Discontinued The 8 Herb Vaporizer for the Persei

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Thank you for not compromising the product to meet some arbitrary number, nice as low price is. Given the cost of the herbs I'm going to run through it having it right is so very much more important to me. Tell me it's going to cost me $500 and we need to talk some more before I will buy in, but if that's the cost of it, that's the cost. I don't doubt for a minute guys who buy Volcanoes think the product worthy of it's price.

Thanks again for doing what you do the way you do. It works. It's exactly this attitude that gave us the robust Omicron cart we are now pushing to exciting performance levels.....you clearly know what you're doing. Please keep it up?

"If you build it....".

OF

I doubt it will be at the $500 doing more and more of the calculations on price, it looks like FC getting another big discount because you guys made it happen.

Yes if you build it they will come.

As long as you dont charge admission fees, and $25 bucks for a hot dog.

OF now we are debating if we should offer boiling capability, and this will even raise the price further.

OF

OF now we are debating if we should offer boiling capability, and this will even raise the price further.

A tough call for sure, and a departure for you. Normally, 'stick to the knitting' is good advice but in this case perhaps you should consider the number of users locked into Vapor Genie and TV products for this very reason? While I find it a very nice feature to be able to make it 'as clean as the day it was born' for taste issues some see it as a way of staying out of jail.....

For myself, I'm sure to like it in most any event. All I have to do is wait to find out the details.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
A tough call for sure, and a departure for you. Normally, 'stick to the knitting' is good advice but in this case perhaps you should consider the number of users locked into Vapor Genie and TV products for this very reason? While I find it a very nice feature to be able to make it 'as clean as the day it was born' for taste issues some see it as a way of staying out of jail.....

For myself, I'm sure to like it in most any event. All I have to do is wait to find out the details.

OF

We are thinking about alcohol bath, and boiling but we shall see.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Understood. And while it's nice to have, you get to decide how nice in dollars and cents that will seem to your perspective customers. FWIW, my guess is the routine cost will be more than most will bear? Modern life is forcing folks to become more and more cost conscious.....vapes are not an exception it seems.

Besides which, you're not planning on boiling the electronics, right? Doesn't this mean several extra connections between parts then? That can't help matters.....

OF

OF,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
so the lcd top is part of the 8? not an attachment? we will need two tops for the persei then?

Bob Loblaw,

JoeKickass

I think real world experience and repeated prototyping is the only thing that is going to answer the design questions... for example, you might find the 8 doesn't build up much abv taste at all like the herbalaire, i've never cleaned mine even once lol. And in that case we could afford to have the 8 be as cheap as possible because you could just blow the fine particles out of it and continue on.

But if you find after several months that the device does seem to be increasing in abv taste, then I do think some method of cleaning will, unfortunately, be required. Again, I think only what is necessary. Boiling is impressive but is it really needed? All the glass guys get along fine with alcohol...

But again, I think the last word on all this is going to be simple real world observation of just how dirty it gets. The more you use it, the more it can teach you.

OF

so the lcd top is part of the 8? not an attachment? we will need two tops for the persei then?

Yes, that's how I understand it. Different electronics than the Persei uses for carts. You need a battery body and 8 top to run herb, and/or one or both of the Persei tops to run one or two carts. 3 total for the full set. For now.......

OF

OF,
Yes, that's how I understand it. Different electronics than the Persei uses for carts. You need a battery body and 8 top to run herb, and/or one or both of the Persei tops to run one or two carts. 3 total for the full set. For now.......

OF
Plus the actual VV LCD top, for carts... Well have four tops all said and done...I think??

havealight101,

JoeKickass

Plus the actual VV LCD top, for carts... Well have four tops all said and done...I think??

Yeah that's right the 8 and lcd top are two different things, the 8 includes the bottom digital part and the top herb part. The lcd top is a digital bottom with our 610 ecig connector on top:
Guys the Persei will have the 8 chamber, the lcd top, the double top, maybe lcd double top, pass through, the hammer, and other things we might do.

The Omicron v2 will get the herb cart, pass through, the hammer, and some other things i can think of later if we can.

