltage regulator to use a powerbank. I got an Anker Nano, PD powerbank thats capable of 30w. Could be fun sitting in the park with my log.

Its always fun ordering from Alan, it really feels like a customized experience. When the package arrives you never 100% know what everything is going to look like, and what extras will be supplied. All part of the fun! A customized vape care package.
Good luck with it. They are a little frustrating at first. You have to use it just right but it'll hit hard when you figure it out. Two years later, I accidentally ignite roughly one out of every 30-40 hits. I learned to suck air very slowly, to heat the sample gradually and minimize risk of ignition, and thus optimizing hit quality.

It took me a while to figure out that I was trying to load too much into the little tube (3/8" ss tube) such that the herb couldn't easily be vaporized in one go, and this was also more likely to igniter, and it made me cough if it didn't ignite. Just a half a chamber of finely ground herb works best. Insert the tube into the heater only a mm or two initially and pull slowly to avoid ignition, and you'll be rewarded with a dense cloud.

Last edited:

SpudBob

This was another reason i got the vaphit x. Hopefully will make a good stem for my 7/16 HI.
Good luck with it. They are a little frustrating at first. You have to use it just right but it'll hit hard when you figure it out. Two years later, I accidentally ignite roughly one out of every 30-40 hits. I learned to suck air very slowly, to heat the sample gradually and minimize risk of ignition, and thus optimizing hit quality.

It took me a while to figure out that I was trying to load too much into the little tube (3/8" ss tube) such that the herb couldn't easily be vaporized in one go, and this was also more likely to igniter, and it made me cough if it didn't ignite. Just a half a chamber of finely ground herb works best. Insert the tube into the heater only a mm or two initially and pull slowly to avoid ignition, and you'll be rewarded with a dense cloud.
To me its the most user intuitive device out there. I keep my voltage at about 11.8 and never combust. Now IF you turn it up to 12.5 it is possible but even then its just very, very dark brown. I like to keep mine tobacco brown to save some THC for edibles. I dont think you will be disapointed, at all, with the vape oddjobold!

darkstar72

Welcome to the log club. Very easy to use. I suggest getting a wpa adapter from Alan and a dimpled glass hook from dhgate (china). Dry hits with the cooling from a jhook is my preference.

Top Bottom