SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey all, I want to say thanks for the support! I also want to say thanks for all the early adopters, and if there is anything that is not right, we have worked through it, so get a hold of us. Ideas and reality do not always mesh.
BUT, as SSV fans please come vote in our Power of Flower experience. It is a dream to get to work with all these blowers who helped out in this!

I've just dusted off the SSV (spherical wand) to have a go and see if I fancy getting the ball upgrade.

It made me realise why I popped it at the back of the cupboard a few years ago... The spherical wand is a pain to clean. After a load, I blow the spent herb out and then spend ages trying to pick all the leftover crumbs out from around the screen with that long pin thingy.

Are the newer spherical wands wider in diameter than the older ones???

I think the screen size on this one is blue. 15.8mm.???
Hi, we have a larger one now and it takes the same screen. Usually, it is pretty simple, just stir and blow into something like a duff jar. 95% or more should come out. Over time more and more does stick.

Hey everyone, question for you.

As I've stated before I used to have a SSV. I got it thanks to this forum but I didn't really read much of the thread. Thus I'm rereading it now that I've decided on a baller mod ssv for my desktop.

My question is, does the wand make a difference in performance? By which I mean, with the baller edition, is the now standard spherical glass want, or the og style better? I'm looking to use this as a heavy hotter every now and again, and I want to be as efficient as I can within what the baller ssv can do. Thanks everyone
The new spherical flavor disc wand is about 2 x larger for the bowl. I like it, more herbs in the bowl. Unfortunately we do not make a heater cover for the OG wand. BUT, usually, the flare is good, and it does seem to work with the spherical heater cover. Only if it is round on the outside.

GreenDragon

I've just dusted off the SSV (spherical wand) to have a go and see if I fancy getting the ball upgrade.

It made me realise why I popped it at the back of the cupboard a few years ago... The spherical wand is a pain to clean. After a load, I blow the spent herb out and then spend ages trying to pick all the leftover crumbs out from around the screen with that long pin thingy.

Are the newer spherical wands wider in diameter than the older ones???

I think the screen size on this one is blue. 15.8mm.???
Sorry this is two weeks late.
I have found after 14 years of SSV daily driver use that NOT blowing the ABV/duff out of the wand keeps the screen clean a very long time.
I have the original “standard” wand, but screen maintenance should be the same.
After dumping ABV, I use a 1/4 inch flat brush to clear the screen (heater side only, not whip side).
Hold wand open end down, give screen a swirl or two with the brush vertical up into wand. Pick last crumbs off with pick tool.
Give the empty wand a couple hard fast draws on the running heater cover. The heat and hard draw keep the porous coating on the back of the screen open and no draw restriction.
The back side of the screen will become covered with a thin fuzzy stalactite (stalagmite?) like coating.
Blowing out the wand will force that porous coating into the screen…..plugging it.
Never blow out the wand and the fuzzy buildup on the back of the screen stays porous and does not restrict draw.
I only clean my wand/screen when I change the whip. I only change the whip when I can’t look at it anymore. Approximately every 8 oz. . Over time, as the back side of the screen sheds fuzzy stalactites, most adhere to the wand honey coating inside the wand and whip. Ugly, but almost no Scooby snacks.
My 14 year old wand still has the original screen. Shiny and new looking. Never been removed from wand. Screen stays in for iso/baggy in hot water clean.

Last edited:

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Sorry this is two weeks late.
I have found after 14 years of SSV daily driver use that NOT blowing the ABV/duff out of the wand keeps the screen clean a very long time.
I have the original “standard” wand, but screen maintenance should be the same.
After dumping ABV, I use a 1/4 inch flat brush to clear the screen (heater side only, not whip side).
Hold wand open end down, give screen a swirl or two with the brush vertical up into wand. Pick last crumbs off with pick tool.
Give the empty wand a couple hard fast draws on the running heater cover. The heat and hard draw keep the porous coating on the back of the screen open and no draw restriction.
The back side of the screen will become covered with a thin fuzzy stalactite (stalagmite?) like coating.
Blowing out the wand will force that porous coating into the screen…..plugging it.
Never blow out the wand and the fuzzy buildup on the back of the screen stays porous and does not restrict draw.
I only clean my wand/screen when I change the whip. I only change the whip when I can’t look at it anymore. Approximately every 8 oz. . Over time, as the back side of the screen sheds fuzzy stalactites, most adhere to the wand honey coating inside the wand and whip. Ugly, but almost no Scooby snacks.
My 14 year old wand still has the original screen. Shiny and new looking. Never been removed from wand. Screen stays in for iso/baggy in hot water clean.
Sounds like you got this dialed in! Thanks a lot for your support and also for letting others know a great way to clean it. If you are free please take some time to vote in our Power of Flower. One lucky winner will win a prize worth up to $2500.