The Centauri will get the herb cart only for home use with pass through system. The pass through system, and the hammer only with the pass through system.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut

OF
don't mind droppin' over a bill for herb chamber. sucks that i'll need to get two lcd tops (8 and for carts), maybe 3, as i'm sure that is eating into the cost. between two new lcd tops, my two old tops and a possible dual lcd top.... i'll have 5, lol
edit - am guessing that's why it's being called the herb chamber, not herb cart.
edit2 - also no that i think about it, for smaller loads i can use the universe w/ high resistance for my persei for flowers if i don't want to deal w/ multiple tops. i guess that works too. (not that i personally won't end up getting them all anyway)

Bob Loblaw,

OF

don't mind droppin' over a bill for herb chamber. sucks that i'll need to get two lcd tops (8 and for carts), maybe 3, as i'm sure that is eating into the cost. between two new lcd tops, my two old tops and a possible dual lcd top.... i'll have 5, lol
edit - am guessing that's why it's being called the herb chamber, not herb cart.
edit2 - also no that i think about it, for smaller loads i can use the universe w/ high resistance for my persei for flowers if i don't want to deal w/ multiple tops. i guess that works too. (not that i personally won't end up getting them all anyway)

I think part of the understanding is the herb cart and LCD cart are radically new types of products for THC to be getting into. The herb cart is 'closed loop', that is you set a temperature (called a 'Process Variable' in the trade) target then drive the heater to meet it. It measures ('looks at') the resulting temperature and corrects ('feeds back' or closes the loop). This means a temperature sensor and electronics to read it and power control circuits more complex than 'full on or full off' like before. The LCD tops introduce variable voltage, for the first time. A somewhat similar scheme that has different issues in addition to needing a display and other details. Something for everyone....or maybe several versions....

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
gotcha, as a non-engineer, non-electrician, why not make one version (which ever seems more effective). from an end result perspective more or less volts = more or less heat. one top is focused on one while the other top is focused on the other, but they are basically both doing the same thing, right? seriously curious
-ps and heavily 4 ohmed out this morn ;) ohmmmed, lol

don't get me wrong, am glad they are trying to do vv the right way (high power down, not lower power up), just really curious, thanks for explaining the concepts. i do appreciate

Bob Loblaw,

Dj Bass

I hate to sound like Mr. Burns over here but I think we all agree price is not an object when it comes to building the best herb chanber, and the best omicron universe, that can possibly be built.

OF

gotcha, as a non-engineer, non-electrician, why not make one version (which ever seems more effective). from an end result perspective more or less volts = more or less heat. one top is focused on one while the other top is focused on the other, but they are basically both doing the same thing, right? seriously curious
-ps and heavily 4 ohmed out this morn ;) ohmmmed, lol

don't get me wrong, am glad they are trying to do vv the right way (high power down, not lower power up), just really curious, thanks for explaining the concepts. i do appreciate

You're welcome, I hope it helped? It's a bit like Honda Motors, I guess. They make lots of cars with lots of common parts. But they also make trucks..... All use sparkplugs. Fun stuff, really, to those of us interested in such trivia. IMO the rules of the bigger game call for this (very traditional) approach to a 'product line'. Just fun to see it happen to vapes rather than some of the otherwise useless gear I used to sweat over and swear at.....

OF

OF,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
dudes, not complaining, just trying to see the logic.
but i think you may have skipped over my point or i didn't get your response.
if the more complex system (as i understand it), the 8 controls temp, which is the point of vv
(or am i wrong) then why the need for two systems? they end result is the same?
seriously not bitching, once again just asking questions. i've personally dropped over a grand easy
on thc's product line so you can't call me cheap ;)

Bob Loblaw,

jlesiki

Hey guys...new to the forum, and I've been watching this thread and a few others researching to find the best portable vape. I ended up splitting the omicron double kit with a friend. I'm absolutely loving this thing and can't wait to upgrade to the persei 8...I really miss my flowers.

The only problem I have found with my omicron is the charger feels very cheaply made. I had a bad feeling about that charger the second I felt it in my hand, and now it is broken, my friend is out of town, and I have no way to charge it. If I had a soldering iron, It'd be a pretty easy fix, but I really don't feel like going through that much trouble.

