RSO and edibles

Madtater

Hello FC!

I saw/read a thread about shatter and edibles not working this morning. I did not want to hijack that thread, so i figured i would post here and ask.

In that thread someone mentioned “just grab some rso and use that to make edibles”. This is my question.

I by chance bought some rso by accident (long story). I would like to use it to make some honey for tea. It is a 1ml syringe of this dark dark green sticky shit (obviously). I have a large mason jar full of dark local honey (3 or 4 full cups). How much of that 1ml should i be adding? How can i determine the proper dosage to mix with the honey? Does anyone have any suggestions on dosage or an equation i can use to determine dosage?

RSO i have read is VERY strong, so i am not looking to get blasted with the honey, only to use it as a late evening “tea before bed” thing.

Thank you!

Madtater,

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Hello FC!

I saw/read a thread about shatter and edibles not working this morning. I did not want to hijack that thread, so i figured i would post here and ask.

In that thread someone mentioned “just grab some rso and use that to make edibles”. This is my question.

I by chance bought some rso by accident (long story). I would like to use it to make some honey for tea. It is a 1ml syringe of this dark dark green sticky shit (obviously). I have a large mason jar full of dark local honey (3 or 4 full cups). How much of that 1ml should i be adding? How can i determine the proper dosage to mix with the honey? Does anyone have any suggestions on dosage or an equation i can use to determine dosage?

RSO i have read is VERY strong, so i am not looking to get blasted with the honey, only to use it as a late evening “tea before bed” thing.

Thank you!
So 1 gram is equal to 1000 mg or 1 syringe of RSO ( 1 milliliters ) . Just divide the amount of RSO by the amount you want to consume. So if I take 1000 mg or 1 gram of RSO and say divide that by a batch of 24 cookies, then each cookie will be 41.6 mg per cookie. @GoldenBud was right , it's better to eat it with something small . I use it on a peanut butter ( high fat is good ;) ) toast. There are 340 grams in 1 cup of Honey , If you take 1000 mg of RSO and divide that by 340 grams then each gram will have 2.94 mg of RSO . There are 21 grams per tablespoon of honey, each tablespoon would have 61.74 mg of RSO . Most folks need to start slow when dosing :rofl:. There are all sorts of charts online you can check out, this is my standard practice .

Madtater

So 1 gram is equal to 1000 mg or 1 syringe of RSO ( 1 milliliters ) . Just divide the amount of RSO by the amount you want to consume. So if I take 1000 mg or 1 gram of RSO and say divide that by a batch of 24 cookies, then each cookie will be 41.6 mg per cookie. @GoldenBud was right , it's better to eat it with something small . I use it on a peanut butter ( high fat is good ;) ) toast. There are 340 grams in 1 cup of Honey , If you take 1000 mg of RSO and divide that by 340 grams then each gram will have 2.94 mg of RSO . There are 21 grams per tablespoon of honey, each tablespoon would have 61.74 mg of RSO . Most folks need to start slow when dosing :rofl:. There are all sorts of charts online you can check out, this is my standard practice .

Thank you for that.

Now i just need to figure out the math to get a tablespoon of honey to 5mg or so.

I understand that high fat is better for edibles and the affects of them, but m and the wife REALLY want honey for tea at night, and since RSO is already decarbed, it seems like just mixing the 2 together will work.

Again, IF this does work and i can get the rso/honey mix to a manageable dose, i will just buy rso and make honey myself with it….IF it works.

Appreciate the link and the help. You answered my question.

Thank you again!

Madtater,

JettyRatt

you might look into adding a little VG ( food grade vegetable glycerin ) to help with the complete mixing and distribution of the RSO i add some to my THC lean (infused simple syrup) it seems to help definitely better results with the VG

JettyRatt,
Reactions: Madtater

simba

@weedanwine
It will work it can just be awkward to evenly distribute which doesn't help with dosing. Probably better to have to RSO on it's own then follow with honey to help ease the strong RSO flavour.

simba,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Vapegirl666

Asked hubby about this
Distribution and suspension are the hardest things to achieve infusing oil and simple syrup/honey
He uses lecithin with coconut/mct oil for a fat infusion
Uses gums to bind the rso to the sugar water (his words)
For the honey he suggested infusing single servings instead of using all the rso
One thing to do is spread the rso on a parchment sheet and freeze it
Weigh it and separate it so handling, infusing and dosing will be easier
A little goes a long way
He just finished a batch of infused simple syrup using 210S to mix the rso and simple syrup together

As for the 1 gram of rso equalling 1000mg
Question for another thread

Vapegirl666,
Top Bottom