Marcus

Hi, we have a larger one now and it takes the same screen. Usually, it is pretty simple, just stir and blow into something like a duff jar. 95% or more should come out. Over time more and more does stick.

Hi SSV Steve,

So the new spherical ones are larger? That's good to know.

Here's a pic of my conundrum...

source

Position 1 is where the original screen was, it was a flat screen domed over on the end of the hat pin. It's a bugger to get in and out and an absolute pain to keep clean.

However, after posting last time I had a think and I can get a flat screen of the same size to sit in position 2 (there's one in there now) but I can't have the SSV on more than just turned on or it's too hot and just scorches the herb.

I'm UK power 240v, and both my SSV and LSV can't be run at more than the minimum setting or they're too hot. Is this because of the voltage we run here?

So I was pondering the ball upgrade, but unless I can get the herb far enough away from the heater or a heater that doesn't run so hot, then I don;t think it would suit my needs. If the newer wands are wider all the way down to position 1 where I could sit a flat screen, it would sort my issues out.

The domed screen I had to remove every morning for cleaning as it was just gunked up, and it was such a fiddle to get in and out. The flat screen is and does stay cleaner and only needs an iso rinse once a week judging by my useage this last week.

Maybe I should pick up a spherical flavour disc wand then???

If any of that makes sense. :lol:

Thanks dude !

Marcus,
Reactions: seedy53

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi SSV Steve,

So the new spherical ones are larger? That's good to know.

Here's a pic of my conundrum...

source

Position 1 is where the original screen was, it was a flat screen domed over on the end of the hat pin. It's a bugger to get in and out and an absolute pain to keep clean.

However, after posting last time I had a think and I can get a flat screen of the same size to sit in position 2 (there's one in there now) but I can't have the SSV on more than just turned on or it's too hot and just scorches the herb.

I'm UK power 240v, and both my SSV and LSV can't be run at more than the minimum setting or they're too hot. Is this because of the voltage we run here?

So I was pondering the ball upgrade, but unless I can get the herb far enough away from the heater or a heater that doesn't run so hot, then I don;t think it would suit my needs. If the newer wands are wider all the way down to position 1 where I could sit a flat screen, it would sort my issues out.

The domed screen I had to remove every morning for cleaning as it was just gunked up, and it was such a fiddle to get in and out. The flat screen is and does stay cleaner and only needs an iso rinse once a week judging by my useage this last week.

Maybe I should pick up a spherical flavour disc wand then???

If any of that makes sense. :lol:

Thanks dude !
Yes, the spherical flavor disc wand is larger, it is actually a 19mm female joint inside. #1 would be the original screen spot, the other part is what happens by the weld. These are all hand done. #2 is right before the weld shrink. I never want to push an item on someone, if it ain't broke. But I do lover the larger bowl on the new wand. Thank you!

Marcus

Yes, the spherical flavor disc wand is larger, it is actually a 19mm female joint inside. #1 would be the original screen spot, the other part is what happens by the weld. These are all hand done. #2 is right before the weld shrink. I never want to push an item on someone, if it ain't broke. But I do lover the larger bowl on the new wand. Thank you!

Thanks dude!

I've always thought the SSV would be good for me with a wider bowl, so I think I'll have a mooch at the UK sellers and see what's about.

:tup:

Marcus,

Marcus

Well, here we are...

source

I've been using the SSV loads since realising the screens were sitting better in the wand further forwards, so I've punted for a baller set up and shall have a play with it later!