Im thinking about going ahead and ordering the persei since I intend to Upgrade as soon as the 8 comes out...I'm a little bummed out that i just bought my omi have a full cart and no charger. I read somewhere that there is some sort of FC discount, and I was wondering if that applies to the persei?

jlesiki,

Adobewan

@Jlesiki
No worries, go to Delta9vapes.com and "G" with set you up with a new charger. He can probably tell you the discount code as well. THey're good peeps over there.

Adobewan,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Ok where do i start.

The 8 Herb chamber will be made from all Medical grade, very high grade material, will be cleanable as in boiling in water the herb chamber part not the LCD screen. and will last a very very long time, it will have a 1 year warranty, and if it does break after that we will do a maintenance service on it for every time it breaks. So you dont have to keep re buying them.

Now our question on this is the cost, with all the options and capabilities it does cost a arm and a leg to get it made, this thing will end up costing around $199 price is still not confirmed.

For FC we are going to do a massive code for 1 week only and thats 1 week. Sorry guys we cant do it longer then a week.

There where talks about the price being around $100 although we cant meet this price and still produce a quality part, but we are damn close.

$129 for FC for one week when we release it.

Once again I am sorry for the confusion, I set out to build the best and i guess we achieved it, but it came with a price tag that i did not like.

Also we will give 10 free herb chambers to FC members for testing once it goes into production and we will wait for the feedback. The Fc members will be chosen by me I will contact them personally and ask if they want to test. Please do not contact me asking to be a tester as this will kill your chances of getting it.

wb21

:spliff: I'm getting excited as hell for this thing! the anxiety of waiting is killer lol

wb21,

Pandora Haze

Vapor Chica
@ THC SCIENTIFIC

Thanks so much for the huge discount. The Persei has changed the way I medicate and I look forward to all the new add-ons including the 8. The name also appeals to the inner geek in me (Futurama:love:). Will the 8 come with a carrying case or box?

Cheers

Pandora Haze,
THC, you seem like a no-bs kind of guy, someone who would tell it straight rather than bending the truth just to make a sale. My question is this: Would you recommend someone jump into the persei arena for the 8 if herb is his primary vaping substance? I have never had a concentrate, wouldn't even know how to make a concentrate and can't buy it around here. However, I do plan to try my hand at some iso hash sometime in the next year or so. But herb is where it's at for me, and I am considering the persei with the 8 for portable purposes. Should I be?

TheDudeNextDoor,

wb21

THC, you seem like a no-bs kind of guy, someone who would tell it straight rather than bending the truth just to make a sale. My question is this: Would you recommend someone jump into the persei arena for the 8 if herb is his primary vaping substance? I have never had a concentrate, wouldn't even know how to make a concentrate and can't buy it around here. However, I do plan to try my hand at some iso hash sometime in the next year or so. But herb is where it's at for me, and I am considering the persei with the 8 for portable purposes. Should I be?
i had never used a concentrate before either but i bought the persei anticipating the herb chamber but man has the persei been amazing totally worth it imo

wb21,

ilovedoobies!

Ok where do i start.

The 8 Herb chamber will be made from all Medical grade, very high grade material, will be cleanable as in boiling in water the herb chamber part not the LCD screen. and will last a very very long time, it will have a 1 year warranty, and if it does break after that we will do a maintenance service on it for every time it breaks. So you dont have to keep re buying them.

Now our question on this is the cost, with all the options and capabilities it does cost a arm and a leg to get it made, this thing will end up costing around $199 price is still not confirmed.

For FC we are going to do a massive code for 1 week only and thats 1 week. Sorry guys we cant do it longer then a week.

There where talks about the price being around $100 although we cant meet this price and still produce a quality part, but we are damn close.

$129 for FC for one week when we release it.

Once again I am sorry for the confusion, I set out to build the best and i guess we achieved it, but it came with a price tag that i did not like.

Also we will give 10 free herb chambers to FC members for testing once it goes into production and we will wait for the feedback. The Fc members will be chosen by me I will contact them personally and ask if they want to test. Please do not contact me asking to be a tester as this will kill your chances of getting it.
HELLZ YEAH 129.00 IS NOTHING :rockon: IM ALL IN

ilovedoobies!,

RaK427

Is that pricing just for the attachment for the Persei or for an entire 8 kit?

RaK427,
Top Bottom