:rockon:

I shall report back with my not very scientific findings. :sherlock::rofl:

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Well, here we are...

source

I've been using the SSV loads since realising the screens were sitting better in the wand further forwards, so I've punted for a baller set up and shall have a play with it later!

:rockon:

I shall report back with my not very scientific findings. :sherlock::rofl:
Thanks for the support! Also, if you have not voted in the Power of Flower experience please do!

Marcus

Thanks for the support! Also, if you have not voted in the Power of Flower experience please do!

Cheers Steve! Just voted too.

The ball upgrade... if you're thinking about pulling the trigger... Just do it!

Ah man, that and the spherical flavour disc wand are a match made in heaven.

In all honesty after a few bowls, I think this could shelve my flowerpot and it's balls.

Right, I gotta get back to this cat pissy floral Peyote Critical. :sherlock::love::rockon:

I may even grab a flavour disc for this too and try some bubble hash in there. I think it may just work like a charm.

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Cheers Steve! Just voted too.

The ball upgrade... if you're thinking about pulling the trigger... Just do it!

Ah man, that and the spherical flavour disc wand are a match made in heaven.

In all honesty after a few bowls, I think this could shelve my flowerpot and it's balls.

Right, I gotta get back to this cat pissy floral Peyote Critical. :sherlock::love::rockon:

I may even grab a flavour disc for this too and try some bubble hash in there. I think it may just work like a charm.
Hell ya! Have you just mixed in some concentrates with your herbs? It is my favorite way, super clean too. Thanks so much for investing in Elev8!

Last edited by a moderator:

seedy53

Hell ya! Have you just mixed in some concentrates with your herbs? It is my favorite way, super clean too. Thanks so much for investing in Elev8!
you guys are a great company and if i ever change from my vb 1.5 box ball'er, it would be for the super silver surfer baller version. you guys and Linus, over a vaporbrothers, have the best products and are the nicest companies around. all that experience you guys have, is amazing.. i hope to own your sssv one day so i can compare the difference.

Hi guys , i got the baller kit several weeks ago ,
when i bought it i got a diamond cap along with it which fitted good on the heater cover ..
i then bought a custom cap which didnt fit my heater cover that came with the kit ?
elev8 were quick to fix it by sending me a new cap and heater cover which was checked and fitted ..all good
however the new custom cap didnt fit my heater cover that i got with the kit either ??
wasnt bothered as had it all working and fitting
my new heater cover that elev8 made to go with the replacement cap has since broke at the air slits with balls falling out and glass fragments
all over them ,this was since adjusting it cold , just as well it wasnt hot ,
anyway since ive hovered the mess but my new custom cap doesnt fit my other / heater cover that came with the kit ??
i was told just to order an other kit when i could afford to ,
but how do i know it will fit or not ,?
the kit i did buy here in the uk the heater cover fits the diamond cap / the original cap but not my custom one
if i order an other surly it will be the same as the cover i have and not fit ,
the baller cover that shattered was custom made along with /to fit my custom cap but it doesnt fit other or normal size baller covers
kinda lost what to do to be able to buy a new kit that will fit this cap without anymore hassel
other than the balller kit its been a stressful upgrade that wish id done different
anyway
id need the full kit again as wouldnt risk the rubies in mine with glass on them but how do i get one i can use with this cap
think i should have bought a new super when i started upgrading ,
think its 12 year old so i could have made excuses for buying a new one ,
might still happen if trade in if wasnt for being in the uk
thanks
G

Vapor-catzG,

Airborne420

Company Rep
Hi guys , i got the baller kit several weeks ago ,
when i bought it i got a diamond cap along with it which fitted good on the heater cover ..
i then bought a custom cap which didnt fit my heater cover that came with the kit ?
elev8 were quick to fix it by sending me a new cap and heater cover which was checked and fitted ..all good
however the new custom cap didnt fit my heater cover that i got with the kit either ??
wasnt bothered as had it all working and fitting
my new heater cover that elev8 made to go with the replacement cap has since broke at the air slits with balls falling out and glass fragments
all over them ,this was since adjusting it cold , just as well it wasnt hot ,
anyway since ive hovered the mess but my new custom cap doesnt fit my other / heater cover that came with the kit ??
i was told just to order an other kit when i could afford to ,
but how do i know it will fit or not ,?
the kit i did buy here in the uk the heater cover fits the diamond cap / the original cap but not my custom one
if i order an other surly it will be the same as the cover i have and not fit ,
the baller cover that shattered was custom made along with /to fit my custom cap but it doesnt fit other or normal size baller covers
kinda lost what to do to be able to buy a new kit that will fit this cap without anymore hassel
other than the balller kit its been a stressful upgrade that wish id done different
anyway
id need the full kit again as wouldnt risk the rubies in mine with glass on them but how do i get one i can use with this cap
think i should have bought a new super when i started upgrading ,
think its 12 year old so i could have made excuses for buying a new one ,
might still happen if trade in if wasnt for being in the uk
thanks
G
Hi there thank you for the support. I would like to clarify something. You do not need a new kit, only a heater cover. If you need the rubies too then a kit is needed. You would file a claim to get a replacement heater cover if it broke within 10 days. The newest cap you received was sent with the newest heater cover. You were one of the first with the new baller kit and we appreciate you being a tester. Your cap is going to fit on any cover you get from this point. Thank you for being an early adopter of the Ball upgrade.

Last edited:

Marcus

Well, I've had a whole week of running the ball heater cover and larger spherical wand. And it's a big thumbs up from me . :tup:

I put about 0.2g in the wand, sometimes more, sometimes less... I take a hard draw for 10 seconds, exhale, then clear the bubbler and wand on the next inhale. 2 big fat rips and I can do that 3 times and it's flavour all the way until the herb's spent. (well, spent for me, there may be more to get out of it but I'm good thanks!)

I've dug out my flowerpot box to get that packed up and popped on fleabay... that's how much I like this.

:sherlock:

My SSV was tucked away in the cupboard for a long time ( my LSV took over it's duties and then the flowerpot ), this new heater cover and balls has completely changed the device into a beast and I likey!

Even my doggy is happy...

source

Hi there thank you for the support. I would like to clarify something. You do not need a new kit, only a heater cover. If you need the rubies too then a kit is needed. You would file a claim to get a replacement heater cover if it broke within 10 days. The newest cap you received was sent with the newest heater cover. You were one of the first with the new baller kit and we appreciate you being a tester. Your cap is going to fit on any cover yous an still get from this point. Thank you for being an early adopter of the Ball upgrade.
hi i guess you work foe elev8
just spoke to the uk retailer and he knows nothing of new stock or change and still only has old stock so his wont fit my custom cap ,,,they will however fit my other custom diamond cap ?? But i still have this heater cover

its over 10 days /maybe 3 weeks

so my diamond cap now wont fit your saying new ones are bigger at the insert ?
so what about older caps and the diamond one i bought ,
they wont fit the new cover and the new caps won’t fit the older cover s
older caps wont fit new covers , ??
so i now have one custom cap that only fits latest cover?
and an othe custom cap that only fits a differnt heater cover ,the first/older one
who thought this one up ?
i wasnt a tester?
bought it ?tester lol
spent hundreds on custom wands and glass too how vas makes us daft
anyway again where now do i get a heater cover that fits 2 custom caps ,
ive got my baller heater cover that igot in the kit but it only fits the diamond cap ,
i felt using the kit felt more like a glogged screen
i guess thats why the side air slit was increased i figure creating weakness ?
had my SSV since they came out and never broke glass until now
like many brought it out the cupboard and pimped it up in high hopes but when ive been picking shards of glass out my fingers for days
wish id left it there ,
to sum up id say my SSV or i prefer it without this kit
normal SSV like a dynavap with normal cap
baller kit added more liked armored cap
anyway if its true the heater covers are different sized theres a lot of people like me bought early caps and custom caps that will have same problems if it breaks ,
which bigger air vents iam guessing there will be more
it was hardly used as been unwell ,
just think the hole size in them all should be made to fit all caps
anyway ive boxed it up and back in the cupboard
theres a reason we put things away and stop using them
wish i listen to my brain ,lo
anyway ,
thanks G

Vapor-catzG,

seedy53

hi i guess you work foe elev8
just spoke to the uk retailer and he knows nothing of new stock or change and still only has old stock so his wont fit my custom cap ,,,they will however fit my other custom diamond cap ?? But i still have this heater cover

its over 10 days /maybe 3 weeks

so my diamond cap now wont fit your saying new ones are bigger at the insert ?
so what about older caps and the diamond one i bought ,
they wont fit the new cover and the new caps won’t fit the older cover s
older caps wont fit new covers , ??
so i now have one custom cap that only fits latest cover?
and an othe custom cap that only fits a differnt heater cover ,the first/older one
who thought this one up ?
i wasnt a tester?
bought it ?tester lol
spent hundreds on custom wands and glass too how vas makes us daft
anyway again where now do i get a heater cover that fits 2 custom caps ,
ive got my baller heater cover that igot in the kit but it only fits the diamond cap ,
i felt using the kit felt more like a glogged screen
i guess thats why the side air slit was increased i figure creating weakness ?
had my SSV since they came out and never broke glass until now
like many brought it out the cupboard and pimped it up in high hopes but when ive been picking shards of glass out my fingers for days
wish id left it there ,
to sum up id say my SSV or i prefer it without this kit
normal SSV like a dynavap with normal cap
baller kit added more liked armored cap
anyway if its true the heater covers are different sized theres a lot of people like me bought early caps and custom caps that will have same problems if it breaks ,
which bigger air vents iam guessing there will be more
it was hardly used as been unwell ,
just think the hole size in them all should be made to fit all caps
anyway ive boxed it up and back in the cupboard
theres a reason we put things away and stop using them
wish i listen to my brain ,lo
anyway ,
thanks G
looks like some love the baller mod and others find it to hard to install

seedy53,
looks like some love the baller mod and others find it to hard to install
Hi,no wasnt hard to install ,and didn’t dislike it ,just restricted the air flow plus you cant use any bigger balls to help,
thinks that’s why the bigger air vents on the sides ,which is where it broke ,it was good ‘differnt and working before the new cover broke while adjusting the glass for the hands free kit
think geting bit of very small sharp glass everywhere and in my bed HASNT help how I think about it ,
Ive decided to get it fitting or a heater cover to fit both caps ill fil the cap to size ,
might take a while without correct tools i.e a nail file but x spraypainter iam used to shaping and finishing
can help myself with my wooden vapes they are all like a glass finish
anyway just started it ,worth a try at least hopfully it will be back working
G

Vapor-catzG,

Steal Yer Faceoff

For STEVE at Elev8;
Just pulled my OG SSV out of storage.
The set up is the original stock wand and glass thingy over the ceramic element (Heater Cover?).
Not sure of the correct terminology for all the parts!
Question #1 - Is there an instruction sheet or manual?
Question #2 - Can you recommend an upgrade kit so I actually get everything I need at once?
- Can we communicate directly and set up a purchase?

I'm reading lots of rave reviews about the red ball set up and it sounds and looks like the way to go.

Airborne420

Company Rep
For STEVE at Elev8;
The set up is the original stock wand and glass thingy over the ceramic element (Heater Cover?).
Question #2 - Can you recommend an upgrade kit so I actually get everything I need at once?

I'm reading lots of rave reviews about the red ball set up and it sounds and looks like the way to go.
Steve says he is unable to get in the forum, but I am Theresa. I can help you.

We are excited to hear this news.

1. There is a video, I am unsure if I can post links in here. There is a video on YouTube if you search Baller Elev8. Otherwise I will email to you.

2. Send me an image of the inside of your device looking down at the heater. I will be able to determine everything needed to get this upgrade to fit.

I look forward to serving you.

Please email me directly at customercare@elev8distribution.com
to finalize.
Theresa

coolbreeze

1. There is a video, I am unsure if I can post links in here. There is a video on YouTube if you search Baller Elev8. Otherwise I will email to you.

2. Send me an image of the inside of your device looking down at the heater. I will be able to determine everything needed to get this upgrade to fit.

to finalize.
Theresa
For STEVE at Elev8;

Theresa, it's fine to link or embed videos, there's an embed media tool behind the dots next to the quotes button. I think this is the video in question:

Oh, and here's the Baller SSV in action. Getting Theresa ripped.

Steal Yer Faceoff

to finalize.
Theresa
Email sent, thanks for your customer care!

Top Bottom